Sign in to follow this  
wolfrider

Episode #6: Bonanza Is Disgusting

Wed, Oct 24

8:00 PM Bonanza Is Disgusting

Pollution becomes a problem when flies, rats and pigs invade the town; and the town council hands out its first punishment against a pioneer.

This is going to be an interesting episode...

LOL Joa if you saw my post in the media thread, I am sure Taylor would have no problem doing it if need be... She's a hunter if you haven't read my post...

Ok, DK totally rocked. He deserved that gold star! I'm glad Guylan, hope I spelled that right, stepped up and talked him into staying! Very nice to see that Sophie, Michael, and Greg, all previous gold star winners, are STILL working their rear ends off for the town. Especially glad to see it with Greg.

Why would Taylor tell Zach she hates him for taking the fruit and veggies, when Taylor went against the majority wish for almost every single reward? Was that "I hate you" edited in or did she really say that?

Edited to add:

That looked like possums in the town trash, which would totally make sense. Those critters are all over this area and always getting into trash, even in town. Worse than rats.

They looked like rats to me....possums go out at night, rats do too but you

never see possums during daylight hours, at least the ones I've ever seen.

I'm so glad that DK is staying and that he got the gold star!

DK had me crying this episode. I could understand his frustration with all the bickering going on around him. Guylan proved his worth as a leader by persuading DK to give Bonanza another chance. I wonder, what would have happened with the gold star had Guylan not been successful?

Taylor is a trip, but every show needs a villain and she is filling that role. Her parents must be shaking their heads at most of her behavior.

Her parents must be shaking their heads

Sideways or up and down?

Fuskie

Who wonders what became of the threat to not pay Taylor for her failure to perform her assigned tasks...

Must be sideways, because up and down would be more likely referred to as nodding.

I also wonder if Taylor was paid in full.

I am hoping we will find out if she got paid...

I loved the whole pork and beans competition. Great memories for these kids.

I am hoping we will find out if she got paid...

The money doesn't really matter since they all eat for free. The money is just for extra stuff, and I think she can do without it for a day.

What else can they do? The council has its hands tied behind their backs. They can make rules, but have no real way of enforcing them. Without any bias, what should Taylor's punishment be? I think since she doesn't want to help build KN, she shouldn't enjoy it either. Her meals should be bread and water. She shouldn't be allowed to participate in challenges. The saloon should refuse to serve her. She would probably end up going home, but sometimes its necessary in society to cut out the dead wood.

If you are suggesting they shun her, I don't think it would do anything but make her cry and go home. They need a way of enforcing rules, but without adults getting involved, that won't happen. She needs to learn there are consequences for bad behavior, and without a punishment she won't change her ways.

Unfortunately, the only punishment they can give her that she would care about would be to kick her out of Bonanza. That would go against what they are trying to do though.

If you are suggesting they shun her...

No I am not suggesting that. I am just pointing out the impossibility of the situation. KN is a family TV show and as such has certain boundries it must stay in. Those boundries make it impossible to deal any real punishment except banishment. Real societies need laws, and those laws need a way to be enforced. So in that aspect KN is already a failure. How long before the other kids realize that if Taylor can get away with it, so can they?