Chatbox
    That was a great first night. Thank you everyone that posted. When midnight rolls around in the BB house, I start the next day's thread. It is now Thursday September 29, 2016 please use that thread. GN, & Thanks again. ~Morty
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wolfrider

Episode #5: Viva La Revolucion!

19 posts in this topic

Wed, Oct 17

8:00 PM Viva La Revolucion!

The pioneers learn they can replace the town-council members if they choose to do so, and the current four leaders try to get reelected.

Okay, so i watched KN during ANTM commercials. I remember hearing talks of who should get the gold star this week, but after the election, was a gold star awarded to anyone? Also, who was nominated against Laurel? And how many votes did Laurel and Anjay get?

(I'll rewatch the episode Thursday when it comes on-line.)

Thanks!!

Wow, they finally gave him the gold star?! That's great! I felt kind of bad for Mike when he got only one vote. I wonder if he'll get any of his answers as to why most of them voted against him.

Yeah, I have been wanting Greg to get it. Each week he's in the running, but never does. Its a good thing.

I felt bad for Mike too. He tries. He makes mistakes, but he tries.

I really didn't care for Olivia this episode. What's her problem? Anjay isn't that bad and she's just always on his back. Then she runs against him, but doesn't really have anything to go on. She was so smug. I am glad she lost. Then when Anjay tried to give her some credit, she just trashes him. She made a comment to him during the food fight about maturity, but she needs to look in the mirror.

I am glad that they gave the star to Greg too... Very proud of him for checking on the young little girl about the posters... She was so upset, and he went in there and talked to her trying to make her feel better, and I think it did help...

Olivia did turn out to be a rather rude campaigner, and I hate to say it but the negative politics against Taylor worked as well as it does in the real world. I was kind of surprised at the landslide against Mike - that was a bitter pill to swallow. Michael could probably have won in Green District if he wanted.

Fuskie

Who notes that the Town Council may have inadvertently done Zach a disservice by not giving him a Gold Star this week, since now as a Council Member, he will not be eligible to be awarded a Gold Star unless and until there is a new election...

I really didn't care for Olivia this episode. What's her problem? Anjay isn't that bad and she's just always on his back. Then she runs against him, but doesn't really have anything to go on. She was so smug. I am glad she lost. Then when Anjay tried to give her some credit, she just trashes him. She made a comment to him during the food fight about maturity, but she needs to look in the mirror.

I agree. I was watching thinking what a hypocrite she was. She came off really bad during the election, and that probably cost her votes. The comment she made afterwards was just sour grapes.

Taylor lost because of the way she leads, not because of the campaign.

I really didn't care for Olivia this episode. What's her problem?

She is 12, not perfect, and part of a storyline that has not yet played itself out. All editing is 100% manipulation that has agenda whether it be fictional TV or reality TV. In the case of Kid Nation the target audience is families with pre-teens (Not hardcore reality TV fans); it is about learning important life lessons that children can understand. In this case of Oliva and Anjay: Sometimes two people from different backgrounds don't get along, but over time they find common ground and learn to appreciate each other. Their personal conflict would not be shown on national TV otherwise. You got to look that the bigger picture. :)

I think Anjay probably did something to tick Olivia off in some way and we'll find out later why she is treating him that way. We did get to see more of Anjay this time. I noticed that Olivia seemed to know him well enough to really dig in deep under his skin and she used that to her advantage. It didn't get her the council seat, but it did get the producers to show us a little more and different sides of Anjay.

I'm glad Greg finally got the star. He deserved it. Zach will have a chance if and when he leaves the council and he seems like the type of kid who will continue working hard even if he's voted out so I'm not worried about him. Taylor and Mike were both gracious under the circumstances. I felt a bit sorry for Mike, I think red just decided they wanted a new face in charge. While I am glad that Taylor was voted off, I also hope that she took notice of the fact that none of the kids clapped when her vote was read and there was loud cheering when Zach's were. I know some people think some of us, myself included, are too hard on the kids on this show, but we are nothing compared to other kids. The expression, "Kids can be cruel" is a fact. Maybe that will be a little wake up for her.

I know I'm hard on her. I don't hate her, but I don't like her either. Not as she is now. I hope that as she grows she will learn more respect for others and a better work ethic. There is hope for her.

They have never shown much of Anjay. This episode is the first where we really see a lot of him. They haven't shown that there were problems in the blue district, or that some people disliked Anjay. They just threw it all in this episode for the election. There's got to be some reason why Olivia doesn't like Anjay that much. Unless they just don't click, and matters were only made worse by conflicting personalities.

I was hoping that they might mention to Greg that he had been in consideration for the Gold Star every week, and only narrowly lost. This was also the perfect opportunity for Mike to air his misgivings about Greg's sincerity by telling him he hoped that this wouldn't change his level of commitment and participation, but it was an opportunity missed.

Love him or hate him, Greg did deserve that gold star. Maybe not for anything specific this week, but for consistent effort, surely.

They should have shown more of Greg's call home. Everyone else has gotten long montages (sp?) of their run to the phone and their conversations with their families and their feelings. They should have been able to show all of that.

I just dont see what Olivia's problem with Anjay is. Blue has done well in comps. She seems to just have it in for him personally and it just makes her look bad.

I wasn't too impressed with Olivia's bad attitude this episode either... I am wondering if they'll ever give us some backstory exposition to explain the bitterness between the two. It seemed to come from out of the blue. <--- oh dear, excuse the pun! ;)

I have a child getting orthodontic work done. There is no way I would send her on any show for any length of time without proper oral hygiene equipment. Braces cost a small fortune and to sent them out for that long without toothbrushes and toothpaste really stupid. I will say that the baking soda was probably an acceptable replacement for toothpaste, but for these kids with braces, without a tooth brush? How are they supposed to keep their mouths healthy? They don't keep their teeth clean, they could end up with spotty teeth.

I was really shocked when I saw a reward was toothbrushes and such. I never would have thought they couldn't bring toothbrushes! I get is for shows like Survivor, but I thought since there are kids in this show, they wouldn't compromise their health in that way.

I was also annoyed with Olivia, but I'm quite sure that is what the producers wanted. I'm not really all that enamored of Anjay either. I think Laurel was right -- most of the natural leaders are on the green team. It sure seems like there is a different level of maturity in that group.

I thought Mike and even Taylor handled their defeats graciously. It will be interesting to see how Taylor does sitting on those low benches.

I'm surprise Greg didn't run for the Blue District.....glad he got the Gold Star...too bad his phone call was merely a time filler in the end, but it was a busy week.....

Really surprise that Mike only got one vote (wonder who that was)...Haven't seen much of what's his name, but I hope he does a good job...

Michael could have won, if he decided to run...I think Laurel got lucky with that, but she hasn't really done a bad job herself....

Glad Taylor is out of the council...let's hope Zach can motivate the Yellow Team to actually follow his advice and work to benefit the town...

**Michael needs a Gold Star**

**Can someone in the council get a Gold Star?...if not, I think Zach might have cost himself that by winning the election**

Mike's one vote was from himself.

Fuskie

Who expects that's why he took the results so hard - his entire district, those he thought were his friends, turned against him...