Sign in to follow this  
Yana

General Discussion...

I found some news article that said the contract the parents signed stated the show was 13 episodes (kids get paid residuals).

The reason I ask is because I can't see the whole Taylor drama lasting more than 2-3 more episodes before it reaches some kind of resolution. My perspective is that show is for kids, and focusing too much longer on the "Bad" Taylor quickly becomes counter productive. This show is not some kind of "Boot Camp" for kids needing to get their act together. That maybe the theme with Taylor, but other kids have other stories\themes.

I expect them Taylor will transform into a productive citizen of Bonzana City over the next couple of episodes, and another drama\conflict will become the focus.

Yes, extremely arrogant and condescending. Stereotypical asshole that gets on people's nerve with pretty everything that he states. The kind of guy who YOU never want to be right, and hope is always wrong. Major loser who has no friends; family disowned him. Even more annoying he's a jerk that never shuts up. Never does, here day after day, rehash after rehash. It makes me want to barf! Does this guy have life? Surely he lives in a trailer park somewhere on welfare. Probably faked a back injury 10 years ago while on job as a greeter at Walmart, and now sits at home watching TV, fat as a pig drinking beer no doubt. LOL. All he has now is his fantasy world defending some loser 10 year old brat (which is pretty sick). I think he might be mentally unstable as product of the fostercare system. What a wacko, he's worse than Taylor. I'll take Taylor anyday over him, he makes her look like and Angel.

I might have left something out, but I think profiled it petty well.

:lol:

Echo rules!!!

40 days. 3 days per episode, 1st episode was 4 days. 13 episodes.

Fuskie

Who believes the season is about half way through...

How did they get all these kids to not go to school during filming? If they did this during April and May, how did they take them out of school?

Echo not only rules but he is cute as all get out!

sorry Echo but its true.

I dont know why people get on your case just for posting your opinion. I mean isnt that what these boards are for>?

How did they get all these kids to not go to school during filming? If they did this during April and May, how did they take them out of school?

Same way child actors go to school. Tutors.

No, not tutors although one kid did bring a month's worth of home work assignments. 40 days seems like a long time, but it was really only 6 weeks. Take one week out for Spring Break and subtract weekends, and it was really only 25 days of school. I understand there were also teachers days, etc, for some. Most made it up during the summer, I imagine. For the home schooled kids, it was probably the same old same old when they got home.

Fuskie

Who has not heard of any parent complaining about their kid missing out on education...

I read on the bios somewhere that some of the kids are home schooled, I didn't count how many though. :pixiedust:

I think the boy who just won the Gold Star was home schooled. I was also thinking the two sisters were home schooled, not sure about them.

I suspect every single one of these kids were above average academically and that missing a few weeks of school wouldn't effective them. I doubt they would have selected a child that had academic problems.

Two sisters? lol I don't remember that there were sisters on the show....I missed the first 3 episodes. It just shows that some of these kids are for background. Can someone let me know who the sisters are....just curious. I went on the cast pics site and it only lists first names, which is ok.....stalkers are everywhere these days. :pixiedust:

Olivia and Mallory are the sisters. If you missed the first 3 episodes, I think you missed when mallory won the star. Her sister campaigned for her. It was Mallory's birthday or something, most people think that she won it only because it was her birthday. She wasn't really doing anything special. She works hard for an 8 year old, but Greg I think deserved it more at the time.

Thanks Baron....I didn't see Mallory win the star.....so I guess how I missed them being sisters. While I was looking up the kids I came across a cute little kid named Jimmy.....I don't remember him at all. :pixiedust:

Jimmy was a cute little kid

He decided to go home on the very first episode as he was very homesick

Laurel kind of took him under her wing after she found him curled up and crying. She and the others all wanted him to stay but he said this was too tough for an 8 year old and wanted to go home.

Thanks Flynwa, I knew there was two kids that went home, I saw the second one leave. I didn't know who the first one was. Yeah....he's a cute little fellow. :pixiedust:

Dear TCS, do you know you can watch all the episodes online if you have a high speed connection?

http://www.cbs.com/innertube/player.php?ca...mat=&auto=1

I know we are forbidden to talk about Taylor ever again because I called you a troll, and Baron thought I was serious, so Yana got really really really mad and deleted all your posts and forbid us to never say the "T" word ever again BUT... if you watch the first couple episodes online you can see why everyone (except me) hates <insert T-Word here> so much that they think she's worse than Evil Dick ever was. But whatever you do, don't say the name <insert T-Word here> ever ever again or they might yell at you for saying it, and that would be bad. :animated_bouncy:

Yeah, I have high speed. and I'm home now.....for weeks I've been at my Mom's and she has phone line dsl but when I tried to watch the first episode of Survivor it wouldn't stream right. Thanks for the link.....I forgot all about checking for Kid Nation episodes. I really want to see what all the fuss was about.

Added: Ok....just went there.....the episodes on-line are working great! thanks! :pixiedust:

Baron once wrote:

echo, it occurs to me how your screen name is perfect for you. Its because you just keep saying the same thing over and over.
;)

While your deduction makes sense that I am repetitively like an echo in an echo chamber, here is the E True Hollywood Story:

Back when Cowboy was on big brother he was the most hated HG simply because people thought he was a dork. Probably the same people who hated Evil Dick, and they hated Cowboy with the same level of intensity as those who hated Evil Dick. I didn't like the all the trashing, but stayed out of it because Cowboy had seen the show, was an adult, and understood he'd would be taped\watched for 3 months of his life.

After being on the show for several weeks, his wife and his young step son were profiled on the prime time show, and the "Hate Cowboy Club" had fresh targets to degrade and demean. That is where I drew the line, going after family members isn't cool either, and worse were their rips on the little boy like: "What a fat ugly pig he is. ROFL". Anyway, there's no going head-to-head with jackasses who spend their evenings posting mean and nasty nicknames\comments about family members outside the game, so the persona of Echo was invented to echo back their comments, but far worse; Echo became the worst offender of them all. As Echo, I would make the most ruthless comments about cowboy and his family. It was many many times worse than the lame comments by the Jackasses. Over and over I would call the mother and her son "Retards", "Trailer Trash", and make up all kind of lies about them. At first the Jackasses thought it was funny, but Echo just got meaner and worse. They started getting upset because Echo was taking the fun out of making cruel\witty\demeaning comments about Cowboy and his family. Echo's comments weren't funny or witty, they were ruthless and very mean spirited. Soon, the Jackasses hated Echo more than they hated Cowboy and his family. The Jackasses would flame Echo hoping he'd go away or at least shut up. It became comical\ironic that they thought it was OK to be mean and cruel as long as it wasn't over the top. From their perspective it was OK to call the little boy "A fat ugly pig" but Echo went too far by calling the kid a retard, a moron, and much much worse. I remember one of the Jackasses asking: "What evidence you have that the kid is a moron?". And echo responded "The fact that the kid is a fat ugly pig". There's no logic, or justification, behind being mean and degrading. There's no level of acceptable cruelty, just levels of intensity, as echo I was just increasing the intensity far beyond what the Jackasses considered acceptable cruelity.

This went on until Cowboy made to the final two, but lost. After that Echo just faded away and became a nicer person, at least most of the time. :animated_bouncy:

So that ends the E true Hollywood Story of Echo at Mortys.

TCS wrote:

hey...I almost have 1000 posts, I remember how tickled I was to have 100!

And I remember when I had 666 posts, and you had 665, and I started posting more than 2 years before you did. Boy am I slow!

Just remember, its not what you say that counts, its how many meaningless posts you can rack up saying nothing at all. That's what I do! This is meaningless post #842 :cheshire:

LOL echo! I watched and caught up on the KN episodes. A certain person wasn't all that bad. Greg was alot worse than her 2-3 times. I got very grossed out when they killed the chickens! ewww!

btw: believe it or not.....I loved Cowboy on BB and was rooting for him from day one! I'm glad I didn't belong to Mortys back then because I would have been p*$$ed if people were that bad about him. I thought of him as an under-dog. He wasn't one of those hot good looking copper-tone tan guys that they always have on BB. He was an average guy. He had a good heart! And thats why I think he made it to the final 2. He got along with the other HG's. Here I go again and getting off the topic!lol

Back on topic....I think you're right, the editing will come around and at the end of KN all the kids will live happily ever after. The producers wants the kids to be a sucess. The editing is heading in that direction. I'm glad I got to see the beginning! The show is about half way and the kids are doing alot better already. JMHO :pixiedust:

I liked Cowboy, he did have a good heart. Watching the feeds, it was clear that he had no ill will towards others. He was like Gilligan on Big Brother. He meant nobody any harm, yet there were people in here at Morty's that hated him and were relentless in their daily trashing of him. Some maybe still here, but I can't recall any of their names.

We shall see how Kid Nation ends. It most definitely would be breaking a lot of social rules if this show wanted to depict some of the kids as being good, neutral, bad. I don't know if you have ever had a chance to watch the Saturday morning show called "Endurance" it is basically "Survivor" for kids in middle school. In that show, all the kids appear to have minor personality flaws and mild conflicts with others, but overall, they all leave the show with the audience perception that each one of the kids has personal qualities of a winner, not a loser. Even on Survivor, nobody really is shown as a horrible person, just maybe a ruthless player during the game, but not a bad person; during the wrap show, they all are shown as happy survivors. Don't be surprised that Kid Nation has some kind of postscript showing the kids feeling positive about with their experience and each other. Even <insert T-Word here> as happy 10 year old girl glad she had the experience of learning what it was like to get her hands dirty.

OK Guys... You are all doing good except one thing... We can't really post count... I know it's exciting and all, but it's against the rules, and we don't want to get anyone in trouble here... :) Just thought I would let you all know...

I think I'm getting the picture, Don't count things we're not supposed to count, or talk about the things we're not supposed to count.

<---- :cheshire::figment:

So why didn't you try that tactic for Taylor?

As for Cowboy, I didn't like him. I never made fun of him though. But, as I recall didn't he make some bad move or betray someone? I remember not liking him even more for some reason, but my memory is bad.

Chiming in here...

I could not stand Cowboy but not because of who he is but because of not playing the game. It drove me nuts to watch that guy.

I liked ED. He played the game and made it interesting.

Courtney on Survivor... can't stand since she also does not play the game.

Now back on topic. As far as Beauty Queen...Even my kids do not like her and think she is a lazy butt...once again, someone who is NOT playing the game = do not like!

It makes a difference when the person actually plays and wants to be part of the outcome.

Glad to see you YANA!!!!

Baron wrote

So why didn't you try that tactic for Taylor?

As for Cowboy, I didn't like him. I never made fun of him though. But, as I recall didn't he make some bad move or betray someone? I remember not liking him even more for some reason, but my memory is bad.

Morty's forum is well moderated these days by the likes of Darth Yana, so there's no need go off the deep end as I did in the summer of 2004. At the time, I don't think there were any moderators; it was with the old forum system which really couldn't be monitored very easily.

Cowboy wasn't perfect. He made decisions within the context of the game got him to the final 2, but not the 500K. It could be argued that he was Drew's pawn. Some hated him because he evicted his own half-sister, others just hated him because he was dork and wanna-be cowboy. Some just hated him with incredible passion and they took pleasure personally attacking him and his entire family. If they had left his family out of it, I'd left it alone. When someone calls a little boy "A fat ugly pig", I just can't let it pass. Everyone has their pet peeves, that's just one of mine.

Chatterbox wrote:

It makes a difference when the person actually plays and wants to be part of the outcome.

Not certian if you are talking about Kid Nation specifically. The comment applies well for adult reality shows, and applies to Kid Nation to some degree in that the kids need to work together. Kid Nation is not a reality game to see who's the last kid standing, and all the kids are immature, so there are a different set of expectations.