Sign in to follow this  
Yana

General Discussion...

I thought you guys were just joking when asking if Guylan was a girl or boy just because he has long hair. I never thought he looked like a girl though. And his name is GUYlan. Very clear to me that he's a boy.

Me too!! I thought they were joking at first b/c I thought it was obvious. Guess it wasn't. :lol:

Not that there's anything at all wrong with that

Look, a Seinfeld fan! LOL

...Kendel instead of Kyndal...

I've never heard of either of those names, and would never guess which was for which sex.

The closest thing I can think of is "Ken doll", and that's as clearly male as "Barbie" is female!

Does anyone else think that part of the reason Taylor lost was the barbecue/dental choice? I think it may have, and I'm even more convinced that it played a part in Mike's ouster. Red was edited to be the most vocal about the meat.

Not me. Seemed clear that the Yellow girls were voting by sex, and (based on the editng) it really did look like Zach's impassioned one-on-one speech convinced that one girl to change her mind (since her switch vote was the deciding one), and she said nothing about it when confessing her reasons to the camera later. Mike, on the other hand, may have possibly lost a few votes for that, even though this time, he was the one backing the "immediate" reward over the "long-term" reward, unusually.

Anyone been having trouble with KN on-line, or know another place to watch it?

I've been having a lot of trouble with the CBS site as well... don't know if you've since solved your problem, but it's also available on the AOL TV site and I've found that the video player works a lot better there than at CBS. :)

So is that aoltv.com? I watched it today, with hardly any problems, but there were times throughout the video that were slow and choppy once again. Plus, I paused it for a few minutes, and when I went back to play it, it didn't start. I was half way through the show, so I had to restart the whole video, rewatching the first half again just to see the ending.

Here's the link. I've had far fewer issues here than at CBS. Hope it helps! :)

Come'n! He's a boy. Yeah he has long hair, but he's not that bad.

Anybody see the little cartoon they ran at the beginning of the show? It was a little kid telling the kid viewers to go and grab thier brothers and sisters and parents to watch Kid nation. Its the first time I noticed it. So why run this little 5 second tease? Is the show hurting in ratings, or is it to reinforce the viewership? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Baron if you read the media thread you will see that KN was actually up in ratings this week... here

Yana, I wonder it that's because of the commerical they were showing. I saw a short part of a commerical the other day for KN and it looked like it was going to be a jam packed, big episode. It must have caught a lot of people's attention.

Could be, but I sort of think that people at first didn't really wanna watch it, maybe because they thought it might be canceled due to all the child labor media before the show even aired, but now there seems to be a buzz about the show...

I thought you guys were just joking when asking if Guylan was a girl or boy just because he has long hair. I never thought he looked like a girl though. And his name is GUYlan. Very clear to me that he's a boy.

Former American Idol contestant MANdisa would clearly have a problem with your rationale. :D

I am another who wasnt sure if he was a boy or girl, but very cute either way and I am glad he won, I hope he does a great job.

I dont think the BBQ had anythign to do with Taylor being booted, she deserved to lose.

And good for Greg, when he went in to talk to the girl who was crying about the ripped poster, it made me think he deserved it too!

Former American Idol contestant MANdisa would clearly have a problem with your rationale.

I was just adding the spelling of the name as an extra tidbit. Obviously, not always true. But my point being, I think he clearly looks like a boy.

This week I watched Guylan more closely and I can't believe I thought he was a she. Definitely a boy. Although in my defense he got very little air time before last week's episode.

You're right. And Mike got way less.

I think I noticed many more of the nameless filler kids during this episode, probably only because I was trying to.

Seriously, how many of the 40 can you actually name? (Or if you're not good with names, at least be able to say something like "the kid that did so-and-so".) ?

Seriously, how many of the 40 can you actually name? (Or if you're not good with names, at least be able to say something like "the kid that did so-and-so".) ?

I've noticed that the majority are there more as background, with an occasional commented. I am sure a few more will have episode where a theme is centered around them.

I don't believe the show is scripted, but the producers keep the kids contained\limited and provide problems the kids need to solve through role play, and of course the compeititions.

Over the 40 days a lot interesting things happened and certain kids were natural leaders and\or said things that made for great TV (ie Taylor). After it was all over, the producers go through and stitch together a season worth of episodes that makes for a compelling TV series for families who have (8-13) years old watching. The show is targeting the hardcore reality fans wanting good\bad players to cheer\jeer. During the editing process they did select to focus the show on a core group of kids the entire season because that is how it played out among the kids. The audience also needs a core set that is familar every week. The core group gets face time each episode, then over the season a few others have a theme center around them for an episode (ie gets gold star), and the rest are mainly just in the background getting seen\heard occationally (ie Taylor's side kick).

I enjoyed last night's episode...got to say was glad that they picked the food.

I'm afraid that one of the kids could of gotten hurt on one of those off-road

things. The kids would of had fun with them though. Just afraid of accidents.

Edited by TCSLUVSTV
To remove reference to deleted post

Sorry guys, but I cleaned this thread up to remove any references to the deleted post, if you want to comment on that post please do so in the media thread...

THANK YOU!!!

Echo

You seem to know so much about this show. As in statements of what will happen in the future with the kids over the 40 day period

You also refer to how the producers did the editing.

You also have a huge attachement to Taylor

Did you work on this show? You stated you work a lot with kids.

I dont think he is her dad

if he were i think he would be up front about his parenting skills.

i still think maybe he is an uncle? lol jk

i do think he probably worked with the show in some way. He is so certain that Taylor will redeam herself.

He doesnt use the verbiage of --if -- but -- when --

FLYNWAY, No connection with the show. Not related. No spoiler information. I do have experience with filming kids at summer camp for 2 years while in college. Studied film\television production. Watched Survivor from day 1 and handful of the big reality shows. I pay close attention to how such shows are edited and what they foreshadow and the typical patterns used that project the outcome. How survivor works is pretty obvious, but I dare not try to predict the results, they edit that show extreme well, the best of all reality shows.

Baron said:

I think he's just full of himself... or full of something.

Yes, extremely arrogant and condescending. Stereotypical edit that gets on people's nerve with pretty everything that he states. The kind of guy who YOU never want to be right, and hope is always wrong. Major loser who has no friends; family disowned him. Even more annoying he's a jerk that never shuts up. Never does, here day after day, rehash after rehash. It makes me want to barf! Does this guy have life? Surely he lives in a trailer park somewhere on welfare. Probably faked a back injury 10 years ago while on job as a greeter at Walmart, and now sits at home watching TV, fat as a pig drinking beer no doubt. LOL. All he has now is his fantasy world defending some loser 10 year old brat (which is pretty sick). I think he might be mentally unstable as product of the fostercare system. What a wacko, he's worse than Taylor. I'll take Taylor anyday over him, he makes her look like and Angel. :animated_bouncy:

I might have left something out, but I think profiled it petty well.

Edited by Yana
To remove swear word...

Well, what I just want to know is when do you sleep/work? You post at all hours of the day. Maybe you aren't even a single person? Maybe there's a team of you guys posting and posting. That's why you keep repeating yourself because echo1 never knows what echo2 is doing and so on. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this.

Only one person behind the keyboard. If there were two more more people involved, they'd double team a different way.

Of course, any inconstancies and contradictions that I might have all seem normal too me. This is true for everyone. People who enjoy degrading little kids have not problem with it, in their mind, it's justified and perfectly acceptable behavior.

Getting back to Kid Nation:

Anyone know how many episodes there are? I am guessing at least 10, probably 12, but no more than 16.