Sign in to follow this  
Yana

General Discussion...

I didn't hear the three weeks, but I was screaming for them to take the BBQ anyway... No matter if it was three weeks or not... They had baking soda... Not the best, but I don't see any real damage being done in only 40 days as long as they use the baking soda... I will have to talk to my son about that one... He's a dental assistant...

OK I have to say this... I am very proud of those kids... They handled that election with class, even Taylor... I'm not talking about the kid destorying posters, I am talking about the actual election... I have been involved in politics in Jaycees for many years and believe me I have seen adults not handle it as well... I was upset they didn't take the BBQ though... Oh well... I am also proud of Greg and hope he continues the way he's been for the past couple of episodes...

Glad it was a good episode. Still doesn't come on here for 1.5 or 2.5 hours (forgot if it comes on at 7-8). Can't wait to see!!

I just want to see if the new council members can make a difference. I like what I heard about no pay if you aint doing your job.

In the preview of next week, it shows Taylor carrying water. Does yellow lose and become laborers?

Almost done with spoiler time ...

So glad that Greg finally got his star. It looked as if he learned that, bottom line, he had to mellow out every day, not just when he felt like it. And I feel he had a good cry - they just did a good edit for his man-child sake. Yahoooooo.

And the oustered -- Mike and his big chips gone, Taylor and her "deal with it" gone. Smart kids - maybe most evident by the ones they left in power.

I like what I heard about no pay if you aint doing your job.

That was Anjay and remember his Blue District are Laborers.

Fuskie

Who observes that Anjay rubs his district the wrong way in how he barks orders...

I was soooo happy for Greg. What a good moment. :party_smilie:

He's soo cute! :)

...even happier that Zach won over Taylor. Thought she was the same ol' prissy brat in this episode. Can't help but be sad to see her cry this time though b/c she handled the loss well.

Had a sad moment for Mike to when he lost.

Pretty good show tonight. The elections was good. Taylor was Taylor. I was very happy for Greg winning the gold star, and him wanting to use the money for college. I also liked the Presidents comp. I would of picked the BBQ, and it looked like most of the kids wanted the BBQ too. JMHO :pixiedust:

I would have picked the BBQ too. Can you imagine smelling all that and not getting it. TORTURE!! :lol:

Last week the town council let all the kids vote for which reward they wanted. Tonight, the council picked. Most of the kids had hungry looks on their faces. I think if there had been a vote, they would have picked BBQ! :pixiedust:

I said to my hubby though before they went to vote, I said I bet you money that Taylor is going to want the dental stuff... Leave it to a beauty queen and she would pick it everytime, and sure nuff I was right...

Just so y'all know, if you haven't read the media thread, they are already casting for the next season...

Yana, thus far, Taylor has been very consistent about going with the long term benefit over the immediate gratification.

I don't know how the ratings are, but I would guess the demographics are very strong among family that have pre-teens. Kids got to love this show.

My kids love it and look forward to it. I am being a bad mom and letting them stay up until 9 on Wednesday's just to see it. My 1st grader has finally caught the bug and is very decisive on what these kids should be doing. There is finally a good show for kids on TV. I wondered when the networks were going to be bright enough to have a decent show on for them.

My quandry of the day: Is Guylan a girl or a boy?

I want to start a groundswell of support for Zach as a write-in candidate for the 2008 presidential election. I don't care that he doesn't fit the age criteria. I love him and want him to be president. I haven't heard campaign speeches that good from any of the current crop of adult candidates (either party). In fact, one of these candidates should steal his line "I don't want you to vote for me, I want you to agree with me".

OMG I thought that same thing... Now I have just got to go check...

I went to check and I really still don't have an answer... Nothing really says on the CBS site... I have gone and checked baby names sites trying to see if it was a female or male name, and the name doesn't even show up...

Edited by Yana
To add my findings...

I am glad someobody had the guts to ask this question; I was asking the same thing. I was leaning towards a girl.

GUYLAN

Hometown: Upton, Mass.

Experiences: "My parents are exotic animal trainers, therefore providing me the opportunity to live and work with bears, camels, baboons, lions, tigers and elephants literally in my back yard since I was a year old. I also grew up living in two zoos in New England, York's Wild Kingdom and Southwick's Zoo, for a few years."

Goals and Aspirations: "To stop global warming; to seek out new life and civilizations and to boldly go were no man (boy) has gone before."

LOL I think this answers the question... :)

He is most definitely a boy.

Fuskie

Who recalls Mike referring to Guylan as a He...

Wow, I really thought he was a girl! I missed the reference to "he" by Mike, but that may be because my brain had already labeled him a girl. Not that he has the mannerisms of a girl, it's just harder for me to tell with kids if they appear androgynous. Not that there's anything at all wrong with that, before I'm jumped on.

Does anyone else think that part of the reason Taylor lost was the barbecue/dental choice? I think it may have, and I'm even more convinced that it played a part in Mike's ouster. Red was edited to be the most vocal about the meat.

I'm so glad that I wasn't the only one who wondered if Guylan was a boy or girl. During last night's show I just sat there scratching my head. By the end of the show I was leanning more to Guylan being a boy, but wasn't 100 percent. Cute kid. :pixiedust:

What will be interesting is if we see how Zach and Guylan adapt to leadership roles. Mike was correct when he said it wasn't easy and you needed a thick skin.

Fuskie

Who expects Zach's threat to withhold pay for work not done to go over really well in Yellow District...

I thought you guys were just joking when asking if Guylan was a girl or boy just because he has long hair. I never thought he looked like a girl though. And his name is GUYlan. Very clear to me that he's a boy.

LOL Lala and when my son and DIN decided to name my granddaughter Kendel instead of Kyndal most people when seeing it spelled still even seeing her ask if she's a boy... You never know what a parent is thinking when they name their children...

See, and when I t hink of Kendal, I think of a girl. I never heard it used as a boy name, regardless of spelling.

LOL I guess it's just regions or something, cause there are a lot of both female and male Kendel, Kyndal's around here...