Sign in to follow this  
Yana

General Discussion...

I noticed we didn't have a thread for this, so I started one...

I wanted to talk about the fact that when the out houses overturned on the show a couple of weeks ago that there wasn't a whole under it for the waste to go into, so therefore I don't think they are working outhouses... I think it's now against the law anyway, but I was wondering if anyone else saw this...

I only saw a clip of the outhouse falling over....my thought at the time was: where is the blue water? I thought that they might use porta-potties with a wooden skin covering them, making them look like old fashion out-houses. :pixiedust:

That's what I thought too TCS. In the first episode they only had one outhouse and decided to get more in the challenge. If they aren't working outhouses, why would the kids want more? I think they are what you said, porta-potties made of wood and probably a plastic tank.

They probably have a truck come and pump them out. I don't think the kids would be made to do that, but cleaning around the bowl wouldn't be too hard.

I remember seeing a preview of one of the kids facing off with a bull, but I can't recall seeing that in any of the episodes. Did I miss it?

They are not outhouses in the traditional sence with a whole in the ground. There is a holding tank that can be pulled out probably of the back that holds all the waste , just as some one said porta pottie's . Can you really Imagine a hole in the ground filling with well you know what , okay sure some of us have seen it before and it is pure disgusting and the hole in the ground can not stop the seepage of smell . At least this type can be emptied and cleaned.

I remember seeing a preview of one of the kids facing off with a bull, but I can't recall seeing that in any of the episodes. Did I miss it?

Echo that happened not this past show, but the one before that... It was Cody I think... The one that just left this last show...

No cody is the little cowboy kid. He's still there and he's the one that faced the bull. Don't know how you missed it echo. Potty break?

I still got all the episodes on my TiVo, so I'll go back and take a look. Thx

Not sure how I missed it, might have been too busy writing nasty grams hoping that I'll tick everybody off, I mean, why else am I watching the show? It wouldn't be because I have kids who watch it, and we talk about the theme of each show, and the choices the kids make. Was it a good choice? What would you have wanted them to do? :) . Clearly at some point, I wasn't paying full attention.

I don't have the shows DVR'ed, but this was what was said in the recap of last weeks show which is posted in the media thread...

Most of the kids are crying as Cody leaves saying. "I'm sorry for all the people that supported me. But I can't stay here anymore. Guys, I'm going home."

So were there two kids named Cody?

Not sure, but the kid that faced off with the bull is the kid that alway's wears a cowboy hat and did well in the sheep competition. I think he's on the yellow team. The other kid wears glasses, and not so cowboy-ish.

Kid Nation Cast Pictures

I looked up the cast. You are right. Cody was voted out. Colton is the one that faced the bull though.

Also, looking at the pictures, it is funny how few of the kids make it on each episode.

KN started out with 40 kids....how many are there now? I've only seen the last show. Cody went home on that one. Have they lost kids on each show? Just wonderin' :pixiedust:

Thanks Baron :animated_wave::pixiedust:

Got to love TiVo. Makes for a great facts checker among other things.

I did track down the episode that has the kids and the bull. It was "Deal with it". That was the episode that I watched live and only saw the second half. I have a TV in my office, but no TiVo. I was at work that evening. I work at the Evil Empire somewhere located in Redmond WA.

The boy's name was Colton. It was impressive to see him square off with the bull. It looked to me that Colton has some experience handling steers; my guess he's grown up on a ranch of some kind and has been properly taught how to read\handle them. No magic trick on that one.

Anyone know when and where Kid Nation was filmed? I haven't spent any time digging up info other than what I have read here at Morty's bar and grill.

As far as I know it was filmed in New Mexico, I just don't know what part... I will try to see what I can find on it...

I believe it was filmed in April and May just a few miles outside of Santa Fe. And like I have said before on another thread, the kid "facing off with the bull" isn't really all that impressive. First, it may not have even been a bull. Cows have horns too and there were several of them in there that had long horns. You won't find that many bulls in a herd. Second, when someone takes off running towards one of them, they are going to turn around and run. When there is that much space for the animal to run in, they are going to take it. Cattle aren't confrontational if they don't have to be. Yeah, Colton stopped a few feet from the animal and they looked at each other but the animal never acted as if it was going to charge. It was just waiting to see if he was going to back off or run towards it again. When Colton did, indeed, go towards the animal, it ran off just like the others. There was no "facing off" about it.

It's pretty dang cold there for Apr/May then... Brrr...

Sometimes things are just too flipping obvious, and it is just funny. :cheshire:

Anyone here watch Kid Nation on cbs.com? I usually watch ANTM on Wednewday night, and watch Kid Nation on Thursday on-line. For the past two weeks, the episodes at cbs have been very hard to watch. They're slow, choppy, and just take a long time to show the whole episode. I've tried changing my player, but it's got to be KN, because last week, I watched Survivor at cbs, and there wasn't a problem.

Anyone been having trouble with KN on-line, or know another place to watch it?

I'm sorry I can't help Lala... :(

It may have just been timing on your part. I just put it on and in the first segment had no problems. You may want to try again.

Who in the world is coaching that council?

I would have been first in line for a barby rebellion.

Three weeks of dental health? pffffft.