Sign in to follow this  
Sharonda99

Taylor

Yes, It was a boy who tore down the campaign posters.

Sorry, but it was a girl... :) Her name is Markelle...

I'll take a second look on the TiVo. Maybe it was just a boy doing the pogo stick thing on the poster.

Wow...he/she? sure looked like a boy to me. I'm going to have to go back and

look at the cast pic/bios again. First, I had a hard time figuring out Guylan and

now this one.

I know what you mean... I saw that article and was like what the heck? I just have that to go on though as I don't have it on my DVR...

ETA: Here's another excert from a different article saying it was Markelle that both tore them down and jumped on them with a pogo stick... So that's two articles now...

After the competition, Zach went to Taylor to get paid and Taylor not so politely informs Zach that she has all of the girls' votes so she's going to win. Then the Taylor crew made up posters with Taylor's cute little slogan "Deal with it" on them. While I don't condone destruction of property, I certainly laughed out loud when Markelle (who's not even on the Yellow team) tore her posters down and began jumping up and down on them with his pogo stick.

Ok...post #11 on the general discussion thead, there is a link to TV.com and

it shows Markelle's gender as male. You click on his name and it shows a short

bio. So what is Markelle?????

Edit: Whew! I thought I was losing it.....he is a boy!

LOL Your right... I guess the person writing that article doesn't know... I think CBS would know...

All your comments completely baffle me. My guess is that you don't have any children and are not around them very much. Your comments project a perception that this show is an adult reality show and fans pick a couple of their favorites to cheer, and pick a few to trash, just as they do in the other forums (BB, Suvivor, TAR, etc).

This is a reality show that has a target audience of children (8-13). Each week there are 1-2 themes. We see some good behavior, and we see some bad behavior; all that is very typical for kids in this age range. There is no profiled serial killer or complete dead beat loser. After each episode parents can talk with their children about the show and the choices made during that episode. Kids can discuss with their parents what they thought was good and bad, and what they might have done differently.

There are no bad kids in this show. They all are winners, not just a few. This is the intent show's creaters, not just my opinion. I don't know why this isn't so extremely OBVIOUS.

You seriously need to chill out. You seem to have some kind of emotional tie to this show. If you don't like my comments, then ignore me. I'm not going to stop because you read too much into everything anyone says, and feel the need to rush in to defend her like a superhero.

Yes, they are kids. We know that. You don't need to say that in every post you make as an answer to everything. It's a tv show, and we talk about how they act on the show. This isn't real life. They were taken from their real lives and put in an awkward situation on camera for our amusement. There are no good guys or bad guys, only the way they were. If she is portrayed in a bad light, then maybe she was a brat. Why is that so hard for you to accept?

I could be one of the people(not on here) calling her every name in the book, but I won't. I've heard her called the C word on a podcast about Kid Nation with a kid and her dad hosting. I think that's wrong. I didn't say things like that during BB, and I won't now.

JFETCH Said:

Yes, they are kids. We know that. You don't need to say that in every post you make as an answer to everything. It's a tv show, and we talk about how they act on the show. This isn't real life. They were taken from their real lives and put in an awkward situation on camera for our amusement. There are no good guys or bad guys, only the way they were. If she is portrayed in a bad light, then maybe she was a brat. Why is that so hard for you to accept?

I thought that was actually pretty good. :animated_bouncy:

I liked Taylor at the beginning but that girl needs to get off her butt and do something!!!!!

Ok...post #11 on the general discussion thead, there is a link to TV.com and

it shows Markelle's gender as male. You click on his name and it shows a short

bio. So what is Markelle?????

Looks like a boy to me. But I have seen some tom boys at that age who are very tough to figure out.

I watched the episode again last night, and Guylan is another tough one. People here are saying Guylan is a boy, but his mannerism and speech lean toward feminine in last night's episode. Oddly enough nobody refers to guylan neither as a "he" or a "she", they always use the name Guylan.

I went to TV.com and looked at the entire cast, and I was surprised to see how many of those kids have gotten little attention. I suspect each one will ulitimately get a little bit more, but suspect the show will continue to center around just around the same few kids.

Hey Yana, I just read that quote you posted from the second article, and it actually says (although I had to read it twice to be sure) that Markelle is a boy.

After the competition, Zach went to Taylor to get paid and Taylor not so politely informs Zach that she has all of the girls' votes so she's going to win. Then the Taylor crew made up posters with Taylor's cute little slogan "Deal with it" on them. While I don't condone destruction of property, I certainly laughed out loud when Markelle (who's not even on the Yellow team) tore her posters down and began jumping up and down on them with his pogo stick.

Both Markelle and Guylan are males. It never occured to me that they might be girls, I don't know why there's even a gender mix-up. Perhaps I have a 6th sense or something?

I always thought Markelle was a boy, got confused when they said he was a

girl. Now Guylan was a different story....the first time I saw him I wondered,

I was leanning towards him being a boy....but then I just didn't know for sure.

With the long hair and generic clothing???????? I was a big tomboy at that age,

jeans, t-shirts, and keds.....Heck, I still dress that way.

Yep he is a boy... The first article was wrong...

Jedi, I didn't pay attention to the article after I saw the name, haha, stupid I know, but true... Hey I was mislead LOL...

It's all good... I am more than willing to admit when I'm wrong :)...

I can't wait to see Taylor's attempt at work in the next episode. Wonder how many of the kids will tell her to Deal With It!?

I can see her telling the producer. "I'm going home" and the producers having a big meeting with the head producers saying: "whatever happens, we can't let our #1 star walk out now".... In other words, not matter what happens, she's not going home before the end of the 40 days baring some emergency.

She said she was going home on tonight's episode, but I knew she wouldn't. I agree that editing is a big part of reality shows, but unless there is a huge conspiracy with the crew feeding every single line to the kids, I do not see how anyone can say after tonight's episode that she isn't a spoiled brat. I knew the other kids would be cruel to her, and was proud of DK for stopping it. I agree 100 percent with Zach, she shouldn't get paid at all unless she decides to do work.

And compared to some of the stuff I've seen on other boards and heard other KIDS who are watching this show say, we are being positively angelic towards Taylor here. Even those of us who think she is a spoiled brat. I wonder what her parents are thinking while watching this show. I wonder what her parents friends are thinking while watching this show. Wow what a sense of entitlement and what an incredibly disrespectful little girl.

I do not believe for one nanosecond that it's all "editing".

I have to admit Taylor shows no sign of improving as echo predicted. I agree with his theory, but wow if the producers can edit the rest of the show and make her look good by the end, well I will be impressed.

I do believe we on this board have shown some great restraint. She certainly is deserving of spoiled brat status. What I see is the problem is this. Adults in most cases know when to shut up. Children don't. Children will say the cruelest things. What worries me is what will Taylor have to deal with after Bonanza? When she is 16 and on a date, will someone recognize her and yell out "Deal with it!?" She may never live this down and she has no idea that the way she is acting now could affect her for a good long time. So yes she is spoiled, but she's still a child and I just can't get angry at a child like I can an adult.

Ughhhhhhhhhhh.... I just don't like Taylor now. I could not believe she wanted the vehicles over the fruits&veggies. I am positive if she was on the council, she would have said f&v and then screamed "Deal with it you selfish brats" when people whined. So it was even funnier (laughing at her) when she told Zach (?) that she will never forgive him or whatever she said after the choice was announced.

I'm sure in the end, she will come around and the town will like her but would not believe it's real. She did it to be liked and feels obligated esp. after being outed so many times. While I think obligation and the fear of being an outcast are typical motivators, the other kids are smart enough not to do the things she has. I can see her being the "mean popular girl" at school.

If she was a kid of one of my friends, I'm sure I'd laugh at all the "I'm too good for this or that" comments she makes in a day .....yet she would think I'd be laughing with her and not at her. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if her parents think these little things are funny as well since she is their princess. I've seen parents like that many times. Don't give their kids reality checks.

Taylor, Taylor, Taylor! What can I say?

I have to admit Taylor shows no sign of improving as echo predicted.

Baron, Baron, Baron..... You have so little faith. I am so very right about this, that too doubt me, only makes me smile. :)

I said before, this entire show is about kids learning important life lessons.

There would be absolutely no point in showing Taylor in such a bad light if she didn't later redeem herself. This is the whole flipping point of her being the center of all this. At the very end, Taylor WILL BE that one kid who grew more, benefit most, from this entire experience; it is just so obvious. I am not suggesting the producers made any of this happen, they are telling the story that happened. This is not a live show, they knew the results before the edited the very first episode.

I loved this episode, it was the best so far. I loved every single one of Taylors hissy fits and refusals. She's a great kid who is not afraid to says what she thinks and feels, even if gets her into trouble. It's no big deal, it's all extremely typical of 10 year old girls.

What is this below?

V

V

V

Edited by echo
Sorry echo, I had to edit so it would be more readable... :)

I loved this episode, it was the best so far. I loved every single one of Taylors hissy fits and refusals. She's a great kid who has no is not afraid to says what she things and feels, even if gets her into trouble. It's no big deal, it's all extremely typical of 10 year old girls

From all the talk about this show on and off the board... you definitely seem to be in the minority in your thoughts quoted above. <from people who do have experience with 10 yo kids>

There's not a parent I know that is excited to see a kid act bad just so they can point out how they change. 10 yo's are a lot smarter than it seems you're giving them credit for. They can figure it out on their own. Nor do I think the majority of parents think she is a great kid. I know plenty of brats her age, and none of them would go to her extreme ......in her situation. They would be like her blonde friend and know what's right inside "soon after their bad decision" ....and help out.

I think next week will bring the start of Taylors change... But that's just my opinion... Once she sees she really isn't going to get paid for not working she will change her mind and start busting hump...