Sign in to follow this  
Sharonda99

Taylor

What you are saying is that you would take pleasure in watching a 10 year old suffer, and while you think anything is possible, for the most part this 10 year old is a lost cause and you have no faith she'll ever be anything other than what you perceive her to be on this show.

Man, that is so sad. While I can see how you might perceive that, to sell out any 10 year old to me is just a sad commentary.

You still don't understand what this show is about from a child perspective. bash.gif

So her doing actual work and having consequences for her actions is suffering? Ok then, I guess I want to see her suffer. If by suffering she learns something, then all the better. That's the point of consequences right?

I don't remember saying she was a lost cause. Can you stop putting words in my mouth I never said please? I said I would like to see her turn her attitude around, but I have seen nothing to indicate that is going to happen. I was talking about on the show, not in life.

Oh my gosh. Someone point a gun to my head. :blink:

:death: How about a butcher knife Joa?

Several of you had some great posts. Particularily Echo and Joa. I agree with Echo that Kid Nation is just a TV program and the kids on it are just the characters. We don't know these kids. We know how they are portrayed on the show and that is all. What we see is only a glimpse of their real lives. What if Taylor spends her free time at home helping her mom at some charity or something? That would have to change the way we think of her. Taylor has been placed in an unfamiliar place. She's a leader in a nation of kids on TV. That's a completely different role she has to play from her real life and she's not handling it very well.

So I do not hate Taylor. I think she's interesting to watch. If she ends up cleaning toilets... well I would take some guilty pleasure in watching that. Sometimes we need to suffer a little bit in order to grow as people.

You still don't understand what this show is about from a child perspective.

I am not sure I understand your comment here. What is it we don't understand? I take this to mean those of us that are critical of Taylor are missing some point here; perhaps you can clue us in?

And if we don't understand it from a child perspective, are you saying that you somehow do? I mean, are you a 10 year old pageant queen too? Is that the perspective you're writing from, or are you simply saying, put yourself in their shoes?

Excuse my snarky tone, but I just don't appreciate your condescending tone in the past several posts.

OK Guys, lets keep things on track in here... Let's try to talk about the show without condescending or snaky tones... I don't want to have to clean this thread please :)...

I'll try to behave, Yana, sorry. :)

Thank you Cadet... I try not to interfere too much and let you all have your debates without stepping in as host, but sometimes I have too... I would much rather debate with y'all :)...

So her doing actual work and having consequences for her actions is suffering? Ok then, I guess I want to see her suffer. If by suffering she learns something, then all the better. That's the point of consequences right?

I don't remember saying she was a lost cause. Can you stop putting words in my mouth I never said please? I said I would like to see her turn her attitude around, but I have seen nothing to indicate that is going to happen. I was talking about on the show, not in life.

OK.... thanks for clarifing, the words you chose get to the issue a bit better.

I was paraphrasing my perception of your words.

I watched KN for the first time the other night and I liked it better

than I thought I would. Taylor is a brat! I don't hate her. I think

she's very cute. I think when shes 14 or 15 that she's going to be

a handful for her parents. JMHO

I agree with most.

first off why do all these kids have sores all over their faces and lips? ewwwww

I dont hate Taylor the girl...but i agree that i hate her attitude. Again i blame the parents for creating such a darling.

One also has to realize that there is a difference between a child actor playing a role and a child on a reality show being portrayed as themselves.

I dont think that the editing is far off on this one. As at every council meeting she gets blasted by all the other kids...its not just a few ...like the whole Mike vs Greg thing. All the kids have something negative to say about her ...even her own team members.

I also agree that wanting to see Taylor actually do some work is not seeing her suffering. but actually seeing he do some work! Therefore all the kids who are doing some work around there would be considered to be suffering.

i think the real suffering is to have to use those nasty porto potties for 40days!

It would be nice to see her attitude change and be a productive member of the town. I think she is letting a great opportunity to learn about not only herself but others slip by. Again it was probably not Taylors decision to be there but more her parents to get her some exposure.

I am sure Taylor is not the only bratty 10yr old out there as i am sure there are many brats of various ages....but it doesnt mean that we still have to like that type of behaviour.

ps echo i think would make a great beauty queen no matter what others may think! :cartoon_tinkerbell:

I disagree echo. Calling Taylor a brat or disliking her self absorbed attitude doesn't mean other ADULTS in this forum have little exposure to children. In fact, I expect it's completely the opposite. There are MANY parents in here. And several who work with kids. So jump off the tall pony you're riding and allow others to call it as they see it. Some of us might consider defending her behavior as whacked.

If someone doesn't curb Taylors nasty attitude she's going to wind up sitting in her Diva Pink apartment clutching a bottle of Zoloft staring at a phone that never rings by the time she's twenty.

Wow.... bringing in the big guns. Well, if the hateful comments are coming from parents, or grandparents, or those work directly with children, then shame on them above all others. They should know better than trash talk about little kids in the same way they enjoy doing in other forums such as BB and Survivor. I don't care who they are, how flipping high their post count might be, making mean and snarky comments about little kids is just not cool.

There is a huge difference between disliking a child's behavior and disliking a child, and I shouldn't have to be here pointing that out. That is what I zero in on. I don't have a problem with those who make that separation.

OK Now, everyone is entitled to their opinions... You might not agree with them, but you can't bash them for it...

I have watched all the episode so far and I agree with the majority here. Taylor is a horrible Brat. If anything, you guys have been way too nice. She is a major loser. I don't care how old she is, a loser is a loser. We all have seen girls like her, they only become worse and worse as they get older. When she becomes a teenager she'll just be more of an arrogant snot. When she in her 20s, she'll be one of those people doesn't give a damn about anyone but herself. She doesn't care about anyone right now, and she never will. She is a looser all the way to the bone. She is one of those girls who causes nothing but problems for others.

WOW... I'd totally unload on that one, but I have been put on ultra double secret probation by Dean Wormer and Douglas Niedermeyer :cheshire:

One also has to realize that there is a difference between a child actor playing a role and a child on a reality show being portrayed as themselves.

This can be true, but the kids on Kid Nations are being edited in a manner that they have a very specific role, very much like any regular TV series. A fictional TV series might have a role of a Brat which is played by an actor. In this case, Taylor comments\actions are all edited together so that she is primarily perceived as being extremely one dimensional. What hits the cutting room floor are the moments when she helps out, says nice things to other children, makes mature choices. The assumption some are making is that Taylor has no good qualities, she's just a bad kid; she only does and says bad things, and if given the choice, she will always choose doing bad over doing good. Sure, maybe that is exactly what she is, but if she was exactly the perfect rotten kid, she never would be on this show. They cast her to be the Brat because she has many good\positive qualities that have yet to be shown. My assumption is that she far more than this extremely one dimensional "Brat", and that Sophia is not as mature as 35 year old woman as she is depicted, I bet Sophia has her bad moments, we just don't see those moments because Sophia's role is that of "Maturity" (or something like that). Every single one of these kids got cast because they are talented in some way, on average makes very good decision, make friends easily, and has a maturity that is beyond their age. There no exception, they all are good kids.

The assumption some are making is that Taylor has no good qualities,

This is the assumption you have made not the reality from the replies you are referring to...

first off why do all these kids have sores all over their faces and lips? ewwwww

I noticed that too. It made me have a little more respect for these kids because it does show they are roughing it more than I personally thought. Some of them look like they are on Survivor, if not worse :cheshire: .

I agree... KN and all other Reality shows are all about editing. I'm sure some-

where on the editer's floor is video of Taylor being helpful, and nice. Still, I think

she's being bratty, even if not all the time...there's video to prove it! JMHO

I think she's a very cute little girl. AND I don't hate her...just don't like some of

the stuff that she had done. I'm sure all the kids have had bad moments.

JMHO and I value everyone's!

Don't worry, she'll have some great moment on the show where she learns something life changing and becomes a much better person because of it and blah blah blah. And I'll bet a nickel the majority of you fall for it.

I won't hold my breath SCR. :bump: