Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sharonda99

Taylor

218 posts in this topic

How many of us know Taylors in the adult world? At times, I find this girl hilarious because she is such a little snot, at other times, she grates my nerves. And then I feel sorry for her whenever she cries at the Town Hall meetings, which I'm starting to see is just a ploy to make people pity her and stop yelling at her.

It was funny to me when she was in the saloon and some of the other kids were bashing her b/c she was "taking shots" instead of working. Is this indicative of her future :animated_scratchchin: ? These kids crack me up with how grown they are, but at the same time, it's kind of sad that they would even know what "taking shots" means.

This show is really starting to get to me... I like the show... The more I watch it, the more I like it... To me it shows the world how we should be... I mean take the religious factor on tonights episode... We got to see a part of what had to be a different religion than most of us know about, and what did we see? Yes some of what we saw was the same things we see in everyday life of people not wanting to be open minded and therefore saying no thanks I don't want to have a service with someone that isn't my same religion, but the final shot was great... I can't remember if it was them all praying together or the little Hindu child doing his own service and the other two asking him about it and in a way embracing it... One of the girls was willing to be shown and to me that's what this world needs more of... I don't care what you believe as a religion, I just want to learn more about you and your lifestyle...

Taylor's parents must be really proud. At least next episode they are having elections. I like to see Zach in charge of yellow.

Taylor's parents must be really proud.

I agee. For a 10 year old she is pretty bright. Like all 10 year olds, she's got a come growing up to do, but that is what 10 year old kids do for the next 10+ years.

Funny, I thought he was being sarcastic since she's such a brat.

rude awakening when she gets voted off the council i'm sure

I don't care what you believe as a religion, I just want to learn more about you and your lifestyle...

Couldn't have said it better Yana. That's one of the good things about these different reality shows like The Real World, Survivor and any of these other "social projects". You are thrown into the mix with all kinds of people that you might not ever be exposed to in your everyday life. You can take something positive away from it or not, but it's up to you.

8:41: Taylor is not in the kitchen doing her job, because she is doing shots in the saloon. She is the best. She is sitting with Leila (9-NC), who is seriously wearing a coat with leopard fur trim. Everyone comes to yell at Taylor and she just laughs. Love her. She is going to make her husbands so happy until they get fed up and divorce her. I have one word for the ten-year-old boys out there: pre-nup.

8:48: Town Meeting: Taylor gets another ripping from the town, and even host Jonathan Karsh tells her that she either has a very tough skin or she just doesn't listen. She just shrugs and says she doesn't really care. Maybe a pre-nup is not enough. I have a new word for the ten-year-olds out there: vasectomy...FROM THE HUFFINGTON POST

Enough said.....

Every reality TV show has their villians . . . the people you love to hate. Most recently I hated Evil Dick from Big Brother. Now I hate a 10 year old girl. Some of you will think I'm a horrible person for hating a 10 year old girl. DEAL WITH IT.

The sad thing is... Dick is Dick because he's old enough (notice I didn't say mature) to know better. Taylor is a product of her parent's upbringing. I don't hate her. I pity her.

I pity the kids who have to live with her. They're the ones suffering the most from her "upbringing".

I blame the parents for Taylor's actions. She probably gets everything she wants and does nothing in return.

I am sure her parents just put her on this show for exposure.

She is a little brat..plain and simple. It has nothing to do with her age. Look at some of the other kids who's age is the same. They are not actiing like this spoiled rotten kid. My niece and nephew never acted like this. They had their moments but nothing a time out or a swat on the butt did not correct quickly.

I just hope her parents are watching this and will make this little devil into a little angel.

I pity the people here, or any adult, who writes off any 10 year old as a lost cause. No body has directly used those terms because it would be politically incorrect to call a 10 year girl the things they think about her, which are the same things they think about Dick and\or Daniele. Those who clearly dislike her dwell on everything they don't like about her and their posts reek with with hope that she grows up to be a miserable and dysfunctional adult. I pity those adults who view kids like that, and ideally, they have little contact with children.

Meh, she's a rotten little brat. I think she's gonna get schooled come re-election time. She's been taken to task on a number of occasions by her own peers and has had no positive attitude adjustment. Maybe being knocked off the Town Council will knock her off her high horse.

Does this mean I think she's irredeemably and hopelessly lost? Nah... but she sure is a pain in the arse in the time being, no doubt about it!

Space, are you serious?? Unless she's one every pageant, she's used to losing. I think she handled the angry mob quite well...almost Zach-like in her mocking laughter.

I find Taylor entertaining.

Francis... I'll let you in on a little secret... she reminds me of my best friend when we were kids... she had that same little sense of bratty self entitlement on occasion, so she makes my teeth itch. I think that's why it bothers me so much... it's the whole, I will not get up and help out in the kitchen, and if you don't like it, starve.

I dont wish Taylor to grow up to be some mega beeeaaatch.

I hope that her parents view her for what she is on this show...a little selfish brat.

It would be interesting to see in 20ys what Taylor thinks of her behavior.

I know editing can make a person seem one dimensional but the camera only sees whats put out there. They have showed Greg in a not so brilliant light but has also shown him as a hard worker and a support to his team.

Taylor unfortunatley thinks of no one but herself. Even in the council meetings when her peers are calling her on the carpet she can do nothing but shrug and laugh at them. I think deep down Taylor knows just what a brat she can be and enjoys it.

I pity the people here, or any adult, who writes off any 10 year old as a lost cause. No body has directly used those terms because it would be politically incorrect to call a 10 year girl the things they think about her, which are the same things they think about Dick and\or Daniele.

.....................or, they haven't used the term directly because not everyone who dislikes her thinks she has no chance in redeeming herself tomorrow or as an adult. Seems like you're taking the fact we are breaking down the show, as this forum is intended, and its characters too seriously. ...................and the fact people did the same thing about D&D. So what? It would quit if the threads stopped but as long as someone continues a thread, wants to talk about big brother, or creates a new thread... you can't expect only the supporters to post.

I wouldn't come to a forum if it everyone had the same opinion. Do I think the continuous banter and repetitive posts are ridiculous? Absolutely... but people are hanging on to topics because they enjoyed or hated characters so much ...and don't want it to end. They have every right (on either side of the love/hate).

Sure she's a young cute girl, but her parents chose to put her on the show where ANY normal person would know she may be severely criticized [which I don't think anything on this thread is extreme or unexpected]. So you're positive about her outcome in the future... great! <claps> .......but that doesn't mean she's not a brat that people can't cheer on the fact she got slammed down in public/a meeting.

Most of these reality shows wouldn't make it if there wasn't someone annoying, you hated, or wanted to find in an alley alone one night.

I really hope her parents are embarrassed. I grew up with parents who don't tolerate that behavior, so when it happens and is corrected as it was at the council, the kid changes ESP knowing their parents are watching. She obviously gets away with that sort of stuff which is why she felt the need to continue on the following week. The point is... we are analyzing each episode which would indeed included Taylor. If I feel like saying she needs a good spankin (or whatever blows my horn), it's not because I lack experience with kids her age or that I do not have children of my own... it's because we're calling it as it is. It's these real life comments that wake people like her parents UP. As a conservative strict parent myself, I do not have a "be free... you're only 10" attitude when it comes to the behavior of children.

I think it's funny that everyone is comparing her to Dick as the villain of the show. I think she's more like a little Jen. She only thinks about herself, and doesn't do any work.

Not everyone saw Dick as the villain on BB. In fact he wasn't even portrayed that way. It's all in what you see, and who you connect with on the show.

Taylor is being is portrayed as the reality TV role of "The Brat".

Each child on the show has a role which has been created through editing for the purpose of creating a TV series. The kids with the mature roles are shown as near perfect, often shown as far more mature\wiser than their age. This is no more realistic than Taylor being a complete brat as her TV portrayal suggests. They all become caricatures of themselves, so sure, there is some truth to it. What I see happening here people seem to love hating her, just like they enjoyed hating Dick. Feeding off hate for a 10 year old is just a bit wacko where I come from.

I seriously doubt that there is anyone on this board that actually hates Taylor, the person. Nobody even knows her. I do believe that there are several people that hate Taylor, the character. I feel as though it is okay to hate a character, no matter what age they are. Yes, the things that are being shown are things that she is actually doing, but, as everyone knows, there is so much that gets left out because of editing. Like you said, echo, the producers have chosen to portray her in this way. This portrayal is what people don't like.

Regardless of editing, they can only show the things you actually did and said. The fact that a lot of the other kids are also talking about her being that way, then one can assume she really was that way.

I don't hate Taylor, but I do hate her attitude. Yes, I would like to see her have to scrub toilets and get kicked off the council, but I don't wish her any harm or anything. I would love nothing more than for her to completely turn around her attitude and become a helpful member of the town, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Well Rabbit, I like what you wrote, how you described the show is fairly close to how I see it. It is not all that much different between a child actor and the fictional character that child plays on a TV series. Most people can make the clear reality vs fiction separation when talking about a fictional character or the actor, and not trash the child actor for behavior of the character.

That "hate" comments I have read here are not demonstrating they see a difference between Taylor "the character" and Taylor the "10 year old girl" much like the stories "evil" Soap stars report about being verbal attacked by soap fans who think that Actor is has all the same evil qualities as the character they play.

If these weren't children, I could care less about all the trash talk. When it comes to trashing little kids, it just really bugs me because they are kids. Yeah, I know it is all part of the fun and culture of coming here to Morty's, little kids or not, there is the perception it's all fair game for trash talk. I'll concede, the trashing hasn't been too bad, but I still believe it is in bad taste to verbally piss on little kids.

I don't hate Taylor, but I do hate her attitude. Yes, I would like to see her have to scrub toilets and get kicked off the council, but I don't wish her any harm or anything. I would love nothing more than for her to completely turn around her attitude and become a helpful member of the town, but I doubt that's going to happen.

What you are saying is that you would take pleasure in watching a 10 year old suffer, and while you think anything is possible, for the most part this 10 year old is a lost cause and you have no faith she'll ever be anything other than what you perceive her to be on this show.

Man, that is so sad. While I can see how you might perceive that, to sell out any 10 year old to me is just a sad commentary.

You still don't understand what this show is about from a child perspective. :bash: