Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sharonda99

Episode #4: Bless Us And Keep Us Safe

24 posts in this topic

How precious was it that Cody, the 9 year old, wanted to go home because he missed his "girlfriend". First of all, what does a 9 year old know about a girlfriend? :animated_rotfl:

It was cute when he went to the saloon to have a root beer to take his mind off of her. I giggled out loud over that one! :food-smiley-005:

I loved this episode... It showed that they all really did care about each other... My 8 year old grandson has a "girlfriend" and to him it means that he don't play with any other little girls on the play ground at school... LOL It's really cute...

It was cute when he went to the saloon to have a root beer to take his mind off of her. I giggled out loud over that one!

Damn you beat me to it. I was laughing my ass off. Kinda scary though. Think he's gonna have a drinking problem someday.

Darn. I missed the episode. Anyone know where I can find a full episode of it?

It should be up on the cbs site tomorrow...

Think he's gonna have a drinking problem someday.

Let's hope not!

This kinda goes back to what I was saying on the Taylor thread. It's cute and funny now when they talk about 'having a drink' or 'taking shots' but like you said, this could be a potential issue down the rode and that's what sad I think, about seeing young ones grow up. Being adults, we know what can happen if you take the wrong road. Maybe that's reading too much into this episode, but who knows where or what these kids will be doing 5-10 years down the road?

this could be a potential issue down the rode and that's what sad

My parents grew up playing cowboys and Indians with guns and bows and arrows. I grew up with light sabers and laser pistols. Neither my parents nor I ever had a problem with violence. Just because kids mimic adult behavior or things they see on TV does not mean the are going to grow up and have a problem. It is usually parental example and peer pressure that turn kids onto a wrong path, not active imaginations.

Fuskie

Who was more concerned by some of the comments of religious intolerance, which is learned behavior...

I kind of feel like the council was set up for failure on the religious ceremony thing by the "old book".

The whole, let's bring the religion issue into things and see what sort of controversy we can stir up seemed really contrived to me. There didn't seem like any need whatsoever for this plotline. I thought that many of the kids handled it with better grace than some adults I know. I was so impressed with little Alex! What a well-informed and polite young man... and only 9 years old! That kid knows more about religion than most people three or four times his age. Cute as a button, too.

This show is really growing on me, and the kids are doing an admirable job. And I.HEART.JARED. All of his kooky little sayings and quotable quotes always get me. I tune in every episode wondering what new quirky thing he has to say this week. The kid is absolutely adorable!!!

I.HEART.JARED. All of his kooky little sayings and quotable quotes always get me. I tune in every episode wondering what new quirky thing he has to say this week. The kid is absolutely adorable!!!

I absolutely agree with you about him... He's just the cutest thing...

Think he's gonna have a drinking problem someday

Cause he likes root beer?? I think the saloon is the only place you can just sit down, the fact that you can have a drink is secondary. if they had the golf course, I bet Cody would have been out there, too. Would that mean he's going to be the next Tiger? (not picking, it's just the third time I've read where people are equating the saloon with a rel bar)

i think the religious book deal was a bit staged, as well. Of course, the kids may be getting bored and reading is entertaining. Do I think this will start a religious war, fight or bickering session? Nope. Do I think it will expand anyone's mind? not really. Everyone seems pretty open to new ideas; thus, they're on the show.

I know it has a lot to do with editing but has anyone else noticed that the things that happen because of the old journal never seem to carry over from one episode to the next? I haven't seen anymore about the chickens (other than maybe a little gold star talk) or the curfew.

My parents grew up playing cowboys and Indians with guns and bows and arrows. I grew up with light sabers and laser pistols. Neither my parents nor I ever had a problem with violence.
The difference between playing "guns" and playing mock-drinking games is that alchohol can be addictive. When these kids decide to play their little games for real, with real beer and real liquor, it can lead to an addiction.
Cause he likes root beer?? I think the saloon is the only place you can just sit down, the fact that you can have a drink is secondary.
Its not that he just likes root beer. He's using the drink as a way to mask his heartache. When ever you use a treat to soothe something bad, you are just masking the issue. Give a cookie to your child every time he falls down? You could be leading the way to obesity. When this boy has his first drink, he may find the achohol is an even better mood changer than sugar. That may lead to dependence and achoholism.I know we are looking at everything on the show with a magnifying glass and I'm the first person to hand my kid a cookie, so I'm not judging. I just thought it was both comical and a little worrying that he did turn to drinking his girlfriend out of his mind.
I know it has a lot to do with editing but has anyone else noticed that the things that happen because of the old journal never seem to carry over from one episode to the next? I haven't seen anymore about the chickens (other than maybe a little gold star talk) or the curfew.
Yes I noticed, and I hate the adult interference with the show. I agree the religion thing did not need to be brought up.

The difference between playing "guns" and playing mock-drinking games is that alchohol can be addictive. When these kids decide to play their little games for real, with real beer and real liquor, it can lead to an addiction.

Trust me guns can be an addictive too, and they CAN be deadly to more than just the person using them...

I think ye olde tyme journal is so contrived... every issue raised in it has had no continuity throughout the episodes. Again, this may largely be due to editing. When they did bust it open for the first time my eyes rolled so hard they almost got stuck in the back of my head, though. ;)

Actually, now that I think about it... I think the curfew has actually been brought up in back to back episodes, just not highlighted. But no mention of the chickens since the infamous, to kill or not to kill episode.

Trust me guns can be an addictive too, and they CAN be deadly to more than just the person using them...

Violence maybe... guns no.

Violence maybe... guns no.

Tell that to my brother who buys a gun once a month... He's done this every since he was old enough and made enough money he could spend it... He has about 400 or so now, and you don't call that an addiction? The doctor does... My brother isn't violent in any way though, he just likes his guns...

No I don't call that an addiction to guns. Maybe he's addicted to the power he feels in owning so many weapons? I don't know. I used to collect beer cans. I had over 1000 of them, then one day I gave them away. I was not addicted to them.

That's funny cause his doctor calls it an addiction and has tried to get him to go for help...

And doctors are always right?

People can get addicted to anything, but you have to look at the underlying reason. For instance, gambling can be addictive, but it sin't really the gambling that is the addictive part, its the prospect of winning. You can give a gambler a computer game that simulates real gambling and they will quickly grow bored with it.

So I don't know your brother, but I do not beleive that guns are any more addictive than stamps or coins.

I finally watched KN the other night....it was very good, better than I

thought it would be. Some of the kids were bratty, like kids will be.

Some were lazy. The little boy that went home because he missed his

family and girlfriend...was so cute! Alittle young for a girlfriend though.

The one little girl Taylor, I think.....what a BRAT, she's going to be

a handful for her parents when she 14 or 15. JMHO

Edit: BRAT

Sorry baron....I'll edit it to brat.lol

She just rubbed me the wrong way....I know, she's only 10. When I was in the

2nd grade a girl very much like her tormented me to no end....she was the teacher's

pet and she got away with bullying who ever she wanted. That was many moons ago

and I still remember it like it was yesterday. So I vented on Taylor!!!