Final BB8 competition analysis

spacecadet

From the way I understood the article, because of the layout of the walls and mirrors, anyone sitting where Zach was did not have the same reflection angles as the person in the other seat.

i am not talking about mirror trickery. i was just saying that if BB set it up to cheat, it could have been to either persons favor. I just think its odd that nobody points out the possibility that it zach could cheat (if in fact there was any cheating.. which i believe there was not)

anyways..

nobody has any REAL proof. this guy and his analysis showed no proof actual proof of dick cheating. did it cause speculations? yes. a lot of people took this guys word as proof that cheating occured. i will say he did do a good job putting it all together... he is just missing one thing. and that would be the proof. proof that actually shows dick cheating. not dick looking off into space. not dick putting his answer up 2 seconds after zach (i said this before, since dick's cards were stacked, it took him longer to get his out vs. it was faster for zach to put his card up.. zach who had them side by side.) or dick simply took longer to think.. but there is no proof that he saw zach's cards.

before every comp, they have stand ins go and test for lighting and for cheating and whatnot. that is probably why they blacked out the mirror right behind them. they have had the final comp part 3 in the living room for how many seasons? yet nobody has been accused of cheating until now. :animated_scratchchin:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is for some it seems all for the sake of arguing,I do not believe it, not one iota, that is what I myself feel, and the subject is also closed for me

Hope you don't mind JEDI... cleaned up for ya.

Posts have been deleted and/or edited.

We are talking about an analysis of the final competition between Dick and Zach. Other topics need to be discussed in their appropriate thread. If you don't find an appropriate thread for a subject you wish to discuss... then please feel free to make a new thread.

JEDI, CeCi, whoever:

Personally, I think it's impossible to keep this thread theoretical...hoping that the discussion of whether Dick COULD have cheated not turn into a discussion of whether Dick DID cheat, and a discussion of personal feelings about Dick---I think that might be impossible here, particularly given the passionate climate surrounding the very mention of Dick's name.

JMO.

Ok a lot of us have told you reasons why we don't believe this guys presentation of what he believes. Those that disagree are having to do all the work.

Can anyone explain to me what parts they believe about it and why? Is it the eye movements that give it credibility? A mirror? Give reasons. What proof do you see in that person's presentation. That would make a better discussion.

Thank you

thats the thing marty, if someone agrees with this guys theories... all they have to do is agree and/or repeat what he has said. he has done the work for them. its the people that disagree that must do their own work and come up with things to say on their own...

After much thought, I've decided that it's time to close this thread permanently.

It kind of goes against my beliefs in the Freedom of Speech, but five days is reasonably long enough for everyone interested to have had time to share their thoughts on the matter.

My apologies to anyone who had more to say about it.

Obviously, just as it has been all season-long, anything in which Dick is concerned brings on strong emotions and the inevitable polarized fighting that goes along with it. It's a shame that we are not all able to distance ourselves from our emotions enough to discuss matters calmly and peacefully, and have a discussion about a specific thing without bringing everything else into it.

In fact, at times it almost seemed to me (like early on when the thread was derailed and hijacked) that people were purposefully trying to raise the level of drama in order to get this thread shut down. But surely, never at Morty's!

I have learned much about the group dynamic here, throughout this week.

A dscussion in a classroom or courtroom is different than a discussion in a barracks, bar or the ladies' room, obviously.

Perhaps one of the problems in this thread is that some people were treating it more like one of the former, and others more like one of the latter. When you get this many people together, you will always have different points of view.

So we leave the question just as it was, doomed from the start to, in all likelihood, never have a definitive answer.

We are all free to make up our own minds about it.

We just aren't free to keep talking about it in this thread.

Archived