Is Big Brother Rigged?

yadayadayada

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't think "America*" chose Dick. But then again, I also think Clay Aiken won American Idol and Al Gore should have been President.

IMO, there were too many fingers in the pie. After the AllStar suck-fest, BB (and Alison) needed a story to draw viewers and that story HAD to work. For the last two seasons after the "star of the show", Janelle, was booted, ratings tanked, TANKED. This was a way to make sure the "star of the show" got the prize.

I can't say Dick won anything, he was chosen to be the final houseguest.

I dislike Jerry Springer show. Don't know Jerry Springer so no opinion about him.

I highly doubt the comment about "white trash" is worth a response so none will be given.

There are all segments of our society who either like or hate Dick. Geez, I even know a few "educated" people who love the guy. :animated_scratchchin:

I still don't think "America*" chose Dick. But then again, I also think Clay Aiken won American Idol and Al Gore should have been President.

IMO, there were too many fingers in the pie. After the AllStar suck-fest, BB (and Alison) needed a story to draw viewers and that story HAD to work. For the last two seasons after the "star of the show", Janelle, was booted, ratings tanked, TANKED. This was a way to make sure the "star of the show" got the prize.

I can't say Dick won anything, he was chosen to be the final houseguest.

Well said!!!

And as for there being many reasons that America Liked Dickless, There are many reasons not too as well and they were dropped on the cutting room floor IMO

The game was rigged for the Donatos to win -- there are so many ways the producers set this up for ratings, it's hard to list them all. Here's a few:

America's player was just one more way for the producers to control the game and the outcome, nothing more. Ratings, ratings, ratings.

Allowing a father and daughter team (anyone else find it funny that they signed up for bb6 together -- and were turned down -- exactly 2 years ago (exactly how long they'd supposedly not been talking to each other), and we know they were talking before the show -- come on). And even if they were 'estranged', blood is thick and they had an vast advantage over any one else in that house (someone they knew they could trust, a guaranteed alliance thick and thin, two playing for one). Add in all the help from the producers, and a Donato was sure to win.

Influence from bb to the other players in the diary room -- can't deny this one.

Giving Dick a free pass on admitted cheating (hey, in any game a foul play is a foul play whether it allowed the other team to score or not). And sorry, but until I see the blue ball tape, I ain't buying the 'Dick passes the blame' rage he had later -- common way to shift the blame from yourself. Funny that his finger-pointing with the blue ball started well after the comp, not right away, and began shortly AFTER numerous visits to the DR. I think he already had his free pass in hand at that point, and knew it. Why not show the tape if it bounced into the tube (and tell me, what are the chances of that happening?). Leaves a lot of questions as to why they held it back.

How about all the possible cheating that Dick may have done and not admitted on tape? A cheater is a cheater, afterall. Cheaters usually grasp at any chance to cheat for advantage they can, not just one.

Allowing Dick to act as King of the house and do what ever he pleases, to whomever he pleases -- including assaulting and abusing other hgs with his verbal vomit to the point that it was sickening -- and yes, abusive.

Making threats about other hgs that include rape and death, and being permitted to do so. *Dick waves his free pass*

Attacking people's religion and sexual preference, and being permitted to do so. Even admitting later that he backs up everything he said. *still waving pass*

Editing Dick on the shows to be made out better than the actual ass he is. Just one example -- after the first final HOH, showing Zach peeking in the round room as if he's spying on the Donato's conversation when the live feeds show that Daniele had already left the room and Zach was simply checking on Dick.

Even the last final comp is *questionable* in my mind (ooo -- this one's going to stir up some angry smilies). It's a room full of mirrors for goodness sake -- you can see them everywhere on the video, all around the room. Why not have a partition on the other side of them instead of just between them? Notice after Dick wins the first question, his eyes shift to the right for every question that follows, and then he answers only after Zach has answered? This last one I'm not certain of and no one can prove it one way or the other, but the whole set-up of that comp looks shifty to me -- particularly Dick's eyes, waiting to answer, and all the mirrors. But hey, that's my opinion. Hard not to lean in that direction considering everything else that went down by the producers. With so much handed to Dick throughout the game, I wouldn't doubt it for a moment if he got a free pass on this one too.

I'm sure there's more -- I'll let others fill in anything I may have missed.

Whether some of you agree or not doesn't matter to me. In my eyes, there's so much, so many things that point to the outcome having been controlled, it's blind not to see it. Far too much to sweep under the big brother carpet. Far too much to believe Dick deserved or earned the win.

I'm hoping some truths come out at a later time about everything that went down. I wasted my summer on this soap-opera season, and won't be bothered with the next. There are plenty of other reality shows to pick from -- edited for entertainment maybe, but not with a pre-set outcome.

btw -- if any of the variables in the game had changed, it wouldn't have mattered -- don't think for one second that the producers wouldn't have found a way to keep Dick there. Ratings, people -- it's all that matters. The Donatos, particularly Dick, were chosen to win from the get go. What a waste.

btw -- if any of the variables in the game had changed, it wouldn't have mattered -- don't think for one second that the producers wouldn't have found a way to keep Dick there. Ratings, people -- it's all that matters. The Donatos, particularly Dick, were chosen to win from the get go. What a waste.

I don't think for a minute the game was rigged. Nope no way.

Anything could have happened at any moment to change the game.

Do you think the producers told Dustin to put himself on the block? Dick was a goner with any other senario.

I think conspiracy in my book is just stinkin thinkin.

I don't watch much reality tv so I don't know if things are rigged or not. I don't feel BB 8 was rigged. The show sure gave me hours of entertainment this summer and I'm pleased with the outcome.

Attacking people's religion and sexual preference, and being permitted to do so. Even admitting later that he backs up everything he said. *still waving pass*

I agree with most of you post and it was very well written. However I think the above should be allowed, i dont like it at all but I dont think it should be cause for being kicked off. It does sadden me that people seemed to ignore his attacks on religion and homosexuality, especially when the media was all over Amber for her remarks. Both are disgusting comments. But hey even BB themselves mocked Jameka and her religious beliefs. They never once did that with Kaysar

KAysar was the original golden boy. I remember how much time they spent on him. But then he proved all bark and no bite and Janelle became #1.

I don't think it's so much of a "rigged" season, as it was a season of advantages given to one person or a set of people in the house.

Eric had his advantages given to him, through knowing what America's choice was, and being able to infer things from that information. Of course, America wasn't always on his side, so that didn't always work. He also had disadvantages, because he had to cover things up that he did as AP.

Jessica had an advantage in that she chose the AP as her partner, and when Eric chose to align with Dick and Daniele, America protected him and his partner. However, they also attacked her as his partner (with the silent treatment) when he didn't do as America wanted, so it was a two-way street.

The pairs who knew each other from home could have had an advantage, if they worked together, but they chose not to do so. Of course, that could have been a disadvantage, as well, for them. I think in Joe's case, it was a disadvantage, and probably in Carol's case, because people tended to pick one side or the other, and eliminated the one they didn't trust.

Dick and Daniele had the greatest advantage, because they weren't actually enemies, and communicated ahead of time to work together (and I saw them talk about it and admit it). Plus, unlike the other enemy pairs, they were father and daughter, and would not vote against each other. Even Daniele said she would never vote against her Dad (during a DR, I think). This advantage is different than the Cowboy/Nakomis blood relation, as those two were strangers and didn't have a connection at all.

I do think that the storylines that BB contrived were geared toward portraying Dick and Daniele in a good light, which they didn't always deserve. This caused America to side with them (along with Dick's entertainment factor). So, that was a definite advantage. Also, it's possible that production could have swayed people in the DR as to their votes, but the houseguests still had the final decision. The biggest problem I have with this year is that the AP twist was dependent on America's viewpoint, but America's viewpoint was often formed because of the edits that BB chose to make with the characters in the house.

good points Cat, but I still think it was rigged to have the outcome it did to insure more viewers in the end.

Man I love conspiracy theories and the evil side of me loves to feed into the paranoia.

I mean, I think Dick is really a government agent of some kind and the reason he won was 100% a government setup to get him famous as a average person. Com'on. Dick really winning BB8? There is no way in hell that could happen unless it was a government setup.

His whole A-hole personality is just a cover to throw people off. Now that he has won, he will be able rub elbows with the rich and famous, and get inside political campaigns.

When it comes to money, he now has a endless supple. 500K? No, he'll be able to spend millions of the government money setting up false businesses. Who is going to track his money? Nobody, and if anyone questions how he does so much measly 500K, he can explain it away as having invested extremely well, turn 500k into 10s of millions.

His traveling and spying will be just perceived pretty that of aging rock star traveling the world. :cheshire:

Jen pretty much let the cat out of bag on Big Brother...She herself said that the producers were feeding her lines, and that they were pushing ED to be even meaner than he was...BBUnited Kingdom has been cancelled for numerous reasons, one of those is suspected rigging of the Challenges, another, more public reason mentioned, was that its racially motivated talk and actions were not acceptable. These people are paid actors (now I realize that some of them are not, have you not ever heard of peppering the pot), just look at the so-called jobs they have, most are actors or in the business someway. Eric was even a script writer for the WWE, another so called reality show.....

I wouldn't believe anything that came out of Jen's mouth. She seemed very bitter in her exit interview.jmo

Archived