Is Big Brother Rigged?

yadayadayada

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the new Exec. Producer has decided that her "storylines" are more important than the reality of what goes on in the house every day. So, she manufactures her storylines to fit the persona she has given each person. I think that she wanted to keep Daniele and Dick around, because of their storylines. I think that they wanted the "fairytale ending" of Dick and Daniele in the finals, if possible, and I think they did everything in their power to manipulate the show to that end.

I don't believe that the competitions themselves were rigged. I do think that there are possibilities to cheat in the game that were not watched carefully enough by the BB staff. For instance, the proven fact that Dick and his son cheated through a coded letter this year. I think that BB should be a lot more careful in the future about ways that contestants can cheat.

I believe that America's player was really Big Brother's player. I believe that no matter what, if there was a way to use Eric to keep Dick and Daniele in the game, BB would use the question they asked that week to do it. I believe it was cheating on BB's part not to let Eric use his POV. As Fizzle said, there was plenty of time for BB to have us vote, even if they gave us notice online, or put a little message at the bottom of a commercial for BB, that the question for the week had changed, and now that Eric won the POV, we are voting for that, instead. Heck, BB even abandoned one AP task, as far as I can tell (have Eric continually kiss up to one contestant to stay in the game), and I never saw anyone explain that (Please correct me if I'm wrong, and you've seen the explanation). So, they could certainly have us vote, if they wanted to do so. I do believe that they told Eric he couldn't use it, because it didn't matter--even if every person who disliked Dick and Daniele voted over and over and cheated and cleared their cookies and voted again, or spent hundreds on text messages, BB would have made sure that Daniele didn't get on the block. Therefore, they just told Eric he couldn't use it. That's my opinion.

I also think that the DR sessions are used to give some players info that others don't get. I guess it depends on their handlers, too. Dick and Daniele often knew about comps happening at midnight and things like that, when others didn't know about it, and even went to sleep that night thinking the comp wouldn't happen that night.

The proof is there is no proof that is was rigged.

I am just curious if you say this because the player(s) you preferred won the game. Should someone else (hypothetically) have won the game, would you have cried foul?

To me there have been plenty of instances throughout this season that have pointed towards a producer bias in the game. If that's not rigging, I don't know what is!

I've read this thread and the final HOH comp thread, and plenty of us have come up with credible arguments as to why we feel this season has been tainted. Every single discussion has eventually devolved into a tribute thread to Dick. The fanaticism shown by some members of this board towards certain houseguests is truly astonishing.

As to showing the "proof" that the game was rigged... read our posts. Like I said, we've had many discussions as to why we believe the game was rigged. You don't invalidate our arguments simply by saying "show me the proof."

For instance, the proven fact that Dick and his son cheated through a coded letter this year.

First off it's been proven they tried to cheat maybe, but Dick got the code wrong, so there was not actual cheating, just a try at it...

OK that is all your I think........ I think I think

What proof has ever ever come out that the producers rigged the game? Has one person come forward to say they messed with the voting? Has one HG said they were strong armed to do this or that? (you know the would if it were true) Just suggestions in the DR are not cause to say rigging.

What proof is there that Dick cheated. His laughing about a plan that he and Vincent had worked on for signals. Did any thing become of that? Was there a message in that letter? No

Not one person from CBS or whoever counts the votes has come forward. Not one.

Because you don't like a house guest does not mean that is cause to think the game is RIGGED.

I am just curious if you say this because the player(s) you preferred won the game.

No matter who won the game I do not think the game was rigged. My common sense and reality of the game had nothing to so with who won the game.

Has one HG said they were strong armed to do this or that?

Isn't that what the interview with Jessica that Mendes posted on page 8 spoke about?

Link: http://www.sillyhamsters.com/blog/archives...ruction_of.html

Partial quote

Jessica - Well *big pause*, um I'm gonna, on the chat we had earlier, Eric explained he wasn't allowed to use the veto that week. The producers said that America wasn't given enough time to decide who he should use it on if he was going to so that just flat out told him he is not allowed to use the veto at all - nominations had to stay the same. Which is why Eric didn't use the veto. I think that's because they knew if he used the veto I was going to put up one of the Donatos, Dick or Daniele, and so they just said you know you can't do it. I didn't know it at the time. I said, 'What? What is going through your head? This is the perfect opportunity to get one of the big dogs out of here' and he wouldn't do it but I went along with him because I had to. He had the power that week. He was my ally. I....

Jessica - Exactly. And they would threaten Eric if he failed a task they would say 'If you fail one more task, the next question's going to be should Eric be able to stay in the game'. And so um and then America would vote him out if they wanted him gone. He would just be kicked out of the house in the middle of the game so Eric really had to try on the America things and I just I don't know. I wasn't happy with it whenever I found everything out.

Isn't that what the interview with Jessica that Mendes posted on page 8 spoke about?

Oh come on.

We are not talking about Eric and the fact that he had to play by the Big Brother rules.

Because Jessica thought Eric was bullied does not mean the houseguests were strong armed.

Last I checked bullied and strong-armed were synonymous.

I also recall an incident when Jen was extremely annoyed at the DR because they kept trying to get her to do something and she kept telling them, no, she was going to vote a certain way and they persisted in harrassing her about it to the point where she was getting very angry. I can't remember which week and which vote, but they were giving her warnings left and right.

Eric explained he had to follow the rules?

Which rules are you referring to, exactly? Where is it written in the rulebooks that if you use the veto you would be kicked off the show?

That was the week Eric and Dick were on the block. She said the DR had tried to get her to change her mind (which she did her fault for that, but the DR did it) At first when she was talkin to Amber and Dustin she said someone had been trying to get her to change her mind, then the DR came over and said not to talk about DR sessions and Jen said "Yeah because it was you guys who did it!!"

First off it's been proven they tried to cheat maybe, but Dick got the code wrong, so there was not actual cheating, just a try at it...

Doesnt matter if he got the code wrong. he conspired to cheat and nothing was done. Jen's eating did not help her in the game yet a penalty was given. Give a penalty to one for cheating you give it to another, unless of course that other is the chosen one. Just one more piece of proof that leads me to believe this game was rigged

And i remember Jen being raked over the coals for ruinging the integrity of the game (dick and his fans being among those who did so) Aw the irony and hypocricy (not saying all dick fans were upset over her cheating and him not but some)

That was the week that Jen took Dick's cigs... That's why she said she ate, but if I remember correctly all of you all that are screaming about Dick cheating were saying it was only the right thing for Jen to do that week, or not saying anything at all, because you all know she was wrong for doing it... Just like Dick was wrong for TRYING to cheat... See the difference? He only tried, she did it...

She ate because she was sick of the blantant favortism of Dick. And yes I was happy she ate, but I also didnt cry foul when she was given a penalty, because she did break the rules. Dick broke the rules (wether it helped him or not) and nothing was done

If you are caught copying the answers to the person next to you in class, and they have all the answers wrong you are still in trouble for cheating

No, Yana, it was the week that Talker cited.

Here's an example on cheating that I wondered about that seems to me to be similar to the Dick situation...

Say I am going in to take an exam. I prepare a cheat sheet for the test, but I put the wrong information on it and I end up taking it into an exam in a different subject entirely. I get caught with the cheat sheet. Am I any less wrong for trying to cheat on the exam, just because the information is no use to me in that specific instance?

The point is, when it comes to Dick Donato, the man conspired to cheat, and there were no consequences. He admitted it, Vincent admitted it. So what if he didn't end up benefitting from it AT THE TIME he received the letter.

As for the Jen situation that you are talking about... she chose to draw an intentional foul by eating (not cheating, in my opinion, as I have stated many times before), and she suffered the consequences. So I am not sure what the argument is there.

ETA: And, Talker, yes, your example of cheating also is apt! Thank you!

JEDI, I think that was what I was thinking, yes.

ETA... thank you for digging up the video, I am far too lazy. :D

And as to the intent comment... I am sure there must be some sort of penalty that could be levied for the intent to cheat as well. He came right out and admitted it. To me, intent in this matter is just as bad as going through with it... just because he didn't benefit doesn't mean he shouldn't be punished.

Well I think I remember hearing a houseguest (I think it was Eric) saying that during a competition, they could hear the people in the booths next to them (I think one of which was Jen) selecting their answer, and made sure they picked the same answer, so that if Jen fluked it off and got it right, he would still be in it and could take her on. But Eric said a lot of things on the live feeds to cover his own secret America's Player motives, so you never know.

However, there was also something about hand signals during that veto in which Jameka gave up her 5 HoHs and the bunny suits were given out, until Big Brother told them they weren't allowed anymore, and Eric wasn't even playing in that one. I don't think Big Brother punished anyone for those attempts, and it looks like they actually were successful, up to a point.

Nope, not riggged.

Jessica has her reasons for feeling as she does and the right to express them.

I still don't feel it was rigged.

As for the Jen situation that you are talking about... she chose to draw an intentional foul by eating (not cheating, in my opinion, as I have stated many times before), and she suffered the consequences. So I am not sure what the argument is there.

Definitely rule breaking but not cheating on Jens part. Cheating involves subterfuge and Jen ate in front of everyone as opposed to sneaking her turkey burger into the bathroom to eat it. Dick admitted to conspiring to have Vincent sneak secret messages to him in a letter. In other words, Dick admitted to cheating. Production chose to do nothing about Dicks cheating. Thats proof enough for me that BB8 was rigged.

Well I think I remember hearing a houseguest (I think it was Eric) saying that during a competition, they could hear the people in the booths next to them (I think one of which was Jen) selecting their answer, and made sure they picked the same answer, so that if Jen fluked it off and got it right, he would still be in it and could take her on. But Eric said a lot of things on the live feeds to cover his own secret America's Player motives, so you never know.

I remember something like this as well. As I recall it, Eric and Dick were having a conversation whereby they were talking about how you could hear the person next to you and if you turned the thing once it was one answer and if you turned it twice it was the other. Dick said that Jen was next to him and he didn't want her copying him so he would spin his around a few times so that she wouldn't be able to figure out what his answer was. Not that I'm saying that this is an example of Dick cheating... but everyone could have listened to what the person next to them was putting for an answer. I think that if nothing else, everyone should be able to agree that there are AT LEAST ways that people in the game could have cheated in certain situations. Whether or not they used them to their advantage is up for debate.

That was the week that Jen took Dick's cigs... That's why she said she ate, but if I remember correctly all of you all that are screaming about Dick cheating were saying it was only the right thing for Jen to do that week, or not saying anything at all, because you all know she was wrong for doing it... Just like Dick was wrong for TRYING to cheat... See the difference? He only tried, she did it...

The only screaming I saw were certain posters who started with the big bold letters stating it wasn't rigged, that is taken as shouting and a hostile action. Otherwise, there are people who are attempting to discuss this topic.

As for Jen, she ate what she wasn't suppose to and received a penalty, so how is that cheating? She knew it wouldn't benefit her, nor did it advance her in the game so IMO that is not cheating.

But, on the other hand Dick cheated and won some money for it. Some people get penalties and some win $500,000.

Archived