Dick - Winner!

Jem

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say move on because normally people stop arguing about the season by this time. This season, people are still attacking the houseguests and each other. I'm not saying anything such as "Let's not discuss the show." I don't mind discussion of the show. I just think it's sad that people are still attacking each other.

This is probably because Dick, for example, is one of those "love 'em or hate 'em" type of guys. Such a character is bound to provoke heated debate between hardcore fans and haters. I agree though that we shouldn't attack each other. Not sure though what else we're supposed to talk about in the Dick thread aside from... well... Dick. :P I'm also not sure if we can "play nice" when talking about a guy who certainly didn't do a lot of that when in the Big Brother house. :P

Since new interviews are coming out (Dick, Zach, Jessica, and probably more to come), along with new information (yes, including how the game was or wasn't played), then I don't see why we can't discuss it. I said this before (twice, I think), the game is over, but the speculation is not.

New interviews = new information = new discussion.

maybe it's not about not liking someone...but being disgustingly mean about a houseguest? not about dick...i like him, but i'd never try to spin his horrible behavior. i think uncalled for things and pictures have been posted about other houseguests that just aren't fair. i know life isn't fair. i know all opinions are welcome...i just think maybe the retaliation is in response to perceived mean-ness? does this make any sense? by the way, i don't think comments calling posters deragatory comments should be posted either. i really hate name calling.

seeing as DICK bullying/calling out tactics worked this season minus producer interference i wonder how many copycat future hg with try to mimic it because love him or hate him it works. this was first bb where one hg dick got every hg to spilled the beans of their gameplay, alliance, suballiance. i wonder would a female hg get the same love or success for being a DICK

Actually, UVP, there was a previous houseguest who called people out in their alliances -- Jase in season 5 absolutely called Diane out in front of everybody and caused a huge scene. Jase used similar tactics that Dick implemented this season -- the only difference I can see is that Jase never had producer help in making it to the finish line -- and well, we all saw what happened. Jase didn't make it and got evicted because of his obnoxiousness and in your face tactics. That should tell us something about how these type of players would normally end up -- booted. Didn't happen with Dick because well....we all know the story.

I really think, that if Dick wasn't a fan favorite, and so involved with AP, that he would have gotten in trouble for all the things he did. Him pouring tea and the cigarette thing with Jen are huge things that, had it been anyone else, they would have more than likely gotten a big punishment.

The whole 'burning' with the cigarettes was just horrible. It might have been Jen's fault at first, but Dick purposely started poking her with the cigarette. Even with him warning her to back away, he was still purposely hitting her with the cigarette. He should have gotten in trouble for that, but because of his statue on the show, the producers didn't do anything.

In BB6 when Eric and Mike and Kaysar were just getting in eachother's faces, BB got involved. Nothing this year.

everyone sees that cigarette instance in their own way. I didn't see it the way you saw it, listen, she crunched his cigs, not good, then yeah he blew smoke on her, all she had to do was go inside away from him, but she was also worked up and was not gonna let it go cause she was po'd that they gave the cigs back, so she kept gettin in his face, he warned her, she ignored him, and he stuck the cig in her line of fire to reassure her that he was not kiddin, get out of my face, if she got burned oh well, both of them are at fault here not just Dick, at least in my opinion.

I don't think Dick was a fan favorite. I think he was a producer's favorite.

If all Jen had to do was walk away, I must have missed Dick's legs being broken.

well, as I said I believe they are both responsible for their own actions which led to Jen being burned , they BOTH did things that could have prevented any further contact, everybody should own their own parts in things that happen, 2 sides to every story, and both of them have their own version, I see it as equal responsibility, with maybe just a tinge more on Jen because she went and smashed his cigs to begin with, well then we could say she was po'd cause he poured tea and talked mean, I guess it just depends on what you act upon, she did not re act particularly to him when he was on his tirades, but maybe the cig smashing was a latent reaction, who knows?? it is all speculation. I speculate that they both did their thing, oh well, I kinda then just shrug.

I think Dick has ruined a perfectly good show, now. The producers will continue to cast the "good people" versus the "bad people," and people will push the envelope to be badder and badder with their behavior, to get on the show.

Back when the Real World was a newer show, and Puck was on there, he was a digusting jerk, and most people didn't like him. Most of the audience was turned off by his antics. This year, though, a large, vocal part of the audience swung to the other side, as it takes more and more to entertain Americans, now. I'm afraid that Dick has set a precedent with his behavior, and now the vocal part of America that liked Dick will not be satisfied with anything less, and will deem the show to be boring if people aren't attacked on a personal and physical level on the show. I think it's a real shame.

I so do not think that when season 9 rolls around we are gonna see any ED types at all, and I do remember Puck from real world and I see nothing about puck and ED that is alike except that they both were and are outspoke, but for me that is where the similarities stop. I like both Dick and Daniele in a big way, but am not hungry to see the same type cast in next seasons show, as a matter of fact I wish they would get back to the way it was in the earlier seasons and just have regular general public kind of people, instead of models and actor wannabes etc I seriously also do not the Dick set any precedence for anything. I do not think that the reason Dick had a lot of Fans was or is because of his "bad" behavior, he showed to me that he has a flip side that is not all about beating someone down verbally, I like him for some things and disliked some of the things he did, but in no way do I think he is the be all end all of BB or that the show is ruined, if that is the case the show definately took a turn way back around season 6, for me anyway .

...am not hungry to see the same type cast in next seasons show, as a matter of fact I wish they would get back to the way it was in the earlier seasons and just have regular general public kind of people, instead of models and actor wannabes etc

Amen to that, Fatcat!

I dont want to see the producers trying to fill certain "roles" in the BB house. I couldnt stand Dick so obviously I dont want to see a Dick-wannabe next season. Nor do I want to see another Will Kirby (greatest player thus far, IMHO).

What I do want to see is great strategists, and people who compete like its their last comp (because it very well could be!), people who arent afraid to eliminate the HGs that they see as their biggest threat. Mostly, I just want to turn off the TV every Thursday night with my jaw still on the floor.

those roles will be filled again. because it brought in high ratings and stirred up lots of convo on various bb message board. i dont see bb going back to the tame hg of the past. it only gets more :food-smiley-005: the formula was been set. i see it with all reality shows favor of love etc. they only get more over the top then past season jmho

I thought there was some good strategy and crazy stuff in season 1 although I cannot remember all the players so far back, yeah everyone has a reality show, which of course has not been true "REALITY" for some time, of course I will be watchin 9 no matter how it is spun,lol

Archived