Eric - Evicted Day 69

Jem

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that say that Eric helped Dick win the game. <_<

Yes he was AP but he was always campaigning to get Dick out. The only time he stopped was the F4 deal. So if all those HG were not able to get Dick and Daniele evicted then I say the Danatos played a masterful game. They deserved to win.

Eric and Dustin right after Jess won HOH.

Thx, Marty. That tape is pretty unequivocal, isn't it?

And that's what Eric was doing from the beginning: actively campaigning to get Dick out. He only changed that tune when he thought he had a realistic chance of making it to the F4.

Thanks for providing the link, Marty (hope we don't have to pay your paypal...).

Eric chose to be AP, therefore, Eric chose to do what America wanted, which was to help the Donatos (which I loved!!)

I think I remember reading that Eric said in an interview that he didn't wxactly have a choice to be AP. He said that he showed up and the producers said that either he does BB as AP or he doesn't get to do BB at all. His thing during BB was always that this was a once in a lifetime thing, so he either has to give up the dream or do something that may or may not work out too well for him game-wise.

1) He is a legend in his own mind

2) He has no confidence.

Cant even keep their bashing straight

Let's look at this.

He had no confidence.

Correct. He is very insecure to say the least.

He is a legend in his own mind.

Correct. It's called OVER COMPENSATION.

Poor, poor little Eric. He was controlled by his AP role, he had no control.

Incorrect. He had all the control he needed from the start. When given the option to be AP, all he had to say was No thank you.

Eric's "campaigning" pales in comparison to his campaigning for Nick's eviction. Right after Jess won HOH, Jess said she was nominating D&D and there was no stopping her. My arguement was Eric never campaigned to get Dick out of the house when Dick was in danger of being evicted. I never said Eric never campaigned to get Dick out.

Campaigning is campaigning as far as making Dick and Daniele a target. He spent a great deal of time bashing them. Of course he wanted them out of the game because he could see what a threat they were. The rest of the HG just were not playing a good game and let Dick and Daniele slide through. Donatos played a good game in comps and strategy.

Eric was not their savior until the F4 deal was struck. That in fact worked to Eric's and Jess's advantage too.

He had all the control he needed from the start. When given the option to be AP, all he had to say was No thank you.

So his choice was to appear on Big Brother as America's Player, or not appear at all. Not exactly a great deal of control, IMHO.

Incorrect. He had all the control he needed from the start. When given the option to be AP, all he had to say was No thank you.

And Eric wouldn't be in the house then. It was AP, or you're not getting in.

The first chance they had to get rid of D&D once they split from the LNC, was during Jess' first HoH, which was when the F4 alliance was made. Before that, Dick and Danielle had been HoH for two weeks. Before that, the LNC was together and no reason to break it up before Jen, Kail and Zach were still in the house.

Eric didn't 'choose' to be AP. He was told he'd be AP and that was that. No option to do otherwise.

He did have an option. He could have chosen not to go on to BB.

Look at it like this. CBS goes to Eric and tells him they want him to be AP. Eric tells them, "No, I want to do my own thing in the house." Do you really think CBS would put Eric in the house with him knowing what the twist was? No way.

Whether you liked the AP twist or not, it doesn't matter. The fact is it was used this year. Another fact is that it WOULD favour a house guest or two and be against a house guest or two, three or four. How would anyone know that it would favour Dick. Even Dick himself thought he must've been the most hated house guest.

Eric did what CBS told him he had to do, and he got paid pretty good for it as well.

A couple of people posted that Eric chose to be AP, that it was his option. I merely posted a video showing that no, it wasn't an option for him or his 'choosing' -- when he arrived, he was either AP or he hit the road. That's my point. Being out of the game and sent back home isn't much of an option, if you ask me. Choice was pretty clear.

A choice is a choice, period. If he didn't want to be AP, he could have stayed home and watched like the rest of us. He knew going in that being AP would hamper him displaying his mastery of the game. At 27 he should be mature enough to stand by his decision and not use being AP as an excuse. The only thing this guy is master of is the backhanded insult and complaint.

I wonder if Eric was told of the detail BEFORE he agreed to be AP. Or was it like the Matrix, choose first, ask later.

He wanted to be on the show for as long as Dick wanted to be on the show.

Archived