Sign in to follow this  
Ryomi

Council Changes

Do any of you think that since the council "isn't set in stone" That after 4 stars are given out, they will have the opportunity for City Council (leaders)?

Or

Will the set up an election in a future show?

discuss

During the pre season promos they teased a "revolution", but they haven't said how the leaders would be changed. From what I gather if enough people are not happy with the council, than they are ousted from power.

Baron good point but i guarantee that there is a prize for the final council members that will out weigh the star

I am hoping that as the season progresses they will do away with competitions for the different classes and all the kids will fall into the rolls that suit them. Would also be nice to see them determine their own pay based on positions. For example all the kids should decide that the kids who are good in the kitchen should be doing the cooking, even if the competition makes a different group the cooks. I doubt there is anything in the rules that says they have to follow what happens in the competitions, they can probably fight it and make their own decisions. They might also decide that nobody wants to do the laborer positions and it might be worth paying more, since they dont have the option to let illegals do the jobs they dont want.

Baron good point but i guarantee that there is a prize for the final council members that will out weigh the star

Pray tell, how can you guarantee this?

WOW echo... you really hate me don't you. I guess i can't guarantee anything because i'm not apart of the show but there is something i always learned.... leaders get paid/rewarded alot more than the rewards that are given out to workers for hard work... thats why i can guarantee this, because if this is a social experiment i think that they would involve true rules of life. and that rule is the biggest in the book when it comes to social/economical structure.

I guess Echo will teach you to use a figure of speech and discuss a television show, eh Ryomi?

Echo, you can protest your trollishness all you want, but if it writes like a troll, attacks like a troll, flames like a troll, chances are it's a freaking troll.

I thought the council did an excellent job in tonight episode. I was impressed!

It wouldn't surprise me (if the series doesn't get yank suddenly) that at the very end of the 40 days, all the kids who didn't get a gold star are awarded one for having been a supporting member of the town (lasting 40 days). I just sense that is part of the how series will resolve so that there are no loser's, only winners. :animated_bouncy:

I hope greg gets on the council. I like the kid and I think he's getting a bad edit.

I'm sure if I was his age again, I'd be in love..... he's a cute kid.

I think Greg needs to learn that he has to pull his socks up and work hard for more than just 'one week' if he wants a gold star. I agree with the decision to give it Michael. Greg didn't do much for the town the week prior, but Michael did. If he's smart, Greg would work hard again (and again) to prove he's doing it to support the town, not only himself.

I really hope Greg does get a gold star -- he wants it for his education and he seems to need it. But he'll have to prove himself for longer than a week. Based on the previews for next week, I'm not so sure he's learned that.

I also have even more respect for Sophia than I already did. Sophia's definitely my fav. She's already won her gold star, yet she proved that she's still willing to work hard and continues to do so -- including picking up the cooking for the yellow team. That girl needs to be on council.

Michael is an awesome kid, i want him and sofie on the council with Laurel

I agree. Sophia would be a much better council member than Taylor. Plus changing out the council members with those that have already won a gold star would give the current council members a chance to win a star themselves.

Plus changing out the council members with those that have already won a gold star would give the current council members a chance to win a star themselves.

If that does happen, I would figure the council would start reconsidering who they reward. "Sure he/she has done an excellent job, but he/she is more popular, so he/she doesn't get the chance to take my council seat."

Oooo...middle school class election flashbacks...nnnnoooooo

Actually, I was disappointed that the same council members sat for the second episode -- and now moving into the third. I had hoped they were going to teach the kids about electing their town council -- changing it over when need be or when a council member does not prove 'worthy' of the position. Maybe that's still to come, but if we see the same council for a third episode, I doubt it -- the kids are only there for 40 days.

And why ask what the kids what they think of their council during town meetings if they don't get a chance to change it?

And why ask what the kids what they think of their council during town meetings if they don't get a chance to change it?

To teach them the lessons of conditioned helplessness or to prepare them for a life in middle management. Nice.

I saw some video of how it's going to work. There will be 4 different colored ballot boxes representing the 4 districts, and the districts vote for their own council member.

I don't know when it's going to happen, but I know it does.

That sounds good. They need to change it already. Granted it's only been, what, nine days shown so far. Maybe new council members every 12 days? Every four episodes? Thanks for the info, JFetch!

Council should be up for grabs each week. This show doesn't have the drama of voting out a kid, at least the council should be sweating. If a kid does a good job, he can stay for as long as his team will have him. But, Taylor should have been gone already.

Besides council needs a chance to win stars too.

Just saw the promo, the election for new council members will be on next week's episode!

From what I saw of the promo, the current Town Council members get to run for re-election and apparently some take exception to Taylor campaigning for herself.

Fuskie

Who notes the kids are about one third through their adventure...

If I were Taylor, I'd shape up quick b/c she's about to lose her position, not that it's going to do her any good. She's burned way too many bridges.

So as not to make another thread I'm just going to post my thoughts here on the council changes.

First, YAY. It's about time.

Next, Taylor and Mike need to go. We haven't seen enough of Anjay for me to say whether I think he should go, but maybe that's a bad thing. Maybe he *should* go simply because he's not being a leader?

Third: Laurel is great. She's a nice person. Does she have leadership qualities? I'm not sure. I think it says something that the green team is really raking it in with the gold stars, even if they aren't ever upper class or merchants. I would like to see Laurel stay, but I think Sophia would do a better job as a leader, or Michael. It stink that Morgan, Sophia, Michael, and Laurel are all in the same district and can't all be council members. Green will be the one to watch in my opinion. They are pretty much guaranteed a decent council representative.

Fourth: Mike, as I said, needs to go. All the kids are working for the gold star of course. I'll be very curious to see if he becomes hypocritical once (if) he's kicked off the council and starts working hard for that gold star himself. Wouldn't it be poetic justice if Greg is a council member and Mike can't catch a break just because Greg thinks he's only working hard to get a gold star and not to help the town?

I think the only one that will be a shocker is Taylor staying on the council. If, and I don't think she will be, she is voted off I think she'll go home. Most likely what will happen is all of her little friends who have become very complacent to nestle under her wing and not have to lift a finger will vote to keep her on the council. Poor Zach won't stand a chance against that. Just my opinion/prediction.

Here's my official prediction:

Green: Sophia

Yellow: Taylor

Red: up for grabs, anyone's to win even Mike

Blue: Greg or Blaine, toss up