Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Bionic Woman

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,322 posts
To me this really looks like a remake of Dark Angel more than the 70s version of the Bonic Woman.

There are various ways to see the pilot episode for free. I downloaded it from Amazon.com and watched it on my TiVo. You can download and watch it on you PC too. Get a DVD from blockbuster or Netflix

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,456 posts
I am going to watch it tonight to see what I think.Will fill that void for Wednesday nights since Jericho isn't on.

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,456 posts
Watched it and all I can say is HMM...LOL
What does it mean when I fall asleep halfway through???haha

Sharonda99

Sharonda99

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,220 posts
I'm looking forward to seeing it. I loved the Bionic Woman and Six Million Dollar man when I was a kid!

Necron99

Necron99

• Pip
  • 43 posts
I thought it was OK; better the 70s version.

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,456 posts
That's just it though.Ppl are expecting it to be like the 70's show.It's not even CLOSE to the 70's show.
I myself liked the 70's show much better.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Bionic Woman

by TV Guide Staff

Episode Recap: Pilot

So, what do you think of this "new" Jaime Sommers?

What happened to the kindly ol' OSI?

Will Miguel Ferrer make for a satisfactory (albeit leisure-suit-free) ersatz Oscar Goldman?

Do you find Jaime's scientist boyfriend to be as utterly "meh" as I do?

Is Katee Sackhoff's Sarah going to resurface every now and again some some intense girl-girl action?

Could the recast (since the pilot) kid sister look any more like series star Michelle Ryan?

And how will Isaiah Washington fit into all of it going forward? (Actually, if you read last week's TV Guide, you know the answer to that one.)

Until we round up the best person to blog Bionic, this is the place to talk about NBC's high-tech reboot of that '70s show.

Discuss!

Posted by TV Guide Staff 09/26/07 10:40 PM

Episode Recap: "Paradise Lost"
Well, if you agreed with last week's blog question about Jaime's boyfriend being "utterly meh" then you're probably not too sad to see him dead. But his passing

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

Bionic Woman

by TV Guide Staff

Episode Recap:

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

Bionic Woman

by TV Guide Staff

Episode Recap: "The Education of Jaime Sommers"
The episode began with a former POW waking up in an infirmary and, appearing bewildered, rose and walked slowly across the room. He then took out a knife, stabbed an officer, and shot everyone else present.

Back at Jaime's apartment, her girlfriends were prodding her to consider dating again. Jaime shrugged off their pestering until she was called into work to investigate the story of the murderous POW. They discovered that a neural implant that is typically used to treat depression and Parkinson's was found inside the POW's brain. Whoever implanted this chip had control of the POW's actions and caused his outburst. Jaime's team believed that the creator of the neural chip, Dr. Samuels, was possibly supplying these chips to terrorists. Jaime's mission therefore involved going undercover at Dr. Samuels' college and investigating whether he was supplying the means for involuntary murder.

The two plot points converged as Jaime met a possible love interest in the form of Dr. Samuels' T.A., Tom. Jaime passed herself off as a British exchange student from Oxford and had her very own freshman dorm room and roommate. In reality, being at college was a bittersweet dream for Jaime and gave her the chance to experience something that she never expected. She was struggling with an assignment for Dr. Samuels, and her roommate was struggling with writing a paper. They swapped homework assignments and at the end of the episode it was revealed that Jaime's paper received an A.

While on a date, Tom was telling Jaime that he really believed that neural-imaging research would one day make a huge difference. But back at the base, Antonio began to suspect Tom as the true supplier. Jaime investigated the matter further, but eventually discovered that Tom was also undercover and they were not enemies. The real culprit turned out to be another student named Sean who had no other motive than to make money. After the case was solved, Jaime and Tom appeared to be happily in the beginnings of a relationship.

Tonight's installment of Bionic Woman was the first that displayed this series' creative potential. The show's quality had been under scrutiny since before the premiere and a radical overhaul was ordered. Armed with a sound concept and a dynamic, sexy star, a new team of writers were primed with the mission of revamping a stale television program.

"The Education of Jaime Sommers" addressed many of its creative inadequacies by abandoning the numbing hopelessness of the earlier episodes. Jaime still needed to have conflict in her life, just not so overwhelming that it negated any possibility of happiness. I think Michelle Ryan's problems most often originate from interactions with her suffocating and stiff supporting cast. Katee Sackhoff as Sarah Corvus and Will Jun Lee as Jae did not figure in to this episode, and Lucy Hale as Becca was relegated to a cameo in the installment's opening minutes. The remaining supporting characters were still not terribly entertaining, but hopefully they will be reevaluated for future chapters.

The most influential creative change shown tonight was Jaime gaining clarity regarding her struggle with dishonesty. Her deceased fianc

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

Bionic Woman

by Joshua Green

Episode Recap: "The List"

Hello again faithful TVGuide.com fans! Joshua Green here, reporting for the most revamped show of the fall!

The momentum that began with "The Education of Jaime Sommers" continues with the focus on Michelle Ryan's Jaime Sommers and her CIA pseudo boyfriend covertly known as Tom. Their chemistry continues to shine and prompts me to think that Jordan Bridges as Tom will soon become a series regular. Jordan's comedic chops help him stand out among the cast and allows the show to be almost

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,322 posts
Coming back? cancelled?

TCS

TCS

• Pip
  • 3,571 posts
marie.gif I haven't watched this show but my hubby really liked it....he's hoping it comes back. I've heard mixed reviews on it.

pixiedust.gif

ART VAN DELAY

ART VAN DELAY

• Pip
  • 1,337 posts
I liked it so NBC gave it the axe in favor of bring back Knight Rider whats next a remake of Alf lol lol

AdamKane

AdamKane

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I love this show it's one of my all time favorites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users