Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Bionic Woman

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
To me this really looks like a remake of Dark Angel more than the 70s version of the Bonic Woman.

There are various ways to see the pilot episode for free. I downloaded it from Amazon.com and watched it on my TiVo. You can download and watch it on you PC too. Get a DVD from blockbuster or Netflix

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
I am going to watch it tonight to see what I think.Will fill that void for Wednesday nights since Jericho isn't on.

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
Watched it and all I can say is HMM...LOL
What does it mean when I fall asleep halfway through???haha

Sharonda99

Sharonda99

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,219 posts
I'm looking forward to seeing it. I loved the Bionic Woman and Six Million Dollar man when I was a kid!

Necron99

Necron99

• Pip
  • 43 posts
I thought it was OK; better the 70s version.

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
That's just it though.Ppl are expecting it to be like the 70's show.It's not even CLOSE to the 70's show.
I myself liked the 70's show much better.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,839 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Bionic Woman

by TV Guide Staff

Episode Recap: Pilot

So, what do you think of this "new" Jaime Sommers?

What happened to the kindly ol' OSI?

Will Miguel Ferrer make for a satisfactory (albeit leisure-suit-free) ersatz Oscar Goldman?

Do you find Jaime's scientist boyfriend to be as utterly "meh" as I do?

Is Katee Sackhoff's Sarah going to resurface every now and again some some intense girl-girl action?

Could the recast (since the pilot) kid sister look any more like series star Michelle Ryan?

And how will Isaiah Washington fit into all of it going forward? (Actually, if you read last week's TV Guide, you know the answer to that one.)

Until we round up the best person to blog Bionic, this is the place to talk about NBC's high-tech reboot of that '70s show.

Discuss!

Posted by TV Guide Staff 09/26/07 10:40 PM

Episode Recap: "Paradise Lost"
Well, if you agreed with last week's blog question about Jaime's boyfriend being "utterly meh" then you're probably not too sad to see him dead. But his passing — and that loose floorboard — gave her some guidance toward who he really was and what he was involved with.

I don't blame her for trying to walk away from it all and return to her normal life under the radar. But when she was a little too strong for "Mr. Right Now" to have a good time, and the ringing in her ear was too hard to ignore, she had no other choice. Plus, saving that suicidal woman gave her a little bit of a high, huh?

And with one trip to Jonas' office, she was suddenly a player in "The Game." Enter ex-Dr. Burke. Forget about whiny interns, this is a whole other ball game in terms of saving lives. Isaiah Washington definitely has the aura of a leader — as we saw on Grey's Anatomy — so I'm intrigued by his role as Jaime's supervisor. And order No. 1 was to start training.

Her session with Jae was pretty cool. I can't even do a pull-up with two hands… on a step-stool. Regardless, it wasn't hard to figure out that Jaime would get involved with the Paradise case, but my first instinct was that something would go wrong, considering she's not fully trained and her eagerness is overruling any rational thought. But just when she's getting rocked in a one-on-one battle, she pulls out a punch so hard, it was as if a car had pushed that "soldier" over. As for the test run that led them to saving thousands of people all over the country, it reminded me a bit of Jericho — the hunt between two "armies" of sorts, the map marking target points. I'm still wondering why Vivian was immune to the DMC-30 though. Do we have another talented female on our hands? And what does it mean that Jonas' company created that synthetic in the first place?

On another note, Sarah Corvus, the first Bionic Woman, is still running free, haunting Jae in the process. When she lured him to the Yellow Rose Hotel, I got chills all over again when her steely eyes and creepily steady voice approached her ex-lover (or current lover). And ta-da, she seduced him. But what does this mean for Jaime? Jae's in a tough spot, and I'm curious to see how working with the second Bionic Woman will affect his complicated relationship with the original.

All in all, I'm getting sucked into the looming questions about the company, and mostly Sarah and her loss of control. I'm not completely convinced that BW can fully hold its ground all season, but I do get a kick out of female leads who throw a mean jab, and lines that sum things up in one heavy breath:

"I'll make it simple for you, we're saving the world. Are you in or are you out?"

Oh, she's so in.

Posted by TV Guide Staff 10/3/07 10:26 PM

Episode Recap: "Sisterhood"
After the third episode, this show is just not holding my attention like Heroes does. But maybe I shouldn't be comparing. Still, there's something about Jaime Sommers that I'm just not buying. Maybe it's the tough-girl tone she takes with Jonas. Maybe it's the balance between sister and Bionic that makes for an awkward back-and-forth throughout each episode. (But I guess I can't blame her for that, it should be awkward.) Maybe it's not believing in the "animal." Just as I was getting into another training session with Jae, she throws in a "Bring it on, bitch," and I laugh.

I guess I'm having a hard time with these brief encounters she has at "work." We don't get ongoing storylines about the people she's saving or the criminals she's wiping the floor with. It's in, out, punch, kick, next. Who was the falafel guy? I guess some missions are more detailed than others — like Heaven needing a "Bionic Babysitter" just in case the Serbs decided to take her down in the nail salon. I am curious to see next week's show, though, because it seems Jaime will be tested like never before.

Even with all my complaints, I'm still intrigued by Sarah Corvus and her failing body. Watching Jaime struggle with trusting her and wanting to help her, I do want to know Will's master plan. Sarah's the only character that brings life to the job, and the whole idea that she's lost most of her humanity makes her confusing and easy to hate and yet likable at times when you see her vulnerability and loss. Plus, I find her humorous when she says things like, "Not that I can actually feel anything, but I can intellectually imagine.…" Oh, and speaking of that, how crazy was it that Jaime imagined turning off the video chip in her cerebral cortex?

So, are you still watching? Are you caught up in the Bionic mystery of it all or has it dropped off your must-watch list?

Posted by TV Guide Staff 10/10/07 10:25 PM

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,839 posts

Bionic Woman

by TV Guide Staff

Episode Recap: “Face Off”

The highlights:
• Jaime’s a prototype and she’s got a five-year life expectancy. Her bionic interfaces keep failing and resetting, which is causing her tremors.
• Antonio and Jaime were sent to Paraguay to recover Dr. Mark Stevens. Turns out he used to be a CIA operative and he knows all about Jaime’s bionics.
• Sarah Corvus allowed herself to be brought in. Jonas promised to cure her but without Will’s fixes, which were on the flash drive in Paraguay, nothing can be done for her.

Antonio and Jaime are being sent to Paraguay to recover Dr. Mark Stevens. Paraguay doesn’t have any antiterrorism laws, so any sort of military operation to recover the good doctor won’t be looked upon too kindly. Jaime’s a bit of a nervous flyer but Antonio talks her down, assuring her repeatedly that she can trust him. That turns out not to be the case when Antonio tries to kill Dr. Stevens. Since Stevens has seen what’s on that flash drive, he’s now a liability and he’s got to be eliminated. Jaime, never one to follow orders blindly, gets herself and the doc out of there but not before taking a bullet.

Jaime uses her superstrength and her enhanced eye to get into a local store. There the doctor works to get the bullet out of her shoulder. The bionics in her body are incorporating the bullet, which will only lead to more damage. Dr. Stevens manages to pull the bullet out safely just as Antonio tracks them down. After Jaime opens a major can of whoop-ass on Antonio, she goes to get the doctor from his hiding place only to find him gone. Back at home with her cover story blown, Jaime tries to assure Becca she’s the most important person in her life.

There were a lot of interesting things going on in this episode. I like that with each mission Jaime goes on, she learns not only what she’s capable of but she also learns more about the dark dealings at Wolf Creek. They are constantly pushing her to fight harder and trust the machine within herself but they rarely divulge much about themselves. So far it seems safe to assume they only give Jaime as little information as she needs to do her job. And maybe they think that’s wise since she’s got such a mind of her own. Maybe she doesn’t have the security clearance she needs to know all the details of each mission but they really should stop trying to hide so much from her.

Her relationship with Becca continues to become more complicated. She’s trying to do the right thing by her younger sister but she can’t tell her the truth, which has got to be hard. I don’t agree with Becca’s philosophy that Jaime should be truthful with her at all times but I do think she should try telling the truth a little more. It’s tough, though, because Jaime wants to keep her sister safe. I’m sure if I had a parent or a parental figure that I kept catching in lies, I’d probably start imagining the worst. It’s human nature.

I know some of you like Sarah Corvus and some of you don’t. What did you think that psychological profile Ruth was working up was all about? We know Sarah’s trying to save herself and we know she can’t experience emotions — although if that’s true, how does she know she loves Jae? Is all that just a reflex? It seems like the only real thing she can feel is pain. Also, if she started her bionic life three years ago, why are her systems failing now? It seems like she’d only have severe problems at the end of her life cycle. Thoughts? — Kara Howland

Check out our Online Video Guide for more on Bionic Woman.

Posted by TV Guide Staff 10/18/07 1:50 AM

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,839 posts

Bionic Woman

by TV Guide Staff

Episode Recap: "The Education of Jaime Sommers"
The episode began with a former POW waking up in an infirmary and, appearing bewildered, rose and walked slowly across the room. He then took out a knife, stabbed an officer, and shot everyone else present.

Back at Jaime's apartment, her girlfriends were prodding her to consider dating again. Jaime shrugged off their pestering until she was called into work to investigate the story of the murderous POW. They discovered that a neural implant that is typically used to treat depression and Parkinson's was found inside the POW's brain. Whoever implanted this chip had control of the POW's actions and caused his outburst. Jaime's team believed that the creator of the neural chip, Dr. Samuels, was possibly supplying these chips to terrorists. Jaime's mission therefore involved going undercover at Dr. Samuels' college and investigating whether he was supplying the means for involuntary murder.

The two plot points converged as Jaime met a possible love interest in the form of Dr. Samuels' T.A., Tom. Jaime passed herself off as a British exchange student from Oxford and had her very own freshman dorm room and roommate. In reality, being at college was a bittersweet dream for Jaime and gave her the chance to experience something that she never expected. She was struggling with an assignment for Dr. Samuels, and her roommate was struggling with writing a paper. They swapped homework assignments and at the end of the episode it was revealed that Jaime's paper received an A.

While on a date, Tom was telling Jaime that he really believed that neural-imaging research would one day make a huge difference. But back at the base, Antonio began to suspect Tom as the true supplier. Jaime investigated the matter further, but eventually discovered that Tom was also undercover and they were not enemies. The real culprit turned out to be another student named Sean who had no other motive than to make money. After the case was solved, Jaime and Tom appeared to be happily in the beginnings of a relationship.

Tonight's installment of Bionic Woman was the first that displayed this series' creative potential. The show's quality had been under scrutiny since before the premiere and a radical overhaul was ordered. Armed with a sound concept and a dynamic, sexy star, a new team of writers were primed with the mission of revamping a stale television program.

"The Education of Jaime Sommers" addressed many of its creative inadequacies by abandoning the numbing hopelessness of the earlier episodes. Jaime still needed to have conflict in her life, just not so overwhelming that it negated any possibility of happiness. I think Michelle Ryan's problems most often originate from interactions with her suffocating and stiff supporting cast. Katee Sackhoff as Sarah Corvus and Will Jun Lee as Jae did not figure in to this episode, and Lucy Hale as Becca was relegated to a cameo in the installment's opening minutes. The remaining supporting characters were still not terribly entertaining, but hopefully they will be reevaluated for future chapters.

The most influential creative change shown tonight was Jaime gaining clarity regarding her struggle with dishonesty. Her deceased fiancé's deceit caused Jaime to suffer both physical and emotional losses. Jaime's fears prevented her from experiencing any form of happiness, thrusting her solely into her bionics. But when she started lying to Becca about her extracurricular activities, Jaime became the liar that she despised. "The Education of Jaime Sommers" presented a new Jaime Sommers that could overcome fear and doubt, giving the audience a hero to root for. — Joshua Green

Posted by TV Guide Staff 10/25/07 9:22 AM

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,839 posts

Bionic Woman

by Joshua Green

Episode Recap: "The List"

Hello again faithful TVGuide.com fans! Joshua Green here, reporting for the most revamped show of the fall!

The momentum that began with "The Education of Jaime Sommers" continues with the focus on Michelle Ryan's Jaime Sommers and her CIA pseudo boyfriend covertly known as Tom. Their chemistry continues to shine and prompts me to think that Jordan Bridges as Tom will soon become a series regular. Jordan's comedic chops help him stand out among the cast and allows the show to be almost — gasp — fun!

I groaned when there was yet another dull training session between Jaime and Jae Kim. Granted, I usually whimper whenever Will Yun Lee is on the screen, but I absolutely detest these mundane training sequences. What have they actually accomplished? Jaime has been able to control her bionics solely because of her calm and self-control. Nevertheless, the training continues with tonight's episode but also serves for the reintroduction of Tom. All of a sudden this scene has a purpose, showing Jaime and Tom's continued confusion about their romantic feelings towards each other. Remember earlier when I said that Jordan brought wit to the show? I roared with laughter when Tom said in a roundabout way that he is the Human Bomb, like the character from his favorite comic book The Freedom Fighters. So until his true name is discovered, Tom is the bomb!

Bionic Woman needs to focus more frequently on Miguel Ferrer as Jonas Bledsoe. (Check out our interview with Miguel here.) I have seen Miguel on several other TV shows and movies, most notably as the lovingly deplorable Albert Rosenfield on Twin Peaks. Miguel has clearly found his niche in Hollywood, as he usually plays characters that viewers hate to love. People are drawn to Miguel because he reflects society as a flawed (and bald) everyman. His characters aren't bad human beings, but their social inadequacies sometimes overshadow their good intentions. "The List" finally shows Miguel's Jonas as the unassuming hero that I knew he would turn out to be. I love how quickly Jonas agrees to provide Jaime the financial means to purchase the list, all while assisting Becca (Lucy Hale) at the police station. After seeing how understanding he was with Becca, I look forward to more developments with Jonas in Jaime's personal life.

After making significant progress creatively, Bionic Woman's writers should now focus on the impossible task of making Jae Kim a more interesting character. Shame they're on strike….

Posted by Joshua Green 11/8/07 11:03 AM

Episode Recap: "Trust Issues"
I had high hopes that Bionic Woman would continue its recent wave of success, but "Trust Issues" brought this reinvigoration to a grinding halt. The show's quality depreciated to the same substandard levels of its debut episodes.

A large contributor to the show's creative woes came from the inconsistency of its storylines and cast. Whatever happened to Katee Sackhoff as Sarah Corvus? Despite being among the most poorly conceived rogues in television history, it was a shame that she was seemingly abandoned. Sarah Corvus was a principle player that would have assisted in supplying answers about the mysterious origins of bionics. There were so many different ways that Sarah's personality could have been developed. Flashbacks to Sarah's past would have provided motivation for her present actions and would also have made her more relatable to the audience.

This ambivalence to creative development separates Bionic Woman from classic shows such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer. In Buffy's third season, the villainous Mayor Wilkins was introduced as Buffy's new archenemy. The mayor was stiff in his early appearances, only acting as a plot devise to move the storyline forward. But Joss Whedon and his writing team continued to turn the mayor into a heinously hilarious villain. It turns out that the actor playing Mayor Wilkins, Harry Groener, had great comedic delivery and the scribes were able to use this to their advantage.

Not only did Bionic Woman ignore its failed storylines, but they also felt obligated to destroy any success that the show had achieved. I credited the character of Tom with contribution to the previous creative turnaround, so it was a shame to see Tom become just as serious and miserable as the rest of his cast mates. Tom's concerns for Jaime's well-being in the field were starting to interfere with their relationship. He also stopped doing what he did so well in the last two episodes, which was to bring the show some much-needed levity. Jaime and Tom's relationship should have been given the chance to blossom before any conflict was introduced. The Bionic writers should have recognized Tom's burgeoning importance and taken advantage of it.

Another success story of character development occurred during the first season of Heroes. Jack Coleman had a small role in the show's pilot episode, with only a few lines of dialogue. But Jack's performance was so strong that the producers promoted him to a series regular as HRG.

"Curtis from 24 is back from the dead!" That's what was going through my mind when I saw Roger R. Cross in tonight's episode. After I recovered from the sudden shock, I was baffled that I got so excited about an actor that I thought was at best average. Unfortunately, this all-too-brief moment was the most enjoyment I was able to reap from "Trust Issues." With Bionic Woman hemorrhaging viewers every week, the writers are running out of time to make this show work.

Posted by Joshua Green 11/15/07 9:31 AM

Episode Recap: "Do Not Disturb"
My time with Bionic Woman has become an equivalent of an educational experience. I take my television shows very seriously and only watch programs that offer me characters with whom I can sympathize. And since Jaime is the only character with any real depth, I would have normally given up on this show after watching just the pilot. But due to my duties as a TV GUIDE blogger, BW offers me the chance to better understand how a flawed show constantly attempts to better itself. BW is a vastly improved product from it's less than auspicious debut, but it has also lost more than half of its original viewers. "Do Not Disturb" is BW's last original episode that was completed before the inopportune* WGA strike. With NBC striving to reclaim the ratings dominance it once held, they might decide that BW is a show that is not worth reviving. So for what might be the last time, let me present my views on "Do Not Disturb."

Why does the "Previously On" segment in the beginning of every episode always specifically focus just on the previous episode? Most programs that utilize this devise include segments from every possible episode, so the audience acclimates more easily to the show's premise. BW is depriving itself of the simplest method to get a greater number of viewers that it so desperately needs.

I enjoyed the simple premise of tonight's episode, which focuses on Jaime's anguish from Antonio's death. Personally, I am relieved that Isaiah Washington is off the show. Not because I hold any grudge for his derogatory statements of his personal life, but because of his character's name of Antonio. He certainly doesn't look like an Antonio, does he? And have any of you ever meant an Antonio? I certainly haven't and I think my life is better for it!

Jonas notices that Jaime needs a break from the emotional rigors of work, so he orders her to go on a vacation. But this is not just any holiday, as he gives this poor girl a "simple" task of giving hit information to a nerdy assassin. Btw, why does BW always portray extremely weird and creepy looking characters on this show? Primary examples of this are Nathan and Ruth, whose humor is derived from their personal paranoia's. Anyway, I did snicker when the similarly skeezy assassin performed the narration from the opening credits of The A-Team. Is it bad that I knew all the words myself?

"Do Not Disturb" ended up being one of BW's better efforts, coming off last week's disastrous episode. Pushing Jonas to the forefront, alongside Jaime, was a long time coming for the character. I liked seeing Nathan getting involved in field work, and especially enjoyed seeing some explanation for his many neuroses. Characterizations aside, the special effects team needs to come up with a better way to give Jaime's bionics a more visual appeal. Slow motion just doesn't cut it these days.

*When I say that the strike is inopportune, I mean that solely for the creators trying to improve BW. Viva la strike! — Joshua Green

Posted by Joshua Green 11/29/07 2:31 AM

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Coming back? cancelled?

TCS

TCS

• Pip
  • 3,571 posts
marie.gif I haven't watched this show but my hubby really liked it....he's hoping it comes back. I've heard mixed reviews on it.

pixiedust.gif

ART VAN DELAY

ART VAN DELAY

• Pip
  • 1,337 posts
I liked it so NBC gave it the axe in favor of bring back Knight Rider whats next a remake of Alf lol lol

AdamKane

AdamKane

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I love this show it's one of my all time favorites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users