Sophia

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Port

Port

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:19 PM

Ok, did she really do enough to win the 20k and the gold star? Don't get me wrong, I think she did a great job. She was also bossy, seemed a tad arrogant, and complained... a lot. She really seemed jealous of the fact that the yellow district cooked a good meal, and went way overboard with complaining about the dishes and the council. Seems to me she thinks she out to be council and is ticked that she isn't, I mean how dare they not make her a council member? Don't they know who she is? At least that was some of the vibe I got. The acceptance and promise to do better was a step in the right direction, but the teaser/trailer for next week implies she turns even more against the kids who just gave her 20k.

I think Michael would have been a better choice. The kid almost single-handedly created order from chaos and defused volatile situations. He was the level head and the common sense and he deserved it more than Sophia.

#2 WickedOne

WickedOne

• Pip
  • 9,018 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:32 PM

She is mature for her age and well spoken. If anything she's too adult-like to co-exist with the other kids. I like her. Love her edge. I don't see arrogance. I see a girl unable to understand why the others aren't at her level. She's a keeper. She and her well earned bike.

She's Tatum O'Neil withOUT the drugs.

#3 JFetch

JFetch

Live Feed Updater/Capper

• Pip
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:51 PM

Yes, she deserved it. She's the one that took charge when they all whined about being hungry. All Micheal did was one speech to shut everyone up.

#4 Port

Port

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

Ok, I'll concede the bike thing. That was pure genious and she definitely earned that!

#5 Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,333 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:23 PM

Don't forget that the Town Council doesn't have the benefit of watching everything we see.

Fuskie
Who never doubts the power of a good meal to sway opinion...

#6 Polodar

Polodar

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:47 AM

I didnt like her panhandling for the bike. Anyone can beg for money. Thats not a good lesson to teach anyone. I would have respected her much more if each episode she saved toward the bike. And after already getting a bike why should she also have got the star? She may be a hard worker but she is not an effective leader. She needed to motivate people not whine about them not doing work.

#7 JFetch

JFetch

Live Feed Updater/Capper

• Pip
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:08 AM

I think she's a good leader because she leads by example. Some of the council members just tell people what to do and watch them do it.

#8 Joah

Joah

• Pip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:33 AM

For the one thing Michael did........... I don't think it came close to the plethora of things Sophia did.

#9 WickedOne

WickedOne

• Pip
  • 9,018 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:17 AM

They recieve the star for hardwork. Not based strictly on leadership qualities. There are already four chosen leaders.

Sophia showed ingenuity and was successful. She's not there to teach other children right from wrong or morals. What about them all going & buying soda & candy with their earnings? Jordan bought a giant chunk of dark chocolate. That's ok? They will all learn in time how to save. Kudo's to Sophia's dancing. Heck on the Amazing Race they do it all the time... panhandling.

#10 Dawnie

Dawnie

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:26 AM

i think she deserved it and love wickeds comment about tatum w/out the drugs..i thought the same exact thing

#11 mikede

mikede

• Pip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:07 PM

I like sophia, she seems like a cool kid.

#12 Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,333 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:33 PM

Jordan bought a giant chunk of dark chocolate. That's ok?

That was Jared, and he also bought Shakespeare which I think goes great with chocolate.

Fuskie
Who thinks he needs something sweet since the bard's plays are usually so bitter...

#13 Baron

Baron

• Pip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:49 PM

Yes I think she deserved it more than Michael. I am sure he will get one though.

#14 SOVRules

SOVRules

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:29 PM

I was impressed by Sophia.

I have a request, I think we, as responsible adults should refrain from making negative comments on these kids. Everyone has the right to state their opinion, but can we leave it to whether we like the child or whether we dislike the child. I know we can get crazy with picking on BB house guests but I hope we will show respect to these kids because they are just that, kids.

So far the board has been kind, lets keep it that way.
party_smilie.gif

#15 Stuppski

Stuppski

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:55 PM

I LOVE Sophia. She is great. She deserved the star and is probably the best memeber of the society. She can take control, and remain humble. I Looooved her danceing. Freaking hilarious. Me mum was like 'Wow, she didn't even have to take her clothes off'. I think that sums her up pretty damn good! Favorite memeber of the cast by far!

#16 echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:38 PM

I have a request, I think we, as responsible adults should refrain from making negative comments on these kids.

I agree. One thing I find extremely offensive is when an adult cuts down a little kid.

I don't even like it when adults do in the BB and Survive forums, and I do have concerns that some of those bad habits might drift into this forum and people might make unkind comments about various kids simply because a kid is shown doing\saying something that exposes them as being flawed. Trust me on this, if specific kids are shown to be flawed, later they will be shown redeeming themselves by helping someone, apologizing, working harder, being a hero, etc. None of this kids will be demonetized by the producers as sometimes happens on Survivor, Big Brother, and other reality shows.

#17 Stuppski

Stuppski

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:22 PM

Ah the blessings of being 14... =P

#18 laladoopiedu

laladoopiedu

Live Feed Updater

• 6,169 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:46 PM

I, too, thought Sophia was going to save for the bike and get it in a future episode. I thought it was a cool idea when she started dancing. I just didn't think she'd get very far with it. I don't really understand how that many kids gave up their little money to give to her. Let me say I'm very surprise, yet impressed, and happy, that it happened. But, I just didn't think it'd be that easy.

#19 crustylugholes

crustylugholes

• Pip
  • 901 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:47 PM

I thought it was hilarious when she mentioned that some of the girls paid her to move her dancing away from them. animated_rotfl.gif

I like her a lot.

#20 SCRebel

SCRebel

• Pip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

Seems like a lesbian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users