The Donatos after BB Maybe Mtv Reality

surfgranny

The Donatos on MTV  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Would you watch The Donatos if it really were an MTV series?

• Yes, watching a dysfunctional family is like rubbernecking at an accident scene
    • No, their 15 minutes are up

It's not real - yet anyway. The Osbournes was a very popular MTV series, and MTV is owned by Viacom, the same company that owns CBS. Alison Grodner or some other enterprising producer could potentially cash in on BB's good ratings this summer by proposing a show starring the Donatos to fill the gap the Osbournes left in the MTV line-up.

If it is a ratings hit, then Cha-Ching!!! for the producer who got it on the air, but if it sinks like the Pirate Master, s/he's toast in Tinseltown. The question any potential producer has to ask is, "Would you watch The Donatos?"

I probably would if it really were an MTV series and suspect a lot of others would as well (even though they may not admit to it any more than they'd admit to rubbernecking @ an accident scene).

wouldnt get ratings

I wouldn't watch - only b/c I really can't take Daniele's whining anymore - but I bet others would and I also bet Grodner has already thought of this and is working a deal as we speak.

They could bring Vincent and Grammy ED on the show too...I seriously wouldnt be surprised if this happens.

VH1 is indeed a Viacom-owned network, but I'm not sure it gets the ratings draw that MTV series do. Dick's a hot property right now so depending on how quickly they could get this going, MTV might be ok. Production takes awhile though, so VH1 is probably more likely as you said.

Grammy ED and Vincent would of course be part of it. She looks just like her son. Don't know who Vincent looks like since he doesn't look like Dani, Grammy or Daddy Dearest.

Maybe CBS will pull an Alison Irwin or Rob & Amber Mariano and cast him on Amazing Race since he wants to travel around the world so badly. I hope not because his rages would seriously take the Ugly American reputation people with US passports have to a whole new low.

LOL every year we hear how all these hgs are going to be stars and they all find out thats not reality.

the bb dream of post bb stardom that never happens lol

ratings wont happen

I couldn't even listen to Daniele's interview -- her voice is like nails on a chalkboard -- let alone listen to her on her own show. And Dick -- don't even have to go there...

It would all get old rather quickly, IMO, and the ratings wouldn't be there. As much as the Donato fans want more of them, it's doubtful your dream (nightmare!) will come true.

Maybe CBS will pull an Alison Irwin or Rob & Amber Mariano and cast him on Amazing Race since he wants to travel around the world so badly.

OK This isn't an opinion so I feel ok posting it, Julie asked Dick and Daniele last night if they were going to do the Amazing Race... I didn't hear the answer, but she did ask, and then that's when Daniele asked Julie if she was going to be at the rap party and Julie asked if it was on Thrusday and Daniele said yes and Julie said no she would interview them in the LA studio and then head back to New York...

Dick will get some sort of offer. Not sure where but it will be soon. I wish him luck.

Not sure about Daniele but she will get lots of offers too.jmho

Maybe a reality show with her and Nick. I'd watch that!!!!!

I think the reality show we are most likely to see the donato's is on Cops. Or The Amazing Race meets Cops combo.
:animated_rotfl:

Dick strikes me as the kind of guy who would just yell louder at people who don't speak english. JK

If there was a pair from this Season to be on AR, I would have to say Eric and Dick. Do I think they's win, hell no. Would I watch the train wreck, hell yes.

It is not really that surprising that most of the HG's said they would have a drink with Dick outside of the house. I could ind of see him hosting "america's next rockstar" type show. But not a family-based show.

Was it me or did Vincent look scared. Maybe he wasn't comfortable with TV, maybe he knows people think he's a cheater, maybe he's never been that close to a robot. What ever it was, he looked scared.

Archived