Oj Simpson Arrested And Charged With Armed Robbery

Marty

Police say they have arrested O.J. Simpson on charges related to the armed robbery of sport memorabilia.

Simpson was arrested shortly after 11 a.m. and is being brought back to a police office, Capt. James Dillon said.

Several police officers were seen Sunday entering the hotel where Simpson is staying in Las Vegas. A security guard said police took Simpson out a side door shortly after.

The arrest came after police also arrested a 46-year-old Arizona man, Walter Alexander, on Saturday night.

Alexander was arrested on two counts of robbery with a deadly weapon, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery and burglary with a deadly weapon, police said. Two firearms were seized.

Police are still determining charges against Simpson.

Get over it. OJ won the last case against him, and he will/should get off on this one, as the stuff was actually his and he was just steling it back.

:blink:

BTW..... OJ did NOT win the last case against him. Hope he rots in jail. Even though that's too good for him!!

joni.......

O.J. Simpson was arrested Sunday and faces multiple felony charges in an alleged armed robbery of collectors involving the former football great's sports memorabilia, authorities said.

Prosecutors were planning to charge Simpson with two counts of robbery with use of a deadly weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery, burglary with a deadly weapon, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon and coercion, said Clark County District Attorney David Roger.

A conviction on the most serious charge, robbery with use of a deadly weapon, could bring a sentence of three to 35 years for each count, he said.

"He is facing a lot of time," Roger said.

How ironic it would be for him to get away with murder, and then get jail time for theft/armed robbery/breaking and entering, whatever the charge is!!

Some said earlier on CNN that he could get 10 years.

baby, just saw your post...sounds like 10 years might have been an under-estimate...

Get over it. OJ won the last case against him, and he will/should get off on this one, as the stuff was actually his and he was just steling it back.

OMG you are kidding right? ARMED ROBBERY! He will go to jail for this one for sure and I bet he gets about 10 years.

He got away with double murder and has a long rap sheet since then. I don't see a way to for him to beat these charges.

Getting a murderer off the street is a GOOD thing. OJ is the scum of the earth.

Getting a murderer off the street is a GOOD thing. OJ is the scum of the earth.

Exactly, Marty.

FINALLY he can get arrested...it's been something like 13 years since the murders.

It was inevitable he would screw up big time, just a question of when; sorry it took so long.

Hope it's a LONG sentence...

He was arrested, tried and found not guilty.

He has been arrested for robbing a thief. If he is charged and tried he should be treated like any other American, not by a biased prosecutor. Or is the justice system not good enough?

Like it or not ARMED ROBBERY gets you big jail time even if your name is not OJ Simpson.

He got away with murder in the criminal trial but was convicted of murder in the civil trial.

Do you think he is innocent and deserves to walk the streets? OMG

He was guilty, and got away with it.

However, this is one discussion I won't enter; it's a contentious issue to start with, and given the far less contentious topics that have turned into major issues in the forums, there doesn't seem to be anything to be gained in describing why I know he was guilty.

Besides, I've stated my opinion, so really nothing more I need to add.

...besides the fact that I'm relieved to know that he'll prolly be going to jail for a long time. Too little too late, but still something.

He was arrested, tried and found not guilty.

He has been arrested for robbing a thief

He was found not guilty ONLY because the LA Police department were stupid enough with the blood evidence to give the jury "reasonable" doubt. Even Robert Kardashian, his friend nearly fainted when the verdict was read - and not in relief but from disbelief !!

Robbing a thief ??? Every news item I've read said he was stealing it from a collector

If he is charged and tried he should be treated like any other American,

Uh, do you mean like Paris & Lohan ?

I mean, if he is found guilty, he should be sentenced based on the crime he is found guilty of, not something else.

Francis, you're right.

I'm with you all though. I think he is scum. I think he got off scott free when I believe he is the one who killed his wife and Ron (funny how they just stopped looking for the criminal after his trial). I think he should pay for what I believe he's done.

But...

I don't think this is the case to do it in obviously. Take the fact that he's OJ Simpson- the scum of the earth, out of the equation. What if it were you or I, or someone we knew? Would we want to be tried on our present state, or all our past crimes-- ones that we weren't convicted of? Of course not.

We have the justice system set up in such a way to protect our rights. Sadly, it isn't always fair to the victims, but 12 people found him not guilty in his murder trial. For that fact, he should be tried as just a man based on this evidence for this crime. If convicted this time, I'm sure someone will beat the snot out of him in jail anyways.

p.s. To anyone who buys his book: you're one sick mf!

These are the actual charges, from the News last night:

The former football star, 60, has been charged with two counts of robbery with a deadly weapon, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, conspiracy to commit burglary and burglary with a firearm, said Las Vegas Police Capt. James Dillon at a 4 p.m. press conference.

A conviction on the most serious charge, robbery with use of a deadly weapon, could bring a sentence of three to 35 years for each count, Clark County District Attorney David Roger told the Associated Press.

Popular consensus among legal people (including those who have defended OJ since the murder charge) is that he'll be going to jail for a long, long time, possibly a life sentence.

And that's based strictly on these charges, and would apply the same to anyone else.

Having been a victim of a robbery at gunpoint, I hope he DOES go to jail for a long, long time. My experience was a frightening ordeal, one that I wouldn't wish on most anyone. I'm sure that what went on in that hotel room was a lot more threatening, though, especially considering there was more than one robber.

BTW .... I wish this topic wasn't in "Celebrities". That's what he wants..... to continue to be famous. I do NOT consider him a celebrity.

Can we start one called slimebag or something? :lol:

I bought the OJ Simpson book. Probably won't even read it. But it's my personal contirbution to the Goldman family.

I wish someone would set up a fund instead. I hate how it's twisted to get ppl to think they are actually helping the family by purchasing this book (help I would imagine they would rather forego than support this piece of crap who exploits their son's death and apparently makes him sound deserving of it...but yet who gets the bigger chunk...apparently the family only get $0.17 anyhow). By having a fund set up instead , you're not giving them $0.17 (I heard this on Oprah btw), you'd be giving them full $20 you'd spend on the book (or whatever else you want to give). Really, I think this is a sick way to show them support. I know your heart is in the right place, but how could this kind of garbage really help anyone? It only serves to taint their name and mock their death. No amount of money would help... it's blood money... even if I desperately needed it, surely there's another way to rally support.

Just heard on CNN this morning, one of the two "collectors" has recanted and now says that he was not robbed at gunpoint. he is now saying that OJ did not have a weapon, that he and several men came into the hotel room and took items. Basically he's accussing OJ of glorified purse snatching.

The shame and anger people feel towards OJ Simpson should be directed to the LAPD. Not only did they supposedly "drop the ball" but they have stopped looking for more evidence. Maybe OJ didn't do it. They have done NOTHING, provided NO EVIDENCE. They are letting a killer walk the streets and they should be ashamed.

And to say that OJ in not a celebrity, well he maight not be a Paris Hilton sized celebrity but the man will be in the NFL hall of fame. Before the murder of Nicole Simpson & Ron Goldman, OJ Simpson was an incrediblely high priced motivational speaker for Fortune 500 companies and was featured in many movies. Before and after the trial, OJ Simpson is still one of the most recognizable athletes in the world. Just because he's not Brittany Spears doesn't mean he isn't a celebrity.

The shame and anger people feel towards OJ Simpson should be directed to the LAPD. Not only did they supposedly "drop the ball" but they have stopped looking for more evidence. Maybe OJ didn't do it. They have done NOTHING, provided NO EVIDENCE. They are letting a killer walk the streets and they should be ashamed.

Do you know what you are talking about? I happen to know many people involved in the case. Why has OJ never looked for the "real" killer like he said he was going to?

They had lots and lots of evidence but a retarded jury refused to convict OJ. Ok just some were retarded and the others bought into the LAPD incompedence and refused to look at the tons of evidence in front of them.

How can you say NO EVIDENCE. Whaaaaaaaaaaaat???? huh??? There was never more evidence where they had somene go free.

deep breaths......

Why has OJ never looked for the "real" killer like he said he was going to

Because last time I checked it wasn't his job. Should OJ become a vigilante? IMO, the "tons of evidence" was pretty circumstantial. Was there an eye witness that I missed?

Besides, we aren't talking about the past. It's over. OJ has been arrested for armed robbery. One of his supposed "victims" is now saying it wasn't armed robbery. So now what? Should he be treated like any other robber?

Why has OJ never looked for the "real" killer like he said he was going to

Because OJ already knows who/where the killer is.......in the MIRROR

Because last time I checked it wasn't his job. Should OJ become a vigilante?

All I know is if someone I "loved", particularly my children's parent, was murdered and I felt that the only suspect was not the correct murderer, I would be moving heaven & earth to find the "real" murderer !!

If not for my children or not for the love of the victim then certainly to (try) to clear my name !!

Not to mention, he has the recourses ( money ) to do so !!

Archived