Why Do New Topics Show Up As Posts In Another Topic

although everything thats said has already been said before. If they wanna keep things tidy they should just get rid of every topic then. Its not like everything hasn't been repeated a million times over. So if I would like to post a topic feeling like I said something that at least 2 people might see it gets moved to a place where nobody sees it. Well thats just very gratifying. Just makes me really want to interact. I know that this site gets WAAY more hits than yahoo answers, like who has even heard of Yahoo c,mon but somehow they get away without doing such a thing.

:huh:

what makes you think nobody sees it? when people see that a thread has new posts, they click on the last page of it.. and read all the new posts. and the threads on the first page are very popular... people read them.. i am sure more than just 2 people saw your post. i know i saw it.

its when there are a ton of new threads that things get bogged down... thats when nobody reads stuff. if i see 5 threads all named "i am mad dick won"... i am not going to go read each and every one of them. but if they all get merged, then i will read the whole thread.

Well, why start topics if you want to discuss something that already has a topic? Sounds simple to me.

Besides, any topic that is currently being discussed, gets shuffled to the top.

And if you click on the orange square before the title, it will take you to the first post in that topic that you haven't read yet.

What orange box, if you are talkin about the little thingy at the left of the threads, I thought it looked like a little suitcase, I need to go look now, I may have missed something,lolok, now I see what y'all are talkin about the little teeny orange box,lol

Wow now I don't feel so embarassed. Fatcat you have been here as long as me. That little orange box, if you click it, it will take you right to the first post you haven't read in the thread. It's an awesome thing. :):clap:

And..... if you use the back arrow to go out of the thread, instead of constantly hitting new posts, click on the little orange box again and it will take you to the newest post, even if you haven't refreshed the page.

Good stuff folks. Good stuff. :D

Imagine that, I am gonna start using this feature, instead of my old way lol

Thanks for exsplaining the little orange box.....going to SAVE me lots of

time... I never even noticed it before....new to message boards I'm kinda

scared to click on some of those things....lol

Archived