Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

WEEKLY SPOILERS: ALL SHOWS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, SOAP PREVIEWS

All My Children

Devious doc David Hayward coaxes an emotional Dixie into a kiss. Feeling claustrophobic inside the coffin, Greg is finally ready to reveal his secrets to his captor. JR and Babe make love after the Chandler heirhead gives her two huge gifts. Kendall tries to change her bitchy ways.

General Hospital
Manny threatens little Kristina's life to make Sam go with him quietly. Later, he holds Sam prisoner in the basement at General Hospital. After an argument with Robin, Patrick makes a lusty move on Carly. Port Charles mourns Justus Ward at his funeral. Luke feels the need to reconnect with Laura on this sad occasion. The disturbed Sonny looks to Jason for help. Old sparks fly between Carly and Sonny when she involves herself in her mobster ex's troubles.

One Life to Live
Todd brings together his friends and enemies at the Llanview Country Club. Evangeline refuses to help Todd seek revenge. Blair works even harder to expose Spencer's treachery. Viki makes a tearful confession to Jessica. The stalker has another creepy gift for Adriana. Claudia gets closer to Nash. Matthew visits a couple of his ailing relatives. (Is Marcie raising Todd's baby?

As the World Turns
Johnny's health is perfect, but his mother, Jennifer, comes down with pneumonia. Katie finds out some intriguing info about Simon's current life situation. A guy from Maddie's past messes up her relationship with Casey. Damian deceives Luke to keep him away from his other father, Holden.

The Bold and the Beautiful
Dante and Bridget make love. Felicia is all fired up over her half sister's passionate connection to the Italian stallion. Brooke and Ridge share an

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

All My Children

The body of Dr. Greg Madden is discovered in the Pine Valley park. Josh Madden

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

All My Children

Ryan has a secretive guest staying in his penthouse. Zach consoles Kendall as she worries that the late, hated Dr. Greg Madden could be Spike's biological father. Later, Kendall insists that Erica spill the secret she's been keeping about Greg. J.R. and Jamie find out the identity of their blackmailer. An old flame still flickers between Tad and Krystal.

General Hospital
Robert Scorpio interferes with Anna Devane's plans for Alcazar. Stepdaddy Ric's prying eyes make Sam uncomfortable. Carly feels like the most popular bad girl in Port Charles. Jason considers himself responsible for Sonny's mental breakdown and tries to make amends. Maxie is determined to break up Lucky and Liz.

One Life to Live
David pleads guilty to Thomas McBain's murder, but John senses that the whole truth is not out. Blair serves Dr. Spencer Truman a spiked drink to make him reveal his secrets. Todd makes his own move against the dirty doc. Todd also has an intriguing proposition for Dorian. Rex whisks Adriana away from Llanview to protect her from the stalker.

As the World Turns
Katie is miffed at Simon when his silly scheme is debunked by Mike. Emily plots to escape from the mental ward. Maddie goes a bit mental herself when she catches Casey canoodling with another girl. Lucy gains a sneaky new ally. More than one stubborn Oakdale resident has a pleasant change of heart. (ATWT suffered a terrible blow this week with the loss of Daytime Emmy winner Benjamin Hendrickson, who played Hal. Click here for the full story.) Mortys> Celebrities > Obituaries

The Forresters celebrate the birthday of Darla and Thorne's daughter, Alexandria. Felicia is determined to win back Dante. Nick and Brooke enjoy a romantic getaway. A worried Thomas tells Ridge about Taylor's excessive boozing. Phoebe returns home from college. Tragedy strikes one B&B character, while someone else feels terribly guilty about it.

Guiding Light
During the process of planning her wedding, Dinah hurts the wrong lady's feelings. Cassie tries to push Josh back to Reva, but their mutual feelings can't be denied. Lizzie makes controversial plans for her unborn baby's future. Olivia has catty encounters with Harley and Ava.

The Young and the Restless
Victor has strange visions of his former wife, Hope. Thanks to an accident, Phyllis' pregnancy is no longer a secret to anyone in Genoa City. The redhead prays Jack and Daniel will stick by her. Meanwhile, the shaky union of Sharon and Nick is strained by the possibility that Phyllis just might be carrying a Newman heir. Colleen and Lily are scared by threatening messages that may be linked to Brad's mysterious past.

Days of our Lives
Chelsea is jealous of the attraction between Max and Stephanie. Kayla has a mother-daughter reunion with Stephanie. Belle, Shawn, Mimi and Philip find out about a disappointing fertility issue. A stray candle makes Lucas and Carrie's honeymoon hotter than necessary. Sami gets an anonymous note delivered by that mystery skulker with the gloved hand. Frankie thinks he knows how to save Jack's life.

Passions
The stressed-out Sheridan goes into labor. Fox catches Kay seducing Miguel in the shower. Esme calls Fancy on her romantic feelings for Luis. Luis must once again choose between saving Fancy's life and reuniting with his son, Marty. Later, Luis' manhunt for Alistair, Beth and Marty ends with yet another explosion. Eve's lingering love for T.C. worries Julian. Ethan's life is threatened. Chris' cover-up isn't entirely successful.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, SOAP NEWS

It's Official! Ingo Stays on General Hospital

On the heels of the news that Tyler Christopher (Nikolas Cassadine) is staying on General Hospital, there's even more good buzz to share.

"We are very happy Ingo Rademacher has signed on to stay in the role of Jasper "Jax" Jacks on General Hospital," the soap's spokesperson tells TVGuide.com. "We look forward to continuing the character's story line in mid-August."

Rademacher

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

All My Children

Zach presses Erica to tell Kendall that Josh is her half brother. Ryan won't give up his fatherly claim on baby Spike. Jamie and Julia get more serious about each other. Babe thinks she has discovered the identity of Dr. Greg Madden's killer. Josh tempts Babe to run away from Pine Valley with him. Lily's Manhattan molester comes back to haunt her.

General Hospital
Ric and Alexis scheme together to bring Jason down. Carly tries not to allow herself to fall head over high heels with Sonny again. Sonny is haunted by the past during his first therapy session with Lainey. Lulu's lie about Georgie's marital infidelity is outed - for real this time. (Have you read TVGuide.com's revealing new Q&A with Kelly Monaco, who plays the sexy Sam McCall?)

One Life to Live
John and Natalie have a big revelation for David about Thomas McBain's murder. Blair grills Todd about his feelings for Evangeline. Todd sets out to ruin Cristian and Evangeline's night of romance. Nash takes drastic action to make his dreams come true. Paige and Roxy become unlikely gal pals.

As the World Turns
Dusty makes a surprise appearance in the courtroom at Emily's trial. Luke drinks and drives. The traumatized Maddie reveals that she was once raped. A sexy investor wants to finance Carly's new interior decorating business. Gwen is suspicious of the strange vibes between Will and Jade. Someone in Oakdale dies a violent death!

The Forrester family is devastated when Darla is fatally injured in a car accident

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

All My Children

The DNA test results are in: Ryan and Kendall have confirmation of Spike's true paternity. Rihanna performs at the opening of ConFusion on Tuesday, July 27. Erica is accused of Dr. Greg Madden's murder in a very public and embarrassing way. A sexual revelation leads Tad and Di to split up permanently. Zach and Dixie search for Kate. Josh and Babe land in a potentially lethal situation.

General Hospital
Lucky finally succumbs to temptation and makes love to Maxie. Lainey diagnoses Sonny with bipolar disorder. Jason tells Sonny the truth about Ric's cruel mind games. Alexis and Ric fight over Sonny. Elizabeth tells Jason about something shady she did. Dr. Patrick Drake is exposed to infection during a medical procedure. Carly has a heart-to-heart talk with Sonny after he loses his temper in a therapy session. Jason and Sam are stranded alone together.

One Life to Live
Jessica can't help but feel moved by Nash's enduring love for Tess. Evangeline undergoes optical surgery and insists on a truce between Todd and Cristian. Later, the bandages are removed from Evangeline's eyes. John feels that he's a step closer to bringing Spencer to justice. R&B diva Mary. J. Blige performs "Be Without You" and "Take Me As I Am" at Capricorn on Friday, July 28.

As the World Turns
The comatose Lily gives birth to a son via emergency C-section. Luke prepares to leave Oakdale with Damian. Another unfortunate person in Maddie's life meets a bloody end. Carly and Simon's business partnership arouses Katie's jealousy. Paul proposes marriage to a skeptical Meg.

Stephanie plots to unseat Brooke from her executive throne at Forrester Creations. The matriarch also makes an unsubtle threat toward Nick. Scheming sister Donna eavesdrops on an emotional conversation between Brooke and Ridge. A guilt-ridden Taylor speaks at Darla's funeral. Phoebe frets as Steph starts nosing around in Taylor's life. As Bridget takes a pregnancy test, Felicia makes a seductive play for Dante.

Guiding Light
Jonathan wants to donate bone marrow to Reva despite a scary risk to his own life. Blake has romantic designs on Jeffrey. Mallet has been hiding a major secret from Dinah. Harley turns over the Spaulding Enterprises CEO position to her successor and returns to the Springfield PD. Hallelujah!

The truth about Brad's secret past is revealed. Daniel and Kevin need Gloria's help to deal with Alex the blackmailer. Dru comes home to Genoa City with hopes of repairing her marriage to Neil. Jack wickedly encourages the delusional Victor to go against medical advice.

Days of our Lives
Chelsea and Stephanie clash over Max. Patch and Kayla meet Della, a woman in Cincinnati who claims to be Patch's wife. Austin is full of surprises for Sami. The Gloved One keeps harassing Sami with more mysterious notes. The troubled Mimi confides in her brother, Patrick. Carrie tells Lexie she thinks it was a mistake to marry Lucas. Frankie plans a romantic dining experience for Jennifer.

Passions
A jealous Ethan sees Theresa and Jared sharing a sensual dance. Fox finds out that Miguel and Kay had sex. Kay later sees Siren and Fox kissing. Rebecca fuels Julian's insecurities about his future with Eve. Luis arrests Fancy. During a "battle of the sexes" baseball game, one Harmony resident is struck on the head with a baseball.

Telenovela Fires Sean Young! Tatum O'Neal Replaces Her

The patented Daniel R. Coleridge soap-opera eyebrow was raised yesterday when I attended the MyNetwork TV telenovela session at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena.

Immediately after the session, a publicist eagerly shoved a fresh press release into my hands. The document announced the casting of Tatum O'Neal in Art of Betrayal. She'll play Blythe, a mother of two sons who takes long-awaited revenge 20 years after her husband dumped her for a rich lady.

Sound familiar? It should. In early May, this TVGuide.com reporter told you Sean Young had been cast as Blythe. In fact, I interviewed Young about it on the red carpet at the Daytime Emmys.

I sought an explanation of the actress swap from Paul Buccieri, Twentieth Television's president of programming. "As we move forward with the show, we decided to go in a different direction with the character," Buccieri told TVGuide.com. "We thought Tatum fit the bill more. Blythe is not just a villain you love to hate. She is this strong-willed woman who's very tough and very devilish, but you have to have sympathy for her, too."

So is he saying Sean Young isn't sympathetic? "We absolutely love Sean," Buccieri hedged. "We think she's wonderful. We had to make a hard call here. We did what we thought was best for the character."

The gossips at MyNetwork TV's cocktail party offered up a more specific explanation for Young's ouster. There was talk of a "difficult" actress who allegedly "threw a fit" during the taping of a MyNetwork TV promotional ad and locked herself in her trailer for six hours. Would a notorious Hollywood bad girl like Sean Young do such a thing? Hey, I'm just telling you what I heard, OK?

Meanwhile, I think Tatum O'Neal is a promising pick for Art of Betrayal. The Oscar winner recently has turned in heartbreaking performances as Denis Leary's alcoholic sister, Maggie, on FX's Rescue Me.

By the way, I am highly amused by my pal Matt Roush's dispatch about that MyNetwork TV TCA session. I should point out that I definitely don't share Matt's dim view of the startup net and its lineup of telenovelas. Anybody who can put divas like Fashion House's Morgan Fairchild and Bo Derek back on nighttime soaps is OK in my book. The trashier, the better!
Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 07/21/2006 2:28 PM

B&B's Jack Wagner Is Tee'd Off!
Kudos to Jack Wagner (Nick, The Bold and the Beautiful) for winning the 17th Annual American Century Tahoe Celebrity Golf Championship.

It's Wagner's first win at this tournament; he's played in all 17 years of it. It's also the first time an amateur athlete has ever won. Score!

"Golf is a humbling game," Wagner says. "But this time around I found a form of humility that gave me the strength to win. The thanks goes to my son Peter, who caddied for me and who continuously reminded me to stay focused on the moment at hand, let go of what had just happened, and not worry about what might happen next. Peter was the angel carrying my bag."
Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 07/20/2006 5:41 PM

Scrubs Surgeon Joins As the World Turns
As the World Turns has cast Scrubs actor Robert Maschio in the short-term role of Maddie's brother-in-law, Louis Browning. Louis will try to help young Maddie (Alexandra Chando) with her mental problems stemming from her long-ago rape. Expect Louis to butt heads with Maddie's protective big brother, Henry (Trent Dawson).

On Scrubs, Maschio plays "The Todd," an obnoxious surgeon at Sacred Heart Hospital who just loves high-fiving people all the time.
Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 07/19/2006 4:19 PM

Days of our Lives: Who Is the Gloved One?
No, kids, I wasn't talking about Michael Jackson in the headline.

I mean that mysterious troublemaker who has been skulking around Salem on Days of our Lives. He or she appears to be wearing rubber gloves like the ones I use to wash my dishes at home. So who is it?

TVGuide.com hears that Days planned to bring back Heather Lindell as loon-a-chick heiress Jan Spears. It would make sense if Jan were the Gloved One, since she is a scheming weirdo and bears grudges against Mimi and Sami.

However, the word is that Jan's return may not actually happen because the NBC soap is in the midst of creatively transitioning between outgoing head writer James E. Reilly and the new top scribe, Hogan Sheffer.

Here's the official word for now:

"We are thrilled that the gloved hand has piqued such interest with the viewers!" the Days spokesperson tells TVGuide.com. "All sorts of speculation is flying. Is it Stefano? Is it Tony? Jan is just the latest guess of the week. The fans will have to continue to watch the story unfold... and realize that we are on the verge of our new head writer's vision coming into focus."
Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 07/18/2006 8:28 PM

Days of our Lives Drops Osama's Ex-Mistress
Kola Boof

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, SOAP REVIEW

All My Children
Erica blasts JR for his nasty stunt. Zach warns Dixie that JR will have to pay for his sins. Josh and Babe are feared dead. Tad has big news for Kendall.

General Hospital
Carly reminds Sonny about all the good times they shared together in the past. Sonny and Emily bring their tragic relationship to a tearful end. Elizabeth deals with the truth about Lucky's pill addiction. Alcazar plots to destroy Sonny and Jason. Nikolas decides to give his infant son, John, a new name.

One Life to Live
Ricky tells Starr he is moving away from Llanview. Later, Starr's summertime pursuits land her in the emergency room. In other medical news, Evangeline learns the results of her optical operation. Adriana gets paranoid about Rex. Bo and Blair work together to get incriminating evidence on Spencer. Speaking of schemes, Spencer lays a trap to test Blair's loyalty to him. Clint and Dorian make love and share juicy pillowtalk about one Llanviewer's secrets.

As the World Turns
Lucy moves into Fairwinds with Damian Grimaldi. Dusty is suspicious of whatever's going on between Lucy and Damian. The pregnant Emily has a health scare. Maddie exposes Will's extramarital infidelity with Jade. Although Carly knows Simon's just using her to make Katie jealous, she finds herself tempted by the Aussie hottie. (ATWT has recast Craig Montgomery. Find out the scoop right here.)(EDIT: see below)

Donna steps into Brooke's high heels as the new spokesmodel for the Brooke's Bedroom line

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

All My Children
Jackson Montgomery uses drastic legal measures to break up Lily and Jonathan. Babe gives Josh that dreaded "just friends" speech no guy wants to hear. Meanwhile, Tad fuels Kendall's jealousy over her husband's so-called friendship with Dixie. An intruder busts into Erica's posh home.

General Hospital
Sonny reasserts his Mob-sculity at an underworld business meeting. Jason's jealousy erupts when he finds Sam looking way too cozy with her sexy stepdaddy, Ric. Alexis has a medical scare. Nurse Liz confronts Lucky and Maxie about their shady involvement. Carly grabs her kids and her passport to go visit Jax abroad. A Port Charles power outage causes chaos.

One Life to Live
John McBain clears Bo's tarnished name. Meanwhile, Jessica's infant daughter, Brennan, gets a girly new nickname. Elsewhere, Rex is distressed as Adriana falls into her stalker's grim grasp. Spencer witnesses Todd and Blair kissing. Marcie and Lindsay team up for a maternal scheme. Antonio considers a new career.

As the World Turns
Lucy and Dusty encounter Maltese malevolence at Damian's Fairwinds estate. A devastated Gwen reacts swiftly to Will's betrayal. Jack is jealous when a man answers Carly's cell phone. Maddie's odd behavior continues to cause conflict within the Coleman family. The Oakdale Slasher has his or her eyes on another victim (and this one's not just an ATWT day player).

Brooke is sickened to witness Ridge and Donna in another liplock. Felicia and Dante freak out when Dino goes missing. Thorne relives sweet memories of Darla at her gravesite. Hector isn't pleased to find Taylor in Thorne's embrace. Stephanie wants to repair her broken friendship with Taylor.

Guiding Light
Josh must choose between Reva and Cassie. Dinah and Jeffrey strike an unscrupulous backroom deal regarding the Springfield mayoral race. Secrets from Jeffrey's dark past resurface to haunt him. Ava has a devious new admirer. The Cooper men fight over Olivia's actions during the Beacon Hotel fire.

Paul, J.T., Brad, Nick and Victoria race to save Sharon's life. Now that Lily knows about Daniel's dirty little secret, she questions whether she can remain his wife. The marriage of Dru and Neil is under more strain. Michael's birthday gift for John assuages the Abbott-Fisher family hostility... for now. Lauren assists Michael in his long-lost-daddy search. Hope is there for Victor on his "spiritual journey."

Days of our Lives
Jack moves back home and finds Jennifer and Frankie together in his bedroom. Kate has more dirty dealings with that crooked blonde policewoman, Eve. EJ offers his help to Carrie and Lucas. Shawn asks Belle to return a cherished ring he once gave to her. John welcomes Marlena home at the Salem airport. Patch and Bo join forces to accomplish their goals: Naturally, Bo wants Hope back, while Patch needs to know who erased his memories of Kayla and their life together in Salem.

Passions
Ethan is upset to see Theresa and Jared kissing. Pilar has surprising advice for Theresa. Kay and Tabitha do witchy research for a spell to rid themselves of Siren the mermaid. Miguel suffers from hearing loss. Paloma has a new career. Two of Chris's secrets are revealed. Fancy wants Aunt Sheridan's permission to date Luis. (Awkward much?)

Teen Heartthrob Returns to Daytime Soap Roots

Jesse McCartney by Keith MunyanPop star Jesse McCartney scored his big break on All My Children, where he played JR Chandler from 1998 to 2001. Five years later, McCartney is heading back to Pine Valley! No, the 19-year-old sigh guy is not reprising his old role. Thanks to the magic of SORAS - Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome - JR is now played by Jacob Young, who turns 27 next month.

Instead, McCartney will simply appear as himself to sing at Colby Chandler's sweet 16 party in September. Funnily enough, Colby (Ambyr Childers) is JR's recently SORAS-ed baby sister! McCartney will serenade the spoiled little rich girl with the title song off his new album, Right Where You Want Me, which goes on sale Sept. 19.

McCartney tapes his scenes today at the AMC set in New York City. They will air on Friday, Sept. 8 and Tuesday, Sept. 12.

"It's a cool homecoming for Jesse," the Summerland alum's rep tells TVGuide.com. "It's nice for him to be returning to daytime as a star and not just a guy in need of a gig!"

Oh, and just FYI, Colby's sweet 16 bash is actually a joint event with her new gal pal, Sydney (Taylor Gildersleeve). McCartney is Colby's teen singer of choice, while Sydney's pick is female songbird Jordan Pruitt, who will also perform on AMC. Both McCartney and Pruitt are Hollywood Records artists and fan favorites among the Radio Disney set.

By the way, that's why Colby and Sydney's sweet 16 will be held at the Pine Valley yacht club, rather than at ConFusion. Nobody in attendance would even be of legal age to party in an adult nightclub!

Suddenly, I feel really old.
Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 08/4/2006 12:17 AM

Young and the Restless Kills Off Beloved Veteran

Young and the Restless star Jerry Douglas is a goner.

The Hollywood vet

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, SOAP, PREVIEW

All My Children

The jealous Dr. David Hayward thinks Dixie is trysting with Zach

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, SOAP PREVIEW

All My Children

The legal heat is turned up on Zach and Dixie in Greg's murder case. Tad's dark anger scares Dixie. Lily plans to meet a new "friend" from an online chatroom. Sean enjoys watching Colby and Sydney feud over him. Josh and Babe end up in the shower together!

General Hospital
The news of Alexis' lung-cancer diagnosis gives her cheating hubby, Ric, major pangs of guilt. Jason comforts Sam as she worries about her mother's ill health. Liz wants to keep her one-night stand with Jason a secret. Robin takes a patient's death very hard. The pregnant and confused Lulu visits her mom, Laura, in the mental institution. Maxie uses Lucky's pharmaceutical weakness to get some more lovin' from him.

One Life to Live
Todd is not happy with Blair's answer to "the big question." Lindsay's jealous ranting only drives RJ closer to her archrival, Nora. Evangeline and Cristian make passionate, sweet love for the very first time. Adriana's stalker, Bruce, continues to toy with the worried Dorian and Rex. Kelly's unborn baby is in jeopardy. Jessica goes deeper in dealing with her childhood abuse.

As the World Turns
Luke takes on a special new responsibility in the Snyder family. Henry figures out the identity of Maddie's rapist. Meg gets her old nursing job back at Memorial Hospital. Jack experiences fatherly jealousy when little JJ finds a new role model in Oakdale. Mike tattles to Carly about Simon's latest shady move. In an effort to save his marriage, Will follows Gwen and Casey on their getaway to Raven Lake. The Slasher comes along for the rustic fun, too.

L.A. newcomer Harry (Ben Hogestyn) surprises Nick aboard the Shady Marlin. Taylor has unpleasant news for Hector, who later receives an intriguing offer from Stephanie Forrester. Thorne and Taylor share a steamy kiss! Brooke sees red when Donna and Ridge appear together on The Rich Ginger Show. Alan Thicke guest stars as sleazy talk-show host Rich Ginger.

Guiding Light
The Springfield Burns website dredges up a painful chapter in Olivia's past. The evil website also hurts an innocent person who is close to Josh and Cassie. Mallet confronts Dinah about her arson at the Beacon hotel. A third party poses a threat to Mel and Rick's already-strained marriage. Alan Michael behaves lecherously toward a desperate woman in need of his help.

Nikki is thrilled when Victor returns to Genoa City. Jack, Ashley and Gloria argue over John Abbott's funeral arrangements. Michael, Lauren, and Kevin are deeply offended by Jack's latest attack on Gloria. As she grieves for her grandpa, Colleen finds comfort in J.T.'s arms. Sharon's mental state is a serious concern for Nick as he starts his new life with Phyllis.

Days of our Lives
Shawn is hospitalized after foolishly trying to drink Philip under the table. Abby gets nasty with her stepdaddy, Frankie. Chelsea does a good deed... sort of. Dr. Lexie Carver wants Shawn and Philip to submit DNA samples for a paternity test on Claire. Sami's wedding day is a glorious disaster as expected. Later on, Sami and EJ are arrested!

Passions
Luis and Sheridan's passions are reignited as they sensually dance the tango together. Sheridan catches Chris in conversation with the sleazy Spike. Luis seeks justice against Pilar's assailant. Gwen's scheme angers Ethan. Jared helps Theresa stand up to Julian and Ethan in the matter of her son's custody. Kay blurts out a confession of love to Miguel. Vote your verdict on Adrian Bellani as the NuMiguel in our new Soaps Poll.

The Young and the Restless Recasts Brad's Jewish Mom

Viewers of The Young and the Restless recently learned that Genoa City skirt-chaser Brad Carlton (Don Diamont) is really George Kaplan, the son of Rebecca Kaplan, an Italian-Jewish Holocaust survivor. The heroic Rebecca has dedicated her life to returning Nazi-looted art treasures to their rightful Jewish owners.

Y&R has just announced that the role of Rebecca, who's been played by The Diary of Anne Frank star Millie Perkins, is being recast.

Starting Sept. 19, Lorna Raver steps into Rebecca's shoes. She's guest-starred on many top TV series including Boston Legal, Desperate Housewives, ER, Gilmore Girls, Malcolm in the Middle and NYPD Blue.

Why the actress swap? "Although we were happy with Millie Perkins' performance and we respect her work, we decided to go in a different direction for the role of Rebecca," Y&R's head writer, Lynn Marie Latham, told TVGuide.com via e-mail.
Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 08/18/2006 8:10 PM

Days of our Lives Seeks New Shawn Brady, Etc.
I Wanna Be a Soap Star judge Michael Bruno, who also manages many soap actors' careers, often has suds fans buzzing about the daytime dish on his talent agency's website.

Currently, the site says his cute client, Spencer Hill, is testing for the role of Shawn Brady on Days of our Lives. (Jason Cook is said to be leaving the NBC sudser this fall, along with Kyle Brandt, aka Philip, and Mimi herself, Farah Fath.)

What's more, Bruno also has four clients up for gigs on The Young and the Restless: Soap Star finalist BethAnn Bonner, Robyn Richards (ex-Maxie, General Hospital), Jessica Morris (ex-Jennifer, One Life to Live) and Jade Harlow (ex-Jessica, Passions).
Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 08/17/2006 10:36 PM

General Hospital: Double Video Preview!

Kelly Monaco by Adam Larkey/ABCThis Friday, August 18, is a very emotional day for Kelly Monaco's character, Sam McCall, on ABC's General Hospital. And TVGuide.com has two juicy video preview clips to prove it!

In the first clip, Sam talks with mobster boyfriend Jason (Steve Burton) about her recent tryst with sexy stepdaddy Ric (Rick Hearst). Then Jason has a racy revelation of his own to share: After witnessing Sam's sin, he went and got busy with his ex-girlfriend, Liz (Rebecca Herbst)!

Click here to watch that uncomfortable conversation, kids.

In the second clip, Sam finds out that her long-lost mother, Alexis (Nancy Lee Grahn), has lung cancer. Poor Alexis. She has the big C and her husband hooked up with her daughter?! Sheesh. When our heroines suffer on the soaps, they really suffer, don't they?

Click here for a sneak peek at Alexis' tragic confession to Sam.

Enjoy the drama! By the way, thanks to all this sex in the afternoon, SOAPnet's same-day GH reruns are attracting more viewers than ever. I attribute this entirely to Steve Burton's recent, oh-so-rare shirtless scenes.

No, seriously! You wouldn't believe how much enthusiastic e-mail I'm getting (both here and on my MySpace page) from happy girls 'n gays who really wish Steve would bare his manly chest more often.

Enough with those boring gray T-shirts! I don't mean to advocate hunk-sploitation, but it's clear that Mr. Burton hits the gym religiously, so he needs to let his fans enjoy the rippling payoff.

Am I right or am I wrong? Discuss.
Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 08/17/2006 9:56 PM

Eden Riegel Returns to All My Children on Contract!

Eden Riegel courtesy ABCFYI: Due to technical difficulties, our readers were unable to comment on this story when it was originally posted on Wednesday. You can now feel free to comment away on Eden's return!

Hallelujah! All your fervent prayers for the return of the patron saint of gay soap characters have been answered.

Daytime Emmy winner Eden Riegel is going back to All My Children as Bianca Montgomery, the iconic role she played from July 2000 to February 2005. Riegel has briefly revisited her ABC soap three times since Bianca relocated to Paris. However, she has just signed a longer-term contract with AMC. Riegel goes back to work on Sept. 12; she first airs on Oct. 11. Save the date!

"I am thrilled to have Eden return to All My Children," executive producer Julie Hanan Carruthers said in a statement. "She continues to be a cherished member of this talented ensemble. Bianca's presence enriches the canvas, and we all look forward to having her back home."

So do we! Riegel rang up TVGuide.com this morning to chatter about the great news. Here's our Q&A.

TVGuide.com: Welcome back. So this is a contract role, but you can't specify the length.
Eden Riegel:
[Chuckles] Yeah, that's the party line.

TVGuide.com: But this comeback will last much longer than just a few weeks, right?
Riegel:
Exactly. That's definitely the case.

TVGuide.com: How did AMC persuade you to return to daytime on a longer-term basis?
Riegel:
They made me an offer that was impossible to refuse. It's an opportunity to come back to a place that I love and have new challenges as an actor. At the same time, I can still have my life in L.A. I'm going to be living a very bicoastal existence.

TVGuide.com: How many days a week will you tape at AMC?
Riegel:
[My schedule] will be fluid. Now that I've caught the theater bug again, New York is also a good place to be to feed my craving. And yet I can do all that without having to say goodbye to people I have grown to love. It's worked out perfectly! They are very sensitive to the fact that there are other things in my life that are important besides the show. It's going to work it out that I can have it all. I'd be an idiot to turn it down!

TVGuide.com: You mentioned people you love in L.A. Is there someone special in your life?
Riegel:
I definitely do, yes. I'm sure you'll meet him.

TVGuide.com: Cool. Your fans seem positively rabid in their desire to have Bianca back in Pine Valley!
Riegel:
Totally! They are just about the most dedicated group of fans you can imagine. I don't think they're gonna let up. They haven't forgetten me yet! I think I owe them my job.

TVGuide.com: We both do, Eden. If people didn't love their soaps so much, neither of us would be employed.
Riegel:
That's very true. When I did Thoroughly Modern Millie on stage in Boston, the fans told me they missed Bianca. Whenever I see them on the street, in the shop, on airplanes, everywhere, they tell me. I think Bianca is a good presence in Pine Valley. She's a peacemaker who brings people together. The rest of the town is so crazy!

TVGuide.com: How unique she is. Soaps are supposed to cater to "mainstream" America, but a gay woman is Pine Valley's most decent, moral citizen.
Riegel:
Yes, it's funny that Bianca is supposedly on the fringes of society, and yet she's the one keeps others morally in check. During the baby-switch saga, [ABC Daytime chief] Brian Frons mentioned, "Isn't it amazing that the whole country

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Corutesy of: TV GUIDE, SOAP PREVIEW

All My Children

After he makes Zach and Dixie's life very difficult, Tad's own life gets much, much worse. Derek Frye grills J.R. and Jamie about some missing evidence. Ryan blasts Zach for hurting Kendall. Lily is horrified to discover that the pervy Terry is her online "friend."

General Hospital
Jax and Carly have an uneasy reunion. The pill-popping Lucky suffers harsh withdrawal symptoms. Alexis tells Jason and Sam to stay apart, but Sonny thinks the exes should get back together. Sonny finds out that his privacy has been violated. Lulu considers an abortion. Carly is clued in about an enemy's sexy secret.

One Life to Live
Dorian and Rex forge an uncomfortable alliance to save Adriana's life. Blair implores Todd to cooperate with her scheme to scam Spencer. The devious Dr. Truman later pays for his wicked ways. Jessica undergoes hypnosis in her quest to integrate her personalities.

As the World Turns
Someone discovers Carly all alone with a naked Simon. Meg finally decides to say yes to Paul's marriage proposal. Two important people in Maddie's life are knifed by the Slasher. More Oakdale residents learn that Luke's gay, including his grandma, Emma Snyder. Later, Luke heroically saves the life of a handsome young man.

L.A. newcomer Harry (Ben Hogestyn) surprises Nick aboard the Shady Marlin. Taylor has unpleasant news for Hector, who later receives an intriguing offer from Stephanie Forrester. Thorne and Taylor share a steamy kiss! Brooke sees red when Donna and Ridge appear together on The Rich Ginger Show. Alan Thicke guest stars as sleazy talk-show host Rich Ginger.

Guiding Light
Springfield sisters Reva and Cassie have a war of words on the touchy subject of Josh. An enemy has incriminating dirt on Beth. The Spauldings have their dramatic day in court. Olivia blames Ava for Emma's accident and wants the young woman to pay dearly. Jeffrey wants Dinah to betray Mallet for him.

The Abbotts and the Fishers do battle over John's last will and testament. While Jack wants to erase Gloria from his family, John's final wishes make that impossible. Sharon isn't pleased that Nick and Phyllis want to tell Noah about their baby. Gal pals Sharon and Dru support each other as their marital troubles continue. Daniel asks Lily out on a date.

Days of our Lives
Lexie tells Tek about her telephone phone call from someone with a mechanically-disguised voice. The same mysterious caller dials up Sami. Roman advises Abe to deceive Lexie for the sake of an undercover mission. John and Marlena discover evidence of a chilling murder in Salem. Patch has dirt on that dirty policewoman, Eve.

Passions
Jessica, Jared and Spike are all bruised and battered this week in Harmony. Luis discovers Fancy floating face down in the Crane swimming pool. Kay and Endora make Fox perform absurd rituals to break the mermaid curse. Ethan walks in on Theresa and Jared in the midst of making love. Later, Ethan and Theresa end up in bed together!

As the World Turns: Luke Comes Out

When you read that headline, you may have thought, "Wait, isn't Luke (Van Hansis) out already?" Well, coming out of the closet is a gradual process. Next week, As the World Turns' gay teen shares the truth about his sexual orientation with some more Oakdale residents... including Kevin, the guy he's been crushing on for quite some time.

Here's a video preview clip of Luke's confession to Kevin in the Monday, August 28 episode.
Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 08/25/2006 8:35 PM

Exclusive Q&A with Days of our Lives Star Austin Peck
We've got Austin Peck's first interview since the news broke that he and Christie Clark will be written off the canvas of NBC's Days of our Lives.

Click over and read it in my Daniel's Dish blog!
Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 08/25/2006 12:21 AM

One Life to Live Hunk Fired

Dan Gauthier by Yolanda Perez/ABCSad news, soap fans. Per the official website of One Life to Live's Dan Gauthier (Kevin), the actor was fired from his ABC soap yesterday.

"As of August 23, 2006, Dan has been released from One Life to Live," the site says. "The reason stated to Dan was that the focus groups do not like the character of Kevin. They stated that they do not plan to recast the character, but Kevin will be written off as of November 2006."

An OLTL spokesperson had no comment on the Internet statement, but did confirm that Gauthier will last air in November.

My take? Kevin Buchanan has been a pretty unlikable bastard lately. He went sterile, became an alcoholic and turned downright surly. We didn't even feel all that sorry for him when Kelly (Heather Tom) slept with his son, Duke (Matthew Metzger), because Kevin had been so damn nasty to her!

So I'm not surprised to hear that ABC's focus groups dislike Kevin. Of course, it's certainly not Dan Gauthier's fault that his character has been written into a corner. OLTL has never quite known what to do with Viki's sons, Kevin and Joey. Both characters have been recast and reimagined many times

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

All My Children

Terry is closer to luring Lily into his pervy grasp. Amanda confesses to someone that she's fallen in love with Jonathan. Babe clings to her marriage despite feeling increasingly drawn to Josh. Kendall fights with Zach over his loyalty to Dixie. Livia learns what Jamal has really been doing with his life. Jamie has tough choices to make about his future. Spoiled brattishness abounds at Colby's sweet-16 party, where Jesse McCartney (ex-JR, AMC) performs his pop music. There's more on Jesse's return to AMC right here. (EDIT: see below)

General Hospital
As her medical condition worsens, Alexis tries to push Sam and Ric into spending time together. Town shrink Lainey finds this very strange. That weirdo Nanny Colleen lusts after Nikolas. Luke prevents the Quartermaines from legally manipulating Lulu. Luke later promises Lulu that he will support whatever she decides to do about her pregnancy. Turns out, Nurse Liz is also pregnant, but who's the daddy? Is it her pill-popping husband, Lucky, or her mobster ex, Jason?

One Life to Live
In the Labor Day episode on Sept. 4, OLTL reruns "Todd's execution." When fresh episodes begin airing again on Sept. 5, Nash is afraid the "Tess" side of Jessica's mind is gone forever. Blair is jealous of Todd and Evangeline. John McBain finds good dirt while snooping in Spencer's office. Rex and Dorian save Adriana from Bruce the stalker. Later, Adriana wants Dorian to pay for her stalker ordeal.

As the World Turns
Mike is annoyed at Katie for spreading word of their plans to start a family. Holden has a man-to-man talk with Kevin about Luke. Paul toasts his engagement to Meg, as well as his newspaper partnership with Emily. Barbara is upset that Gwen won't forgive Will's infidelity. Maddie unmasks the slasher

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

All My Children

Erica and Kendall share mother-daughter bonding time. A yachting trip goes terribly wrong for Colby and Sydney. Ryan is gunned down by someone he knows. Policeman Derek Frye has a busy week of arresting and questioning Pine Valley's guilty residents. Terry traps Lily in a secluded cabin, where the Internet perv is eager to rape the frightened teenager.

General Hospital
Carly is on a mission to destroy Ric. Sonny has harsh words for his rotten brother. Jax's date with Carly is complicated by an intrusive third party. Alexis is afraid she won't live much longer, so she shares emotional goodbyes with her loved ones. Lulu makes a final decision about her pregnancy. Elizabeth is fed up and ready to quit her messed-up marriage to Lucky.

One Life to Live
Jessica must ask herself, "Do you believe in life after multiple-personality integration?" Elsewhere, John and Hugh set a trap for the sinister Spencer. Todd feels an urge to find the missing son he had with Margaret. A Llanview lady accepts a Hispanic hunk's marriage proposal.

As the World Turns
Jade has a mind-blowing surprise for Will. Barbara tosses her famously bitchy barbs at Lucy. Simon distracts Carly from thinking about her impending divorce from Jack. Katie receives crushing news.

Ridge and Donna leave L.A. together on an overseas publicity tour for the "Brooke's Bedroom" underwear line. For little Alexandria's sake, Thorne, Taylor, Sally and Clarke decide to celebrate the late Darla's birthday. Homeless guy Shane (Dax Griffin) spies on Taylor

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

All My Children

After the boating accident, Colby hides from the law in the secret tunnels of the Chandler mansion. Colby uses this as an opportunity to eavesdrop on her stepmommy, Krystal. Jackson actually does something nice for Jonathan in court. Dixie accuses Kendall of wanting both Zach and Ryan for herself. Babe and Josh finally surrender to the sexual tension that's been simmering between them.

General Hospital
Ric enlists Alcazar's assistance in a nefarious new plan to "eliminate" his enemies. Luke seeks medical help for the catatonic Laura. Jealous mobster Sonny wants to bust up Carly's relationship with Jax. Nanny Colleen stirs up trouble for Emily at General Hospital.

One Life to Live
Llanviewers see through Dorian's false claims of innocence. Adriana still wants Dorian to pay for her role in that silly stalker ordeal. Vincent sabotages Cristian's latest boxing bout. John McBain finally acquires the damning evidence he needs to jail the devious Dr. Spencer Truman. Spencer's enemies gloat as he faces prosecution for his past misdeeds. Sadly, a nasty tragedy strikes just as John has found the justice he's sought for so long.

As the World Turns
Holden is troubled by Dr. Bob's latest report on Lily's comatose condition. Gwen's emotions explode when she finds out Jade is pregnant with Will's baby. Elsewhere, Emily is enraged to learn that Meg and Paul have been hiding their engagement from her. Oakdale busybodies Barbara and Lucinda have opposing viewpoints on Dusty's love life. After the Snyders' divorce is finalized, Jack has big-time regrets about walking away from Carly. As for Simon, that Aussie bad boy is only too happy to step up his pursuit of the newly-single Carly.

Bridget surprises her family with her sudden urge to go abroad. Later on, a fellow doctor gives Bridget important medical news that may alter her travel plans. After Shane undergoes surgery, Phoebe suggests to Taylor that the man come to stay in their house. However, Shane's strange behavior prompts Hector to run a background check on him.

Guiding Light
It's a sad day in Springfield when Reva and Josh make their divorce official. The troubled Dinah spends quality time with Vanessa and Matt. Tammy needs Remy's help to get out of a tight situation. Blake can't resist tattling someone's sexual secret. The feud between Olivia and Ava heats up... and one lady may lose her life.

Colleen returns to college, where she encounters an opinionated (and hot) new professor. After Dru's arrest for vandalizing Carmen's clothing, Dru begins to attend court-ordered therapy sessions. Jack wants to whisk Sharon off to the Caribbean. Michael and Kevin work to thwart Jack's plot to buy back Jabot. Victor returns home from the hospital, but the mogul's battle with epilepsy continues.

Days of our Lives
Claire's paternity test results stir up emotional upheaval in Salem. Jack and Jennifer make love while stranded in a cave. Bo shows Hope some intriguing evidence from Eve's murder case. Carrie tells Austin she won't couple up with him until the missing Will is found. As usual, though, Carrie is sending mixed messages to her men.

Passions
Eve breaks off her engagement to Julian. That sleazy Spike traps Theresa in a deadly situation. The two-timing Kay gets busy with Miguel and tries to hide her sexual sins from Fox. Kay also receives an offensive gift from Ivy. Fancy and Sheridan bicker over who's right for the hunky Luis.

Oh No! All My Children Fires Vincent Irizarry

ABC's All My Children is dropping daytime vet Vincent Irizarry, who has played the devious Dr. David Hayward since 1998.

"Vincent Irizarry has been a valued member of the AMC cast for many years," executive producer Julie Hanan Carruthers said in a statement. "The decision to write the David character off the canvas was both financial and storyline based. [Irizarry] is a wonderful actor and a true gentleman and I thank him for his years of dedication to the show."

Sigh. Budgetary belt-tightening like this continues to be a sad reality in daytime soaps. No word yet on Irizarry's final airdate on AMC. As for Dr. Hayward, he seems to be extra bitter and cynical ever since he suffered Dixie's most recent rejection. Hopefully, AMC will send him out of Pine Valley with a bang.

Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 09/15/06 6:02 PM

Days of our Lives Exclusive: New Writer Dishes the DiMera Dynasty
Last week, this TVGuide.com soap pundit had the great pleasure of lunching with Hogan Sheffer, the new head writer of NBC's Days of our Lives.

We spent two fascinating hours at Art's Delicatessen in Studio City, California, where we dished the current state of Salem and how he'll fix it. It's a big job, but if anyone can do it, Sheffer - who scored four Emmys while penning As the World Turns - is the guy.

During our chat, I found Sheffer to be candid, funny, down-to-earth and whip-smart. And I swear I'm not just saying that 'cause he promised he would order my new soap-opera book - although a first-time author appreciates all the support he can get!

FYI, I got way too much great soap dish to blow it all in one blog posting. So I'll be serving you my deli scoopage in delicious, digestible portions.

Let's start with Sheffer's take on the DiMera clan, that dynasty of deviants who've been stirring up terror in Salem since the '80s. "When I first got this job," Sheffer says, "everybody told me, 'You need to bring back the DiMeras.' This is the perfect time for that. I want to reward longtime Days fans by tapping the show's history of romance and old-school villains."

Need I say it? OK, I suppose I must... SPOILER ALERT!

Will Stefano DiMera return to Salem?
I outright told Sheffer that Days just shouldn't do any more DiMera stories sans Stefano DiMera, the cagey "Phoenix" himself. Daytime vet Joseph Mascolo recently left The Bold and the Beautiful, and I've heard word he's returning to Days to reprise his signature Stefano role. True?

"Our problem, at the moment," Sheffer says, "is that I don't know if [Mascolo] is willing to come back for a short span. We have to think about what to do about that. The first thing we'll do is make sure there's another generation of the DiMera family on the canvas. We need to start passing down those attributes that have been so successful to the next generation. The [younger] generation on this show is sitting around doing nothing."

Who is E.J. Wells?
British actor James Scott (ex-Ethan, All My Children) has charmed Days fans as Sami Brady's mysterious friend, E.J. Wells. It will be revealed this fall that E.J. is a member of the DiMera clan and he's also the Gloved One who's been skulking around Salem.

"He's not going anywhere," Sheffer says. "To me, he is the next generation of the DiMera family. I think it will be a huge surprise as to who he is, how he's connected and what he's been doing. I won't tell you exactly who he is. Kudos to [former Days head writer] Jim Reilly for bringing on this character and for setting up what I think will be a great mystery. That's all his stuff, not mine. The way it's going to play out is mine."

Wasn't Jan Spears supposed to be the Gloved One at one point?
"Yeah, Jan Spears," Sheffer acknowledges. "One of the other versions of that story had Tek as the gloved hand. But there are only two people involved in that gloved-hand business, E.J. and Patrick. John and Bo will figure out their connection."

E.J. Wells is not Benjy!
I recently offered up a wacky theory that E.J. is Elvis, the son of Stefano and Kristen's oddball look-alike, Susan Banks. Several TVGuide.com readers countered by speculating that E.J. is Stefano's long-lost Native American son, Benjy Hawk.

"You can say this," Sheffer says with a wink. "Benjy is a DiMera, and Benjy will be back. E.J. Wells is not Benjy, though. We will see Benjy for the first time around the end of October. Benjy will be pivotal in what's happening in the months to come." Scoop!

E.J. will have an affair with an older woman!
As Days fans know, Kate Roberts used to be Stefano's mistress. So let's keep it in the family, shall we?

"Kate and E.J. are gonna start [sleeping together]," Sheffer teases. "E.J. is everybody's type. And why wouldn't he want her? She's a sexy woman! This also gives Kate her chops back. No more Roman and Victor - none of that. When Lauren Koslow (Kate) walks into a room, she just bowls me over. She's sexy, she's a great actress, and she will be very, very busy."

Stay tuned to this blog for much more Days scoopage and insights from Hogan Sheffer. But for now, just discuss amongst yourselves!

Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 09/15/06 2:02 AM

Big Brother Bad Boy Feels Young and Restless
Reality TV troublemaker Will Kirby (Big Brother 7: All-Stars) taped a cameo appearance at the Young and the Restless set today.

Kirby (a.k.a. BB's "Dr. Evil") plays a businessman named, oddly enough, Will Kirby. On October 23, you'll see him sharing a conversation with Jack Abbott (Peter Bergman) in the hallway at Newman Enterprises.

What are they gonna do, form an evil alliance to force their enemies to eat nothing but peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a week? Seriously, I never got the appeal of Big Brother. Of course, I'll still watch Will's episode because I never miss a day of my Y&R!

Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 09/14/06 7:48 PM

All That Jazz on The Young and the Restless
Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I can't resist pointing this out...

Recently on The Young and the Restless, Neil Winters (Kristoff St. John) revealed his plans to open up a new jazz club in Genoa City. The name? Indigo. How original.

Let me refresh your memory, suds fans. Back in the '90s, Llanview businessman R.J. Gannon (Timothy D. Stickney) owned a nightclub called Indigo on One Life to Live. It burned down back in '99.

Don't get me wrong. I think a jazz club is a great idea for Y&R. Neil is so underappreciated at Newman Enterprises, and this new career direction could help freshen up the character. Plus, Y&R's bougie set really needs another posh hangout besides the Genoa City Athletic Club. I just wish Indigo were called something else!

FYI, Aaron Neville will perform "Ain't No Sunshine" and "Stand By Me" at the opening of Neil's jazz joint on October 27. I'm hoping that by then they'll come up with a new name. Any suggestions? Comment away!

Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 09/14/06 6:09 PM

Guess Who's on Fashion House Tomorrow?
FYI, that sassy Fox TV personality Jillian Barberie Reynolds (Skating with Celebrities, Good Day L.A.) will guest star on the MyNetworkTV telenovela Fashion House on Wednesday at 9 pm/ET.

"I play Alyssa McKay, who is a fashion-designer rival of Maria Gianni (Bo Derek)," Jillian tells TVGuide.com. "Our characters run into each other in a hair salon. Bo is mean, catty and bitchy to me with this chilly smile on her face. She's so cool and smooth, whereas my character wears her heart on her sleeve. She totally gets under Alyssa's skin with her rude comments. Hopefully, I'll get to do more of this stuff because I loved it!"

Hey, suds fans, what do you think of the new MyNetworkTV telenovelas, Fashion House and Desire? Comment away!

Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 09/12/06 8:28 PM

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

All My Children

Zach and Dixie are on trial for Dr. Greg Madden's murder. Brooke cautions Tad against perjuring himself in court. Zach accuses Ryan of scheming to win back Kendall's heart. Someone finds that brat Colby

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

All My Children

As the Madden murder trial ends, the jury must decide the fates of Zach and Dixie. Kendall presses Zach for the chilling truth about Dr. Madden's live burial. Ryan is annoyed by Kendall's waffling between him and Zach. Tad and Dixie have an important heart-to-heart talk. Di and Aidan kiss and make up. Babe fears Josh will tattle to JR about their affair.

General Hospital
Maxie reveals that she is preggers with Lucky's child. Meanwhile, Nurse Liz decides it's time to do a paternity test on her own unborn baby. Sam fears that she will lose Jason forever if Liz's baby turns out to be his. Meanwhile, Jason suspects that Ric and Alcazar have joined forces against him. ELQ faces a corporate crisis when the media reports on their defective Enduro condoms. Later on, a lady needs Luke's help in a foreign land.

One Life to Live
As Llanview mourns John McBain, Natalie can't help feeling that he's still alive. Asa Buchanan doesn't like Nigel the butler's questions about Spencer and that mystery lady's photograph. Things get nasty when Spencer visits his son, Hugh. Blair continues to feel jealous of Todd's friendship with Evangeline. Jessica realizes she's becoming more Tess-like when she decks Claudia!

As the World Turns
Two Oakdale residents suffer an awful loss due to the ice storm. Jack feels jealous again when Simon rescues Carly from an electrifying situation. Craig's return to Oakdale causes major friction between Lucy and Dusty. Lily's loved ones question her mental state now that she's out of her coma. Especially when Lily sees a vision of her dead twin sister, Rose, who brings her a cryptic message. Meanwhile, some folks question whether Jade is really carrying Will's child.

Taylor and Shane each have very different plans for celebrating Phoebe's 18th birthday. Stephanie wants to know what Shane is up to. Donna returns from her European press junket and immediately clashes with Brooke on the issue of Ridge. Later, Ridge returns to L.A. and gets a big surprise. Nick is all wet

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

All My Children

Colby falsely claims that Josh seduced her. The brattish teen also rubs Babe's nose in her slutty secret. Bianca Montgomery returns to Pine Valley and interrupts an argument between her siblings, Kendall and Josh. Zach is haunted by a disturbing figure from his past. Tad and Dixie finally face the question that AMC fans have been asking for months: Is Annie McDermott's little girl, Emma, really their long-lost daughter, Kate?

General Hospital
Helena Cassadine goes spying and skulking around Windemere again. Nanny Colleen serves Nikolas a cup of tainted tea. Lorenzo comes closer to catching up with Skye. Nurse Liz finds out that teen tramp Maxie is expecting Lucky's baby. Sonny learns that marriage may be in the cards for Jax and Carly. Luke feels more confident that Laura can be freed from her catatonic state. The prospect of losing Jason forever drives Sam to desperation.

One Life to Live
Jessica finds herself enjoying a sexy fantasy about Nash. Blair tempts Todd with a racy striptease. Dorian and David flirt with the idea of reuniting as lovers. A vengeful Adriana wants to make Dorian's life pure hell. Cristian figures out that his own boxing manager, Vincent, set him up to lose the fight. Evangeline has doubts about her romance with Cristian. Michael and Marcie choose godparents for little Tommy. Private eye Rex begins his search for Todd and Margaret's missing son. A Llanview lad has a big question for Asa Buchanan: "Are you my daddy?"

All My Children
Colby falsely claims that Josh seduced her. The brattish teen also rubs Babe's nose in her slutty secret. Bianca Montgomery returns to Pine Valley and interrupts an argument between her siblings, Kendall and Josh. Zach is haunted by a disturbing figure from his past. Tad and Dixie finally face the question that AMC fans have been asking for months: Is Annie McDermott's little girl, Emma, really their long-lost daughter, Kate?

General Hospital
Helena Cassadine goes spying and skulking around Windemere again. Nanny Colleen serves Nikolas a cup of tainted tea. Lorenzo comes closer to catching up with Skye. Nurse Liz finds out that teen tramp Maxie is expecting Lucky's baby. Sonny learns that marriage may be in the cards for Jax and Carly. Luke feels more confident that Laura can be freed from her catatonic state. The prospect of losing Jason forever drives Sam to desperation.

One Life to Live
Jessica finds herself enjoying a sexy fantasy about Nash. Blair tempts Todd with a racy striptease. Dorian and David flirt with the idea of reuniting as lovers. A vengeful Adriana wants to make Dorian's life pure hell. Cristian figures out that his own boxing manager, Vincent, set him up to lose the fight. Evangeline has doubts about her romance with Cristian. Michael and Marcie choose godparents for little Tommy. Private eye Rex begins his search for Todd and Margaret's missing son. A Llanview lad has a big question for Asa Buchanan: "Are you my daddy?"

As the World Turns
With their Slasher troubles behind them, Casey and Maddie are able to share a sweet, romantic moment. Jade confides in Luke that she hasn't been entirely honest about her pregnancy. Lily's visions continue nudging her to locate Rose's long-lost daughter, Theresa. Oakdale schemers Emily and Craig form an alliance. Simon engages in shady business dealings for Carly's benefit.

Ridge and Brooke share a steamy liplock. Nick tries to save his marriage by telling Brooke the truth about Bridget's unborn child. Naturally, Stephanie can't resist sharing her opinion of Brooke's love life. Meanwhile, Thorne pops the question to Taylor at the Forrester cabin in Big Bear. Later on, the Forresters are stunned when Taylor confesses her crime to all

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

All My Children

That tricky Dr. David Hayward messes with Tad, Dixie and the Chandlers. Babe is wowed when JR actually takes the moral high road for once. Despite her nagging trust issues, Kendall surrenders to her passionate feelings for Zach. Josh and Julia commiserate over their romantic problems. Bianca confronts Babe about her latest sinful betrayal. Kendall and Babe put an end to their truce. Ryan smells secrecy from Annie and wants to know what she has been keeping from him.

General Hospital
Ric's twisted wheels start to turn when he learns that Nurse Liz may be carrying Jason's child. Speaking of babies, Mac is disappointed to hear that Maxie is pregnant by a married man. Carly refuses to let her past with Sonny spoil her future with Jax. The very pregnant Skye goes into labor. Alexis worries that her family plans will fall apart. A Port Charles diva accepts a marriage proposal.

One Life to Live
A Llanview resident in recovery unfortunately falls off the wagon. David and Dorian scheme to use Spencer's secret origins against him. Meanwhile, Adriana plots to spoil Dorian's only chance to reconnect with Clint. During Spencer's trial, the devious doctor surprises the court with a big announcement. Antonio asks his rival, Nash, to be a groomsman at his wedding to Jessica. Ouch!

As the World Turns
Oakdale is offended when it looks like Craig is using Jennifer's memory for his own selfish reasons. Jade's pregnancy lies backfire on her in a big way. Just when Will's future seems bright again, he receives a very upsetting telephone call. Katie is green with jealousy over Simon's genuine feelings for Carly. Maddie tries to overcome her painful past and enjoy dating Casey.

Taylor signs her criminal confession with true remorse in her heart. Thorne has an emotional breakdown in his mother's arms and later visits Taylor behind bars. Storm Logan returns to Los Angeles to defend Taylor at her hearing. Shane wows the court with a juicy revelation. Brooke offers Ridge a comforting kiss. Actor Drew Tyler Bell returns as Ridge and Taylor's son, Thomas, starting on Friday, October 20.

Guiding Light
Ava is horrified to learn that Olivia is her biological mother. Despite this news, Ava still wants to press criminal charges against Olivia. Later, Olivia reveals another secret about Ava's origins that could change everything. Elsewhere in Springfield, Reva gets morbid and starts planning her own funeral. Dinah risks her safety to expose the "Springfield Burns" blogger. One woman's heart is broken when Jonathan is finally forced to choose between Tammy and Lizzie.

Lauren fears that Sheila will return to Genoa City to steal her baby. Victor is close to discovering that Jack has secretly purchased Kay's controlling interest in Jabot Cosmetics. Nick and Phyllis make unusual wedding plans. As Dru's trial approaches, Neil and Dru are drawn closer together. Devon struggles to live independently despite his hearing loss. Kevin's British pal, Jana, flirts with Billy Abbott. A receptive Billy offers Jana a grand tour of the fancy schmancy Chancellor estate. (News flash! Bold and the Beautiful star Adrienne Frantz is bringing her Amber Moore character to Y&R. To read TVGuide.com's full report, click right here.) (EDIT: see below)

Days of our Lives
Billie pushes Kayla to fight for Patch's love. Teen tramp Chelsea is arrested for prostitution. Tek proposes marriage to Lexie. Shawn and Willow sail stormy seas on the Fancy Face 3. Sami's deception causes a catfight. Abe takes away Bo's police badge. (For the latest scoop on departing Days stars Austin Peck and Christie Clark, click right here. To learn the future of Deidre Hall's character, Dr. Marlena Evans Black, click right here.) (EDIT: see below)

Passions
A murderer strikes at the Crane estate. Luis later makes an arrest at Sheridan's cottage. The lusty Julian and Rebecca do some fantasy roleplaying as Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Even juicier, the oversexed Rebecca gets an eyeful of Chad at the no-tell motel. Elsewhere in Harmony, Fox plots to ruin Miguel's future. Ivy and Sam want to be married right away. A major secret is finally exposed. Theresa tries to bribe that tabloid creep, J.T. Cornell, with hush money. (Get the 411 on Passions' new "Tabloid Truth" storyline by clicking right here.) (EDIT: see below)

Days of our Lives Casts Stefano DiMera's Long-Lost Son, Etc.

As loyal TVGuide.com readers will recall, Days of our Lives head writer Hogan Sheffer recently told us that Stefano DiMera's long-lost son, Benjy Hawk, would return to Salem.

Daytime newcomer Jim Lunsford joins Days as Benjy on November 10. Patch and Kayla -- who adopted Benjy back in the day -- will likely be glad to see him!

See? I told you EJ Wells, who's played by James Scott, isn't Benjy. Some of y'all didn't want to believe me.

I can't wait to find out exactly what EJ's relation to the DiMeras is. Is he Stefano's son, too? Or perhaps Tony's? Hmm...

In other Days news, you recently read right here that Chelsea will get a geeky new love interest named Nick Fallon. That role has gone to another daytime newbie, Blake Berris. BTW, Nick -- who first airs November 7 -- is the grandson of Marie Horton.
Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 10/13/06 8:39 PM

One Life to Live Casts New Marty and Another Soap Star Grad

Recently, TVGuide.com told you that Sarah Joy Brown had been in the running to play the new Dr. Marty Saybrooke on One Life to Live. That didn't pan out, but OLTL has cast another familiar face from daytime in this meaty role....

It's Christina Chambers! The actress previously portrayed Maria Torres-Evans on NBC's defunct Sunset Beach and Molly Conlan McKinnon on As the World Turns. Chambers first airs as Marty on November 17.

By the way, it's believed that Susan Haskell -- the original Marty -- isn't reprising her role because she's in the family way. Haskell and husband Thorsten Kaye (Zach, All My Children) are expecting their second child in April 2007.

In other OLTL news, Beth Ann Bonner -- a finalist from Season 3 of SOAPnet's I Wanna Be a Soap Star --- has landed the contract role of Rhanda. The character will be a Llanview P.D. officer who's rumored to have eyes for fellow cop Antonio Vega (Kamar de los Reyes). Bonner first airs on December 21.
Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 10/13/06 6:14 PM

As the World Turns Says Goodbye to Hal Munson

Back in July, we were deeply saddened by the news that daytime veteran Benjamin Hendrickson had committed suicide. The 55-year-old Daytime Emmy winner was beloved by soap-opera fans as Oakdale P.D. detective Hal Munson on CBS's As the World Turns. Hendrickson was last seen in the July 12 episode. At the time, the show's spokesperson told TVGuide.com that there were "no plans to recast" the role of Hal.

Since then, loyal World Turns viewers have been asking me what would become of the Hal character. Now, I finally have something to tell you.

In the Friday, October 20 episode, Hal's son Will (Jesse Lee Soffer) receives a heartbreaking telephone call. On Monday, October 23, we'll watch the rest of Oakdale learn that Hal was killed off-screen in the line of duty. Hal's loved ones celebrate (rather than just mourn) his life with a get-together at Yo's, a longtime local hangout.

"We all felt that we needed to give the character of Hal the respect he deserved," World Turns head writer Jean Passanante tells TVGuide.com. "It is a difficult situation. We have needed some time to let things settle. Ben had very close relationships with everybody at the show. The audience obviously adored him, too. Hal Munson, as played by Ben, was definitely a moral compass for Oakdale. We miss him."
Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 10/13/06 2:28 AM

General Hospital: An Update on Laura's Return

When exactly will Genie Francis return to General Hospital? Viewers are tired of looking at the back of Laura Spencer's catatonic head whenever her loved ones visit her at Shadybrook.

Well, we now have a first air date: Thursday, October 26!

"Thirty million people watched Luke and Laura's wedding 25 years ago, and we invite them back to General Hospital to experience the excitement that captured a nation," Disney-ABC honcho Brian Frons said in a statement. "ABC and SOAPnet are working together to celebrate the legacy of Luke and Laura. By combining our efforts, our fans will be fully immersed in the past, present and future storylines of the Spencer and Cassadine families."

SOAPnet's celebratory programming will include an hour-long special hosted by Francis and Tony Geary (Luke!), as well as their Luke and Laura 25: Something Old, Something New marathon on November 24. Here's a list of the classic episodes they plan to air. Since I was too young to watch soaps in the early '80s, I definitely won't miss these GH golden oldies this time around!

Dancing at Wyndham's - While on the run from mobster Frank Smith, Luke and Laura spend the night in Wyndham's Department Store. (Episode #146-HSP-80, original airdate 8/6/1980)

Walls of Jericho Come Down

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

All My Children

David decides to test Krystal's baby to see who's the daddy: Adam or Tad? Meanwhile, Annie truly believes that she gave birth to Emma, even though DNA says they're not mother and daughter. Josh gets a surprising job offer. The brattish Colby is determined to get the Carey women tossed out of the Chandler manse. David is out to burn JR with incendiary information. A Pine Valley couple enjoys a romantic sail on Erica Kane's yacht.

General Hospital
Laura Spencer returns to consciousness, but her mental state is very delicate. Luke keeps a secret about Laura from their children. Elizabeth's paternity test results fall into a mobster's hands. Helena Cassadine actually helps Emily with a useful piece of advice. Alexis is appalled when Ric tries to justify his tryst with her daughter, Sam. Later, Sam and Alexis face off over their feelings of betrayal.

One Life to Live
The Buchanan boys set out to determine if Spencer is really Asa's son. Natalie's grief over John's loss leads to a surprising encounter with Vincent. Viki and Natalie have a woman-to-woman talk about putting their lost loves behind them. Starr and Britney feud over their mutual crush on Cole. A childish prank stirs up passion between Todd and Blair. The very pregnant Kelly goes into labor.

As the World Turns
Oakdale mourns Hal Munson (and his late portrayer, Daytime Emmy winner Benjamin Hendrickson) in a get-together at Yo's. Gwen is ready to move ahead with her music career. The scheming Simon dreams up a solution to his financial problems. Since it turns out Jade really is Rose's daughter, Lily welcomes the troubled teen back into her home

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, SOAPS PREVIEW

All My Children
Bianca explains the real reason why her lesbian lover, Maggie, did not return to Pine Valley with her. JR is in denial about Babe's adulterous affair with Josh. Ryan and Annie blame Tad and Dixie for little Emma's disappearance. As it turns out, Dr. David Hayward kidnapped Emma

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

All My Children

A guilty Babe admits to JR that she had sex with Josh. True to form, JR rushes off, gets liquored up and goes looking for trouble. Things get very scary when Bianca finds herself alone with the drunk and disorderly Chandler heir. Loyal mama Krystal warns Adam that he'd best not mess with her Babe. Elsewhere in Pine Valley, the battle for Emma/Kate continues. Jack and Brooke have a heart-to-talk talk about his shaky marriage to Erica.

General Hospital
Luke calls a Spencer family meeting aboard the Haunted Star. Laura is close to recalling that traumatic night in the attic which led to her mental breakdown. Helena Cassadine has her evil eye on Luke and Laura once again. Meanwhile, Carly puts on a slutty charade to help a friend in trouble. Ric lays a nasty trap for Sam. Romance is blooming for Robin and Patrick.

One Life to Live
Jessica worries that her alternate personality, Tess, isn't quite gone. Llanviewers ask "Will she or won't she marry Antonio?" on the big day. Todd and Blair enjoy happy memories of their second wedding. Dorian watches Clint and Viki with jealous eyes. Someone susses out the true identity of the bandaged hospital patient. (It's John McBain!)

As the World Turns
Katie makes a scandalous choice that could cost her Mike. Lucy punishes her father, Craig, for his past sins. Jack wants Carly back, but does Carly prefer Simon or Jack? Gwen is torn between her rigorous studies and her ambition for a singing career.

Two B&B foes plus a loaded gun equals a very nasty confrontation. After saying yes to a dinner date with Shane, Phoebe makes a surprising discovery at his place. Ridge has a tough question for Eric. Nick issues a harsh ultimatum to the Forresters. Jackie receives disturbing news about her health. Stephanie and Jackie have another bitchy encounter.

Guiding Light
Though Reva has flatlined in the hospital, don't count out the self-proclaimed "Slut of Springfield" just yet. Olivia locates the rapist who fathered her daughter, Ava. Lizzie has a true confession for Jonathan. Dinah gets tough with Jeffrey. On Election Day, the town learns who is the poison pen behind that scandalous Springfield Burns blog.

As Kay and Jill argue about Billy's irresponsible behavior, the ladies are reminded of how much they once hated each other. Victor and Nikki are suspicious of Jack, who schemes to hide his secrets from the authorities. Gloria makes a disastrous attempt to "help" Michael and Lauren with a social occasion. Dru and Neil are fearful as their family, friends and enemies testify before the grand jury about Carmen's demise. On Friday, Nov. 10, the residents of Genoa City dream up many colorful scenarios as they speculate about who killed Carmen.

Days of our Lives
Billie is hurt by Patch's plan to help the ailing Kayla. Shawn flaunts his newfound wealth in front of Bo and Belle. Willow the hooker persuades Shawn to shack up with her. Chelsea walks in on her parents in a compromising situation. A geeky Salem newcomer named Nick Fallon (who is the grandson of Marie Horton) has his eye on Chelsea. Hope wants to get an amniocentesis, which could reveal that Bo is her baby's real father. Sami, Lucas and Will grow closer as a family. EJ's secret connection to the devious DiMera clan is revealed.

Passions
Tabloid creep J.T. Cornell offers to strike a deal with Theresa. Sheridan drugs Luis. Kay has an ugly telephone conversation with her mother, Grace. Kay and Miguel choose to be together as a couple, but Fox concocts a scam to keep them apart. Rebecca tattles the truth about Chad's affair to Whitney. Later, Ethan pulls his lusty mother-in-law into a surprisingly steamy kiss!

General Hospital: Genie Francis Alert!

Great news, suds fans!

Today, I did a fabulous interview with the one and only Genie Francis. It was my first time talking with this daytime icon, and what a pleasure.

As y'all know, she returned to her signature soap role as Laura Spencer on ABC's General Hospital last week. Hurrah!

She's back for November sweeps, and so far, Genie's sudsy scenes have been very enjoyable. My fave moment was when Laura saw Lulu (Julie Berman) all grown up and realized she had been spaced out at Shadybrook for four years. But I really loved it when Laura finally changed out of that damn nightgown into normal clothes and went strolling around Port Charles, making surprise visits to her freaked-out family and friends.

I will post my Genie interview in its entirety in our Soaps Q&A section very soon.

Just to whet your appetite, here's what she had to say about recreating the Luke and Laura phenomenon with her old acting partner, Tony Geary.

"It was great," Genie told TVGuide.com. "We always work well together and we enjoy working together.

"Just the fact that we are together raises the bar in both of our minds," she adds. "We both want to be on top of our game because we've got a lot to live up to. I know Tony feels that way and I feel that way. Fortunately for us, that chemistry was still there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users