Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ranster627

WEEKLY SPOILERS: ALL SHOWS

98 posts in this topic

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, SOAP PREVIEWS

All My Children

Terry is closer to luring Lily into his pervy grasp. Amanda confesses to someone that she's fallen in love with Jonathan. Babe clings to her marriage despite feeling increasingly drawn to Josh. Kendall fights with Zach over his loyalty to Dixie. Livia learns what Jamal has really been doing with his life. Jamie has tough choices to make about his future. Spoiled brattishness abounds at Colby's sweet-16 party, where Jesse McCartney (ex-JR, AMC) performs his pop music. There's more on Jesse's return to AMC right here. (EDIT: see below)

General Hospital

As her medical condition worsens, Alexis tries to push Sam and Ric into spending time together. Town shrink Lainey finds this very strange. That weirdo Nanny Colleen lusts after Nikolas. Luke prevents the Quartermaines from legally manipulating Lulu. Luke later promises Lulu that he will support whatever she decides to do about her pregnancy. Turns out, Nurse Liz is also pregnant, but who's the daddy? Is it her pill-popping husband, Lucky, or her mobster ex, Jason?

One Life to Live

In the Labor Day episode on Sept. 4, OLTL reruns "Todd's execution." When fresh episodes begin airing again on Sept. 5, Nash is afraid the "Tess" side of Jessica's mind is gone forever. Blair is jealous of Todd and Evangeline. John McBain finds good dirt while snooping in Spencer's office. Rex and Dorian save Adriana from Bruce the stalker. Later, Adriana wants Dorian to pay for her stalker ordeal.

As the World Turns

Mike is annoyed at Katie for spreading word of their plans to start a family. Holden has a man-to-man talk with Kevin about Luke. Paul toasts his engagement to Meg, as well as his newspaper partnership with Emily. Barbara is upset that Gwen won't forgive Will's infidelity. Maddie unmasks the slasher

All My Children

Erica and Kendall share mother-daughter bonding time. A yachting trip goes terribly wrong for Colby and Sydney. Ryan is gunned down by someone he knows. Policeman Derek Frye has a busy week of arresting and questioning Pine Valley's guilty residents. Terry traps Lily in a secluded cabin, where the Internet perv is eager to rape the frightened teenager.

General Hospital

Carly is on a mission to destroy Ric. Sonny has harsh words for his rotten brother. Jax's date with Carly is complicated by an intrusive third party. Alexis is afraid she won't live much longer, so she shares emotional goodbyes with her loved ones. Lulu makes a final decision about her pregnancy. Elizabeth is fed up and ready to quit her messed-up marriage to Lucky.

One Life to Live

Jessica must ask herself, "Do you believe in life after multiple-personality integration?" Elsewhere, John and Hugh set a trap for the sinister Spencer. Todd feels an urge to find the missing son he had with Margaret. A Llanview lady accepts a Hispanic hunk's marriage proposal.

As the World Turns

Jade has a mind-blowing surprise for Will. Barbara tosses her famously bitchy barbs at Lucy. Simon distracts Carly from thinking about her impending divorce from Jack. Katie receives crushing news.

The Bold and the Beautiful

Ridge and Donna leave L.A. together on an overseas publicity tour for the "Brooke's Bedroom" underwear line. For little Alexandria's sake, Thorne, Taylor, Sally and Clarke decide to celebrate the late Darla's birthday. Homeless guy Shane (Dax Griffin) spies on Taylor

All My Children

After the boating accident, Colby hides from the law in the secret tunnels of the Chandler mansion. Colby uses this as an opportunity to eavesdrop on her stepmommy, Krystal. Jackson actually does something nice for Jonathan in court. Dixie accuses Kendall of wanting both Zach and Ryan for herself. Babe and Josh finally surrender to the sexual tension that's been simmering between them.

General Hospital

Ric enlists Alcazar's assistance in a nefarious new plan to "eliminate" his enemies. Luke seeks medical help for the catatonic Laura. Jealous mobster Sonny wants to bust up Carly's relationship with Jax. Nanny Colleen stirs up trouble for Emily at General Hospital.

One Life to Live

Llanviewers see through Dorian's false claims of innocence. Adriana still wants Dorian to pay for her role in that silly stalker ordeal. Vincent sabotages Cristian's latest boxing bout. John McBain finally acquires the damning evidence he needs to jail the devious Dr. Spencer Truman. Spencer's enemies gloat as he faces prosecution for his past misdeeds. Sadly, a nasty tragedy strikes just as John has found the justice he's sought for so long.

As the World Turns

Holden is troubled by Dr. Bob's latest report on Lily's comatose condition. Gwen's emotions explode when she finds out Jade is pregnant with Will's baby. Elsewhere, Emily is enraged to learn that Meg and Paul have been hiding their engagement from her. Oakdale busybodies Barbara and Lucinda have opposing viewpoints on Dusty's love life. After the Snyders' divorce is finalized, Jack has big-time regrets about walking away from Carly. As for Simon, that Aussie bad boy is only too happy to step up his pursuit of the newly-single Carly.

Bridget surprises her family with her sudden urge to go abroad. Later on, a fellow doctor gives Bridget important medical news that may alter her travel plans. After Shane undergoes surgery, Phoebe suggests to Taylor that the man come to stay in their house. However, Shane's strange behavior prompts Hector to run a background check on him.

Guiding Light

It's a sad day in Springfield when Reva and Josh make their divorce official. The troubled Dinah spends quality time with Vanessa and Matt. Tammy needs Remy's help to get out of a tight situation. Blake can't resist tattling someone's sexual secret. The feud between Olivia and Ava heats up... and one lady may lose her life.

The Young and the Restless

Colleen returns to college, where she encounters an opinionated (and hot) new professor. After Dru's arrest for vandalizing Carmen's clothing, Dru begins to attend court-ordered therapy sessions. Jack wants to whisk Sharon off to the Caribbean. Michael and Kevin work to thwart Jack's plot to buy back Jabot. Victor returns home from the hospital, but the mogul's battle with epilepsy continues.

Days of our Lives

Claire's paternity test results stir up emotional upheaval in Salem. Jack and Jennifer make love while stranded in a cave. Bo shows Hope some intriguing evidence from Eve's murder case. Carrie tells Austin she won't couple up with him until the missing Will is found. As usual, though, Carrie is sending mixed messages to her men.

Passions

Eve breaks off her engagement to Julian. That sleazy Spike traps Theresa in a deadly situation. The two-timing Kay gets busy with Miguel and tries to hide her sexual sins from Fox. Kay also receives an offensive gift from Ivy. Fancy and Sheridan bicker over who's right for the hunky Luis.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, SOAP NEWS

Oh No! All My Children Fires Vincent Irizarry

ABC's All My Children is dropping daytime vet Vincent Irizarry, who has played the devious Dr. David Hayward since 1998.

"Vincent Irizarry has been a valued member of the AMC cast for many years," executive producer Julie Hanan Carruthers said in a statement. "The decision to write the David character off the canvas was both financial and storyline based. [irizarry] is a wonderful actor and a true gentleman and I thank him for his years of dedication to the show."

Sigh. Budgetary belt-tightening like this continues to be a sad reality in daytime soaps. No word yet on Irizarry's final airdate on AMC. As for Dr. Hayward, he seems to be extra bitter and cynical ever since he suffered Dixie's most recent rejection. Hopefully, AMC will send him out of Pine Valley with a bang.

Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 09/15/06 6:02 PM

Days of our Lives Exclusive: New Writer Dishes the DiMera Dynasty

Last week, this TVGuide.com soap pundit had the great pleasure of lunching with Hogan Sheffer, the new head writer of NBC's Days of our Lives.

We spent two fascinating hours at Art's Delicatessen in Studio City, California, where we dished the current state of Salem and how he'll fix it. It's a big job, but if anyone can do it, Sheffer - who scored four Emmys while penning As the World Turns - is the guy.

During our chat, I found Sheffer to be candid, funny, down-to-earth and whip-smart. And I swear I'm not just saying that 'cause he promised he would order my new soap-opera book - although a first-time author appreciates all the support he can get!

FYI, I got way too much great soap dish to blow it all in one blog posting. So I'll be serving you my deli scoopage in delicious, digestible portions.

Let's start with Sheffer's take on the DiMera clan, that dynasty of deviants who've been stirring up terror in Salem since the '80s. "When I first got this job," Sheffer says, "everybody told me, 'You need to bring back the DiMeras.' This is the perfect time for that. I want to reward longtime Days fans by tapping the show's history of romance and old-school villains."

Need I say it? OK, I suppose I must... SPOILER ALERT!

Will Stefano DiMera return to Salem?

I outright told Sheffer that Days just shouldn't do any more DiMera stories sans Stefano DiMera, the cagey "Phoenix" himself. Daytime vet Joseph Mascolo recently left The Bold and the Beautiful, and I've heard word he's returning to Days to reprise his signature Stefano role. True?

"Our problem, at the moment," Sheffer says, "is that I don't know if [Mascolo] is willing to come back for a short span. We have to think about what to do about that. The first thing we'll do is make sure there's another generation of the DiMera family on the canvas. We need to start passing down those attributes that have been so successful to the next generation. The [younger] generation on this show is sitting around doing nothing."

Who is E.J. Wells?

British actor James Scott (ex-Ethan, All My Children) has charmed Days fans as Sami Brady's mysterious friend, E.J. Wells. It will be revealed this fall that E.J. is a member of the DiMera clan and he's also the Gloved One who's been skulking around Salem.

"He's not going anywhere," Sheffer says. "To me, he is the next generation of the DiMera family. I think it will be a huge surprise as to who he is, how he's connected and what he's been doing. I won't tell you exactly who he is. Kudos to [former Days head writer] Jim Reilly for bringing on this character and for setting up what I think will be a great mystery. That's all his stuff, not mine. The way it's going to play out is mine."

Wasn't Jan Spears supposed to be the Gloved One at one point?

"Yeah, Jan Spears," Sheffer acknowledges. "One of the other versions of that story had Tek as the gloved hand. But there are only two people involved in that gloved-hand business, E.J. and Patrick. John and Bo will figure out their connection."

E.J. Wells is not Benjy!

I recently offered up a wacky theory that E.J. is Elvis, the son of Stefano and Kristen's oddball look-alike, Susan Banks. Several TVGuide.com readers countered by speculating that E.J. is Stefano's long-lost Native American son, Benjy Hawk.

"You can say this," Sheffer says with a wink. "Benjy is a DiMera, and Benjy will be back. E.J. Wells is not Benjy, though. We will see Benjy for the first time around the end of October. Benjy will be pivotal in what's happening in the months to come." Scoop!

E.J. will have an affair with an older woman!

As Days fans know, Kate Roberts used to be Stefano's mistress. So let's keep it in the family, shall we?

"Kate and E.J. are gonna start [sleeping together]," Sheffer teases. "E.J. is everybody's type. And why wouldn't he want her? She's a sexy woman! This also gives Kate her chops back. No more Roman and Victor - none of that. When Lauren Koslow (Kate) walks into a room, she just bowls me over. She's sexy, she's a great actress, and she will be very, very busy."

Stay tuned to this blog for much more Days scoopage and insights from Hogan Sheffer. But for now, just discuss amongst yourselves!

Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 09/15/06 2:02 AM

Big Brother Bad Boy Feels Young and Restless

Reality TV troublemaker Will Kirby (Big Brother 7: All-Stars) taped a cameo appearance at the Young and the Restless set today.

Kirby (a.k.a. BB's "Dr. Evil") plays a businessman named, oddly enough, Will Kirby. On October 23, you'll see him sharing a conversation with Jack Abbott (Peter Bergman) in the hallway at Newman Enterprises.

What are they gonna do, form an evil alliance to force their enemies to eat nothing but peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a week? Seriously, I never got the appeal of Big Brother. Of course, I'll still watch Will's episode because I never miss a day of my Y&R!

Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 09/14/06 7:48 PM

All That Jazz on The Young and the Restless

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I can't resist pointing this out...

Recently on The Young and the Restless, Neil Winters (Kristoff St. John) revealed his plans to open up a new jazz club in Genoa City. The name? Indigo. How original.

Let me refresh your memory, suds fans. Back in the '90s, Llanview businessman R.J. Gannon (Timothy D. Stickney) owned a nightclub called Indigo on One Life to Live. It burned down back in '99.

Don't get me wrong. I think a jazz club is a great idea for Y&R. Neil is so underappreciated at Newman Enterprises, and this new career direction could help freshen up the character. Plus, Y&R's bougie set really needs another posh hangout besides the Genoa City Athletic Club. I just wish Indigo were called something else!

FYI, Aaron Neville will perform "Ain't No Sunshine" and "Stand By Me" at the opening of Neil's jazz joint on October 27. I'm hoping that by then they'll come up with a new name. Any suggestions? Comment away!

Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 09/14/06 6:09 PM

Guess Who's on Fashion House Tomorrow?

FYI, that sassy Fox TV personality Jillian Barberie Reynolds (Skating with Celebrities, Good Day L.A.) will guest star on the MyNetworkTV telenovela Fashion House on Wednesday at 9 pm/ET.

"I play Alyssa McKay, who is a fashion-designer rival of Maria Gianni (Bo Derek)," Jillian tells TVGuide.com. "Our characters run into each other in a hair salon. Bo is mean, catty and bitchy to me with this chilly smile on her face. She's so cool and smooth, whereas my character wears her heart on her sleeve. She totally gets under Alyssa's skin with her rude comments. Hopefully, I'll get to do more of this stuff because I loved it!"

Hey, suds fans, what do you think of the new MyNetworkTV telenovelas, Fashion House and Desire? Comment away!

Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 09/12/06 8:28 PM

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, SOAP PREVIEW

All My Children

Zach and Dixie are on trial for Dr. Greg Madden's murder. Brooke cautions Tad against perjuring himself in court. Zach accuses Ryan of scheming to win back Kendall's heart. Someone finds that brat Colby

All My Children

As the Madden murder trial ends, the jury must decide the fates of Zach and Dixie. Kendall presses Zach for the chilling truth about Dr. Madden's live burial. Ryan is annoyed by Kendall's waffling between him and Zach. Tad and Dixie have an important heart-to-heart talk. Di and Aidan kiss and make up. Babe fears Josh will tattle to JR about their affair.

General Hospital

Maxie reveals that she is preggers with Lucky's child. Meanwhile, Nurse Liz decides it's time to do a paternity test on her own unborn baby. Sam fears that she will lose Jason forever if Liz's baby turns out to be his. Meanwhile, Jason suspects that Ric and Alcazar have joined forces against him. ELQ faces a corporate crisis when the media reports on their defective Enduro condoms. Later on, a lady needs Luke's help in a foreign land.

One Life to Live

As Llanview mourns John McBain, Natalie can't help feeling that he's still alive. Asa Buchanan doesn't like Nigel the butler's questions about Spencer and that mystery lady's photograph. Things get nasty when Spencer visits his son, Hugh. Blair continues to feel jealous of Todd's friendship with Evangeline. Jessica realizes she's becoming more Tess-like when she decks Claudia!

As the World Turns

Two Oakdale residents suffer an awful loss due to the ice storm. Jack feels jealous again when Simon rescues Carly from an electrifying situation. Craig's return to Oakdale causes major friction between Lucy and Dusty. Lily's loved ones question her mental state now that she's out of her coma. Especially when Lily sees a vision of her dead twin sister, Rose, who brings her a cryptic message. Meanwhile, some folks question whether Jade is really carrying Will's child.

Taylor and Shane each have very different plans for celebrating Phoebe's 18th birthday. Stephanie wants to know what Shane is up to. Donna returns from her European press junket and immediately clashes with Brooke on the issue of Ridge. Later, Ridge returns to L.A. and gets a big surprise. Nick is all wet

All My Children

Colby falsely claims that Josh seduced her. The brattish teen also rubs Babe's nose in her slutty secret. Bianca Montgomery returns to Pine Valley and interrupts an argument between her siblings, Kendall and Josh. Zach is haunted by a disturbing figure from his past. Tad and Dixie finally face the question that AMC fans have been asking for months: Is Annie McDermott's little girl, Emma, really their long-lost daughter, Kate?

General Hospital

Helena Cassadine goes spying and skulking around Windemere again. Nanny Colleen serves Nikolas a cup of tainted tea. Lorenzo comes closer to catching up with Skye. Nurse Liz finds out that teen tramp Maxie is expecting Lucky's baby. Sonny learns that marriage may be in the cards for Jax and Carly. Luke feels more confident that Laura can be freed from her catatonic state. The prospect of losing Jason forever drives Sam to desperation.

One Life to Live

Jessica finds herself enjoying a sexy fantasy about Nash. Blair tempts Todd with a racy striptease. Dorian and David flirt with the idea of reuniting as lovers. A vengeful Adriana wants to make Dorian's life pure hell. Cristian figures out that his own boxing manager, Vincent, set him up to lose the fight. Evangeline has doubts about her romance with Cristian. Michael and Marcie choose godparents for little Tommy. Private eye Rex begins his search for Todd and Margaret's missing son. A Llanview lad has a big question for Asa Buchanan: "Are you my daddy?"

All My Children

Colby falsely claims that Josh seduced her. The brattish teen also rubs Babe's nose in her slutty secret. Bianca Montgomery returns to Pine Valley and interrupts an argument between her siblings, Kendall and Josh. Zach is haunted by a disturbing figure from his past. Tad and Dixie finally face the question that AMC fans have been asking for months: Is Annie McDermott's little girl, Emma, really their long-lost daughter, Kate?

General Hospital

Helena Cassadine goes spying and skulking around Windemere again. Nanny Colleen serves Nikolas a cup of tainted tea. Lorenzo comes closer to catching up with Skye. Nurse Liz finds out that teen tramp Maxie is expecting Lucky's baby. Sonny learns that marriage may be in the cards for Jax and Carly. Luke feels more confident that Laura can be freed from her catatonic state. The prospect of losing Jason forever drives Sam to desperation.

One Life to Live

Jessica finds herself enjoying a sexy fantasy about Nash. Blair tempts Todd with a racy striptease. Dorian and David flirt with the idea of reuniting as lovers. A vengeful Adriana wants to make Dorian's life pure hell. Cristian figures out that his own boxing manager, Vincent, set him up to lose the fight. Evangeline has doubts about her romance with Cristian. Michael and Marcie choose godparents for little Tommy. Private eye Rex begins his search for Todd and Margaret's missing son. A Llanview lad has a big question for Asa Buchanan: "Are you my daddy?"

As the World Turns

With their Slasher troubles behind them, Casey and Maddie are able to share a sweet, romantic moment. Jade confides in Luke that she hasn't been entirely honest about her pregnancy. Lily's visions continue nudging her to locate Rose's long-lost daughter, Theresa. Oakdale schemers Emily and Craig form an alliance. Simon engages in shady business dealings for Carly's benefit.

Ridge and Brooke share a steamy liplock. Nick tries to save his marriage by telling Brooke the truth about Bridget's unborn child. Naturally, Stephanie can't resist sharing her opinion of Brooke's love life. Meanwhile, Thorne pops the question to Taylor at the Forrester cabin in Big Bear. Later on, the Forresters are stunned when Taylor confesses her crime to all

All My Children

That tricky Dr. David Hayward messes with Tad, Dixie and the Chandlers. Babe is wowed when JR actually takes the moral high road for once. Despite her nagging trust issues, Kendall surrenders to her passionate feelings for Zach. Josh and Julia commiserate over their romantic problems. Bianca confronts Babe about her latest sinful betrayal. Kendall and Babe put an end to their truce. Ryan smells secrecy from Annie and wants to know what she has been keeping from him.

General Hospital

Ric's twisted wheels start to turn when he learns that Nurse Liz may be carrying Jason's child. Speaking of babies, Mac is disappointed to hear that Maxie is pregnant by a married man. Carly refuses to let her past with Sonny spoil her future with Jax. The very pregnant Skye goes into labor. Alexis worries that her family plans will fall apart. A Port Charles diva accepts a marriage proposal.

One Life to Live

A Llanview resident in recovery unfortunately falls off the wagon. David and Dorian scheme to use Spencer's secret origins against him. Meanwhile, Adriana plots to spoil Dorian's only chance to reconnect with Clint. During Spencer's trial, the devious doctor surprises the court with a big announcement. Antonio asks his rival, Nash, to be a groomsman at his wedding to Jessica. Ouch!

As the World Turns

Oakdale is offended when it looks like Craig is using Jennifer's memory for his own selfish reasons. Jade's pregnancy lies backfire on her in a big way. Just when Will's future seems bright again, he receives a very upsetting telephone call. Katie is green with jealousy over Simon's genuine feelings for Carly. Maddie tries to overcome her painful past and enjoy dating Casey.

Taylor signs her criminal confession with true remorse in her heart. Thorne has an emotional breakdown in his mother's arms and later visits Taylor behind bars. Storm Logan returns to Los Angeles to defend Taylor at her hearing. Shane wows the court with a juicy revelation. Brooke offers Ridge a comforting kiss. Actor Drew Tyler Bell returns as Ridge and Taylor's son, Thomas, starting on Friday, October 20.

Guiding Light

Ava is horrified to learn that Olivia is her biological mother. Despite this news, Ava still wants to press criminal charges against Olivia. Later, Olivia reveals another secret about Ava's origins that could change everything. Elsewhere in Springfield, Reva gets morbid and starts planning her own funeral. Dinah risks her safety to expose the "Springfield Burns" blogger. One woman's heart is broken when Jonathan is finally forced to choose between Tammy and Lizzie.

Lauren fears that Sheila will return to Genoa City to steal her baby. Victor is close to discovering that Jack has secretly purchased Kay's controlling interest in Jabot Cosmetics. Nick and Phyllis make unusual wedding plans. As Dru's trial approaches, Neil and Dru are drawn closer together. Devon struggles to live independently despite his hearing loss. Kevin's British pal, Jana, flirts with Billy Abbott. A receptive Billy offers Jana a grand tour of the fancy schmancy Chancellor estate. (News flash! Bold and the Beautiful star Adrienne Frantz is bringing her Amber Moore character to Y&R. To read TVGuide.com's full report, click right here.) (EDIT: see below)

Days of our Lives

Billie pushes Kayla to fight for Patch's love. Teen tramp Chelsea is arrested for prostitution. Tek proposes marriage to Lexie. Shawn and Willow sail stormy seas on the Fancy Face 3. Sami's deception causes a catfight. Abe takes away Bo's police badge. (For the latest scoop on departing Days stars Austin Peck and Christie Clark, click right here. To learn the future of Deidre Hall's character, Dr. Marlena Evans Black, click right here.) (EDIT: see below)

Passions

A murderer strikes at the Crane estate. Luis later makes an arrest at Sheridan's cottage. The lusty Julian and Rebecca do some fantasy roleplaying as Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Even juicier, the oversexed Rebecca gets an eyeful of Chad at the no-tell motel. Elsewhere in Harmony, Fox plots to ruin Miguel's future. Ivy and Sam want to be married right away. A major secret is finally exposed. Theresa tries to bribe that tabloid creep, J.T. Cornell, with hush money. (Get the 411 on Passions' new "Tabloid Truth" storyline by clicking right here.) (EDIT: see below)

Days of our Lives Casts Stefano DiMera's Long-Lost Son, Etc.

As loyal TVGuide.com readers will recall, Days of our Lives head writer Hogan Sheffer recently told us that Stefano DiMera's long-lost son, Benjy Hawk, would return to Salem.

Daytime newcomer Jim Lunsford joins Days as Benjy on November 10. Patch and Kayla -- who adopted Benjy back in the day -- will likely be glad to see him!

See? I told you EJ Wells, who's played by James Scott, isn't Benjy. Some of y'all didn't want to believe me.

I can't wait to find out exactly what EJ's relation to the DiMeras is. Is he Stefano's son, too? Or perhaps Tony's? Hmm...

In other Days news, you recently read right here that Chelsea will get a geeky new love interest named Nick Fallon. That role has gone to another daytime newbie, Blake Berris. BTW, Nick -- who first airs November 7 -- is the grandson of Marie Horton.

Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 10/13/06 8:39 PM

One Life to Live Casts New Marty and Another Soap Star Grad

Recently, TVGuide.com told you that Sarah Joy Brown had been in the running to play the new Dr. Marty Saybrooke on One Life to Live. That didn't pan out, but OLTL has cast another familiar face from daytime in this meaty role....

It's Christina Chambers! The actress previously portrayed Maria Torres-Evans on NBC's defunct Sunset Beach and Molly Conlan McKinnon on As the World Turns. Chambers first airs as Marty on November 17.

By the way, it's believed that Susan Haskell -- the original Marty -- isn't reprising her role because she's in the family way. Haskell and husband Thorsten Kaye (Zach, All My Children) are expecting their second child in April 2007.

In other OLTL news, Beth Ann Bonner -- a finalist from Season 3 of SOAPnet's I Wanna Be a Soap Star --- has landed the contract role of Rhanda. The character will be a Llanview P.D. officer who's rumored to have eyes for fellow cop Antonio Vega (Kamar de los Reyes). Bonner first airs on December 21.

Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 10/13/06 6:14 PM

As the World Turns Says Goodbye to Hal Munson

Back in July, we were deeply saddened by the news that daytime veteran Benjamin Hendrickson had committed suicide. The 55-year-old Daytime Emmy winner was beloved by soap-opera fans as Oakdale P.D. detective Hal Munson on CBS's As the World Turns. Hendrickson was last seen in the July 12 episode. At the time, the show's spokesperson told TVGuide.com that there were "no plans to recast" the role of Hal.

Since then, loyal World Turns viewers have been asking me what would become of the Hal character. Now, I finally have something to tell you.

In the Friday, October 20 episode, Hal's son Will (Jesse Lee Soffer) receives a heartbreaking telephone call. On Monday, October 23, we'll watch the rest of Oakdale learn that Hal was killed off-screen in the line of duty. Hal's loved ones celebrate (rather than just mourn) his life with a get-together at Yo's, a longtime local hangout.

"We all felt that we needed to give the character of Hal the respect he deserved," World Turns head writer Jean Passanante tells TVGuide.com. "It is a difficult situation. We have needed some time to let things settle. Ben had very close relationships with everybody at the show. The audience obviously adored him, too. Hal Munson, as played by Ben, was definitely a moral compass for Oakdale. We miss him."

Posted by Daniel R. Coleridge 10/13/06 2:28 AM

General Hospital: An Update on Laura's Return

When exactly will Genie Francis return to General Hospital? Viewers are tired of looking at the back of Laura Spencer's catatonic head whenever her loved ones visit her at Shadybrook.

Well, we now have a first air date: Thursday, October 26!

"Thirty million people watched Luke and Laura's wedding 25 years ago, and we invite them back to General Hospital to experience the excitement that captured a nation," Disney-ABC honcho Brian Frons said in a statement. "ABC and SOAPnet are working together to celebrate the legacy of Luke and Laura. By combining our efforts, our fans will be fully immersed in the past, present and future storylines of the Spencer and Cassadine families."

SOAPnet's celebratory programming will include an hour-long special hosted by Francis and Tony Geary (Luke!), as well as their Luke and Laura 25: Something Old, Something New marathon on November 24. Here's a list of the classic episodes they plan to air. Since I was too young to watch soaps in the early '80s, I definitely won't miss these GH golden oldies this time around!

Dancing at Wyndham's - While on the run from mobster Frank Smith, Luke and Laura spend the night in Wyndham's Department Store. (Episode #146-HSP-80, original airdate 8/6/1980)

Walls of Jericho Come Down

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, SOAP PREVIEW

All My Children

David decides to test Krystal's baby to see who's the daddy: Adam or Tad? Meanwhile, Annie truly believes that she gave birth to Emma, even though DNA says they're not mother and daughter. Josh gets a surprising job offer. The brattish Colby is determined to get the Carey women tossed out of the Chandler manse. David is out to burn JR with incendiary information. A Pine Valley couple enjoys a romantic sail on Erica Kane's yacht.

General Hospital

Laura Spencer returns to consciousness, but her mental state is very delicate. Luke keeps a secret about Laura from their children. Elizabeth's paternity test results fall into a mobster's hands. Helena Cassadine actually helps Emily with a useful piece of advice. Alexis is appalled when Ric tries to justify his tryst with her daughter, Sam. Later, Sam and Alexis face off over their feelings of betrayal.

One Life to Live

The Buchanan boys set out to determine if Spencer is really Asa's son. Natalie's grief over John's loss leads to a surprising encounter with Vincent. Viki and Natalie have a woman-to-woman talk about putting their lost loves behind them. Starr and Britney feud over their mutual crush on Cole. A childish prank stirs up passion between Todd and Blair. The very pregnant Kelly goes into labor.

As the World Turns

Oakdale mourns Hal Munson (and his late portrayer, Daytime Emmy winner Benjamin Hendrickson) in a get-together at Yo's. Gwen is ready to move ahead with her music career. The scheming Simon dreams up a solution to his financial problems. Since it turns out Jade really is Rose's daughter, Lily welcomes the troubled teen back into her home

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, SOAPS PREVIEW

All My Children

Bianca explains the real reason why her lesbian lover, Maggie, did not return to Pine Valley with her. JR is in denial about Babe's adulterous affair with Josh. Ryan and Annie blame Tad and Dixie for little Emma's disappearance. As it turns out, Dr. David Hayward kidnapped Emma

All My Children

A guilty Babe admits to JR that she had sex with Josh. True to form, JR rushes off, gets liquored up and goes looking for trouble. Things get very scary when Bianca finds herself alone with the drunk and disorderly Chandler heir. Loyal mama Krystal warns Adam that he'd best not mess with her Babe. Elsewhere in Pine Valley, the battle for Emma/Kate continues. Jack and Brooke have a heart-to-talk talk about his shaky marriage to Erica.

General Hospital

Luke calls a Spencer family meeting aboard the Haunted Star. Laura is close to recalling that traumatic night in the attic which led to her mental breakdown. Helena Cassadine has her evil eye on Luke and Laura once again. Meanwhile, Carly puts on a slutty charade to help a friend in trouble. Ric lays a nasty trap for Sam. Romance is blooming for Robin and Patrick.

One Life to Live

Jessica worries that her alternate personality, Tess, isn't quite gone. Llanviewers ask "Will she or won't she marry Antonio?" on the big day. Todd and Blair enjoy happy memories of their second wedding. Dorian watches Clint and Viki with jealous eyes. Someone susses out the true identity of the bandaged hospital patient. (It's John McBain!)

As the World Turns

Katie makes a scandalous choice that could cost her Mike. Lucy punishes her father, Craig, for his past sins. Jack wants Carly back, but does Carly prefer Simon or Jack? Gwen is torn between her rigorous studies and her ambition for a singing career.

Two B&B foes plus a loaded gun equals a very nasty confrontation. After saying yes to a dinner date with Shane, Phoebe makes a surprising discovery at his place. Ridge has a tough question for Eric. Nick issues a harsh ultimatum to the Forresters. Jackie receives disturbing news about her health. Stephanie and Jackie have another bitchy encounter.

Guiding Light

Though Reva has flatlined in the hospital, don't count out the self-proclaimed "Slut of Springfield" just yet. Olivia locates the rapist who fathered her daughter, Ava. Lizzie has a true confession for Jonathan. Dinah gets tough with Jeffrey. On Election Day, the town learns who is the poison pen behind that scandalous Springfield Burns blog.

As Kay and Jill argue about Billy's irresponsible behavior, the ladies are reminded of how much they once hated each other. Victor and Nikki are suspicious of Jack, who schemes to hide his secrets from the authorities. Gloria makes a disastrous attempt to "help" Michael and Lauren with a social occasion. Dru and Neil are fearful as their family, friends and enemies testify before the grand jury about Carmen's demise. On Friday, Nov. 10, the residents of Genoa City dream up many colorful scenarios as they speculate about who killed Carmen.

Days of our Lives

Billie is hurt by Patch's plan to help the ailing Kayla. Shawn flaunts his newfound wealth in front of Bo and Belle. Willow the hooker persuades Shawn to shack up with her. Chelsea walks in on her parents in a compromising situation. A geeky Salem newcomer named Nick Fallon (who is the grandson of Marie Horton) has his eye on Chelsea. Hope wants to get an amniocentesis, which could reveal that Bo is her baby's real father. Sami, Lucas and Will grow closer as a family. EJ's secret connection to the devious DiMera clan is revealed.

Passions

Tabloid creep J.T. Cornell offers to strike a deal with Theresa. Sheridan drugs Luis. Kay has an ugly telephone conversation with her mother, Grace. Kay and Miguel choose to be together as a couple, but Fox concocts a scam to keep them apart. Rebecca tattles the truth about Chad's affair to Whitney. Later, Ethan pulls his lusty mother-in-law into a surprisingly steamy kiss!

General Hospital: Genie Francis Alert!

Great news, suds fans!

Today, I did a fabulous interview with the one and only Genie Francis. It was my first time talking with this daytime icon, and what a pleasure.

As y'all know, she returned to her signature soap role as Laura Spencer on ABC's General Hospital last week. Hurrah!

She's back for November sweeps, and so far, Genie's sudsy scenes have been very enjoyable. My fave moment was when Laura saw Lulu (Julie Berman) all grown up and realized she had been spaced out at Shadybrook for four years. But I really loved it when Laura finally changed out of that damn nightgown into normal clothes and went strolling around Port Charles, making surprise visits to her freaked-out family and friends.

I will post my Genie interview in its entirety in our Soaps Q&A section very soon.

Just to whet your appetite, here's what she had to say about recreating the Luke and Laura phenomenon with her old acting partner, Tony Geary.

"It was great," Genie told TVGuide.com. "We always work well together and we enjoy working together.

"Just the fact that we are together raises the bar in both of our minds," she adds. "We both want to be on top of our game because we've got a lot to live up to. I know Tony feels that way and I feel that way. Fortunately for us, that chemistry was still there

All My Children

Dr. David Hayward gloats big time

<_< hmmm where are the spoilers for this week????

Dade ,Dade , Dade ....where are my spoliers :P

I didn't.But umm I don't watch that one.Haven't in YEARS.What happened?I know some of the characters from watching bits and pieces.

Oh it was a tear jerker..Laura was brought back from being in a comatose state for 4yrs...but only Luke knew it was temporary and she would soon start to go back comatose again (he did tell Laura and the kids eventually). She spent time with Lulu, Nikolas, Lucky and remarried Luke (fake ceremony since he is married to Tracy Q) but that days episode was her telling each family member goodbye and then as she was telling Luke goodbye she slipped back into a comatose state...it was so sad, then they showed her thinking back to her first wedding to Luke 25yrs ago..

hehehe got you going didn't I??

sorry guys I will get them up tomorrow promise!!!

Since I broke my promise, I snuck in here at work. SHHHHHHHHHH

All My Children

Upset by JR's refusal to forgive her infidelity, Babe takes out her anger on Josh. Another nasty recorded message from Dr. David Hayward contains dish on Krystal's tryst with Tad. Kendall worries about Ryan's closeness to Annie and Emma. Erica plays tit for tat when she sees that Jackson has invited Brooke to their family's Thanksgiving dinner. Sean feels responsible for the rift between Jack and Erica. Dixie has scandalous news for Tad.

General Hospital

Those marriage-minded lovebirds, Jax and Carly, plan a holiday wedding. In the Cassadine horse stables, Nikolas rekindles old sparks of romance between him and Emily. Elsewhere, that dirty D.A. Ric Lansing orders Lucky Spencer to bring the fugitive Jason Morgan in dead or alive. Alexis warns Sam to beware when Ric does her a legal favor. Later, Lulu Spencer becomes Jason's newest partner in crime.

One Life to Live

Dorian's been dipping into Adriana's inheritance

Courtsey of: TV GUIDE, SOAP PREVIEWS

All My Children

Dr. Jeff Martin becomes ill and has romantic delusions about his ex-wife, Erica. The dead body of Ryan's sister, Erin Lavery, is discovered at the Fusion office. The women in Ryan's life compete to console the hunk. Private eye Aidan suspects that Simone and Erin both fell prey to a serial killer. JR is concerned for Babe's safety, as Zach also worries about Kendall. Zarf and Bianca share another steamy kiss.

General Hospital

Carly's concern for Sonny prompts Jax to rethink their wedding plans. Someone plants drugs on Lucky. Alcazar hatches a plot to blackmail Ric. That crazy Nanny Colleen plans a holiday abduction. Jason and Sam have reason to feel optimistic about their future. Spinelli's geeky skills could help Lulu prove that Laura didn't really kill Dr. Rick Webber.

One Life to Live

Todd tortures Spencer for information about his missing son. Bo suspects that Todd has a hand in Spencer's disappearance. Blair needs a DNA test to find out who fathered her unborn child. Nash and Layla are paired up by two matchmaking newlyweds. Kelly and her infant son, Zane, leave Llanview to live with Kevin in London.

As the World Turns

Nurse Meg wants distance from those toxic men in her life, Paul and Craig. The battle for Jennifer's son, Johnny, gets ugly as someone flees Oakdale with the child in tow. Lily learns the surprising truth about Holden's mystery woman, Tea. Carly and Simon find their stolen diamond in a wacky place.

When Nick begins therapy sessions with Taylor, Jackie worries that past wounds will be reopened. Bridget reluctantly helps Phoebe shelter Shane. Ann attempts to win Stephanie's forgiveness. Thorne pops the question to Taylor. The Forresters have reason to hope that they'll regain their fashion empire.

Guiding Light

Reva meets a hunk named Cal

All My Children

Julia and her friends celebrate Christmas at the Wildwind estate. Jamie is Santa's hunkiest helper. Krystal's naughty secret is close to being outed. Zach has a disturbing memory that's connected to the recent murders. In spite of all the tragedy, Zach tries to give Kendall a joyous holiday.

General Hospital

Spinelli finds an unlikely potsmoking pal. Alexis can't forgive Sam for trysting with her husband. Nurse Liz regrets lying about her unborn baby's paternity. A Jacks family emergency disrupts Jax's plans to marry Carly. Maxie brings her pillow-pregnancy ruse to an end, and pulls an even stranger scam on Lucky. Nanny Colleen makes her move against the Cassadines.

One Life to Live

Todd's wacky revenge plot against Spencer backfires terribly. Vincent has a connection to Natalie's past. Clint and Viki share a Christmas kiss under the mistletoe. Nash gives a special locket to Jessica. Dorian's foe helps bring her closer to Adriana at the holidays.

As the World Turns

A booby-trapped balcony may be Paul's downfall. Katie catches Vienna vamping her way into Mike's arms. Jack's hot on the trail of Carly's crime. Iris spies Gwen sharing a taboo smooch with her brother-in-law, Adam. One of Lily and Holden's kids has a horseback-riding accident.

Jackie is worried by Nick's childhood memories. Eric invites surprise guests to the Forrester family's holiday celebration. Shane has a romantic Christmas gift for Phoebe. Thorne, Taylor and Alexandria remember Darla as they deck their halls with Christmas decorations. Thorne asks Ridge to be the best man at his wedding to Taylor.

Guiding Light

Reva thinks Billy has fallen prey to a gold-digging hussy. Kissin' cousins Jonathan and Tammy succumb to temptation and start an adulterous affair. Ava boards a flight to England with Coop, but she isn't sure about leaving Springfield behind. Harley and Gus fret about Sydney's upcoming adoption hearing.

Uh-oh, JT! Professor Korbel schools Colleen in the ways of pleasure. Elsewhere, Phyllis delivers her baby during an ice storm. Daniel has a car accident on an icy road. Brad and Sharon keep each other warm while taking shelter from the stormy weather. Famed psychic Sylvia Browne visits the Chancellor mansion to investigate Kay's nightmares. (Read our Soaps Q&A with Sylvia Browne by clicking here.)

Days of our Lives

John and Marlena visit an ailing Stefano DiMera to demand answers. Belle, Shawn and Claire spend the day together as a family. Sami agrees to help the Salem P.D. nail EJ, who has more murders on his mind. Max and Mimi find a skeleton. Chelsea comforts her heartbroken mom, Billie, over losing Patch to Kayla.

Passions

Psycho Norma and Mrs. Wallace are among the Christmas carolers on Tabby's doorstep. The Peeping Tom brutally rapes Fancy, who is left in critical condition. Whitney finally says yes to Chad's marriage proposal. Noah and Paloma share their first kiss. The randy Rebecca

All My Children

Tad confronts Zach about his distressing connection to the serial killer. Zach turns to Myrtle for comfort and advice. Bianca shares a midnight kiss with an old friend on New Year's Eve. That same night, Erica Kane enjoys a passionate kiss of her own. Pine Valley's residents are very confused when Zarf takes on a feminine persona called "Zoe."

General Hospital

Nurse Liz has a colorful dream that involves her unborn baby, Lucky and Jason. Later on, she suspects that Maxie's pregnancy was fake. Meanwhile, Lulu and her pals think Dr. Alan Quartermaine had a hand in Dr. Rick Webber's demise. Skye learns that Alcazar has decided to "eliminate" Sonny. Elsewhere, Sonny and Jason are plotting Alcazar's downfall.

One Life to Live

Natalie keeps nudging John about taking his medicine. Lindsay proposes a new direction for Cristian's art career. Fiercely frosty weather conditions force Nash and Jessica to share body heat. Viki and Dorian battle for claim on Clint. Todd and Blair grieve for the son they lost. Later, Blair's health takes a nasty turn for the worse

All My Children

Maggie Stone (Elizabeth Hendrickson) returns to Pine Valley to win back Bianca and ends up involved in the fiasco at Fusion Cosmetics. Babe supports Zarf/Zoe as she struggles to tell her transgender truth to everyone. Zach gets a clue about the serial killer's identity.

General Hospital

Carly gets cold feet about her upcoming marriage of convenience to Sonny. Lucky learns the truth about Maxie's faux pregnancy and miscarriage. Sam needs Spinelli's computer know-how to erase secrets from her past. Ric acquires dirt on Alexis to make her look like an unfit mother to Molly.

One Life to Live

Spencer makes a drastic move to avoid going to the Wingdale psychiatric hospital. As Blair's health crisis worsens, Todd begs her to hold on. Later, the former Mrs. Manning responds to his remarriage proposal. Rex struggles to keep the secret of Tommy's paternity.

As the World Turns

Tom undergoes emergency surgery after his heart attack. Dusty gallantly helps in the search for Emily and Tom's missing son, Daniel. Mike's heart melts when he witnesses Katie's concern for her family. Carly and Simon go on the run from the law. Jack's hunky brother, Brad

All My Children

The serial killer has a rifle

All My Children

Maggie and Zoe verbally square off over Bianca. Ryan and Annie face the fact that they're Emma's parents. JR admits that he truly loves Babe, but the Chandler heir's jealousy and mistrust end up winning out. Kendall takes a risk to lure the Satin Slayer out into the open. A beloved resident of Pine Valley falls prey to the sicko serial killer.

General Hospital

After the bombing of the Metro Court Hotel, GH goes back in time to retrace what led up to the blast: Lucky proposes to Liz. Sam learns a painful truth about her fertility prospects. Several Port Charles residents are under the gun during a sudden hostage crisis.

One Life to Live

Rex looks guilty of a bloody murder. Jessica keeps feeling attracted to Nash. Clint asks out his ex-wife, Viki, on a date. Natalie's good-natured interference continues to alienate John McBain. Blair tries to determine whether Spencer raped her while she was sedated in the hospital.

As the World Turns

A troubled Oakdale youth is shipped off to boarding school. Some local schemers conspire to make Will look guilty of stealing his own money. Emily meets a handsome stranger who jumps to the wrong conclusion about her. Luke steps in to help his little sister, Faith, with her body-image issues. Meg and Craig share a kiss.

The prim Pam has a steamy fantasy about her sister Stephanie's husband, Eric. Nick and Steph are at war again. Elsewhere, Rick and Phoebe discuss how they are not really related

All My Children

In their latest marital showdown, JR blasts Babe with a barrage of vicious insults and threats. Zoe helps Babe counter JR's dirty tricks with one of her own. The Satin Slayer dons a disguise to stalk an unsuspecting lady. Amanda visits her incarcerated mother, Janet, for insight into the serial killer's kooky mind.

General Hospital

After the bombing of the Metro Court Hotel, GH goes back in time to retrace what led up to the blast: The lead hostage taker, Mr. Craig, plays cruel mind games on his captives. Robin undergoes emergency surgery for her gunshot wound. Jason and Spinelli plan a daring rescue mission. Lulu gets closer to the truth about Dr. Rick Webber's murder.

One Life to Live

An encounter between Blair and Marty turns into a nasty bitchfest. The rivals insist that their children, Starr and Cole, must stay away from each other. A hot baseball player named Tate Harmon comes to Llanview to lecture kids about steroid abuse. (Click here for more info on this new character.)(EDIT:see below) Later on, Llanviewers gather to watch Spencer's scandalous video will.

As the World Turns

Once again, Adam and Will's fists fly over Gwen. Margo is named Oakdale's new police chief

All My Children

The Satin Slayer adds a fourth fatality to the growing list of murder victims. Pine Valley gathers to mourn at the funerals of Dixie Cooney Martin and Victim No. 4. Ryan and Annie succumb to passion on Valentine's Day. Erica and Barbara trade bitchy barbs. Janet drops in for a surprise visit with her daughter, Amanda.

General Hospital

As the hostage crisis continues, Monica breaks a medical taboo by performing surgery on her own husband, Alan. Skye's family ties to the Quartermaines are strained. Lulu's life is endangered when Mr. Craig has her in his crosshairs. Maxie keeps on bonding with her favorite ski-masked mercenary, "Three."

One Life to Live

The arsonist strikes again by torching the home of a popular Llanview lady. Elsewhere, Spencer's heir, Miles, introduces himself at the reading of the will. Jessica follows in her family's footsteps by jumping into the newspaper business. On Wednesday, Feb. 14, Starr reads Jack a bedtime story that reimagines everyone in Llanview as fairy-tale characters.

As the World Turns

Police chief Margo is heartbroken as her son, Casey, goes to jail for stealing. Things are even worse for Margo's other son, Adam, whose romantic fixation on Gwen takes a tragic turn. Katie isn't happy to find Brad working at WOAK. Overcome by guilt, Nurse Meg admits the truth about her patient's death and faces the consequences.

Nick trumps the Forresters in the rag-trade game. Brooke feels jealous about Nick's Valentine's Day plans with another woman. B&B hits the 5,000-episode mark on Friday, Feb. 16, when Stephanie, Brooke, Eric and Ridge are snowbound together at the Forrester cabin in Big Bear.

Guiding Light

Cassie admits to Reva that she's been seeing Tammy's ghost. Beth gets divorce papers to sign. Daisy pulls a slutty stunt to help Harley's custody case. Someone is seriously injured when Coop and Alan-Michael tussle over Ava. Dinah has unexpected financial problems.

The mysterious puzzle of the Grugeon reliquary is solved. Kevin is upset when the Genoa City cops find clues that Jana has met with foul play. Elsewhere, Colleen's life is endangered when she finds an incriminating item in Professor Korbel's apartment. On Valentine's Day, Amber charms Cane, while Brad and Sharon make Victoria jealous.

Days of our Lives

After all of his blustering, Philip tells Belle he still loves her and wants to get back together. Abby and Max admit their mutual crush. Hope forgives Chelsea for her sins and the Brady ladies bond. Willow tells Shawn she is pregnant with his child. Patch tells Bo and Kayla that EJ is behind his mental woes.

Passions

Luis is blamed when a lovely lady gets murdered at the Blue Note nightclub. Anonymous text messages terrify Theresa. Miguel is surprised when he's kissed by a drunken slut. The budding romance between Paloma and Noah heats up.

Ex-Young and Restless Starlet Stays Close To Home

Remember lil' Lyndsy Fonseca as teen dreamer Colleen Carlton on The Young and the Restless?

She's guest-starring on CBS' Close To Home