Don't Forget To Cancel Your Feeds

Depeche221

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't have the live feeds but I'm reading the up-date pages again.

I miss BB after dark on Showtime. My evenings are so dull without it.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week, when I was checking my bank statement, I noticed they took out $30 for Real Player. I called the number right away and said I wanted my feeds canceled, and my money back. The lady said she'd do both, and I even got the same e-mail you guys have talked about. But while I was on the phone with her, I decided to check my feeds to make sure they were really canceled. I was still getting the feeds after she said she had already canceled them. She said she'd delete my account or something, and said once again that they were canceled. But, I'm still getting feeds.

Anyone else still getting the feeds after canceling? Or is it just through Morty's links that you can still watch?

My feeds were cancelled on September 17th and on September 28th and then again October 15th. The feeds have been shut off since the 28th of Sept. They billed me and I called to complain. They gave me a credit on my next bill but billed me $29.99 again. I called again and they said they would cancel me again. They keep saying they are sending me an e-mail but I never get one. I wonder if it is some block form RoadRunner keeping foriegn e-mails or whatever.

I never had this problem other years but I am just sooooooo pissed this year. The also told me when I talked to the guy on September that I told him I wanted some special offer. I kept telling them over and over I want NO Real Player and I want my acccount STOPPED.

Can you tell I am angry. I bet I get billed again on my next CC statement.

Marty, I am not huge fan of real.com either. You should be able to logon on with your account and cancel and\or check to see if it has been canceled. If you cancel on line, it pretty much automatic.

I actually still have it because I enjoyed watching the rerun feeds occasionally. I watched feeds a lot the first time and I have yet to see a repeat of what I saw originally, or very little. Dick is just a good the second time. :animated_bouncy:

You can't cancel online... They send you to an area that gives you the 800 number to call, unless they changed it in the past month or so...

Yana, you are correct. I just checked. I Never fallowed the link, just assumed it meant I could cancel online. They probably do that so they can attempt to talk people out of canceling.

Well, my feeds have been turned off. Like I said before, I had called and had them canceled when I saw they billed me $29.99 at the beginning of October. She said she canceled them, but the feeds were still showing. They did that for a week or two. But they're off now. It was just getting interesting, too.

What I wonder is if some of the customer service reps are not processing the "Cancel" request because it makes their individual numbers look bad. They are given incentives to keep customers, and a dropped customer may be count against them.

Suggestion: Request that you be sent a confirmation, otherwise it is just your word that you canceled your subscription.

I have gotten 3 confirmations numbers and they each time promise an e-mail. Never gotten one yet. The billed me twice after I was canceled. No I am owed another credit.

• 2 weeks later...

Last month I called up to cancel my SuperPass, and of course the friendly Indian lady offered to give me a month free, etc. I actually took her up on the offer, because it wasn't a big deal for me to just wait another month and call back. The lady was very friendly and even asked me if I had ever been to India (I didn't think they were supposed to make it that obvious where they were located) :)

Well, a few days ago I was reminded by Microsoft Money that I was about to be billed for SuperPass, so all I did was reply to the email that the lady had sent me about the free month. A couple of hours later I got two emails back confirming that my account was cancelled.

Overall, the process was surprisingly simple... looks like I was the exception to the rule though :(

I'm glad you had an easy time of it, Reptilian! I had a very easy time this year, as always. Plus, I received an extra $10 in music downloads. The guy offered it to me, and I used it, and then called and told them I wanted to cancel. I received the e-mail and received a confirmation via e-mail from the same guy. I think it helps to be really nice to the customer service people. I'm always cheerful and nice to them, and I've never had a problem. :)

Archived