Don't Forget To Cancel Your Feeds

Depeche221

vann.. i will call them the next day and tell them that i couldnt get through the day before and they better not charge me or i will not come back next year..

its not something i am going to worry about. :) life it too short to worry bout small stuff like that ya know ;)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to cancel last night, but kept getting the message, as well.

I called this morning, starting around 9:30am EDT. While it took me three calls to get the phone system to actually drop me into the queue, I then had to wait an additional 20 minutes, before someone answered.

Once I finally had someone on the phone, it took another 10 minutes, just to get her to correctly enter my email address into the system, so she could find my account! It was obvious that English was not her native language, and she was very nice and apologetic, but geeze, it was hard for me to remain cool, throughout the process.

My account is month-to-month, and renews on the 10th, so she cancelled my membership, but it won't actually take effect until the night of the 10th. I have to reply to an email with the word "CANCEL" in it - but four hours later, I've yet to receive the email.

Okay, is anyone else having a hard time watching the re-live feeds? When I use the links I used during the summer from Morty's, it tells me it's not working. When I try to play them from Real, it won't load. I had it this morning for about 30 seconds from Real, but then it went away. Anyone else having trouble?

ya know when you call to cancel the feeds... we are calling india or somewhere over there... yup.. and they give them american names to try and trick us. but the accents give it away every time. :inquisitive: thats why its so difficult!

I canceled mine over a week or so ago and didn't have a problem except in having to repeat my e-mail once but that wasn't a big deal. The person I talked to was very nice and in the past have been so as well. Anyway, when I called it was in the morning and I got the e-mail either that night or the following day.

Regardless of when you cancel you'll have access through the end of what you paid for. It's not that you call and instantly you lose the service.

I know that there have been people that have said they got a confirmation number and that was enough to cancel. Personally I'd still respond to the e-mail to confirm.

Marty,

I received my cancellation email within 5 minutes.

Fizzle,

When you cancel, they tell you that you can still log in and access all of the features you currently use. Even though you cancel, you're still good until the end of your three months.

Here's a portion of the email:

"Please note that although your subscription will remain active until 10/08/2007, you will not incur any additional charges from the date of cancellation."

So, unless you just like to procrastinate, you can get it out of the way now.

I just canceled and the guy was doing a serious hard sell on keeping me on....I also politely declined. He said he'd send an e-mail but I asked for the cancellation confirmation number from him just in case the e-mail never shows.

I always tell them I'll be back next year, seems to make the break-up more like "its not you, its me" feeling rather than saying I don't NEED you anymore. LOL

edit: Received e-mail in less than 10 mins.

It was not bad for me. I called first thing in the morning and still was on hold for about 10 min. He wanted me to send back an e-mail and I told him no just cancell it now and he put me on hold for a second came back and it was done. I used a Credit card that expires 10/07 so I'm not worried about getting charged again! :animated_rotfl:

Well I cancelled my feeds and got a confirmation # but they never sent me an e-mail to cancel. I just got a charge on my charge card for $29.00 from Real Player.

Looks like the are trying to charge me for more time Guess I will have to call them tonight.

Thank you Dep and Cathy for your posts. I nearly forgot all about it! It only took about 10 minutes on the phone and I received my e-mail within about an hour after the phone call. Of course, they tried to keep me subscribed and gave me a complimentary month's service, but I'm good until next year. Thanks, again. This is always a helpful thread! :)

Well I cancelled my feeds and got a confirmation # but they never sent me an e-mail to cancel. I just got a charge on my charge card for $29.00 from Real Player.

Looks like the are trying to charge me for more time Guess I will have to call them tonight.

I hope Marty doesn't get the lady I got when I cancelled mine. She was so hard to understand that her selling tactics were useless. Well, they would have been useless even if Realplayer hadn't outsourced their call center to Bombay since I only get Superpass (Soo-paa-pahs) ;) for BB.

I cancelled a second time and got a second confirmation number. The promised to take the charge off of my card. I haven't had real player since the 21st.

Still never got an e-mail so I could confirm with them.

The man I taked to this time was also really really hard to understand.

So frustraaaaaaaaaaaaaating.

when i called to cancel i got a lady named diane... but she spells it Dauyaun :animated_rotfl: anyways. she asked these questions and i answered:

did you enjoy the service? YES

can i ask why you are canceling your service? NO

{Pause}

would you like to take advantage of... NO

you are paid up until October 3rd. OK

i will send an email and all you have to do is respond to it by Oct. 3rd to cancel your acct. OK

Is there anything else i can help you with? NO

do you have any questions? NO

thank you for choosing real player. Ya, ok. CLICK (hang up)

i got my email later on.

Fizzle I should have let you cancel mine, did not go as easy as yours. First of all I had a lady who I could hardly understand, bad broken englilsh, half the time I had to ask her to repeat what she asked me. Then would not take no, so I said no three times to her and she got the hint.

So if I have to do this again like Marty had to, I may be asking for F..k... supervisor!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea, the girl i got couldnt speak english either. but i am use to that here in NJ.... hahahahaa

people call my office and ask if someone speaks spanish... or korean... or whatever... we always say.. "uhh NO.. we dont.. we all speak english. call back when you find someone that speaks english.

now we have to call a different country to cancel real player... (for something that is used in the U.S.A.) and they give everyone over there americanized names.. last year i had someone named something like john thomas. but in my email from him he spelled it totally weird.

I actually had a great outcome. I was really nice to the guy on the phone, and explained that I get BB feeds every year, and then I cancel until the next year. He offered me an additional $10 credit in the music store, as he saw that I used my music downloads each month while I had the feeds. I thanked him, and hung up. I used my extra $10 worth of music, and then called back and talked to another guy. I told him the same thing, and he was going to offer me something and I told him I did get the extra music. He gave me a confirmation number without me having to ask for it. Then, I went to the e-mail and confirmed that I was canceling. I got an e-mail back from the guy saying he was sorry that I decided to cancel, and that was that. :animated_bouncy:

I never got charged for my feeds... but I remember last year they did charge me after I had already canceled. I have Amex Blue and they are really good about taking charges off. Whenever I get a charge that shouldn't be there, I always go to the online dispute thing and follow the instructions. In that circumstance, I would pick "I have canceled the transaction with the merchant" and they will ask you the approximate date and ask you for a confirmation number if you were given one. If the charge isn't removed from your card, I would recommend doing an online dispute with your credit card company. Chase isn't as great as Amex and I don't have experience with any other credit card companies... but I would definitely give it a shot if they don't take the charge off.

I called to cancel and the lady tried to get me to accept some other offer, I said no thank you, so we went on for a second with her asking me questions and me answering them, when we go to the end she said ok so I will send you an e-mail to confirming that you will get one free month and if you change your mind at any time during the next month you will call us again...

I said NO, you will cancel my account right now... I don't want a free month, I only want you to cancel my subsciption...

So she put me on hold and then came back and gave me a cancellation number, and before I hung up with her I had recieved the e-mail and this is what it says...

Thank you for contacting the Real Customer Support Center. This e-mail confirms the cancellation of your subscription to SuperPass as of 10/03/2007. Please note that although your subscription will remain active until 10/03/2007, you will not incur any additional charges from the date of cancellation.

Before you go, you may want to check out Rhapsody, the ultimate digital music experience. Rhapsody gives you unlimited legal access to over 1 million songs. Try it free for 14 days! Click here to learn more.

If you would like to keep using RealPlayer Plus but no longer wish to subscribe to SuperPass, click on the link below to continue enjoying the benefits of our most powerful RealPlayer.

http://www.real.com/player/

In the meantime, if there's anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact us at our Customer Support Site.

Thank you,

Real Customer Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message. If you would like to contact RealNetworks please click here or call 866-420-5833.

Archived