Don't Forget To Cancel Your Feeds

Depeche221

They do make it extremely hard to cancel. I was on hold for 25 minutes and barely able to understand the man. I then received an email saying I was paid up till early Oct. and if I DIDN'T CALL BACK at that time my subscription would continue. Somewhere, easily missed, was a line saying TO CANCEL I NEEDED TO RESPOND to their email. So, don't just assume since you called and they emailed back that you've cancelled Superpass!

Respond: Cancel!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been puting this off for weeks now. I didn't realize it would be such a pain in the bum to get down. I should have known these greedy bastards would try to pull some poop like this.

It's been the worst season ive seen and i've been watching since the 2nd one. I'm afraid Evil has ruined this game forever now w/ his tactics. Some who get picked will undoubtably attempt to play the way he did. He's a scumbag and I also think Housecalls is a fraud and Alison is even worse than that!

It's weird to hear how some of you are getting the run around with this. I've never had a problem... this year was no exception. 5 min later, it's done with cancel confirmation # in hand (though it's paid until Oct. 2nd).

When I call I start off by saying, "Hi, I'm just looking to cancel my pass as I only bought it for Big Brother, but I will be purchasing it again next summer"... I think that helps to ensure my call is speedy. They know why I bought it in the first place, and how they're not losing me as a customer because I didn't like their service (even though I do, but sadly need it for my BBreloader to work), and they know they'll be getting me again.

Good luck all!

Okay, so I've never watched any finale or anything on real player. Can I really see all that stuff..like the after party or what? I just have never bothered to before. When it gets to this boring part of the season I just delete real player off my computer...blah.

He tried to get me to do the thing where he sends and email and I have to reply to the mail by the 25th and then they would cancel, but I said no thank you and that I wanted to cancel today. I got put on hold for about 2 minutes and when he came back, it was done. - depeche

Yeah, Depeche's experience was mine as well. No email that I had to respond to. Just the 2 minute Hold and they came back with it a done deal. Thx for opening this thread so everybody can see the different ways it goes down and be prepared.

7.gif

Thank you guys so much for this helpful info! Because of this thread I was completely prepared when the customer service agent pulled every trick he knew to get me to reconsider or at least wait until October. Then he tried the e-mail tactic where I have to respond and I simply said "or you could cancel my subscription now like I asked you to". At that point he put me on hold for less than 30 seconds and when he returned he had a cancellation number for me and I was all done. Thanks again!

OMG I hate when companies try to sell you things when you call to cancel something. I sure wish all you had to do was press the cancel button and it cancels it for you. This call the customer service number is a pain. Would have been better had the guy not tried to sell me on other products they had. At one point I had to just tell him Dude just cancel my member I don't want to buy anything.

I, too, just called and cancelled my superpass. Got my confirmation #, account is good until 9/29, got the confirmation email which specifically say, I do not have to do anything else and it will be cancelled as of 9/29. I was on hold around 2 minutes and had no problems. (The English was a little hard to follow but mostly because the gentleman was extremely polite and kept thanking me for everything I needed to tell him. lol) Thanks for the reminder, everyone. Oh, I, also, used the 'I only sign up for Big Brother and I'll be back next year.' Seemed to keep the trying to talk me into anything else down to a minimum.

I cancelled today and got an email that said my real service was cancelled on 9/17/07 but will remain active until 10/9/07. Do I need to respond to anything at this point or is this just a confirmation email. I don't see a link to cancell on the email? This is the first year I have gotten the live feeds so thank's Dep for the info that you have to call, I was just going to cancel online. Whew, I am glad I didn't.

Lord, please don't forget to cancel your feeds. That's why I don't get them anymore. I would cancel, they would give that stupid complementary month, then you'd have to call again to get them to cancel. It was a vicious cycle and I don't time for that! I finally called and told the lady, "look, don't even give me the complementary month, just cancel it!". :censored:

I canceled no problem...no sales pitch either. I've called Real a couple times because of minor tech problems and they helped me fix them easily. I've found them to be very friendly and helpful. No complaints here! :)

I cancelled by phone and talked to someone with an accent very hard to understand. He said I was good unitl 9/29 but I never got the e-mail. Should I be worried? (I had to repeat my e-mail address to him 10 times)

I have been trying to cancel my feeds all morning. I keep get a message saying your call can't be completed at this time please call back later. They ONLY give you one option (that I know of) to cancel your feeds. So what do I do if I can't reach someone? This is really pissing me off. They should have another way to cancel the feeds other than calling. I know next year I'm going to pay with a Pre-paid credit card so I won't have to worry about them having access to re-new my membership automatically without my permission.

just try again i was getting the same bs

dont press the cancel number which is 2

press another number that usual works eg usually the purchase number then when connected to customer service ask to be transfer

companies use that tactic to keep folks from canceling

UVP, There is only 2 options available. I get the same stupid recording pushing either 1 or 2. I even tried to push 0 to try to reach someone and when I do I get a recording saying your entry is invalid please try again.

I would imagine other people on here are calling in to cancel now that BB is over. Wonder how your getting through. I have tried a ton of times already.

i see lol

i guess they figure anyone calling must want to cancel

but it is pure crap that only way to cancel is through the phone

Archived