Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:53 PM

Sabrina Bryan and Mark Ballas

Sabrina Bryan

PROFESSION:
Actress and recording artist

PARTNER:
Mark Ballas

BACKGROUND:
Equally successful on screen and stage, Sabrina Bryan continues to demonstrate her creative versatility. Performing since she was seven years old, Sabrina is currently a member of the multi platinum recording act, The Cheetah Girls, as well as the star of the hugely successful Disney Channel movie franchise of the same name. Sabrina also starred in and co produced a fitness dance DVD called BYOU which was created so young girls can have fun learning cool, hip hop style dancing and get fit at the same time. BYOU was founded in early 2006 and has sold more than double platinum. She is also co writing the book Princess of Gossip for Pocket/MTV Books.

She also lends her voice to the National Spokesperson for Healthy Kids Challenge which promotes healthy eating and lifestyle to school aged children all over the United States.

Sabrina can next be seen reprising her role of "Dorinda" in the upcoming The Cheetah Girls 3. In addition, The Cheetah Girls' next studio album "TCG" will be released September 25, 2007.

Mark Ballas

ACHIEVEMENTS:

British Juvenile Ballroom and Latin American dance champ
US Open to the World, British Open to the World and International Open to the World Junior Latin American Champ
Junior Olympics Gold Medal Winner
British Open to the World, US Open to the World, International Open to the World, United Kingdom, Youth Latin American Dance Champion

CELEBRITY PARTNER:
Sabrina Bryan

STATS:
Style: Latin
Nationality: American
Based in: London, England

BACKGROUND:
Mark was born in Houston, Texas to Corky and Shirley Ballas, two of the biggest names in dance. When he was very young, they moved to London, England where he began his performing career. He joined the Italia Conti Academy of Dramatic Arts Associate School at age 4, where his training in acting and singing/dancing began. At age 11, he earned a full time spot at the Academy. He also earned a full scholarship to the college and won performer of the year in 2005.

Mark has also performed in theater. He played the lead in the musical Copa Cabana, as well as playing roles in Maria de Buenos Aires, The Buddy Holly Musical and at the London Palladium.

His dancing partner, Julianne Hough, and her brother Derek Hough moved to England when they were young and lived with Mark and his parents. There, they were trained by Mark's parents, Corky and Shirley Ballas. They became close friends and still are to this day.

Mark's biggest passion is his band "Almost Amy." Together with his best friend and fellow dancer, Derek Hough, they write and perform all their original music.

#2 Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 30,354 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:15 AM

I don't think I would have scored her as high. She was good with her feet and moves but the moves looked so hard and sharp to me.

It is probably just me because I see some of the professional dancers dance hard and jerky too.

I liked her personality and enthusiasm.

#3 Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:42 PM

She could be Charro's daughter -- maybe granddaughter? I don't know-- Charro's been around as long as I can remember.

#4 Rejuvenated

Rejuvenated

• Pip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:52 AM

I see some of the professional dancers dance hard and jerky too.

To me Karina is one of those hard, jerky professionals.....very aggressive.

#5 TV_Paige

TV_Paige

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:12 AM

Marty, I wouldn't have scored her performance as high either. Not to say she wasn't good but I thought she looked a little forced and stiff in her movement. Perhaps she'll grow on me. She'll have to really work on smoothing out her style next week in her ballroom dance routine.

#6 Rejuvenated

Rejuvenated

• Pip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:30 AM

Hmmm, I guess she didn't progress that much after all. Re-reading these early posts I see the same criticisms the judges gave her Monday night.

#7 laladoopiedu

laladoopiedu

Live Feed Updater

• 6,169 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:03 AM

I just heard this on the radio. And the audience was booing! How did they end up going home if everyone liked them? And who were they up against?

#8 Rejuvenated

Rejuvenated

• Pip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:26 AM

Cameron and Edyta

#9 jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:23 AM

Hmmm, I guess she didn't progress that much after all.

Juv. . . you know better than to expect an outcome based on her dancing alone. Progressing is just some crap the judges throw out when they have nothing else to say. Helio progressed downward last week, should he have gone? Marie & Jane both got their lowest scores and their worst critiques this week. I know you don't like Sabrina but you can't really think she deserved to go this week.

#10 Rejuvenated

Rejuvenated

• Pip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:21 AM

First of all, I don't dislike her, she's just a little girl on a Dance show. Of course, based on dancing ability alone she was the best, no question. There's also a reason for that. I'm just glad she's gone because now it evens the field for everyone else. As I posted elsewhere, either Jane or Marie should have gone this week, based on dancing alone.

#11 Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 30,354 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:38 AM

Wow what a shocker. ohmy.gif

She was not my favorite in personality but she was one of the TOP dancers.

#12 gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:18 AM

Same here Marty, I think she just did not have the fan base......sad because she was on of the stronger dancers

#13 erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:26 AM

Yup, she definately should have stayed over Jane or Maria. Sad.

#14 TV_Paige

TV_Paige

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:30 PM

Couple News

Bryan Still 'Dancing' with Partner
by Kate Stroup

Sabrina Bryan and Mark Ballas

After weeks of speculation, "Dancing With the Stars" recently ousted Sabrina Bryan is coming clean about her off-screen sparks with dance partner, Mark Ballas. In fact, she's positively gushing. "I absolutely love and adore him," she told TVGuide.com.

And thanks to their shocking October 30 departure from the show, the former favorites finally have time to explore their feelings—starting with a romantic night out this weekend. "['Mark is'] joking that it's our first date," she told TV Guide. "We've always hung out, millions of times, millions of dinners. But this is different."

"We've been so focused on the competition . . . but now that that has died down, we'll see where it goes," Bryan said of their blossoming romance. "We haven't had a chance to do any of that [dating] or even talk about it. We didn't even realize that people would think that about us until they started asking us."

The Cheetah Girls include: (L-R) Adrienne Bailon, Kiely Williams
and Sabrina Bryan

Bryan added, "Because you get so close to someone, you get so comfortable, that you don't even see it." Though their dances on the show were full of passion, fans really didn't get to see the true depth of their feelings until Sabrina got the boot and she lovingly called Mark "baby" as they said goodbye on air.

Bryan and Ballas are not the first to find love on the dance floor. Mario Lopez and his former partner, Karina Smirnoff moved in together last spring. One of the reasons Bryan and Ballas appeared to have struck up a romance was the serious amount of time they spent together rehearsing.

"He's just so close to me," Bryan said. "And the fact that Mark and I were able to get so close so quickly was so awesome. It made everything so comfortable. It made me able to trust him in ways that would've stopped or held back my performances had I not trusted him."

"I mean, I'm in a music group now with the Cheetah Girls," Bryan continued. "And one of my biggest fears was stepping away from them and not having someone around me that I felt was my true family. The Cheetah Girls feels like family."

#15 TV_Paige

TV_Paige

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:03 AM

Injury News

Ballas Dislocates Shoulder During Performance

Mark Ballas and Sabrina Bryan

Mark Ballas dislocated his shoulder while performing the Cha-Cha with his partner (and real life love), "Cheetah Girl" Sabrina Bryan, during Tuesday's "Dancing With the Stars" finale. Ballas, 21 — who had been complaining of back and shoulder pains — had injured himself during rehearsals. But during the routine, the pain worsened, Bryan, 23, said.

"He was saying, 'Don't go! Don't go!'" Bryan said. "Honestly, I think he was starting to panic so much that it was hurting that he just started spitting words out. I was like, 'What are you talking about?' You're in the zone when you're dancing and then all of the sudden he pulled me back to reality. I'm just freaking out right now. I've never seen him react like that."

Bryan — who announced her plans to join Ballas on the "Dancing With the Stars" tour — said she planned on visiting him in the hospital after the finale. "I'm not really sure what happened," she said. "He was hurting bad enough to want to go. He's a dancer so he has to take care of his body."

#16 Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 30,354 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 01:06 PM

Watching her dance on her comeback performance she still seemed to be such a HARD dancer. She is good and talented but I prefer the softer movements then her jerky hard ones.

IMO

#17 Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,602 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

If I had to pick a winner right now (with Louis V.A.) it would be her. I know what you mean, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users