Definition Please...

betsnow

I can't seem to get my head around what "good people" are... it just appears to be such a broad term that is really used to put others down. And do good people pray to win money and contests? Just curious to see what others impressions are with regard to the "good people" and what it takes to be one.

I too would like to know the answer to this... I don't think any of them are "good" people in the house... Outside of the house is different... I have found in my interviews that that house does strange things to people... There have been people that I really disliked inside the house, but have talked to them outside the house and love them as a person... IE: Ivette and Beau... There are other's but these two are the ones that pop into my head now...

The problem is "good" is a subjective term... I might think something is good and someone else might think it's really bad... The problem saying anyone in this game is "a good person" is that they all have to do a certain amount of lying, backstabbing, going back on their word, etc to play the game...

Good and bad are concepts. They are subjective terms and mean different things to different people. Amber and Jameka are good people because the other side said so. I don't know what Amber was talking about when she called the other side the good people. Maybe we'll get a spinoff of this season..."Good vs. Bad and the slap happy houseguests who live together."

There's no such thing as "good people".

You can classify different levels of kindness and caring, but differentiating between "good" and "bad" is not only subjective, but rude as hell (I'm talking to YOU Amber).

On top of that, no one can be totally good or totally bad anyway, even if they tried.

That's a good point, nice guys finish last in BB....yet in Survivor, nice guys CAN win.

An example I bring up often is that fireman guy from like three years ago. He didn't backstab anyone, he was straight-forward, he stuck with his alliance...and he's a fireman...yet he won. He won because he kept winning immunity idols and didn't give his alliance any reason to backstab him since he was such a good guy.

Tina from season 2 was a pretty nice person as well and didn't do to many underhanded things. So was Ethan in Africa...hell he was a pretty awesome guy.

Hell, even Jenna Morasca was a very decent person as was Danni the sports radio chick from two years ago.

It's funny how we sometimes think Survivor you need to lie, cheat and backstab to win, but more than half the winners of Survivor have been pretty decent in the game.

Huh, now that I think of it, it pays MORE in Survivor to AVOID being underhanded if at all possible.

An example I bring up often is that fireman guy from like three years ago. He didn't backstab anyone, he was straight-forward, he stuck with his alliance...and he's a fireman...yet he won.

I think you meant he lost. Do you mean Eric?

Edit: So sorry, you're talking about another show...I thought you meant BB (the only one I watch of the popular reality shows).

I think that to win BB you can't really be "good" to win.

Sometime in the game you're going to have to lie, and go

back on your word.

BB is a game to win $$$ and most people are going to do

what they gotta do to win it. The only reason I'd go on BB

is to win the moolah! :lei:

I wouldn't be mean to someone but I'd sure lie and cheat if

I could get away with it...lol The cheating would make me "bad"?

JMHO :pixiedust:

Any time you have an "us and them" situation, each side is going to consider themselves t be better in some way (or many ways) than their opponents. In this case, we have those who think they are "good" against those who who think they are smarter and better game players. It seems to be a way for people to maintain their confidence, that they are more entitled to win than others.

Archived