Why Do The Obvious Threats Make-it So Far?

ThatGuy

I find-it funny how the most obvious alliances and threats have managed to make-it so far the last couple of seasons in BB. In the All-Star season, it was obvious that the closest alliance there was Will and Boogie. However, they managed for the both of them to stay in the game until the final 4. In this season of BB, while Dick and Danielle weren't fond of each-other at the beginning they still made an agreement to try to help each-other out and I don't think anybody believed they weren't in some sort of an alliance. However, they've managed to make-it this far into the game and it looks fairly certain (unless Danielle decides to use the Veto and Zach screws them over in a "backdoor" Eric plan) they'll both survive this week. We all know that Will and Boogie were able to make-it far last season because they were able to deflect attention from themselves and focus the targeting of the house between the BB6 alliance and the floaters. In this season, Danielle has been able to acquire the veto whenever she's being targeted, and the assistance of Eric has allowed Dick to gather-up enough votes to stay in the house the times he's been targeted. Still, I find this fact very interesting.

Why do you think they make-it so far?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know I am really getting tired of being called stupid, because I don't vote the way someone else thinks I should...I don't call anyone stupid or any other name on here and I really don't appreciate someone else doing it either...

what is with the "america is stupid" comments?

when people say that, they are basically saying anyone here that doesnt vote a certain way... is stupid. and what is worse... the majority is voting that certain way.. so the majority is stupid hu?

give me a break already!

Note that it's not the Dick or Daniele fans that are doing any name calling... Isn't that why most of the ones that don't like Dick say is the reason they don't like Dick, because of his name calling and tirades? Seems to me they* are doing the same...

* means those that are calling people stupid for not voting the way they want them to...

It's far too easy to put the blame on Eric/AP. The fact of the matter is, is that Zach and those before him, had all the opportunities to put up D&D but didn't... especially within the last 2 weeks.

I think the HGs are thinking that those in the jury hate D&D far too much to actually vote for them to win. So, to keep them in the game, use them to further yourself, would fair you better at the end when actually sitting beside one of them. It makes sense.

Why do people gets so touchy......... by stating that "America is stupid" wouldn't it include all Americans that voted? Thatguy didn't actually say Americans that voted for a certain person are stupid. I think that Dick was percieved as the cool guy in the house to start off with. Group dynamics is an interesting thing, people who don't like to be the center of attention hide behind ( or follow ) those who like to be. oops, I should say Kaysar_Rules was the statement maker

We aren't getting "touchy" this has been going on for weeks now and it's really not necessary at all... If you disagree with the way things are going, you can post those opinions without calling ANYONE stupid...

SOV It's because it's been going on for weeks and it's always someone that doesn't like Dick and they post that kind of thing, but when someone else posts that America had their say with the way Eric was to vote, it's always don't include me in that statement and when we tried to say the same thing you just did, it's always some excuse why we shouldn't do that, but it's ok for them to do it... Make sense... I am not saying that Thatguy is the one always doing it, but a lot of people are doing it...

The reason D&D are still in the house together is becasue America voted Dustin out. If there was not an AP thing this year Dick would have been gone weeks ago. They have not left since then becasue the next week Dani won HOH and didn't put her Dad up. Then Jess. won and didn't put them up becasue of the agreement they had made with D&D. Now Zach is HOH and he thinks he is in with the 2 of them so he put up other players.

So it is a combo of the AP and the fact that D&D are good at getting everyone to trust them. Just like Chill Town they have somethign going with everyone in the house and the other house guest are too stupid to see it and do something aobut it.

I agree with you JAS....getting Dustin out helped D/D and Dani is

good at winning comps. D/D and E/J in the final 4 is ok with me.

They did have an agreement with E/J to go to the F4 with them.

I know they also talked a deal with Zach too.

Note: BB fans are not stupid!!! It's just a game! JMHO :pixiedust:

Jessica, with the help of Eric, is why Dustin and Amber left. She put them on the block. Target or not, she put them on the block. And, with a lot of help from AP, Dick and Dani are still there.

This thread is about why the big threats make it so far. Would you guys rather the big threats go farther in the game, as they're big game players and actually play the game, or get them all out early and have a whole bunch of floaters and people who barely play the game at the end?

The big threats make it farther in the game because they play the

game harder and floaters float along on others coat-tails. I personally

would rather a strong player win or go far than someone who just sits

back and doesn't try, or floats. JMHO :pixiedust:

well I am not a Dick fan at all and have stated that on the boards but I also believe, whether I like his style of game playing he has certainly been one of the few this year that has at least played the game. The others should have realized keeping the father/daughter team would be an advantage to them but I think they all want air time and knew those two were getting it due to the back story.

Calling people names on the boards is not cool. Everyone has their own opinion. (But of course mine is the right one!!! :hahohi: )

Have the houseguests this year been bad game players? Well, for the most part, I think YES. But with that said Daniele will probably win this year because too many in the jury will not vote for Dick or Eric. I would like to see it be Dick and Eric in the final two just to see how the others really would vote!

I think that the team of Dick and Daniele have really been playing the game. They always have game play in their heads and thinking about their next move. I happen to think Dani is the brains in the game.

Eric and Jessica is a strong team in their devotion to each other but the only one playing the game in that team is Eric. Jessica is all about being the party girl and on her own is unable to make a decision. If she had her head in the game I think that could be a formidable team.

Unless something wacky happens on Thursday double eviction I see Dick and Daniele going all the way to F2.

Funny, visit the political threads on this board and "America" is called stupid many a time for voting Bush in.

I was part of that "America" and who cares what people think about how I vote in polls that actually count for something or in polls related to hg on a "reality" tv show.

Eric deserves what he gets like the others before him who did not break up strong alliances. Well, he's in a strong alliance with Jessica and that looks like it's over...they have all missed the opportunity, one time or another to be rid of threats.

People seem to think AP runs the game and controls who goes. AP is only one vote. Blame the rest of the actual voters also, but don't just blame one vote because it takes more than that to make a majority.

AP choice was so predictable, even Eric had it figured out before he opened the envelope (sans 1 time).

I think the original poster was stating that teams are obvious threats and though it was obvious to many here the hg continued to let the threat stay. Dick and Dani were a team to begin with due to relationship, other pairs were made during the progress of the game which is logical because strangers became friends. But, I too find it odd that a father/daughter team would not be broken up from the beginning. The other hg were gullible and believed the estrangement story, I guess. JMO

I think they've made it this far because they are just that damn good and AP saved Dick's ass one week and has forced Eric to kind of join. But in the earlier weeks, Dick/Dani played a wonderful game.

Why did I just say that?

o.O

Archived