Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Todd Herzog

well noone is going to know that now that Dave is gone, unless he told someone

Didn't we see Todd look at that thingy on the arbor? Maybe it didn't register with him, or maybe he's waiting for an undercover moment.

We can't even say for sure that the thingy is the II, can we? They keep showing it to us, but I would certainly never suspect that it was the idol.

Didn't we see Todd look at that thingy on the arbor? Maybe it didn't register with him, or maybe he's waiting for an undercover moment.

We can't even say for sure that the thingy is the II, can we? They keep showing it to us, but I would certainly never suspect that it was the idol.

Yes, he looked right at it, like they next scene would be him climbing up there.

The thing they keep showing has to be the II or maybe there is a compartment behind it. Personally, I think the symbol must be Chinese for immunity or something. One of the clues makes reference to bats and when they show the thing up close, you can see four bats surrounding it.

I like the fact that he is TOTALLY playing the game and isn't letting emotions rule him. He definitely has his eyes on the prize!

Who, in their right mind, gives up a freakin immunity idol? The plan was flawed from the get-go. You don't let other people know you have an immunity idol or whatever. Now James has one and can possibly have another one... and since we saw from the previews that the tribes merge next week, James is sitting pretty. It was a stupid move. On top of that, they look for it while everyone is at camp!!! Patience, people!

Dont worry I realy believe after the Merge James gives it back which is his grave mistake in this game. Todd not so stupid after all.

I think Todd is playing really well in both strategy and overall game, but I just don't feel myself being drawn to him as a favorite or someone I want to win. If he were in the final 2, not knowing how the rest of the game will play out, I'd say he probably deserves it, but I'm hoping he goes.

The problem with an elaborate plan as Todd developed is that there are many things that can go wrong. If all goes right, you look brilliant. If something unplanned happens, you look rather foolish. The thought behind the plan was good but it lacked a contingency. Plus, while it is good to play as a group, you also have to always remember that this is an individual competition. It would be damn difficult for me to give up an immunity idol.

I thought it was a good plan, till it completely backfired on him....

I thought it was a strangely gutsy move. Yes, it blew up in his face and, no, I wouldn't have risked the II for it, but I think it might end up helping him in the long run. I mean, James now trusts him, Amanda trusts him, Frostie trusts him, and Denise trusts him. And him being crazy enough to give James the II probably only makes them trust him more. If the tribe merges next week like the previews show, I think he'll be sitting pretty for quite awhile. I don't think any of those people would vote him out.

Why not just hold a picnic underneath the immunity idol...have someone boost him up and take it down...have all of them rub it like buddha for good luck...instead of going around secretly to every single (almost, but might as well all of them) one of the survivors and tell his plans...

I was really surprised he game James the II. But it was a good plan. Even though it didn't work out, it wasn't a complete bust, since they got rid of Sherea.

Hmmm the II is an overated tricket. Todd used it in an excellent way. He solidified his alliance with James, Amanda and Denise and took on Frosti as an ally. If you don't know for sure if you are gonna be voted out, using the II is a crap shoot. James knew if his tribe lost, he'd be a goner. The II was the only thing that will save him, so it was perfect for him to have it and Todd is strong with his allies. Even though the plan failed, the alliance is still strong.

Can you name one survivor that has ever made it to the end without an alliance? I cant for the life of me.

In chess, the queen is your strongest piece, but sometimes its smart to sacrifice the queen for a better position. Same goes for the HII.

It WAS a good move, imo, but it backfired. Will be interesting to see how it all works out now.

Well, I guess all we can do is see how it works out. But for me, it seemed way too risky and flawed from the get go.

In chess, the queen is your strongest piece, but sometimes its smart to sacrifice the queen for a better position. Same goes for the HII.

I tend to agree with you on this one, baron. I've never been one to sacrifice my queen, but I always admire those who have the guts to risk it ;) . We don't know yet whether it will be the gutsy move that pays off or the stupid move that ultimately ends the game for Todd...I vote gutsy...we shall see...

Reminds me of a discussion I was having with my friend recently. Robert E Lee, on several occasions, divided his army in the face of Union troops. According to all military doctrine, dividing your forces is a really bad thing to do. Yet, Lee did it and he was vicorious. History remembers him as a great general. Now, if Lee had divided his forces and got his butt kicked, history would remember him as the idiot who lost the war.

I think Todd will be remembered the same way. If he wins, he'll be a genius. If he loses, he'll be the idiot that gave away the idol.

Sign in to follow this