Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Michael "frosti" Zernow

photo_frosti.jpg

Frosti

Home Town: Chicago, IL

Bio

Originally from Traverse City, Michigan (he attended Central High School there), Michael "Frosti" Zernow is currently a film student at Columbia College in Chicago (he's in his junior year). Half Japanese/half Russian, Zernow has been practicing Parkour and free-running for over five years and has been hired as a traceur (a practitioner of Parkour) and free-runner in television, advertisements and corporate events, including one of Madonna's world tours. (Parkour is essentially making the environment into an obstacle course. Through running jumping, or climbing, all obstacles can be overcome and all destinations are reachable. Free-running takes the movements of Parkour and adds style and flair. Think along the lines of urban gymnastics and building break dancing).

In high school, Zernow was captain of the wrestling and track teams. In addition, he practiced Aikido, a form of martial art that both his parents teach. While still in high school, he was suspended for a day because he dressed up like a Ninja and climbed on the roof of the school.

Zernow describes himself as creative, dynamic and determined. His hobbies include art, social philosophy and skateboarding. He recently returned from a trip to Hong Kong, where he hiked up a mountain with friends wearing three-dollar sandals.

Zernow currently resides in Chicago. His birth date is February 15, 1987.

Favorites

Colors Blue

Scents Vanilla

Flowers Roses

Board Games Scrabble

Video/Computer Games Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

Sports to Play Parkour, wrestling

Sports Teams The Tribe

Outdoor Activities Rock climbing, skateboarding, parkour

TV Shows Heroes, Scrubs

Movies Lost in Translation, Brick

Music RJD2, Nujabes, Elliott Smith, Nick Drake, The Notwist

Magazines Blender, Spin, Urban Climber

Books/Authors Jack Kerouac

Cereal Frosted Flakes

Fruit Pineapple

Chips/Snacks Trail mix

Cookies Soft-chew macadamia nut

Candy Bars Snickers

Alcoholic Drinks No favorite

Non-Alcoholic Drinks Cranberry juice

CBS

He's like if Yul & (Top Chef) Hung morphed...hmmmmm

FIRST JURY MEMBER

Hey, he likes Heroes, so let's cut him some slack, ok? :D

I actually think he will add some interest to the game...we'll end up either loving him or hating him.

Not sure about this guy yet. He spent a lot of time talking about how great he is going over walls, etc. -- but when it came down to it, he had a hard time keeping up with James. All talk? Too soon to tell.

I'll save my thoughts for this one (and some others) till later.

shhhhhh ....i have a lil crush . . . him and todd would be cute . . lol

he got over the walls fine... he just forgot to unlatch the dropdoor.... if it wasnt for that.. he probably would have been done before the other team.

I actually thought he eased over those walls FASTER than the other leader in the race. He acted like he was spiderman, and I was impressed. The problem I saw outside of the latch was he physically had trouble holding the head for so long and began to lag in the walking parts.

I agree, the scaling the wall was not a problem. Can't fault a littler guy for having troubles keeping up with big James for the rest and didn't get beaten by much.

He's into free running, which I never heard of before. I looked it up on You Tube and its like something like Jackie Chan does in his movies. The stuff they were doing on You Tube was pretty impressive. This guy didn't seem to have any edge over James though. In fact, I think James' longer reach and brute strength put Michael to shame. Still, I see Mike as dominating in later challenges. He needs to get a good alliance going, or he'll have a huge target on his back.

I think he's adorable. He's my early on favorite.

And come on,,,,, Look at the muscles on James! The Incredible Hulk would have a rough time keeping up with him!

I wanted to let you all know that I now have contact with Frosti and if you all would like, I could try to get an interview, but you have to remember that they aren't allowed to tell you anything that happened in the game that might be a spoiler...

Did Frosti grow a couple of inches last night? He looked just as tall as Dave during the IC, but I know he's one of the shorter guys.

He gets a heart too...I'd better be careful or I'll be like Francis and hand out too many! ;)

I'll be like Francis and hand out too many!

They should kidnap Frosti or do a red-rover and switch Frosti with Courtney.

OOOOOH, yes! I feel bad for Frosti, being stuck with the Losers... er... Zhan Hu.

I think Frosti is a cutie....I hope he goes far.

His hair isn't too bad.... JMHO :pixiedust:

Sign in to follow this