Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Courtney Yates

photo_courtney.jpg

Courtney

Home Town: New York, NY

Bio

Courtney Yates grew up in Boston, the only sister with three brothers, two older, one younger, all much bigger. She attended Suffolk University, studying at both the main Boston/Beacon Hill campus and the University's West African campus, located in Dakar, Senegal. She paid her way through college working nights as a passenger service agent for a major airline at Boston's Logan International Airport, spent time as a receptionist at a high-end hair salon, and has even worked as a "historical interpreter" (a tour guide in costume) at historic homes in Salem, Massachusetts. She graduated in May, 2003, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English. Yates is currently a waitress in a popular restaurant in New York City's Union Square, where she enjoys the fast pace and the freedom her job affords her.

Yates' main hobbies include reading and learning new things. She loves history and enjoys keeping ongoing lists of things to look up whenever she comes across something new or interesting. Yates has a large and varied collection of friends with whom she loves going out, eating, drinking and, of course, gossiping, a long-practiced skill she hopes will serve her well on SURVIVOR: CHINA. Originally from Boston, her sport of choice is baseball, and despite now living just a few stops from Yankee Stadium, she remains a loyal member of Red Sox Nation.

Yates is best described as honest (sometimes interpreted as cruel), sarcastic (often interpreted as bitchy) and physically small. She is aware that people find her slight frame curious, and at times controversial, but she warns people against judging her on looks alone. She proclaims that her body weight (or lack thereof) is purely genetic, as both her parents are tall and thin as well. She claims to be tough as nails, both mentally and physically, and is ready for the challenge of SURVIVOR.

Yates currently resides in New York City with her rescued, semi-reformed alley cat, Catullus (named for the poet). Her birth date is March 26, 1981.

Favorites

Colors Grey, green, white

Scents Bacon

Flowers Iris, dandelions, ivy

Board Games Any trivia game, Jeopardy, Trivial Pursuit

Video/Computer Games The Oregon Trail

Sports to Play Snowboarding

Sports Teams Boston Red Sox, all Boston teams, Mets

Outdoor Activities Sunbathing, dining al fresco

TV Shows Family Guy, House, American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Flava Flav shows

Movies Gone with the Wind, The Royal Tenenbaums, Dangerous Beauty

Music Classic rock, mainstream hip hop

Magazines In Touch, Star, Soap Opera Digest, Smithsonian, Current Archeology

Books/Authors Francine Prose, Margaret Atwood

Cereal Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Fruit Pineapple, coconut

Chips/Snacks Chips and dip, guacamole, Cheetos, hummus and toast

Cookies Shortbread, brownies, Reese

She reminds me of Gwen Steffani a bit. Very cute! I hope she proves the others wrong in that she's stronger than she looks.

Ok im hooked, anyone who lists bacon as their favorite scent awesome

God, what is it with Survivor and girls named Courtney? What is this like 3 years in a row?? BOOT

Definitely not a floater-type. She'll definitely be the one we love to love, or love to hate. My guess is that she'll be the weakest link very soon in the game and won't make it to the jury...

Bambi better not have one of those airheaded OR baby sounding voices.

Can't wait to hear her Boston/New Yawk accent.

She really does look a lot like Gwen Stefani!

gotta admit.. i am waiting to hear the voice myself. other than that... she is a cutie. and a self proclaimed sassy one.

oh my, no no, she does not look like gwen! haha

after her performance tonight I say she may be a slight bit snobby, she's from the Big Apple, and people just do not act like that !! says she!! Not my kinda girl, we will see

I'm gonna need to see more of her...

LMAO King you mean more of her or MORE of her???

There isn't much more of her...

She's got attitude though...

Tude girl!

I kinda want her to hang around for a while for the entertainment.

Some posts in this thread were removed so please note:

Please remeber where you are. This is NOT the Big Brother forum and I'm not as nice as CeCi.

wow is she ever a b*tch, what did she expect to have all people from New York there?? Come on I hate these people who have so much to complain about on the first couple of days.. have they never watched the show. She better mellow out, or she wont last

For someone not originally from New York, she does have a high opinion of New Yorkers and what they are capable of doing.

My least favorite contestant after 1 episode. A few weeks of the elements and little food should humble her a bit. Real New Yorkers don't need to broadcast where they're from. She's a NY wannabee. I hate her.

Don't like her.

Already she thinks she's better than everyone else. Guess she'll have to prove it -- doubt she can.

i want her to stay around to make fun of her and talk about her

She'd be the one I'd want to go to the final two with though, from a game perspective, because most of them will probably end up hating her...time will tell...

yea.. we need someone to take our frustrations out on.. who better than a boston turned New Yorker!!! (same difference)

:animated_rotfl:

Sign in to follow this