Does Cbs Really Count Votes For Ap?

Trixiepal

This is a question I have been asking myself since they started AP. You are only suppose to vote 10 times but I know you can vote more than that. There is no register for your email address like there is on ABC for Dancing with the Stars, so what is to stop someone from voting say 100 times.

It would be extremely tedious to do that considering voting 10 times on that site is tedious.

I think I am getting cynical but considering the fact that in DR's they ask HG's about certain votes etc. what is to stop them from choosing who Eric is to have nominated, evicted etc.

Thoughts?

I've said it before and I will say it again, there is NO way the voting for America*'s player is legit. CBS may take from the message boards, but then why have a voting system at all?

BTW - does anyone remember seeing ANY of the questions asked on the last POV? Not that it was geared for Danielle to win, but does anyone remember voting?

This issue occurred to me as soon as the AP "twist" was announced.

And it's been occurring more and more to me as the game goes on, especially with all the DR fodder...but since we have no way of knowing, there's probably no point in speculating.

However, I would like to find out the system of vote-counting. Who is responsible for this, how many are involved, etc.??

I would think that has to be public knowledge that's readily available.

I think the thing that bothers me most is that you don't have to register your email address to vote. Also only text messaging which is costly not a toll free number to use a land line. I can't get a signal for my cell phone where I live but even if I could I wouldn't put more my money in my providers pocket.

It just seems hinky a lot like Eric's votes. ;)

I've done this very thing for Web sites. It's easy to do and very inexpensive. This is not revolutionary. I'm sure CBS is only counting 10 votes per computer.

How do you think you get charged for calls on your cell phone? It must be easy to track the phone number in some way. Otherwise, other people would mistakenly get charged for your calls and you would mistakenly get charged for theirs.

Sometimes I wonder why most people do not understand how easy it is to figure out who you are by phones and computers.

But because they do not count your email address or social, they are saying only 10 votes per household/ computer. So if my husband wants to vote for Dick and I want to vote for Zach, only the votes for Dick would count. That doesn't seem fair...

No, they don't count the votes. I know because the executive producer's best friend's mom's sister-in-law told me. Gotta love conspiracy theories, though!

Thisismetoday, can you clarify this post.

Do they not count all the votes (total at end) or did you mean just the max 10 from each IP that was discussed?

BTW - does anyone remember seeing ANY of the questions asked on the last POV? Not that it was geared for Danielle to win, but does anyone remember voting?

if you are referring to the ones where they asked 'what percentage of......' (like who thought zach was sexy in a bunny suit, etc), i actually DID run across a link to those questions on the cbs/big brother site and it said some of the results of the questions would be used in an upcoming competition.....i usually dont go to the cbs site, but it was another bb forum that had posted a link to those questions

as far as whether cbs actually counts votes, how would we ever know? i just think, people that forget to vote, sleep through the voting time (me) or limit themselves to only the 10 votes should pat themselves on the back ::pat pat::

I think it's an additioanl way for CBS to know about various HGs' popularity and unpopularity....by the volume of votes, the type of votes, etc. I totally believe CBS manipulates the AP part of the game the way they are obviously manipulating the rest.

Archived