E.W. Interview With Allison Groder About Past 2 Weeks Or So Of Rumors Discussion

Sf49rminer

I think it was a cop out that she not say if Dick was punished for his rants and raves. She didn't even say he was warned. IMO, it sends a bad message that eating while on slop will get you a penalty "vote", but verbally abusing HG's, threatening physical violence and stealing belongings will get you stern talking to.

No, I'm not hating on Dick, just saying that by not saying how Dick was handled, it looks like they didn't do anything at all. Even Jess joked about getting "lectured". They sound like a bunch of pre-teens with a spanking threat.

I would love to submit my resume to have Groder's job, just for one season. This one is too easy and predictable.

and no, Nakomis' "six finger plan" was not genius...

nice interview... and of course we want more answers from her! :animated_rotfl:

I am glad that they are thinking about revamping the POV. It just doesn't seem fair that you can't play for it, yet you could be put up. I have no solutions (except everyone should get to play for it) but they do need to change it.

I am glad that they are thinking about revamping the POV. It just doesn't seem fair that you can't play for it, yet you could be put up. I have no solutions (except everyone should get to play for it) but they do need to change it.

I like the idea that everyone can play for it, AND someone doesn't automatically get it. No more of the "last man standing" crap. If no one wins outright, no one gets veto (or let America* decide sometimes). i thought Allison's comment that the HOH's mind changes midweek is a load of crapola. Everyone backdoor attempt has been mentioned before the nominations.

I would also like to see the comps more Survivor style. Not as much house trivia. I thought the most recent POV was a little tainted. If Eric had the answers in hand instead of the Power of 10 style gear, I wold accept it. But it seemed rigged to me.

My two cents worth regarding the Dick/Jen situation in the article:

To start with, lets compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges.

The first issue - Jen breaking a rule: Alison said Jen is being punished for eating regular food while on slop. No one else in the house has broken a rule. In fact, as has been stated on these boards many times, no one in BB history has done this.

The second issue - Being talked to in the DR regarding behavior: The only thing she said about the cigarettes is that cigarettes are personal property and destroying personal property is not allowed. She never said what, if anything, was said to Jen in the DR regarding this. She also didn't say what, if anything, has been said to Dick regarding his verbal tirades. Yes, some people, such as Jess, have commented when they have left the DR about what was said, but, that is the player, not BB or the producers.

Like I said, just my two cents worth.

About the comps being rigged. I DO NOT believe they are rigged because the law is clear that you cannot deceive the public. (Like some people think that maybe not all of the ping pong balls are in the bag when pov competitors are picked. That would be a clear violation of the law and I'm sure cbs has oversite for this.

Hahaha!!! Like she's going to say, "Yeah, okay, we do try to sway people with our lines of questioning in the DR, America. We WERE careless and let Jen see the AP card. We let Dick act like he does because it's good for ratings."

(Don't misunderstand by thinking I think all of those things happened.)

She's a producer. She's not going to spill any harmful truths about her show. Puh-lease.

If you stand in Jen's shoes, you can see her confusion about the Hit-and-Run nature of the mustard shirt thing and why didn't BB care about that but they cared about the cigs...?

blah blah

Anyways, the producers of LOST put out a weekly podcast and answer (often tongue-in-cheek) fans questions about the show. It's very cool. There have been SO many questions this season from us that we woulda liked answered.

Thx for posting the article 49er miner-niner.

49er.gif

Perception is EVERYTHING, I read the article and think it covered both Jen and ED and what I think is that yes they both got their warnings and whatever punishment, but somehow it is ALWAYS ED's fault, he never gets the raw end of anything, it is all done around and for him and his daughter.

I thought it was a great article and should put to rest some of the bs that is constantly flyin around out here.

Anyways, the producers of LOST put out a weekly podcast and answer (often tongue-in-cheek) fans questions about the show. It's very cool. There have been SO many questions this season from us that we woulda liked answered.

Exactly. This season there have been many questions that could have easily been answered without giving away any of the precious secrets. Why she chose to be flip and evasive only makes Big Brother look even worse.

Archived