Penalty Vote

BJR

I was also peeved that Dick could get away with a blatent disregard of the rules concerning getting information from outsiders. Them being in isolation is one of the cornerstones of BB. I wrote some feedback to CBS to pass along to the producers. I don't think it will change things but it made me feel better.

Hopefully at the POV ceremony, after Dani takes herself off the block, BB will announce that Dick has been given a penalty vote. That would make it a tie to evict and Zach could break the tie, which I am sure he would be happy to do.

I really don't care who wins the game at this point, but fair is fair. They invented the penalty vote this year, lets see them use it fairly.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess it was discussed in the Dick topic.

Ahhhh. I looked for one before starting this one but didnt see it. I was looking under the main titles.

I really don't care who wins the game at this point, but fair is fair. They invented the penalty vote this year, lets see them use it fairly.

See, that'sa what I'm sayin'. LOL

Let's hypothetically say that Dick did receive a coded message from his son... what use would it have been had he not won HOH? So really, coded msgs are only as good as their timing. If this was the case... perfect timing, but nothing they wouldn't have done already.

Let's hypothetically say that Dick did receive a coded message from his son... all great and dandy, but is he really smart enough to decode it?

Or.. is he likely looking for signs that aren't really there..which is what I tend to lean on. It's not uncommon for Dick to brag about things he "knows" and how great he is, when in actual fact, it's other ppl pulling the strings to which he just takes credit for. I think he's so full of himself right now, that he's looking for things that just aren't there.

Or.. maybe still... he's making it up as a tactic to scare/influence the others?

Either way, I think this is being blown up to be something it isn't. I'm pretty sure that if there was something in his letter pertaining to the other HGs, that BB would have caught it, and not allowed it. Maybe I'm just naive though... idk...

As for cheating itself, here's where I stand (this may come as a shock to some of you)... if you don't cheat, you don't want to win. I really don't see a problem with it. Kudos to the person smart enough to think of a way to cheat!!!

Making plans to get info from a letter is just smart. It is not his fault if not one else thought of it. BB read the letter and let it past so it must have been OK. Eric got all kinds of info from BB by the AP questions, they were leading questions that gave him an insight on what he should do next.

Yes it is smart, i have thought of that, but i wouldnt be so dumb as to admit to it. He cheated plain and simple, doesnt matter it didnt help him out he cheated. Jen's eating didnt help her, if anything it made the HG more mad at her.

As for Eric, Allison Gordner was asked why Jen was scolded for destroying Dick's cigerettes, but they instructed Eric to vandalize someone's property, she said it was different because it was AP

She is making the rules up as she goes a long to fit her little soap opera

No wonder I didn't know anything about the letter. It has been in this thread. LOL

I just learned of the coded letter this evening. I'm curious to see what happens about it.

Long time lurker here and never posted before but I just had to add something to this topic.

If Jen was punished for cheating then why isn't Dick getting punished? I go to several BB sites and I found out some interesting information at the one site that both Eric's brother and Dick and Daniele's son/brother post on. When I started to add this post I went over to that site to copy paste what Vincent (Dick's son) had posted. He admitted that he sent a coded letter but that it was edited quite a bit by CBS and that his dad got the code wrong anyway. When I went to retrieve this post he had deleted it. He did say this though:

"I dont want to call cbs and ask about the finale/wrap show since this stupid code crap. They havent told me ANYTHING about either yet... do they not realize that I work in a professional environment and cant just take days off at the drop of a hat?"

Clearly something is amiss, especially since he deleted the original post stating he did send a coded message. People on the site were congratulating him for being able to do it, send a coded letter that is.

I also watched a youtube video of the last POV comp Niagara Balls. It showed Dick clearly holding onto a blue ball for no specific reason, trying to put it in his pocket, then lo and behold Jameka has a blue ball in her tube. Hmmmm.

p.s. sorry if anyone has mentioned this already, I didn't read through the whole topic.

Other posters quoted Vactory's deleted post before he cleaned it. It said:

"I will just say that he doesn't have the code quite right and from what I have read hear and in myspace messages, he missed more than half the message. Honestly I can't believe he even brought it up...he must be feeling either very confident or very bored. He seriously can not keep his damn mouth closed..."

Word for word from his own son

Well either he deleted it or the mods over there did. Apparently some other boards are upset about this whole code thing too. I don't know if the producers will address it, gloss over it or just ignore the whole thing. It would be par for this season for it to be ignored.

Dalldall, the only thing I saw Dick put in his pocket was his broken

necklace.....and everyone was grabbing at the balls and were looking

at them and tossing them away....maybe Dick did have a blue ball in

his hand.......and some one captured it on video before he tossed it.

JMHO :pixiedust:

What I find funny about these conspiracy theories about how the producers letting Dick get away with the "code message" is that they could give him far better info directly through the DR. They could tell Dick directly, or hint to him, who not to trust. They could give him answers to Q&A contests, etc, etc, etc.

What I find funny about these conspiracy theories about how the producers letting Dick get away with the "code message" is that they could give him far better info directly through the DR. They could tell Dick directly, or hint to him, who not to trust. They could give him answers to Q&A contests, etc, etc,

wouldnt put it past them :animated_rotfl:

And it is not a conspiracy theory when Dick announced he planned on cheating before coming in and nothing was done that is a fact

a consiricy would be someone thinking he intended to cheat when there was no proof..there is proof

I watched in slow motion and all I saw ED put in his pocket was his broken necklace. I never saw him put a blue ball in his pocket.

I thought he put a ball in his pocket, but i wasnt paying that much attention cause i thought it was green LOL I just thought he was putting it in his pocket so he could gather all his balls and then put them all in the tube

The whole debate is assuming that the producers are allowing Dick to get away something, we do not know that for a fact.

Besides, they could tell him everything they want him to know in the DR so he can get to the final two. And maybe, they also will give the Jury an extra 25K each if they vote for Dick. And maybe they.....

Actually, my role in this debate is to present the facts. There is video where ED openly brags about setting this up to get information from his son while he was isolated in the house. There is Vactory's post admitting the same.

What the producers will decide to do or not do is supposition on my part, but it doesn't change the fact that ED intended to cheat.

The producers had to look at Dick's letter before giving it to him.

They (producers) who knows more about whats going on wouldn't

let him have it if they found something in the letter.

There's cameras all over the back yard...don't you think that there

was at least one camera on each of the tubes during the ball/tube

comp. and how many dozens of crew watching the comp. If there

was even a chance for Dick to put a blue ball in Jameka's tube, that

someone or a camera would have caught it????

I'm not a big Dick fan but....geeze I don't see how he could cheat at

that comp. JMHO :pixiedust: As for the coded letter...BB let him

have it! Even his son said it was edited.

If there was no rule against coded letters then players would openly do it. You seriously think there is no rule against it? :animated_shocking:

Actually, my role in this debate is to present the facts. There is video where ED openly brags about setting this up to get information from his son while he was isolated in the house. There is Vactory's post admitting the same.

What the producers will decide to do or not do is supposition on my part, but it doesn't change the fact that ED intended to cheat.

exactly

I am hoping they haven't done anything... yet. Yet being the operative word. There's still time for them to correct the situation of the coded letter. And yes I've always assumed that when the houseguests are isolated from contact with the outside that it is a rule.

Remember how they agonized about telling Monica in BB2 that her cousin was missing when the World Trade Center fell? Everytime the HG are outside the walls they are protected from getting information from random people.

And the reason ED and Vincent concocted a code in the first place was so the letter would get by the people who read them before passing them on.

As far as the blue ball, there is no proof and no assumption (at least on my part) that anyone placed it in the tube. It could have been a total fluke and it bounced in Jameka's tube. Even Jameka believes that so its a dead issue.

They may also see it as an failed attempt at cheating that gave him no advantage, thus let it slide.

You seriously think there is no rule against it?

I believe if Dick broke the rules in a way that have given him unfair advantage, they will penalize him for it..

And Jen eating didnt give her advantage either, still something was done

As far as the blue ball, there is no proof and no assumption (at least on my part) that anyone placed it in the tube. It could have been a total fluke and it bounced in Jameka's tube. Even Jameka believes that so its a dead issue.

I dont believe he did anything either, but think CBS screwed up and wont admit it.

Archived