New Alliance In The Making, What Chance Do They Have?

shhximxhiding

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont see a bb 9

Question for you religious people.

Are you or people you know as crazy as these two nut jobs? My request next year is for CBS NOT to cast anyone who actually believes "GOD" (if there was one, but thats another conversation) gives a flying rip about what happens to them in Big Brother. And isn't "GOD" supposed to love all his children equally? Why would "GOD" want Jameka or Amber win BB? And how does he choose b/w the two?

Its almost unwatchable with all that ridiculous "everything happens for a reason" and "GOD" talk- my lord people- its called LIFE.

This is a topic that comes up almost every year. Adria and Natalie really set off some hot debates during their season!

IMO, I believe in God and there is nothing wrong with prayer, but I'm not sure that there is a place for it in this game. Maybe I'm wrong, but in order to win BB, you have to lie, cheat and steal your way to the end. Now if you can win without doing any of those things, you are golden. But most people in this game do those things and that's where it's kind of hypocritical.

Well for everyone's condemnation about Amber and Jameka's praying, it appears that God is somewhat answering them. Could it be that through divine intervention Jen when ape sh*t and it getting the boot?

Something to ponder...

Hmmm, the thought that God would spend his time pushing one of his children over the edge so that the favored ones could advance in the game.............yeah that explains a lot. Now I understand completely the devastation caused by Hurricane Dean, God was busy with BB8.

Yeah, but adria and natalie were going around saying "F this" and "F that" and "he's a piece of S" 5 seconds after quoting the bible. These two, especially Amber, make me sick. They use god when it's a convenient crutch for them, while ignoring the whole "love thy neighbor" and "do unto the least of these as you would do to me" parts of the bible. I think it's more the hypocricy of Amber that bothers me more than their flaunting of their religion. If you're gonna flaunt it fine, but back it up in your actions.

Yeah, but adria and natalie were going around saying "F this" and "F that" and "he's a piece of S" 5 seconds after quoting the bible. These two, especially Amber, make me sick. They use god when it's a convenient crutch for them, while ignoring the whole "love thy neighbor" and "do unto the least of these as you would do to me" parts of the bible. I think it's more the hypocricy of Amber that bothers me more than their flaunting of their religion. If you're gonna flaunt it fine, but back it up in your actions

I agree.

Ok I've been reading everyone's rants about why Jameka and Amber are hypocrites because of their religiosity and subsequent actions and behavior. I just don't get the big deal! Just because they are constantly praying and referring to GOD every 10 secs then going off and swearing and lying doesn't make them hypocrites sorry. It makes them crass and fatally flawed human beings which we all are. Loving GOD and quoting the bible every sec doesn't magically make you this paragon of perfection, or even a better human being. Yes Amber is ignorant and very dumb, and Jameka has her own problems as well, but I don't see how their spirituality makes them hypocrites.

Finally its not dumb that they pray to GOD to help them in this game. The one thing I think people miss is that people of faith believe that GOD is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient therefore he/she/it is aware of all things all the time; from the tiniest disturbance on the other side of the universe, to little Tommy's cat stuck in a tree.

And yes I'm ramballing, but I wish people came up with legitmate reasons to hate Jameka Amber like Jameka is a waste of space not playing the game and Amber seems to be one of the dumbest players (including her anti semetic and homophobic comments which I think stem from ignorance and stupidity rather than hate.

Religion is a very sticky, and highly volatile subject indeed. I have only one comment to add - take it for what you will in the context of this game and these players.

I have had it proven again and again in my life and in what I see around me/us:

If you really, truly, in the heart of your heart, believe something to be true, it either is true or will come true. There is no greater power than faith.

I do wonder why BB allows the Bible or religion books into the house. Sure, some bring it for guidance, but what if an HG wants to bring in a dictionary or a field manual. They are all reference material, and thus should all be allowed.

TBOY, I'm totally with you. I also get sick of people assuming that just because someone professes to be a "religious person" they have to adhere to Ned Flanders' school of behavior.

Amber - The Bible Alphabet: A Pop-Up Book

Jameka - Bible

Eric - Romance for Dummies

Dick - Self-Defeating Behaviors: Free Yourself from the Habits, Compulsions, Feelings, and Attitudes That Hold You Back

Jen - Self Matters by Dr. Phillip C. McGraw

Jess - The Official Cheerleader's Handbook by Randy Neil and Elaine Hart

Danielle - Family First: Your Step-by-Step Plan for Creating a Phenomenal Family

Zach - Nietzsche's Task: An Interpretation of Beyond Good and Evil

both a disgrace

its bullcrap these losers get to bring the bible in

Eric: How to Win and Influence People

Amber: Dictionary

Danielle: Poor Pitiful Me

Dick: The art of war

Jen: Maybe Life's Just Not That Into You: When You feel Like the World's Voted You Off

Jameka: Love Poems from God

Zach: How to Reassess Your Chess

Archived