What Happened To The Luxury Comps?

BBDiva

I will say it again.. BB has lost it's focus by using former house guests as advisers and producers. They should have sticked

with the original concept and not have moved into such a by looks and mental shortcomings..

Average Americans are sick of pretty & dumb folks winning the reality show lottery..

Give us normal people age 21-65, forced into living in a house, watched 24/7... and see them crack under the pressure..

I mean isn't that what the show was about?

I could be wrong, but I think in seasons past the luxury comps came later in the game when there were fewer HG.

They need to have a clothes comp where they have to burn a clothing item of each HG. Dustin's gray t-shirts, Daniele's patterned hoodie, the Jen tank tops, Zach's t-shirts that pimp his company name, Jessica's purple shiny pants, Jameka's turquoise hoodie, Amber...

I do agree with others who have stated that the HG have not had to earn any of the luxuries they already have. I liked it when they didn't even have a clock, had to use the washboard for their clothes, etc.

I liked the first year when they also had a weekly challenge the house had to work on together to win, remember the Domino sign, the music video they had to do also making up their own song. Plus part of the food challenge was they won so much money a week to use with their grocery list then they had to decide as a house how it was spent........some wanted more beer ext.

I agree they are being extremely frugal (meaning cheap) this season. The gifts for Jameka's birthday were a prime example of them lowballing things. Also on nights when there was alcohol it was like 2 cans of beer per person, I mean how much can a case of beer cost?

I always liked the luxury comps because it gave the HG a chance to have fun and be less cut throat and light hearted, giving them a breather in the middle of the game. The way they mix luxuries in with POV furthers house divisiveness.

They probably budgeted the money for AP that could have been used for all the HG.

This season sucks big time and I totally blame the producers.

"Also on nights when there was alcohol it was like 2 cans of beer per person, I mean how much can a case of beer cost?"

That's more of a legal issue since the past few seasons have had some near-brawls. Give them too much beer and fists will start flying. A lot of nights they didn't get any beer at all because Dick goes on a warpath right before BBAD airs. And it's all definitely pre-planned by Dick.

CBS is really showing their frugality...here they have a show that gives them 3 PrimeTime hours a week...internet & Pay Channel synergy and they give these people NOTHING other than a Grand Prize at the end of a summer...had this been an hour-long crime drama it would cost them 100s of Millions of $ to run this kind of schedule...they need to pick up the Prize Value and start giving away some stuff!!

The viewer numbers are getting stronger, c'mon CBS!!!!!

Make the prizes bigger..for what; all they do is sit around all day talking bs, making up stories about eachother and lie in the sun. Make the bb house like a prison camp and then I'm all for giving them more money.

Through last week Eric said he had $4,000.00(not including his AP money) so figure out how many weeks they have been there plus 1 week before hand in a hotel.

Personally, I think they should have a comp every day of the week except maybe 1. They get bored less, and so do we.

I was just talking to my family about this. I remember in the first season they just had the washboard and the ringer thingy for washing clothes. In other seasons they had to earn things such as the hot tub & gym. Also the luxury comps were movies, trips to Mtv awards thing..etc. Which honestly that type of luxury they could do without. I do however think they have it too easy for them now. They need to earn more & DO more.

Oh, never forget the thousands they are spending on these ramped up competitions!

That must be where the priorities lie -- good scenery for TV. Or maybe it's good Ebay items.

Archived