Is This Season Of Big Brother The Most Nasty?

SCRebel

Thank God she is leaving. It's gonna be a good night.

I second that Erin. I have been waiting for her to leave for a long time. I really think she is missing a few marbles upstairs! :cookoo:

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jen or Jameka....I'll be glad to see either one go.....and Amber too!

JMHO and I value yours!!!!LOL

Well this thread has certainly strayed off topic :nono:...back to the original topic now..

Xal, You are one of the few posters here I actually enjoy reading. I may not always agree with you...but you've well thought out replies and points of view. I do hope you continue posting...just don't get sucked into the baiting from the mean people here. Ignoring them doesn't make them go away...but you'll feel better in the long run if you do. Mean people suck...and they'll suck the enjoyment out of this if you let them!

The flies...buzzards...(whichever)...just keep circling and circling!

I'm learning this as one as I go along...and I know I'm not the only one here that feels this way. Seems quite a few posters recently have expressed similar comments....case in point...original thread starter/post.

It is a sad sorry state we live in when people use the argument that this type of behavior is everywhere in society so just walk away or deal with it; or that just because it's a tv show that common courtesy, values and civility don't apply. It's not acceptable behavior...it it only reinforces to the impressionable and weak minded that mocking, harassing and bullying is acceptable and a justifiable means to get what you want. It's also not fair to tell someone in a game show like this that if they don't like it...they can leave. They have just as much a right to be there as anyone else...and should have a certain amount of rights and guarantees to protection from such treatment. I'd be all for a "code of conduct" (a fairly liberal one though) that hg's need to comply with from now on...or face penalties.

Don't get me wrong...I've said on numerous occasions that I enjoy the drama and conflicts in the game...even enjoy the tension, anger and fighting between the house guests...that is part of the game....and it's a part of life. I don't enjoy when they take the verbal attacks to such vile and degrading personal levels they do and the ostracizing of individuals. And, I also don't enjoy it when I see people condoning it or applauding it...that is just sick imo. It is a game...and many of the hg's and posters forget that.

Ok I'll go back on topic: ....shame on everybody....LOL

Good post ImIn. I wish I was good at trying to get my point

across.

OK I don't think I have seen anyone applaud Dick for his disgusting behavior.

It is wrong to say people bait Xal. I think he baits people so it is a matter of opinion. I think he has vailed ways of saying really mean things to people.

Am I understanding correctly that people that don't agree with him or you are the "mean people"?

Mean people suck...and they'll suck the enjoyment out of this if you let them!

I feel that I must now preface my posts with a disclaimer stating that I am not baiting or flaming anyone. The opinions expressed below are mine & solely mine & may or may not reflect the opinions of anyone else...

People are not mean because they don

very good post ImIn... said what I've been trying to find the words to say for a few days now... I keep thinking of the slippery slop... oops lol, slippery slope... if the rules allow for verbal in your face confrontations and pouring of drinks over heads and stare downs/etc, BB9 or BB10 could have a HG decide to take it to the extreme and make it strategy to win the game... act in a manner that EVERYONE refuses to stay in the house, everyone leaves and you win by default... I guess the question still needs to be asked how a HG would NOT get voted out if the entire house was fed up with said HG's behaviour, but I don't mean to continue the beating of this poor horsie...

I was spending my lunch time reading recaps of the current UK BB series(yes, I'm a BB addict, I started reading about the UK BB since it started a few weeks before BB8 and I needed my 'fix' lol)... anyway, I'm amazed at the control UK BB has over their HGs, when it comes to reprimanding the HGs and actually punishing misbehavior...

last comment, again more of a random thought than anything to stoke the embers here... I'm curious if anyone else has wondered where more childish behaviour will be seen... BB8 house or Kid Nation? (our house has been debating how Kid Nation is going to play out)

now someone wake up the HGs, the BB house needs cleaned for tonight's show! :hammer:

:animated_wave:

I too enjoy Xal. I hope he doesn't let a few people run him off. We don't have to all agree on everything in order to get along, right??!!

Oh no one is running me off. I just meant I'm not going to get into it with some people anymore because it always turns into back and forth bickering and assumptions.

It takes a lot to make me leave, after all I also post on SS and the boards over there are like walking in a minefield, or cow pasture...take your pick.

Edit - the reason I post here a lot more than there is because the people are more mature here. Good lord some of the things that go on over there make the BB house look tame.

Mean people suck...and they'll suck the enjoyment out of this if you let them!

wait wait wait... so people are mean because they dont agree with others (dick haters)?

this is where the problem is...

WE (the mean people) are here to watch a show, talk about it, have fun and enjoy each others company. we are not hear to be lectured and be belittled by others that think we should write to CBS to kick a HG out of the house because he poured tea on someone's head.

i dont really care for anyone in the house. i dont like what dick has said or done any more than anyone else. meaning.. i find the things that he has said... disgusing and vile too. but because i dont come here and post "I HATE DICK"......... i am mean?

because i think jen should own up to being some of the problem (my opinion).............. i am mean?

because i state my opinion and dont let someone else dictate what i feel or what i should or shouldnt say..... i am mean?

i am sorry if i am outspoken or things come across as rude sometimes.. but the fact still remains.. this is a forum about TV shows. its not the NOW forum and its not Xal's worksite... its not a woman's shelter or anything like that. this isnt CBS.CARES.COM

everyone here is allowed their opinions. period. that goes for Xal too. but i am not goint to start calling other posters "mean" or any other names because they dont agree with me and vice versa.

i am sorry if i am outspoken or things come across as rude sometimes.. but the fact still remains.. this is a forum about TV shows. its not the NOW forum and its not Xal's worksite... its not a woman's shelter or anything like that. this isnt CBS.CARES.COM

everyone here is allowed their opinions. period. that goes for Xal too. but i am not goint to start calling other posters "mean" or any other names because they dont agree with me and vice versa.

fizz ~ wow you said it just perfectly. So true!

Am I understanding correctly that people that don't agree with him or you are the "mean people"?

No marty....that's not what I meant. I'd be calling myself one of the mean people ...because I also said in my post that I don't always agree with him.

I really don't understand why you or some of the other posters would draw that conclusion from what I said though...it's not at all what was written.

I'm going to say it now, outloud, on the record:

I love lamp.

Also I don't get worked up over it because it's a game show.

I don't enjoy eating roaches, so I never signed up for Fear Factor.

I don't enjoy starving so I never signed up for Survivor.

I'm not a genius, so I never signed up for Jeopardy.

I have a fear of Plinko chips so I never signed up for The Price is Right.

I have watched BB since season 3 and if I were concerned about being verbally abused, I would never sign up.

wait wait wait... so people are mean because they dont agree with others (dick haters)?

this is where the problem is...

WE (the mean people) are here to watch a show, talk about it, have fun and enjoy each others company. we are not hear to be lectured and be belittled by others that think we should write to CBS to kick a HG out of the house because he poured tea on someone's head.

i dont really care for anyone in the house. i dont like what dick has said or done any more than anyone else. meaning.. i find the things that he has said... disgusing and vile too. but because i dont come here and post "I HATE DICK"......... i am mean?

because i think jen should own up to being some of the problem (my opinion).............. i am mean?

because i state my opinion and dont let someone else dictate what i feel or what i should or shouldnt say..... i am mean?

BOO-YA!

Excellent post.

I agree with a whole buncha that.

As one of my favorite singers used to say...'Save the drama fo' yo momma.'

Xal, You are one of the few posters here I actually enjoy reading. I may not always agree with you...but you've well thought out replies and points of view. I do hope you continue posting...just don't get sucked into the baiting from the mean people here. Ignoring them doesn't make them go away...but you'll feel better in the long run if you do. Mean people suck...and they'll suck the enjoyment out of this if you let them!

Who are the mean people here?

Everyone keeps saying they think Dick goes over the line, but Jen started it, or Jen asked for it, or it's all Jen's fault. No matter what you think of Jen, she does not deserve the constant barrage of abuse from Dick and the others in the house who are too scared and weak to stand up to him.

Bottom line. . . if you don't approve of Dick's attitude, why do you still root for him?

Bottom line. . . if you don't approve of Dick's attitude, why do you still root for him?

The only person in the house that I feel hasn't done dishonorable things are Jess & Zach. So by that logic I guess we should all root for them & no one else. I find Dick to be in bad sorts some days but on others I feel that he redeems himself. I am rooting for him because in my mind he is the underdog. He came in the house as the old guy & a member of the originally targeted 6 so I began rooting for him. Sure I don't always approve of what he does but I don't approve of many things that Eric, Jameka, Jen, Amber, or Dani do either. Plus I find Dick's gameplay (over & above the yelling) to be interesting.

The opposite of "mean" is "kind". Therefore, the "mean people" are the "unkind people".

It has nothing to do with anyone's opinion, but it can have something to do with the way they express it.

(And sometimes, the "meanness" is solely in the eye of the reader.)

Many of you who have posted in this thread have done so in a considerate manner.

Sometimes emotions get the better of us, and we stop being so civil.

It seems to me that the reason there is so much animosity on the board right now is not so much because opinions differ, but because it is in human nature to want to be right, and if we are right while others disagree, they must be wrong. (But that is not so.) If we stop trying to convince others that they are wrong, and just enjoy each other's difference of opinion and differing viewpoints, we will all have a more fun and peaceful time.

And no one needs to use the ostrich technique and just ignore something in the hopes that it will go away.

But taking a few deep breaths and realizing there are bigger things in this world to worry about than Big Brother can sometimes help add some perspective. After all, it's not "just a TV show" if it means enough to us to dedicate months of our time to it, and debate endlessly about what happens there.

Two reasons...

He has been able to get people riled up in a way no other BB houseguest ever has.

I think he's incredibly sexy...and yes, I am just that f'in shallow!

Ditto Dumblonde, I feel that ED in no way is as compelling and outrageous outside of the BB house and in his real life, but they are all cooped up there and no place to go and it is gonna get hairy at times, this season is not the 1st season to have a lot of verbal tirades and even threat of the physical, and there is every season a line drawn in the sand over who is right or wrong, who is liked or hated, and who you agree with or disagree with. I thought this season was sooo boring in the beginning that there would be none of the same this year, but true to form, no pun intended, here we are I hope "Agreeing to Disagree".lol Oh, and tonight BB is pre-empted till after midnight cause the Kc Chiefs are playin and it is pre-season, so I will of course be here before I get ot watch tonights show

He has been able to get people riled up in a way no other BB houseguest ever has.

I think he's incredibly sexy...and yes, I am just that f'in shallow!

Hocking up loogies all day is sexy? Wow, grandfathers all over the world will be happy to know.

Archived