Sign in to follow this  
Cajunboiler

Survivor China General Discussion

I can see a permanent casted show like Seinfield leaving during its height, but a game show? That's all Survivor is is a game show. The Price is Right, Family Fued, Jeapardy all have long long runs. The hosts may change, but if the show is still making money, why cancel? I see BB being cancelled faster than Survivor, only becuase BB takes up more air time.

I hate to say this, but I've been thinking for some time that the show may be reaching its end.

What got Survivor going initially, and kept it going--as opposed to other Reality comp shows--was the sheer novelty of it.

The idea of people being stranded in the middle of nowhere, having to survive the elements of nature, find their own food and shelter, etc....was what gripped everyone.

A few twists and changes were added, but I think they're running out of possible twists. I think the only thing that could keep it alive for much longer would be a major conceptual change...and I think there are possibilities there.

Yath, you are so right, it has had its hay day. I think it will go off the air after this season especially if the ratings are not good. Their is only so many twists to the game, heard a lot of people are not even going to watch this season.

This won't be the last season... They have contracts signed through season 16... So there will be at least one more...

I hope that there is more than just ONE more season.... I'll be going through some serious withdrawls without Survivor. But I agree, have one per year, makes it more interesting and less redundant.

Have survivor in the fall, TAR in the spring, BB in the summer. That could possibly keep ratings up. I would hate to see these CBS reality shows cancelled because now they are just coming up with shows that are basically spinoffs of survivor and TAR. *cough* pirate master *cough*

Completely agree cajun. Would keep people like us happy, while keeping the good shows somewhat "fresh"

I think they screwed up last year by having one tribe be so disadvantaged....

I mean, they basically whittled away to nothing...

Maybe they pre-split them this year to make it a bit more fair, though James is an asset to any tribe... he almost did that whole breaking down the wall challenge himself!

I've never really been into this show, watched a few episodes here and there, same with TAR. I watched the season the Blonde Beauty Queens were on TAR and a bit of TAR All-Stars, and read the TVGasm and Midseasonreplacements recaps of Survivor.

So this season, since it's in China, I decided to give it a go. I thought, hey, China is pretty interesting, and there are bound to be panda bear shots, and maybe a random panda bear mauling of one of the contestants? Awesome!

Here I am, tuning in, and so far, I have to say, pretty darned entertaining. Guess I've been missing out. :D

Well I noticed that the BB forums here are much more populated and active than the Survivor forums, but I don't think thats a good gauge on how the show is doing. For some reason, BB fans are more prone to dislike Survivor. Why, I don't know. In my personal life, I know far more Survivor fans that hate BB than I know BB fans that hate Survivor. So I really can't understand where the diconnect is. I love both shows and TAR too. I even kinda liked PirateMaster.

As far as the ratings go for Survivor. It was number 2 behind NFL football last week, so I'm not worried about it getting cancelled despite what Jeff may say.

I wish Survivor was on more then once a week. It seems to take forever for Thursday to get here.

Survivor used to be on three days a week in the early seasons. I remember I could watch Ethan as much as I wanted...mmmm...Ethan.

I watch Amazing Race like I watch the Travel Channel. As in, when I win the lottery, I will do this and that. :P

Survivor used to be on three days a week in the early seasons.

Huh? I don't remember that.

BB is an entirely diifferent show that you get more involved in... primarily because of the live feeds.

Huh? I don't remember that.

I swear I remember Survivor being on more than one night a week. There was definately more focus on the tribes from once the IC was done to tribal council.

I've watched from the first season's second episode. I really don't remember it being on more than once a week. Not saying you're wrong, I just don't remember it. Of course my memory sucks so you are probably right. However, I do remember during the second season, I worked second shift, my wife would tape the show and I'd stop and get a bowl of chili after work and watch the show. It became a ritual. I'm pretty sure I only did that once a week. So if it did air 3 times a week in the beginning, it only lasted 1 season.

Now, BB was 5 days a week in the beginning wasn't it? I didn't watch the first season.

Nah, Survivor (at least since season two when I started watched), has only been on once a week, Thursday nites.

I'm surprised the creepy guy wasn't voted off. When someone makes me uncomfortable as he did the girls, I can't concentrate, am grumpy, and would not be able to let go of the fact this guy kept getting near me in my sleep. Ick. No woman [stable woman] wants a guy spooning them from behind that they don't approve.

I'm surprised the creepy guy wasn't voted off.

Seems to be a common theme amongst the women of reality TV on CBS this summer.

Survivor used to be on three days a week in the early seasons. I remember I could watch Ethan as much as I wanted...mmmm...Ethan.

Sorry. . . I have to agree with the others here. I cannot ever remember Survivor being on more than once a week except for the finale week. And I've watched since season 1 also.

I quickly checked for a thread about this, but didn't see one. I hope it's ok to post this here.

I want to talk about the hidden immunity idol. I assume it is that little medallion thing they keep showing us. I guess if I was looking for the idol, and looked up and saw that, I don't think I would think it was an idol. It just looks like part of the structure, and nothing like the other immunity idol.

Now, I didn't see all of the show last night, so maybe I missed something. And I'm sure more clues will help them figure it out, but I would be pissed to think I had looked right at it, and it didn't dawn on me that THAT was the actual idol! DOH!! :frusty::mad1:

Seems to be a common theme amongst the women of reality TV on CBS this summer.

:animated_rotfl: Sure does

We have jonathan of TAR to blame for starting it

I assume it is that little medallion thing they keep showing us.

I think that is the idol too.

I dont know why Leslie, who now knew what was going on as far as the idol/clue- didnt think to look around while at the other camp for anything similar to her own camp.

Sign in to follow this