Media Articles & Links

TV_Paige

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Insider

Big Brother Boots Jedi Fan

by Angel Cohn

As a huge Star Wars fan and all-around goofball, Howie Gordon brought a lot of fun to the Big Brother house this summer, especially when he got to play with a pair of lightsabers. He may have won his fair share of duels, but the 34-year-old meteorology student made some bad forecasts when he tried to vote out James, a move that may have ultimately cost him the game. Howie was evicted last Thursday, but the flirtatious guy (obviously, we didn't tell him we were out of his demographic) was happy to talk to TVGuide.com before he entered the jury house for the final weeks.

TVGuide.com: How are you doing?

Howie Gordon: I'm doing pretty good. I wish I was still in the house, but you win some and you lose some, huh?

TVGuide.com: At least you got to spend last week surrounded by a bunch of girls!

Howie: I'm not going to argue

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ranster627

Big Brother's Newlywed Is Nixed

by Angel Cohn

After being a fairly loyal member of the Friendship from the get go, April Lewis made an unfriendly exit from the Big Brother house last Tuesday night. After her pal, Ivette, won the Power of Veto competition

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Big Brother

"I don't think they like either of us," said Maggie to Ivette after hearing the jury's remarks. What a brilliant comment that so suits this whole show. But the quote of the night might have come from Howie who told the finalists, "I'm stuck voting for America's last choices." Ah, Howie such a straight shooter right until the end, pulling no punches. Meanwhile, Maggie won the top prize, big surprise. So much for the "Summer of Secrets." I was hoping that, after Maggie denied her involvement in the Kaysar ouster, Jen's vote would be swayed, but I guess not. I also didn't realize that if Ivette had picked Janelle, the friendship would have turned on her, per their agreement. Oh, well. I'd love to see a recap a week from now, showing how the sequestered houseguests react when they see themselves on TV. Especially Beau, who will likely be confused by his utter lack of air time. Only the first-ousted Ashlea made less of an impression, and she didn't even get to talk during the finale. And though I know I was initially down on James, his honestly delighted face when he saw his girlfriend, Sarah, was so refreshing and sweet that I actually found myself hoping that they can put this whole experience behind them and stay together. Me, I'm just glad to get back my three-plus hours a week (reading about the live feeds can really suck up some time), which I will probably waste on teaching my Nintendog new tricks and watching more TV.

Guest ranster627

Big Brother Nurse Wins Big Purse

by Angel Cohn

After 80 days trapped in the Big Brother house with 13 other strangers, 27-year-old Maggie Ausburn emerged half a million dollars richer. The Las Vegas ER nurse won the cash by sticking with the Friendship alliance to the end and lying low. Her partner and pal, Eric Littman (aka Cappy), was voted out early on, but by working her strategy and the loyalty of Ivette

Big Brother 6 star welcomed home

By Britta Arendt

Surrounded by family and friends, Big Brother 6 star Janelle Pierzina was welcomed home on Monday at Wendigo Convention Center.

Little girls stood in line for a chance to have their picture taken with their favorite reality TV star while family members showered Pierzina with hugs, happy to have her back in Minnesota after spending nearly 75 days in the Big Brother house. A 1998 graduate of Grand Rapids High School, Pierzina won a place as one of 14 Big Brother house guests vying for $1 million in cash and prizes.

With cameras and microphones recording their every word and movement throughout the show

• 5 months later...