Passports / Sequester House Discussion

Guest QW

Well ladies and gentlemen, I figure I'll post before I go away for the 4th of July weekend.  One somewhat of a scoop is, Before my friend went away HE didn't have to bring any kind of a passport, so I figure that if they get kicked off they will be going to Hawaii..... Happy guessing and I think this is going to be the best Big Brother ever. :twisted:  

P.S. I have my bets that my friend hooks up with Jennifer....let's just wait and see. (I have no idea who he's aligned with) :P

Gee, thats some inside info, I heard the whole passport theory in regards to sequester about 4 days ago, but HEY THANKS!...blech

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ranster627

Yup QW and this is where it came from and was posted by Morty on our front boards! Thanks Myxter!

One somewhat of a scoop is, Before my friend went away HE didn't have to bring any kind of a passport, so I figure that if they get kicked off they will be going to Hawaii.....

You CAN go to Mexico without a passport. I've been there many times without taking mine. Same thing goes with most places in the Caribbean.

One somewhat of a scoop is, Before my friend went away HE didn't have to bring any kind of a passport, so I figure that if they get kicked off they will be going to Hawaii.....

You CAN go to Mexico without a passport. I've been there many times without taking mine. Same thing goes with most places in the Caribbean.

That was true until last month... We are going on a cruise to the Bahamas in November and had to go get passports... The post office told us when we did that you will no longer be able to leave the good ol' USA without one... Not even to Mexico or Canada...

Yana, any idea where we can confirm that about the passports, we always went with a certified birth certificate and one other ID proving citizenship.

I might have to get in gear and get that passport after all.

Yes you can call the post office

Here is a copied statement about that very thing from the website...

New Requirements for Travelers Between the United States and the Western Hemisphere

Travelers to and from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada will be required to have a passport to enter or re-enter the United States. This is a change from prior travel requirements and will affect all United States citizens entering the United States from countries within the Western Hemisphere who do not currently possess valid passports. This new requirement will also affect certain foreign nationals who currently are not required to present a passport to travel to the United States. Most Canadian citizens, citizens of the British Overseas Territory of Bermuda, and to a lesser degree, Mexican citizens will be affected by the implementation of this requirement. Here is a link to the website...

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

As a side note... I went to look at the dates all this took effect and some of it went into effect Dec 05, some will go in effect Dec 06, and some in Dec. 07... So not all travel is effected just yet... They still could go to some places without a passport...

Thanks Yana, looks like I better get busy!

From what I understand, after doing a lot of reading last night, is that the issue isn't so much that we need the passport to get into the Caribbean countries or Mexico, but that we HAVE to have the passport to get BACK INTO the US.

Thanks Yana, looks like I better get busy!

From what I understand, after doing a lot of reading last night, is that the issue isn't so much that we need the passport to get into the Caribbean countries or Mexico, but that we HAVE to have the passport to get BACK INTO the US.

Yup that is what I was told and also what I understand from the website... Glad I was able to help Diva... I would have hated not being able to go because of this and I am sure you would be too... Are you guys cruising to flying down?

We cruise about once a year.  Luckily the next one isn't scheduled yet.  Thinking about a Christmas one this time.

Which cruise line? We always go with Royal Carribbean... they just came out with their holiday prices... We also go through cruisesonly.com... Alisa there has been great!

My sister & her hubby go almost monthly tae Mexico(Point Penasco) without passports.AND in October will be going tae Caribbean w/o passports.Last time they checked into it was June 29th.

My sister & her hubby go almost monthly tae Mexico(Point Penasco) without passports.AND in October will be going tae Caribbean w/o passports.Last time they checked into it was June 29th.

IF they are going to US islands no need... But we have talked with another couple that didn't take their passports for their last cruise to the Bahamas which was last month and when they got into customs they had to call and get them brought to them... luckily they lived only 2 hours from their port... They were also told it was no problem... that they didn't need them... Mexico doesn't go into effect until Dec. 05... Just a caution... If they can go without one it's great... maybe they have the other kind of id...

Guest Shockalot

Morty has already floated this one on the main page as a Theory.

I just want to back this up with some 'inside' story I heard last year that was so convincing I posted it on my site thinking it was about BB5.

It now sounds like it was true but for BB6!

Guests will not be sequestered in Mexico.

Hang on to your seats because they will be sequestered... INSIDE THE BIG BROTHER HOUSE!.

Behind the Walls!

Whereever they sleep Im not sure but the hot hot rumour is that sequestered Evictees will be able to walk, look and listen down those hallways and behind the two-way mirrors etc.

Awwwwwesome! Just think of the possibilities! Remember.. nobody remaining in the house will know this.

They will assume they are in Mexico.

The only possible snag is that James and Eric have already been investigating what they think is 'too much space' between the walls and already guessed there might be a whole different room back there.

Still.. it never went further than that.

Anyway, just thought I would throw that in... remember what Morty reported - There is a Twist that will happen 'Half Way through the game' according to Julie.

It will 'Change the whole way the game is played"

Guest ranster627

That would make the evictees Big Brothers too!!!! Coooooool!

I hope this is right! This would be the most educated jury ever!

I think that would be so cool. I hope it's true and none of the houseguests suspect. As for not needing a passport, you don't need one to go to Mexico anyway, do you?

But, anyway -- I would love it if the jurors at least had access to the live feeds. What better way to see your former housemates true colors?

If I was a juror, nothing would make me madder than to feel like I'd been duped. I know that's part of the game, but I would love to see the finalists faces, when they find out that their true colors have been exposed. The jury could make it's decision based on how people actually played, and not how they wanted to be perceived.

Love it!!! :D

Ivy,

You will need a passport to go outside the US no matter if it's to Mexico or Canada or the Bahamas... Anywhere outside the US... The Bahamas has started but you can still go to Canada until December 05 and Mexico until December 06... But it hasn't started yet so they could still go to Mexico... In fact I heard April say something about when we get to Mexico today and then we got fish for a while...

BBA,

Like I stated above... You will need a passport to get back into the US from Mexico starting December 06... In fact here is the thread about this topic... It even has the passport website where you can go and read for yourself... It's not getting into the countries that will a problem but getting back into the US without a passport will be a problem... I just went to the Bahamas in Feb. Called to book another cruise for November and was told go get your passport and it's true...