Big Brother Ratings For Season 8

Depeche221

Yana - That is the point. It is just cruising along doing the same instead of trying to become better. So yes, it is right on point. I can "live" with that since it is like good summertime comfort food, but I really would like to see it be more. (And advertisers would as well)

Ginger - You get it. It could not compete ina regular season as it is now. Survivor and Amazing Race are the only long term summer (reality) starts that crossed over and became long standing regular season hits. Dancing with the Stars is definately showing promise but only time will tell if it can last as long as the others.

Dep

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are suffering to win money on shows like Amazing Race and Survivor and Dancing with the stars takes talent or for those who have none, a learned skill.

Honestly, what do the hg do...sit around BS'ing all day and calling others out especially in seasons when there is no strategy. Most find this boring and stupid.

Call us wierd...

• 2 weeks later...

Nielsen ratings for the week ending August 26

The show is moving up. Thurs show actually made it to the 13 spot. All 3 shows were on the list.

1. America's Got Talent (NBC)

2. CSI (CBS)

3. Without A Trace (CBS)

4. Two and a Half Men (CBS)

5. 60 Minutes (CBS)

6. NFL Preseason Game (NBC)

7. Power of 10 (CBS)

8. The Singing Bee (NBC)

9. Cold Case (CBS)

10. Criminal Minds (CBS)

11. CSI: NY (CBS)

12. CSI: Miami (CBS)

13. Big Brother - Thurs (CBS)

14. Just For Laughs (ABC)

15. Big Brother - Sun (CBS)

16. Big Brother - Tues (CBS)

17. TV's Funniest Moments (FOX)

18. Last Comic Standing (NBC)

19. Just For Laughs (ABC)

20. NFL Preseason Game (NBC)

Hey surfgranny

I was wondering the same thing, but TyroneTanic seemed to be the person who had the finiger on the pulse for that info and after that single post back on 8/15, he or she has not posted again (but they HAVE been on watching in the shadows....hmmmm :) )

Regardless, I wish they would post each week or send me the link to where they got the info so I could post.

Dep

CBS wins Tuesday with 'Power,' 'Brother'

By Nellie Andreeva

Aug 30, 2007

"Power of 10" and "Big Brother" led CBS to a nightly win Tuesday, according to preliminary results from Nielsen Media Research.

Both "Power" (9.7 million viewers, 2.8 rating/9 share among adults 18-49) at 8 p.m. and "Brother" (8.2 million, 3.2/9) at 9 p.m. won their time slots, matching the unscripted series' best deliveries this summer.

CBS also finished first at 10 p.m. with a rerun of "NCIS" (7.7 million, 2.0/6).

Only three other programs Tuesday night cracked a 2 rating in the 18-49 demo: Fox's "House" repeat (7.9 million, 2.5/7) at 9 p.m., ABC's "Just for Laughs" (7.1 million, 2.1/7) at 8 p.m. and an encore airing of NBC's two-hour special "Saturday Night Live: The First Five Years" (5.9 million, 2.1/6)

For the night, CBS (8.5 million, 2.7/8) was followed by Fox (6.6 million, 2.0/6), NBC (5.8 million, 2.0/6) and ABC (5.8 million, 1.8/5).

(Source: Link)

Looks like last week was pretty good. # 7 for tues and #17 for Thurs (still don't understand why the Thurs shows are always lower) Unfortunately, I personally think ratings will decline for the rest of this season. At least in previous seasons we had interesting characters. We are left with Dick, Dani, Zach, Jameka. Boooooring. All we can hope for is Jameka and Zach wiping out one of the Donatos in the end.....which isn't going to happen. A Donato will win now, and so the show is boring. WAY TO GO NEW PRODUCERS!!!!! You actually managed to make a hit show worse (Sorry, my opinion and in no way reflects the rise this week in ratings) But we will see who gets the last laugh :)

Here are the weekly TV ratings, by number of viewers.

1. Two and a Half Men (CBS)

2. Power of 10 - Tues (CBS)

3. CSI: Miami (CBS)

4. CSI: NY (CBS)

5. Criminal Minds (CBS)

6. Power of 10 - Weds (CBS)

7. Big Brother - Tues (CBS)

8. House (FOX)

9. CSI (CBS)

10. Rules of Engagement (CBS)

11. NCIS (CBS)

12. Just For Laughs (ABC)

13. Without A Trace (CBS)

14. Just For Laughs (ABC)

15. Last Comic Standing (NBC)

16. 48 Hours Mystery (CBS)

17. Big Brother - Thurs (CBS)

18. Cold Case (CBS)

19. 20/20 (ABC)

20. 60 Minutes (CBS)

What do you expect for Ratings!? Look at the final three, a floater, Satan himself, and an insufferable whiner. How could you possibly expect people to tune in to see who wins? If I hadn't wasted my entire summer watching, I certainly wouldn't start now.

Neilsen ratings are kind of screwed up for our current technology age. We were a Neilsen family about five years ago and all you do is punch the box if you are watching or if both members of family are watching. Then if you have a guest there are other buttons to push and put the gender and age of the guest watching the particular program.

But keep in mind this was before TiVo. Now we watch way more shows than we ever did five years ago. Also, we may watch Thursday night's Big Brother on Friday morning while we are getting ready for work. So, unless Neilsen has come up with something in the last five years they did not account for anything that we recorded by VCR five years ago.

I think this is may be why CBS originally cancelled Jericho, while they did not get the Neilsen ratings; people like us were TiVoing the program and watching it at our convience. Boy did they get feedback about that cancellation, that was crazy the amount of NUTS :animated_rotfl: people sent to CBS!!!

A lot of people knew about the whole penalty vote controversy. Anyone who reads these boards, has the live feeds or cruises Youtube for BB snippets probably knew, as did I, but the big draw for me Tuesday was to see who got the first part of the HOH. Watching to see if BB gave him a penalty didn't even cross my mind for Tuesday's show because I didn't think they'd do anything to him.

Archived