Big Brother Ratings For Season 8

Depeche221

I posted these last year and while some people could care less, it is the ratings that decide whether we get our favorite show back every season. So, I am gonna try to kep this going every week again now that the show is in full swing.

Just to let everyone know, I only look at the top 20 shows every week and the ratings come out on tues or Wed for the previous week. The ratings are taken on the Nielson ratings, which are the most respected ratings and most watched ratings by the industry. They are not exact as they currently do not take into account people who DVR their favorite shows and watch them at a later time. They are starting to realize that this is an important component, but at this time they do not measure those viewers habits.

This season started out stronger than ever with the premiere episode in a 3 way tie for 9th place for the week. Unfortunately, since then, the show has not turned up in the top 20 shows even though it is on 3 times a week. Historically, BB has always languished at the 15 - 20 range each week during the first half of the season. Once the halfway point comes, one or two episodes usually crack the top 20 each week, at 17 - 20. Once we get down to the final 3 weeks, it creeps down to the top 12 shows with 2 episodes a week on the chart. The final week usually has at least one show in the top 10.

So far this season is not living up to the ratings from the past, but we shall not give up hope. I will update the ratings as soon as the new ones come out next week and will keep my fingers crossed that it moves back into the top 20 again.

Dep

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking in TV Guide today, not cure what week it was for. but they show the listings for every day, and after a day, they show the "highlights", and even though its on 3 times a week, it wasn't shownas a highlight in the reality tv section on tue, thur, OR sun. so i'm glad you mentioned this dep because i was thinking about ratings today, too.

I suspect that there are enough die-hard fans (like us) who will watch the show every year, regardless of content or quality.

Also, it's one of the few shows in the summer that is a non-rerun.

I don't know if Big Brother would attract many new fans at this point, but I think the fan base by now is so large that it will stay okay in the ratings, even if it's not really high.

i blame allison . i hope her and her crew gets the boot from bb production once and for all6h4logp.gif6h4logp.gif6h4logp.gif

This is probably the worst season of BB yet. I barely watch the episodes anymore, usually only catching half episodes or sometimes missing them completely. I don't watch the feeds too much anymore, only looking at them on a rare occasion when I'm desperately bored. There's just nothing interesting or exciting about this season or any of its castmates.

Agreed, Screbel--I'm sure if this were my first season of watching, I wouldn't be sticking with it.

But I've watched it from the beginning--and hey, I'm a Mortyite...!!!

I think they (CBS) should look at the synergy between the internet and their pay channel (Showtime) and realize that they have a product here that provides viewers on 3 levels...more so than ANY other reality show to date...this is the future of reality with the viewers participating in the end result and making their feelings known. Survivor has been the only other reality show that had an active base, however when you compare page hits BB8 destroys the rest of them.

I managed to get my friend hooked on it this season.. at first she thought I was crazy, said it was a weird addiction and I needed help... but this week on thursday's episode, she called me at every commercial break to see what I thought would happen...

Well this year was so boring and most exciting thing was Amber's tears, until tonight....I cannot wait to see BB8's ratings after the Dick/Jen blowup......Can't stand either one, but it did grab everyone's attention....

Well, For the week ending 7/29, the Thurs episode finally cracked back into the top 20 at#20. Maybe with this weeks drama, things move up further this week.

Nielsen ratings for the week ending July 29:

1. America's Got Talent - Tues (NBC)

2. CSI (CBS)

3. Singing Bee - Tues (NBC)

4. So You Think You Can Dance - Thurs (FOX)

5. 60 Minutes (CBS)

6. Two and a Half Men (CBS)

7. Don't Forget The Lyrics - Thurs (FOX)

8. Hell's Kitchen (FOX)

9. Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader - Mon (FOX)

10. Shark (CBS)

11. CSI: NY (CBS)

12. NCIS (CBS)

13. CSI: Miami (CBS)

14. Just For Laughs (ABC)

15. So You Think You Can Dance - Weds (FOX)

16. Criminal Minds (CBS)

17. Don't Forget The Lyrics - Weds (FOX)

18. Just For Laughs (ABC)

19. The Next Best Thing (ABC)

20. Big Brother - Thurs (CBS)

Dep

Thank you for this topic, Depeche. It's very interesting to see how the show is doing and correlate that with the events that went on that week on the show.

I wonder if Showtime Too is really helping the show or hurting it? Maybe there are people who were never spoiled before (not Morty's readers) and they started watching on Showtime, and getting spoiled? They have a little update thing at the bottom of the screen, so the people will know at a glance all of the latest news. Maybe that makes them think it would be silly to watch the show itself?

If they dump Nick (who at least talks) and keep Kail again, the entertainment value will diminish even more......they need to do something unexpected because so far it's been the blind leading the blind........it's boring to watch so many followers, thus the poor ratings.

I wonder if Showtime Too is really helping the show or hurting it? Maybe there are people who were never spoiled before (not Morty's readers) and they started watching on Showtime, and getting spoiled? They have a little update thing at the bottom of the screen, so the people will know at a glance all of the latest news. Maybe that makes them think it would be silly to watch the show itself?

Personally I like the ShowToo feeds, but I think you might be right. ALOT of the action that makes the show gets shown on Showtime, and its uncut. I bet alot of people feel like now more than ever before they only need to watch the Thursday show, because ShowToo will tell them all they really need to know aside from who gets evicted.

It seems the drama in the house last week definately helped in the ratings. All 3 episodes last week were in the top 20. The odd thing is, it was Sundays episode that did the best and the live show did the worst.

These are the ratings for 7/30 - 8/5

Here are the weekly TV ratings, by number of viewers.

1. America's Got Talent (NBC)

2. The Singing Bee (NBC)

3. So You Think You Can Dance - Thurs (FOX)

4. Two and a Half Men (CBS)

5. Without A Trace (CBS)

6. CSI (CBS)

7. 60 Minutes (CBS)

8. CSI: Miami (CBS)

9. Hell's Kitchen (FOX)

10. So You Think You Can Dance - Weds (FOX)

11. CSI: NY (CBS)

12. NCIS (CBS)

13. Don't Forget The Lyrics - Weds (FOX)

14. Don't Forget The Lyrics - Thurs (FOX)

15. Big Brother - Sun (CBS)

16. Just For Laughs (ABC)

17. Law and Order: SVU (NBC)

18. Dateline - Weds (NBC)

19. Big Brother - Tues (CBS)

20. Big Brother - Thurs (CBS)

Dep

Archived