Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Celebrity Apprentice - Season 1

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,873 posts
Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Celebrity Version Of The Apprentice Announced By NBC

NBC has renewed "The Apprentice" for mid-season with a creative twist. In a new celebrity version of the popular series, celebrity contestants will vie for Donald Trump's attention in what will be the highest-profile competition in the groundbreaking series' run, it was announced today by Ben Silverman, Co-Chairman, NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios.

"It's always good to be in business with Mark Burnett and Donald Trump," said Silverman. "I am so excited to offer viewers what promises to be the most explosive version of 'The Apprentice' that anyone has seen."

"The success of 'The Apprentice' has been a great experience for me," said Trump. "I look forward to working with Ben, NBC and Mark, the best team in television. I believe that celebrity 'Apprentice' will bring our wonderful show to new heights."

A list of the participating celebrities will be announced at a later date for the series' seventh season. Contestants will be raising money for various charities throughout the competition.

Last season, "The Apprentice: Los Angeles" averaged a 3.1 rating, 7 share in adults 18-49 and 7.5 million viewers overall. It was the most upscale unscripted show on primetime network television, indexing at a 131 among adults 18-49 living in homes with $100,000-plus incomes (with 100 representing an average concentration of those homes in the 18-49 population). In addition, a total of more than 40.1 million viewers watched some or all of the first season's finale of "The Apprentice" on April 15, 2004 -- making it the top new show of that season among adults 18-49 and total viewers.

As in past editions of "The Apprentice" -- which became a national sensation after it premiered on NBC in January 8, 2004 -- celebrity contestants will be tasked to projects on assigned teams each week. Ultimately, they will have to sit in the boardroom and help advise Trump on who he should fire each week from their opposing team. Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr. will return for several episodes as boardroom advisers.

"The Apprentice" is produced by Mark Burnett Productions in association with Trump Productions LLC. Mark Burnett and Donald J. Trump are executive producers.

Posted by Joe Reality on July 16, 2007 at 06:19 PM

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,873 posts
Courtesy of; ZAP2IT

New 'Apprentice' Welcomes Celebrities
Will Rosie O'Donnell be involved?

July 16, 2007

Donald Trump

Donald Trump is used to turning ordinary entrepreneurs into quivering tubs of jelly, but will he have the same power over celebrities?

As expected, NBC used its Monday (July 16) morning Television Critics Association press tour to announce the return of "The Apprentice" to the network's schedule. The next installment of the former phenomenon will expand the format to focus on celebrities.

"It's always good to be in business with Mark Burnett and Donald Trump," says Ben Silverman, new co-chairman for NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios. "I am so excited to offer viewers what promises to be the most explosive version of 'The Apprentice' that anyone has seen."

While the competitions will remain mostly unchanged in the new format, Silverman told reporters that the celebrity contestants would be playing for charity.

The network wouldn't commit to a specific premiere date for the "Apprentice" celebrity season, nor to individual contestants. The plan is to cast famous faces who have also delved into the world of business. Asked for a list of dream contestants, Silverman offered only one.

"I think it'd be great to have Rosie on 'The Apprentice,'" Silverman says. "Donald personally told me to extend an invite to her."

He appeared to be serious.

The show's most recent season, "The Apprentice: Los Angeles," averaged only 7.5 million viewers per episode, far below the lofty heights it achieved three years ago, when its first final was watched by 40.1 million viewers. Although NBC didn't announce a place for "The Apprentice" in its fall schedule, the show still ranked as last season's most upscale unscripted show.

"The success of 'The Apprentice' has been a great experience for me," Trump says in a typically understated statement. "I look forward to working with Ben, NBC and Mark, the best team in television. I believe that celebrity 'Apprentice' will bring our wonderful show to new heights."

Courtesy of; TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: MY TAKE

Rosie Answers Apprentice Invite with a Big, Fat "No"

Shortly after announcing the upcoming "celebrity" edition of The Apprentice, NBC Entertainment chief Ben Silverman on Monday told reporters, "It would be great to have Rosie [O'Donnell] on" the Trump-fronted program, adding, "Donald personally told me to extend an invitation to her."

Let's hope Silverman still has all his fingertips. Quick to snuff any speculation that, if only just as a lark, Rosie might take The Donald up on the offer, the mouth's mouthpiece told the Associated Press, "It will never happen in this lifetime or beyond." Meaning, not unless Ro gets an executive-producer credit?

Posted by Matt Webb Mitovich 07/17/07 10:29 AM

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,873 posts
Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Jeff Gordon, Naomi Judd, Carmen Electra, Joan Rivers, Pete Rose, George Foreman, Jim Kramer will be on celebrity Apprentice

Donald Trump has revealed several of the cast members for the upcoming celebrity edition of The Apprentice, and they are actually well-known celebrities.

Page Six reports that “he’s already signed” the following celebrities: “Jim Cramer, Carmen Electra, Joan Rivers, Naomi Judd, George Foreman, … Kimora Lee Simmons, Pete Rose, Dana Patrick, Tony Hawk and Jeff Gordon.” Also included, even though the paper misspelled her name, is season one cast member Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth.

In addition, Trump said, “We’re negotiating with Britney [Spears] right now. Can you imagine her doing it? We’re not sure what will happen. She’s a [bleep]ing mess. And that little reality show she had did nothing. But she likes the idea of being on television and I think she’d be great.”

He also said that Paris Hilton, who is reportedly joining the UK’s celebrity Big Brother in January, “wants to be on, and we’re thinking about it, but I don’t know if we’re going to do it.” In addition, he’ll ask Lindsay Lohan, who he calls “Another [bleep]ing mess. We haven’t asked her yet, but I’m going to call her this week. It would a positive thing for her to do … for all of them.”

Trump Bid to Save Bimbo Trio [Page Six]

posted Aug. 20, 2007 at 3:53 PM

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Now there's an exciting cast... rolleyes.gif

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,873 posts

Jeff Gordon “has not agreed to participate” in celebrity Apprentice

NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon has not been signed as a cast member for The Apprentice 7, contrary to what Donald Trump reportedly said.

Page Six reported Monday that Gordon—along with 10 other celebrities—had “already signed” on for the show, and uncharacteristically, the gossip column actually had a named source: Donald Trump himself.

However, Jeff Gordon’s spokesperson Jon Edwards told the Detroit Free Press that the driver “has not agreed to participate. They contacted me with very little specifics, and I explained that I highly doubt that Jeff would be able to participate because taping coincides with the ‘Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup.’ I asked for more information before I reviewed with Jeff, and I have received nothing,” he said.

That doesn’t entirely rule out Jeff Gordon’s participation, of course, but clearly, it’s far from assured. How many of the other 10 celebrities Trump named have also not yet signed on?

Jeff Gordon not taking on Donald Trump on ‘The Apprentice’ [Detroit Free Press]

posted Aug. 22, 2007 at 8:18 AM

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,873 posts

Celebrity Apprentice may include Marilu Henner, Omarosa, John Cena, Stephen Baldwin, Gene Simmons

Nine celebrities have been identified as cast members for The Apprentice 7, the celebrity edition. If the names are correct, the show—like all celebrity shows now—is stretching the definition of “celebrity.” (A previous list of celebrities turned out to be incorrect.)

The newly identified cast members are Carol Alt, Stephen Baldwin, John Cena, Marilu Henner, Lennox Lewis, Tito Ortiz, Vincent Pastore, Gene Simmons, and former Apprentice cast member Omarosa, according to TMZ, which says “NBC’s been doing everything they can to keep these names under wraps.”

TMZ doesn’t have the best track record revealing cast members for reality shows, but the site’s paparazzi did, however, capture several of the stars it named selling hot dogs in New York City earlier today. Those stars were being filmed, and it’s hard to imagine why a bunch of D-list celebs would be selling hot dogs in New York other than because Donald Trump commanded them to do so. Those people were Lennox Lewis, Gene Simmons, Vincent Pastore, John Cena, and Stephen Baldwin; perhaps they’re on one team together.

The site says “production goons did everything they could to block our shot — which just seemed ridiculous, considering that a huge crowd of people was already gawking.”

The Celebrity Apprentices — Revealed! and Trump’s Apprentices Doggin’ It on the Job [TMZ]

posted Oct. 19, 2007 at 6:07 PM

Cajunboiler

Cajunboiler

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 5,323 posts
Trump is really full of himself. This show should've been cancelled already.

Joah

Joah

• Pip
  • 1,514 posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

totally agree

Cajunboiler

Cajunboiler

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 5,323 posts

`Celebrity Apprentice' stars announced
By FRAZIER MOORE, AP Television Writer Today at 6:10 am

full article is here http://tv.yahoo.com/..._apprentice__ER

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,873 posts
Thanks Cajun...here's another one...

Courtesy of: RELAITYBLURRED

Celebrity Apprentice cast announced after the media keeps NBC’s secret for a month

The 16 quasi-celebrities who will participate in NBC’s Apprentice 7, which debuts Jan. 3, have been officially announced by NBC—weeks after the press officially learned of their identities but agreed to sit on the story.

The 16 quasi-celebrities are country singer Trace Adkins, model/actress Carol Alt, actor Stephen baldwin, Olympic gymnast Nadia Comaneci, Playmate Tiffany Fallon, Olympic softball player Jennie Finch, producer Nely galan, actor Marilu Henner, boxer Lennox Lewis, Apprentice contestant Omarosa, America’s Got Talent judge Piers Morgan, UFC fighter Tito Ortiz, actor Vincent Pastore, and Kiss singer Gene Simmons.

The most appalling part of the news is that the press was introduced to the cast last month, and promised NBC not to say anything until now. “At a locked-down news conference in Manhattan last month, the cast for ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ was introduced to members of the press. Everyone was sworn to secrecy,” The AP’s Frazier Moore reports, as if this is something to be proud of. What the hell is the media thinking here? Kowtowing to a television network’s request that an announcement about the cast of a has-been reality series be withheld? For what reason would that be necessary other than to let NBC use the media as its lackeys to promote its series for free?

Presumably, the media learned of the cast’s identities when the world did, too, in mid-October. Sometime after Page Six falsely reported a cast list during the summer, the actual cast members were photographed in New York participating in a task, so many of the cast’s identities aren’t a surprise.

What is a surprise is that Donald Trump said that 125 celebrities wanted to be on the show, and “were all begging to be on the show. The hardest thing was breaking it down to these 14,” he told reporters. Trump said that he selected the cast based upon their business experience. “These people have all done something very dramatic with money.” Assuming that at least two-thirds of what Donald Trump says is complete bullshit, it’s still hard to believe that they ended up with this group and rejected so many others. A judge from another NBC reality series? Omarosa? Really?

Donald Trump Returns to NBC with “The Celebrity Apprentice” Premiere Thursday, Jan. 3rd 9pm ET [NBC press release]

Celebrity Apprentice’ Stars Announced [AP]
posted Nov. 19, 2007 at 10:43 AM

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Maybe this might turn out to OK, but I sure am skeptical. I hated The Apprentice when it first came on the air, but once I "got it", then I found it be one of the best reality shows along with Survivor and Big Brother. I tend to think that when a reality show resorts to using celebrities (like The Mole), it is like when a fading sitcom adds a cute wise cracking kid to the cast in a last ditch effort to squeeze out 1-2 more seasons.

I would like to see them add "The Robot" from Lost In Space. animated_bouncy.gif

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,873 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: MY TAKE

Celebrity Apprentice Features Omarosa's Return, a Playmate and More

It's official! Rock legend Gene Simmons, boxer Lennox Lewis and Playmate Tiffany Fallon will join 11 others on a celebrity edition of NBC's The Apprentice, which debuts in January. After a tepidly received dalliance with L.A., the series relocates back to New York City, while other changes find the celebs living in separate hotel rooms, and the challenges will be modified. "You won't see any rewards," says executive producer Eden Gaha, who helped choose from a pool of 125 interested celebs. "You won't see [them] going to the Yankees game or drinking champagne, because these people do that all the time."

Instead, the celebrities will compete on behalf of charities, and the winner will not be offered a job with Trump at the end of the program. While most of the participants claim winning is the most important factor, others say it's more about the learning experience. "Business requires tremendous discipline and focus," says Stephen Baldwin. "I hope to hone in on that, develop that muscle, so to speak." — Rob Moynihan

The full contestant lineup:
• Trace Adkins (country music singer)
• Carol Alt (model/actress)
• Stephen Baldwin (The Usual Suspects)
• Nadia Comaneci (Olympic gold-medal gymnast)
• Tiffany Fallon (2005 Playboy Playmate of the Year)
• Jennie Finch (Olympic gold-medal softball player)
• Nely Galan (producer, Telemundo)
• Marilu Henner (Taxi)
• Lennox Lewis (former heavyweight champion)
• Piers Morgan (America's Got Talent)
• Omarosa (Apprentice Season 1 contestant)
• Tito Ortiz (UFC champion)
• Vincent Pastore (The Sopranos)
• Gene Simmons (KISS frontman)

Posted by Matt Webb Mitovich 11/19/07 9:19 AM

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Only 125 interested? Here is much better list:

- Carrot Top
- Donny Osmond
- Marie Osmond
- Ed MacMann
- Alf
- Pat Sajak
- Mr T
- Micheal Jackson
- Cal Worthington
- OJ Simpson
- Gary Colemen
- The Robot from Lost In Space
- Sean Penn as "Jeff Spicoli"
- Tony Defranco
- Chuck Barris
- Paris Hilton

Alternates: Mr. Magoo, Danny Bonaduce, Lassie

ElleNaturelle

ElleNaturelle

• Pip
  • 5,503 posts
I just can't get excited about this. I'm not yet sure as to why.

BuxomBlonde

BuxomBlonde

Prediction Challenge Hostess

• Pip
  • 1,204 posts
Some promotional clips: NBC EPK site

TCS

TCS

• Pip
  • 3,571 posts
I really like the Apprentice. I just don't know about a Celeb edition??? I have to just wait and see. I think I like echos' list better. giggle.gif pixiedust.gif

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Well with the writer's strike and most of the good shows being out of episodes, I'll give just about anything a shot.

wickedclownoj

wickedclownoj

• Pip
  • 751 posts
ALF WINS EASILY ON THE 2ND LIST animated_rotfl.gif

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,873 posts
Courtesy of; ZAP2IT

NBC Delays 'Celebrity Apprentice'
Premiere moves back one week to Jan. 10

December 19, 2007

Donald Trump

Those of you waiting with bated breath for the premiere of "The Celebrity Apprentice" will have to bate a little longer.

NBC has decided to hold off on the show's premiere a week, pushing it back from Jan. 3 to Jan. 10. Its timeslot -- 9 p.m. ET Thursdays -- and everything else about the show remains the same.

The move will protect the show from a couple of other likely big ratings draws on Jan. 3. FOX broadcasts college football's Orange Bowl that night, and ABC is slated to air the last original "Grey's Anatomy" completed before the writers' strike.

It also extends the "Apprentice" run one more week into the spring, when -- barring a strike settlement -- supplies of original programming will be getting pretty thin.

"The Celebrity Apprentice" will bring together the likes of actress Marilu Henner, rock star Gene Simmons, former heavyweight champ Lennox Lewis and model Carol Alt, among others, to compete in business-related task under the eye of Donald Trump. The winner will earn a $250,000 donation to a charity of his or her choice.

TCS

TCS

• Pip
  • 3,571 posts
Thanks Dade for posting. The more I hear about the Celeb Edition the more I'm looking forward to watching this!!!! I can't wait!!!! pixiedust.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users