Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Julie Chen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

TempletonPeck

TempletonPeck

TempletonPeck

• LFU
  • 500 posts
I know, and I value yours. It just bothers me when it is competitions, or facts that are messed up. I just expect shows like this (especially after so many years) to be highly polished when it comes to things like hosting.

cenerentola

cenerentola

• Pip
  • 51 posts
Well, if the CBS nightly news doesn't work out for Katie Couric, she always has a place on BB she could fill! animated_rotfl.gif

In reality, Julie has grown on me. At first she rarely seemed to know what was going on in the show and acted like a reporter who hadn't done her research. Now I think she at least watches the televised shows, and she is more into it. Nevertheless, she messes up way too much for someone in a professional capacity such as hers. For all the Julie Chens out there, there are 20 more who can do a better job in speaking and in dressing themselves. Still, she is the one remaining constant in BB, and I really think this show is very much hers after 8 years of it.

Has everyone seen Julie Chen's plastic surgery before and after? It is hilarious!

Oh, and why has no one posted that link yet? I need my yearly reminder of what Dr. 90210 can do for us average looking folk!!

Depeche221

Depeche221

• Pip
  • 1,193 posts
Ummm, BB is the only show that give it's fans the kind of access that we get. Live feeds, ShoToo this season...... If you think Jeff Probst does everything perfect in one take? Think again. He has admitted to making the "Survivors" suffer longer than they had to at Tribal Councils and comps because he biffed it. Guess what? It was edited out of the show when it aired.

Read interviews with the host of The Bachelor...he admits all the time that he screws up and it takes lonegr to film the show.

Caroline Rhea from "Biggest Loser", same thing.

BUT, those shows get to edit stuff out. They don't do anyting live except award the money. BB lets you watch the whole way through.....KNOWING that we are watching and bitching and threatening lawsuits over every move they make.

And Julie Chen STILL is willing to get on there every Thurs and be the friendly face for us, the viewer, and for the victed HG. And she does it getting beat up and hated every week for standing the wrong way, wearing the wrong clothes, or making a mistake with a button or a word. And no, it really does not affect who wins each week. When it has without a DOUBT affected something, BB has always redone it.

Dep

TCS

TCS

• Pip
  • 3,571 posts
Well said Dep. I'm staying with my mom for 2 weeks now and
she noticed on last Thursday's show how Julie did mess up a few
times...she thought it was funny when I told her it was a "live"
show taped earlier.

I hear you Temple....it is frustrating when she messes up on the
HOH comps. but I still love her.

TempletonPeck

TempletonPeck

TempletonPeck

• LFU
  • 500 posts
I thought they did rehearsals prior to going live to help get it right? I don't argue the point that it isn't easy to have to do things live on the spot, but lots of hosts and other TV people manage OK. I just figured she'd be a little better at it by now than she is, because she's had many seasons to get it down.

Depeche221

Depeche221

• Pip
  • 1,193 posts
Ohhhhhh Templeton, how you amuse me. yoUr comments are Very insightful. It uPsets me that more people understand Your way of looking at things. I just gave you a 5th star to try and help you out. You seem to be working hard lately and that definAtely gets you noticed.

Mey be by the end of the Season we will agree, but I doubt it. No hard feelings, but we see things differentlY

Dep

snancypants

snancypants

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,339 posts
okay you asked for the link cenerentola so here is one.

http://www.goodplast...ves/004877.html

uvp

uvp

• Pip
  • 20,009 posts
this season she has sucks for me with her balant leading question which imho is picking on certain hg and ruining good strategy by those hg eg callling zach out of his new found religion

rzavi4jc

rzavi4jc

• Pip
  • 83 posts
I have always been a big fan of Julie. I thinik she strikes an excellent balance between someone you would see in a serious jounalistic capacity, and someone you would expect to see more on entertainment tonight. She also lends an air of credibility to the show.

HOWEVER, I think her botch in the HOH competition this year, when Eric buzzed in and she said the answer instead of Eric's name, possibly altering the entire course of the show, puts her on "probation". Everyone is entitled to screw up every now and then, but that was such an obvious answer that Eric would have almost certainly gotten it right. In my mind, one more screw up like that and she should be out.

Francis_3

Francis_3

• Pip
  • 4,399 posts
I always liked Julie, but I think she's ready to be done with BB and focus on the morning show. After this many seasons, I would hope that Big Brother would pass the torch to a former HG. Not someone like Marcellas, but someone who appeared to really enjoy the experience, like George.

I have to admit, I was kind of surprised that after Allison took over, Julie was still the host. Julie is old guard, I'm ready for something new.

joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,461 posts
Dick Donato is my pick as host!!!

Francis_3

Francis_3

• Pip
  • 4,399 posts
I'd think Dick would be a great host. Above all else, he really does enjoy the game of Big Brother. My only problem would be his speaking/ presenting voice. He would be great for comentary, but I'm not sure about comp hosting. Julie may have flubbed a few answers, but her voice was pretty clear.

Maybe Jack and Dick could host together.

JeepGirl

JeepGirl

Live Feed Updater

• Pip
  • 250 posts
Speaking of Julie Chen before and afters, go to youtube and search for clips of BB1. Talk about time warp.

Better yet, heres a link:

The hair! The clothes! The house!

Enjoy

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Ummm, all I have to say is wow....

Baron

Baron

• Pip
  • 1,163 posts
Julie never bugged me. She's just there. Yeah, she messes up every once in awhile. But, who are we to judge? I've worked in live TV and I know first hand its easy to screw up. Maybe that's why I cut her some slack.

scarpias

scarpias

• Pip
  • 173 posts
JC has that job because she does the job for the CBS boss, end of story.

uvp

uvp

• Pip
  • 20,009 posts
i was always a fan of keeping her but bb needs a new host

Nilty

Nilty

• Pip
  • 46 posts
Would Love to see someone whos active and involved like I see with the Host in BBAU.. Perhaps they could get Gretchen Massey to go from House Talks to Host.. I bet she could do the job.. I have always been impressed with her skills on the Web casts.. And thats a Live show also isn't it?

and BB has its re-edits of lots of things.. When it comes to some of the competitions I think its understandable.. Especially when they have someone who is illertatre trying to read the witty banter on the instruction sheet..

Thats one Huge reason why I am a big advocate of "Big Brother" becoming a character on the show.. where he can give them the rules himself Instead of the pretty girls being like Ohh Pick me to read the rules..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users