Sign in to follow this  
Dade

You're Rehired!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: MY TAKE

You're Rehired! The Apprentice Returns to NBC

And you thought Jericho's renewal was nutty. Plucking the reality competition out of its own ashes, NBC is bringing back Donald Trump's The Apprentice for at least one more season, sources tell Reuters, saying that the Peacock plans to announce the somewhat unexpected renewal on July 16 at the Television Critics Association press tour.

Though there's no official word from NBC, one person familiar with the talks tells Reuters The Apprentice would return for two more years, while another insider said the plan is to bring the show back for a seventh season with an option to renew it for an eighth.

Posted by Matt Webb Mitovich 07/6/07 4:25 PM

I heard a while ago that it might come back, but without Trump.

Is it going to be him?

WHY are they bringing it back???

You could blame it on Trump's huge ego, but you'd think his huge ego would be reluctant to have it bomb big time--and it will.

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Apprentice' May Rise from Ashes

NBC, Burnett, Trump in talks to revive show

July 9, 2007

Back in May Donald Trump seemingly washed his hands of "The Apprentice," issuing a statement that he was "moving on" from the show.

Now, though, it appears that the billionaire may continue his relationship with the network, as negotiations are proceeding to revive "The Apprentice" for at least a seventh cycle.

Though a deal hasn't been completed yet, NBC is hoping to have one in place in time for its presentation at the Television Critics Association press tour next week, according to Reuters, which first reported the possible renewal. Among the details still being worked out, according to the wire service, are whether the show would return for one or two cycles.

"The Apprentice" didn't have a place on NBC's schedule when the network announced its 2007-08 lineup in mid-May. A week later, Trump issued his statement saying he was "moving on from 'The Apprentice' to a major new TV venture"; he has since struck a deal with FOX to develop a series called "Lady or a Tramp," based on the British show "Ladette to Lady."

The show has suffered substantial ratings erosion in recent editions. The sixth season, which concluded in April, averaged about 7.5 million viewers per week, less than half the audience of the show's first couple of cycles.

Nonetheless, new NBC boss Ben Silverman asked Trump and Burnett to extend a renewal deadline when he took over shortly after Memorial Day, and the duo agreed to continue talks.

Any further word?

I didn't like this show at first, but began to like it once I understood that they preselect 1-2 potetional winners before they start filming, the rest are simply there to be fired.

they preselect 1-2 potetional winners before they start filming

omg!!! Are you serious!?!? I haven't heard this before, but now that I have it does make sense when I look back and think of some of the losers that were on this show. I always wondered how out of "10, 000 potential candidates" they were of the handful that got selected to play. Wild!

Yeah, that is how the show works. They select a couple of people to compete against each other and the rest are hired for their personalities flaws so they can be fired.

When I first started watching I thought show was pretty lame because they clearly weren't getting the best of the best. Then I started watching and noticed how the game was being played and it became obvious that most of them are there to be fired, not hired. It is like a magic trick, and like all magic tricks, if you watch closely enough you can figure out how the trick is done. In this case, they know who they are going fire in advance, and the compeition is just between a couple of people to see how they handle themselves with a group of people who don't always play well together. It is possible that Trump knows who he is going to hire from the very beginning, but has 1 - 2 back up canadates in case #1 canidate has to quit the game in the middle for personal or medical reasons. But overall, show is not what it predents to be. It is about firing people, not hiring people. That is OK, those who are fired on the show get to say "I was fired by Donald Trump" and that alone gets them job interviews and offers they would never had otherwise.