BB8 ... In The Media

Dade

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Who Will Win Big Brother 8?

daniele_smiles.jpg

With only seven houseguests left, the winner of Big Brother 8 will soon be crowned. Could the winner be America

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Big Brother's Jen Explains Her "Jenius" Strategy

by Nina Hämmerling Smith

070828int2jenjohnson.jpg

Jen Johnson, Big Brother 8

After a week of bad behavior, Jen Johnson was evicted from the Big Brother house last Thursday, surprising most viewers only in how long she'd lasted. (Jen had been on the block three times in a row earlier in the season). The 23-year-old "fun nanny" for Vanna White's kids was characteristically open about why she went off slop and what she really thinks of Dick and Daniele.

TVGuide.com: You said that you just didn't fit in at the house. Why was that?

Jen Johnson: The rest of the house [guests] were much more into the game spirit rather than real-life spirit. I was there to experience the games, or wear a unitard, or make friends. Everyone else was two-faced and backstabbing and liars. It was like, "I don't want to be friends with these people," so I'd rather just be by myself. But then, how horrible is that?

TVGuide.com: You always said you were there for the experience, not the money. What kind of experience did you have?

Jen: It was quite enjoyable

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Big Brother

by Trish Wethman

Episode Recap: PoV 8

"Amber

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Big Brother ratings climb, web site gets one-third of TV network traffic

Big Brother 8 may be more appalling than in years past, but the show

Amber evicted from the Big Brother house but won

Courtesy of; TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: MY TAKE

Big Brother Lockdown! Evictees Off-limits to Press

Late Thursday, media outlets including TVGuide.com received the surprising word that neither Big Brother 8's Amber nor any other upcoming evictees will be made available for "postmortem" interviews. Why the change in long-standing policy? "We have made jury members... available to the press the past two seasons, always with the proviso that their questions not inform the ejected houseguest of influences outside his or her personal experience in the house," CBS says in a statement. "This season, several cast members have made either offensive statements or exhibited controversial behavior. We respect journalists' interest and right to pose questions about these matters, but at the same time believe doing so could provide information that influences the final vote and potential outcome of the 12-week competition." Cue lockdown.

CBS adds that any and all castoffs will be available for Q&A... following the Big Brother finale airing Sept. 18.

Posted by Matt Webb Mitovich Aug 31, 2007 1:47 PM

Another media article regarding the media blackout on interviewing evictees - beginning with Amber.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/cbs-can...rviews-5716.php

CBS cancels all evicted 'Big Brother 8' houseguest media interviews

By Christopher Rocchio and Steve Rogers, 08/31/2007

Citing a concern that reporters' questions might "influence" the votes of the evicted houseguests that will be part of the jury that will determine Big Brother 8's $500,000 grand-prize winner, CBS has announced that it has canceled all post-eviction media interviews with the show's remaining houseguests effective immediately.

The first houseguest effected by the network's decision was Amber Siyavus, the 27-year-old Las Vegas cocktail waitress who became the eighth houseguest evicted during last night's live Big Brother 8 broadcast.

Media outlets that were scheduled to interview Siyavus on Friday received a statement late Thursday informing them of the network's lock-down decision.

"We have made jury members of Big Brother available to the press the past two seasons, always with the proviso that their questions not inform the ejected houseguest of influences outside his or her personal experience in the house," CBS said in the statement.

"This season, several cast members have made either offensive statements or exhibited controversial behavior. We respect journalists' interest and right to pose questions about these matters, but at the same time believe doing so could provide information that influences the final vote and potential outcome of the 12-week competition. For that reason, the remaining jurors will not be made available to the media for the duration of the program."

Prior to the late Thursday announcement of the new all-encompassing gag order, CBS had already previously informed reporters that it planned to restrict them from asking about many several media outlets considered to be a non-gameplay subject matter, according to The Associated Press.

Reporters were already confined to asking the sequestered evictees about events that they were personally "physically present for in the house." However, The AP reported that once Siyavus and fellow houseguest Jameka Cameron were nominated for eviction last week (Siyavus was later removed from the eviction block and neither was evicted that week), CBS had informed reporters that should either one be evicted, anyone interviewing Siyavus or Cameron would have to agree not to ask questions about controversial anti-Semetic remarks Siyavus had made to Cameron during their Big Brother 8 stay.

After CBS announced its intention to make asking either woman about Siyavus' comments off limits to reporters, The AP published an August 29 report in which it publicly announced that it would decline to interview either one of them.

Although none of the comments were ever broadcast on Big Brother 8's thrice-weekly CBS broadcasts, Siyavus' comments had been broadcast on the show's live 24/7 Internet feeds.

"The majority of people I know from New York and Jewish... so many are greedy and so selfish," Siyavus told Cameron in an August 6 live feed conversation that eventual became much more widely viewed via YouTube.

"The one girl we used to work with -- she's from New York -- and she's a good person... She is," continued Siyavus. "She's from New York and she's Jewish but she's a good person and she means well. She's just been f**ked over so many times she's bitter. She's really like money-hungry and my mom's like, 'She's Jewish.' Every time my mom points that out... Every time I make a comment about somebody being selfish or greedy... like every single time."

"You just got to be careful how that's coming across because you don't want to be labeled as... you know what I mean?" Cameron said to Siyavus during their conversation, obviously aware that her housemate was making anti-Semetic remarks. "Don't just make a blank statement like that because it's bad... It's not good."

"Oh yeah," answered Siyavus. "People that I know who are Jewish -- that I've met -- very few aren't f**ked up..."

Two days after the August 6 broadcast of Siyavus' comments, CBS issued their own statement on the matter.

"Big Brother is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 - and seeing every moment of their lives," said CBS in the statement, according to TMZ.com. "At times, the houseguests reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone. We certainly find the statements made by Amber Siyavus on the live Internet feed to be offensive and they will not be part of any future broadcast on the CBS Television Network."

While Siyavus' derogatory comments have received the most media attention, she's not the only still-competing Big Brother 8 houseguest that has caught flack about what they've said or done on the live Internet feeds.

Dick "Evil Dick" Donato has taken heat due to his poor treatment of several of the house's other houseguests -- particularly Jen Johnson, who was evicted during last week's Big Brother 8 eviction (Johnson was nominated for eviction after Siyavus was removed from the chopping block). Donato's interaction with Johnson included several vulgarity-laced tirades, dumping a glass of iced tea on her head, blowing cigarette smoke in her face, and inadvertently grazing the palm of her hand with a lit cigarette he was smoking when she tried to knock it away from him on the eve of her eviction.

"I definitely think [Donato] should've been kicked out, but obviously he was definitely entertainment for the show, so that's why he wasn't," Johnson told The AP during her post-eviction interview.

In addition, Eric Stein, a 27-year-old New York talent management assistant who is secretly serving as Big Brother 8's "America's Player" twist, has also repeatedly been observed using vulgar terms to describe Johnson and some of the house's other women.

CBS' new interview blackout policy applies to all media outlets, including its own.

"Amber thank you... you're off to the jury house but we'll see you back here on [september] 18th when you help determine who wins Big Brother," host Julie Chen said to Siyavus during last night's live Big Brother 8 broadcast, failing to tease The Early Show interviews she normally conducts with newly-evicted houseguests on Friday mornings.

Future Big Brother 8 evictees will also no longer be interviewed on House Calls, CBS.com's live daily Big Brother talk show.

"The decision has been made to truly, truly sequester each jury member to protect the integrity of the game," said House Calls host Gretchen Massey after reading CBS' statement during Friday's broadcast, which was supposed to feature an interview with Siyavus.

Despite the in-season gag order, CBS plans to make all Big Brother 8 houseguests available to the media following the finale, which is scheduled to air Tuesday, September 18.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Big Brother

by Trish Wethman

Episode Recap: Nomination 9

Hi there to all you BB fans. Nina here; I'll be your recapper this week while Trish is away. Some of you may have seen my interviews with this season's evictees

Haysville's Hughbanks voted off 'Big Brother'

bb8_tv_090607_06.jpg

Jessica Hughbanks Evicted in a vote 2-1

Haysville native Jessica Hughbanks, one of six contestants remaining on the CBS show "Big Brother," was voted off during a live show Thursday.

Hughbanks, a 21-year-old Wichita Thunder dance team member, did not expect to leave, as viewers of the show and accompanying 24-hour live Internet feeds learned this week. But two of her former allies turned on her and planned secretly to vote her out.

Fellow Haysville native Carol Journey was voted off the show in July.

Hughbanks will be sent to a sequestered location and will return for the live "Big Brother" finale Sept. 18, when she will help vote to decide who wins the game and the $500,000 prize.

Her love interest in the game, Eric Stein, also was voted off the show Thursday. Four players remain.

http://www.kansas.com/news/updates/story/167881.html

Courtesy of; REALITYBLURRED

Jameka disqualified because of accidental ball bounce, CBS confirms

In its recap of last night

http://bb8dish.blogspot.com/

Saturday, September 08, 2007

A Message From OUR America's Player

BB8dish is proud to present a Special Message from our very own America's Player. You've seen him here in the comments section of bb8dish for several weeks now, and we thought it was about time he made the main page... He has some wonderful words of wisdom to impart to us all, and a wonderful explanation of what's to come over the next few days of Big Brother 8. So, without further ado, I present, America's Player.

America, let me state for the record, that I, in fact (and I know this may sound ridiculous) am at peace with my eviction. And although I've left the game earlier than I had hoped, with your help I've earned an additional $40,000 which, quite frankly, puts me in third place.

I'm enjoying my time, as you might surmise, in sequester; however, at this particular time, I am unable to confirm nor deny my exact whereabouts. Just know that I'm still playing for you, America, as I await my instructions from you on who to vote for as winner of Season 8 of Big Brother.

With the double eviction live show which, unfortunately, resulted in the demise of your player, the house is now down to the final four contestants. And, quite frankly, as you have already noticed, things are now moving at a new, and might I add, quickened pace.

When the number of houseguests whithers down the the final four, and I think this goes without saying, the HoH cannot be evicted. For the other three remaing houseguests to be safe, and therefore, to guarantee that they stay in the game, they must fight the good fight and, ultimately, win the PoV competition.

The PoV competition is the final, and (might I add) the most important of the season. The winner of the PoV competition holds all the power.

Since the staff at Allison Grodner Productions refuse to neither confirm nor deny the outcome of this PoV competition, I'll have to use my encyclical knowledge (and by knowledge, I mean insight, or knowing things other may overlook) to ultimately guess and suppose the outcome.

So here goes...

Let's suppose, for argument's sake, that Zach is the new HoH and he (being a panty-munching ogre) decided to nominate Evel Dick and his daughter, Daniele. Since the HoH (Zach) cannot vote, then one houseguest (Jameka) who isn't nominated casts the one and only, single and solitary, vote for eviction.

Unless...

Unless Evel Dick or Daniele were to win the PoV competition. Let us, for argument's sake, suppose (and I think it's a safe assumption) that Daniele won the PoV competition. Clearly she would use the veto on herself. The HoH (Zach) needs to replace the nomination with the only other eligible player, and that is Jameka.

See why this PoV was so important? Not only does Daniele, as PoV winner, guarantee her own safety, but she now becomes the only person casting a vote for eviction. And, in this case, she needs to select between her father, Evel Dick, or Jameka.

Now you don't have to be a Philadelphia Lawyer to figure out who Daniele will be evicting!

Um, Jameka, might I say, fare thee well, and I will see you soon in sequester.

Now the pace of the game changes once more, with only three houseguests remaining, who will now battle it out for the title of the season's last (and, arguably, most important) HoH. This is important, and I can't say this clearly enough, that unlike previous HoH competitions, this time all of the houseguests are eligible to play in the final HoH competition. Even Zach, who is outgoing HoH.

Might I remind you, that this final HoH is never any typical HoH competition. Typically, Big Brother plans a 3-part HoH competition at the end, which takes place over the course of a few days.

The first segment of the 3-part HoH competition has routinely been an endurance competition. The winner of this first leg is safe (for now) and will advance directly to round three. Meanwhile the two losers engage one another to play in the second round. The player who lost the second round has lost, and is out of the running for HoH. But the second round winner advances to play the first round winner and the third, and final, round.

So to make this clear (and by clear, I mean "easily understood") the third phase of the HoH contest takes place, in which the winner of round one competes against the winner of round two. Whoever wins this third round challenge is crowned the new (and final) HoH of the season.

This is extremely important. It is the final HoH who selects who he/she will be evicting, and therefore select who they want to take to the final two.

Well, America, the jacuzzi and and a banana daquiri are calling me. My contact with the outside world is very limited now, and highly monitored. So I need to get back to the sequester house now.

But remember, I'm still playing for you, and look forward to casting your vote during the finale of this historic season of Big Brother!

Dick and Daniele nominated after Dick receives a coded letter from his son

After Thursday

Archived