Realplayer help

love9boy

HI cant tell if its me and I cant hear anymore or is it real player that has carpy sound? Anyone else having difficulty understanding the HGs and what they are saying???? Ive had the feeds on all day minus the FOTH I cant make out one conversation!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK--- Now I need help.

I, too am seeing a "slide show" type of thing, but I have always had the same connection each yr and this has never been a problem. Can anyone suggest what specific things I can do to make them smoother, other than changing my internet connection?

Do you have the feeds on high or low resolution? You can choose which one you use. I'd suggest you try the low and see if it is better. (The same goes for the audio, although it might not help).

Also, for video problems:

Go up to the top right of the Real player and bring down the "tools" menu. Choose Preferences. Then go to the left and click "Hardware." There is a slider at the bottom right, so slide it all of the way to the left for "most reliable." That might help you get better visuals.

If you do the above, in the middle of the right side there is an area for audio, too. Click the "Settings" button, and you can slide the slider all of the way to the left to "most reliable" for sound. You could also try clicking the settings buttons to find out which one works the best for you.

This is the 4th year I have had the live feeds.... But something's not working with Real Player like it has in the past for me. I used to leave one of the camera feeds playing when I went to work and when I go to bed so that I could skim it when I get home/wake up. But now, even tho I can see that 5+ hours has been playing, I can only skim back about an hour. I haven't changed any of the setting within R.P.

Anyone have any ideas as what I should do?

thanks in advance.

M

chop - go to tools, preferences, playback settings and change enable pausing and seeking to the max of 12 hrs.

:( That's how I have it set. Here's a screen print of it..

http://www.misshousegirl.com/BB8.jpg

When I did the screen print, I had the feeds on for 1:37:32, but I can only go back as far as 1:24:52- like the start of the clip is at 1:24:52, not 0. This makes me so sad because it was nice coming home from where ever I was and going back and watching what I might have missed. And now I can only go back 15 or so minutes.

:cry:

The feeds work just fine for me whenever I'm directly connected to my modem. Whenever I connect through my router I loss my internet connection when I try to watch. It's getting really annoying because I want to watch but other people in the house want to use the internet. Has anybody else had this problem?

chop - are you using mortys links? I thought that the answer I gave you fixed the problem on my computer as well. It does the same thing with me, sometimes it can go back 1 hr, sometimes 30 mins, some times only 10. I dont get it! I wonder if morty has to do something with his links different this year?

deion2693.....Ya, I'm using the links found here. This is the first year I'm on DSL tho. Previously I had been on a cable connection. I just tried actually logging in from Real Player but their feeds end after two hours, saying something about inactivity or something. I'm going to try watching at work tomorrow and see it works differently for me there then it does here at home. I am behind a router here, wonder if that has anything to do with it?

*so confused I am* :confused:

I'm using Morty's links (the ones DreamAngel kindly provided to us). I'd have to say that Realplayer truly is working a little differently this year. I, too, have had problems with the rewind thing resetting itself back to the beginning (so that I can't rewind and confirm something I've transcribed, at times.) This is irritating for me, as most of the time now I have to transcribe everything in real time, and I am not getting as many quotes as I used to get because of it. It tends to do this when FOTH happens. So, I'll be going along, and a FOTH will happen, and I'll look at the rewind tab and it'll be back at the very left of the player.

I downloaded the newest version of realplayer when I signed up, so maybe the older versions wouldn't do this? I don't want to change mine, as my picture is really great with the new player, and I have a cable connection for the Internet. But maybe some of you would have better results if you used one of the older players that Realplayer has available?

vg08 wrote

The feeds work just fine for me whenever I'm directly connected to my modem. Whenever I connect through my router I loss my internet connection when I try to watch. It's getting really annoying because I want to watch but other people in the house want to use the internet. Has anybody else had this problem?

Are you using a wireless router? Unless your right next to the router and not connected directly, wireless routers will lose speed every so often in connection. Also is your router able to handle the high speed from your DSL/cable line? Many older ones can't.

A lot of modem problems can easily be fixed by powering down your computers and unplugging your modem and router for 5 minutes. Plug them back in and power up your computer. If that doesn't work then it sounds like it's a router problem since you say your modem works fine. Make sure that your compueter is hard wired into the router and check all the cables/lines for damage too.

StephenV wrote

Are you using a wireless router? Unless your right next to the router and not connected directly, wireless routers will lose speed every so often in connection. Also is your router able to handle the high speed from your DSL/cable line? Many older ones can't.

A lot of modem problems can easily be fixed by powering down your computers and unplugging your modem and router for 5 minutes. Plug them back in and power up your computer. If that doesn't work then it sounds like it's a router problem since you say your modem works fine. Make sure that your compueter is hard wired into the router and check all the cables/lines for damage too.

It is a wireless router but I'm connected to it by a network cable. I'm going update the firmware and see if that does anything.

I subscribed to the feeds at home on my PC and was wondering if I can pull them up at work. Can I just download Real Player and log in somehow? I'm new to the feeds and the boards so thanks in advance for the info!

Yeap, you sure can. I do both, work and home.

I went here, http://www.real.com/bigbrother?pcode=cbs&cpath=cbs and dl'd the desk top login thing and signed in.. and now I can listen/watch at work. :)

were you ever able to figure out how to make it stop looping and last 12 hrs? I still can't get it

No :(

It's neat that I can watch while I'm at work but when I'm at home I really miss just letting the feeds play and being able to go back and listen. I guess I'll just have to read the forums more then I have in the past to see what I might be missing and stuff.

Try only setting it for 6 hours rather than 12 hrs. Also make sure the box is checked that says "temporarily increase if paused for longer." Press OK when you make the change and see if that works.

Try only setting it for 6 hours rather than 12 hrs. Also make sure the box is checked that says "temporarily increase if paused for longer." Press OK when you make the change and see if that works.

:( That still doesn't work for me.

April are you using a dsl line or a high speed cable modem. If you are using a dsl line double check to make use that all phones and fax machines have a dsl filter on them. If they are plugged directly into the jack without a filter it will mess up your connection. Disconnect any phones you have plugged into your computers. Also if you do have filters on your phones/fax machines make sure the line into your modem DOESN"T have the filter on it. The modem line should be the only one without a dsl filter.

Archived