Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Kyle Xy

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Kyle XY Returns with Big Answers, and More Questions

by Robin Roberts

070611int1kylexy.jpg

Kyle XY

In the first season of ABC Family's Kyle XY, the question was, "Who is Kyle?" When the second season debuts on June 11, we find out

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Kyle XY

by Marc Simkin

June 11, 2007: The Prophet

I hope everyone enjoyed tonight

Well XX (aka Jessi) got off to a bad start.

Kyle XY

by Marc Simkin

June 18, 2007: The Homecoming

I am not even sure where to start. Everyone is happy to see Kyle, especially Declan and Amanda. But what is up with Declan's hair? Why the massive highlights? Why is Declan so stressed out with the clues that Kyle left? It seems that besides Nicole, he had the worst case of Kyle withdrawal.

I know a story was needed in order to get Kyle back with the Tragers, and I don't have an issue with the Petersons supposedly dying. But why vilify Adam by saying he kidnapped Kyle? I know they needed to account for the five-year gap, but how does making Adam the bad guy help? Now Nicole will want to help get over the trauma. Wouldn't it just be easier to say he still does not remember?

What is up with Kyle when he gets emotionally upset? What type of power is he generating that can crack windows?

How can Kyle and Jessi hear each other's heartbeats? If Jessi only saw Kyle from the side, how was she able to draw a picture of his face?

It seemed too easy to capture Jessi. The camper did not have such an easy time

Kyle XY

by Marc Simkin

June 25, 2007: The List Is Life

My head was so not into this episode this evening. I have Bon Jovi on the brain. Sorry about that gang.

The other issue I have is that there are too many pieces that don't add up or make sense.

I know that Kyle is filmed in Vancouver and that the show is supposed to take place in the PacWest. It is supposed to be the start of the school year (Aug/Sept). Why was it cold enough to wear coats and scarves? But I loved the beach scene. It actually makes me miss the time I spent out in that area.

So Zzyzx is controlled by Madacorp. If Madacorp has the power to "reprogram" Jessi in one day, don't they have the same ability to get the information out of Kyle's head?

I am trying to figure out what is up with Declan? He is in love with Lori and does not want to break up with her. But he does. Why? Is the secret that Kyle asked him to protect consuming him? Why didn't Lori try to talk to Declan sooner? Why did she need to be drunk to confront Declan?

Why couldn't Kyle tell Amanda that Charlie was cheating on her? Even better, it seems the whole school knew, so why didn't Amanda know? I don't think Amanda is a person that everyone at school would like to see hurt in that very public way.

Since when is War and Peace considered lite reading?

At the end when Nicole is about to confront Kyle about the fire, I almost swear she is in love with him, and not in a maternial way.

Posted by Marc Simkin 06/25/07 9:29 PM

Kyle XY

by Marc Simkin

Episode Recap: "Come to Your Senses"

Finally a Foss-free episode.

This episode was so much more interesting than last week's. It actually held my attention for most of the time.

Someone breaks into Amanda

Kyle XY

by Marc Simkin

Episode Recap: Does Kyle Dream of Electric Fish?

The gang was in the cafe, each in his/her own world, except for Josh, who was working and talking to Kyle. I am glad to see that they have expanded to someplace besides the house.

This episode seemed to revolve around flashbacks/visions that Kyle is having. It started when Andy mentioned the words "Remember this moment." Kyle saw Adam

Kyle XY

by Marc Simkin

Episode Recap: Free to Be You and Me

The title alone brought back some memories of a great TV show and album from the '70s.

It is Jessi

Kyle XY

by Marc Simkin

Episode Recap: House of Cards

The episode revolved around the ring that Kyle sold and how to get the ring back, since it opens the box that Kyle found in the remains of Zzyzx.

Ballantine (MadaCorp) thought things were going too slowly, so he invited himself to dinner with the Tragers. I am not sure how this would speed things up, unless he wanted Kyle to see that he possessed the ring. Nicole seemed to take the unexpected dinner guest well.

Kyle, Foss and Declan hatched a plan to get the ring back, which almost didn't work out, but it resulted in Foss sacrificing himself to make sure Kyle and Declan escaped. Again, it seemed too easy for Kyle, Declan and Foss to bypass all the security and get into MadaCorp.

Speaking of security, that place seemed very 1984 to me: retinal scanners and CCTV cameras all over the place, yet there's no security at the entrance? You can just walk in and go through a metal detector. Most buildings I

Kyle XY

by Marc Simkin

Episode Recap: "Hands on the Hybrid"

Tonight

Kyle XY

by Marc Simkin

Episode Recap: "Lockdown"

I have no clue where to start. I am still trying to process this episode in my head, so my thoughts are going to be brief, but hopefully structured.

I am guessing that Jessi is already missing when the episode starts, and the Tragers have already been told. It seems that Jessi has had a complete mental breakdown and ran away. I

Kyle XY

by Marc Simkin

Episode Recap: "Leap of Faith"

When we last left, Kyle had just found Jessi at the place where he threw Adam's ashes into the river; we pick up tonight with Kyle and Jessi walking through the woods. Jessi wants to know why Kyle is helping her. The answer is simple: He trusts her.

Emily gives Foss his cell phone and a key to his handcuffs, hoping that he would lead them all to Kyle and Jessi. The key allows Foss to escape, and Kyle asks him to watch over the Tragers.

Kyle and Jessi are on the run and visiting places that Adam and the women in the photograph had been. The mystery of Kyle and Jessi

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Kyle XY' to Return for Third Season

Show still hasn't finished its second season run

October 5, 2007

29268661.jpg

Matt Dallas, 'Kyle XY'

Kyle and his adoptive Trager family will have more time to delve into his mysterious past.

ABC Family has ordered a 10-episode third season of the hit drama "Kyle XY." The show recently enjoyed its midseason finale and will return with 10 new episodes to complete its sophomore season.

In its second outing, "Kyle XY" has introduced another subject from Zzyzx, a girl named Jessi (Jaimie Alexander). The Trager household has gone through their own upheaval with Stephen changing jobs, Nicole second-guessing herself, Lori dealing with her breakup with Declan and Josh befriending Andi. In the meantime, Kyle is torn between nurturing his fledgling romance with Amanda and seeing to his duties, which include dealing with Jessi and honing his unique skills.

The second season has improved on the ratings for the time period a year ago and recently won a Television Critics Association for best children's programming, beating out the likes of favorites "SpongeBob SquarePants" and "Dora the Explorer."

The show and its star Matt Dallas were also nominated for Teen Choice Awards.

Kyle XY Happy Holidays and ....

Hey there gang. I just wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday and a healthy new year.

I also have some Kyle news for everyone. There will be new Kyle episodes as of Monday, Jan 14, 2008.

ABC Family is running an marathon of Kyle episodes that day leading up to the return.

And yes, the blog will be continuing.

If you missed any of the previous Kyle episdoes you can catch them using our Online Video Guide.

See you next year.

Marc

Kyle XY

by Marc Simkin

Episode Recap: "To C.I.R. with Love"

Welcome back to the rest of Season 2 of Kyle XY. ABC Family's decision to show the first half of the season last summer/fall was a nice treat, because now we will actually have 10 weeks of fresh episodes instead of being subjected to reruns due to the writers' strike.

Overall I was expecting more. I was let down by this episode. Kyle was going to jump off the edge after Jessi, but Foss, stops him. Is Jessi really dead?

Kyle is starting to realize that Foss has been taking care of Baylin but the rest of the organization still exists, and has been helping Foss take care of Baylin.

Kyle has been told to tell the Trager the truth. Kyle spills the truth. Josh has the expected reaction. "Whoa, that is so much cooler than anything he could think of."

Nicole is not upset, she welcomes him home. Steven, Nicole, and Kyle are plotting how to bring down Madacorp.

Kyle has balls, he walks right up to Ballantine and states, " hear you were looking for me?" Kyle wants to make a deal with Ballantine to save the Trager. The "Laurie Trager is open for business line" sounds so much like a prostitute

this episode was sooo good! who else watched it?? the previews for the rest of the season look great too...looks like jessi's definitely gonna lose it..

I watched it. I think Jesse's bad behavior in the past will haunt her. She saw good in Kyle and good in herself and seemed to not like what she did before. She will have some tough times ahead.

I couldnt get over how tall little bro had gotten.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Kyle XY Grows Up

Thanks for posting the article!

I did not expect them to take jesses character in this direction.. after the first episode i thought she was going to join forces with kyle and help him...apparently not! I like the twist though, i think evil jesse is more interesting than good jesse..

I cant wait for Amanda and Kyle's reunion next episode. . They are so adorable together! He can't stop smiling when he's around her and he has such a cute smile :)

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Kyle XY' Canceled

The sci fi-mystery show has run for three seasons

By Hanh Nguyen

February 3, 2009

Will the mystery behind "Kyle XY" be resolved?

It appears that sci fi-mystery drama "Kyle XY" has been canceled, a representative for ABC Family confirmed.

"Sadly 'Kyle XY' will not be returning after this season," the rep tells Zap2it.

The show's third season just began on Jan. 12 and stars Matt Dallas as the titular character who's an amnesiac teenager with special powers and a missing belly button. He gets taken in by the wacky Trager family, who teach him the basics of human interaction and affection as he tries to puzzle out his mysterious past.

Helping to fill the void left by "Kyle XY," however, are three new shows that were announced Monday (Feb. 2). "Ruby and the Rockits," "10 Things I Hate About You" and "Perfect 10" each received 10-episode orders and will join the previously announced "Roommates" and "Sophie" as ABC Family's new original programming roster.

Returning this summer to the cable network are "Greek" and " Lincoln Heights." Although there has been no official word, it's assumed that the hit drama "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" will also get a renewal.