• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:14 PM

ok, i remember 2 or 3 years ago there was a remodeling show.

there was teams of 2, and they all had diffrent colors.

every episode they had to remodle a part of a house.
-- one week they would do the bathroom, one week they would do a kitchen, the next they would do the front yard.

im pretty sure somebody got eleminated every episode.
- i would really like to know what that show was called!
i really like watching it every saturday morning.

Help please!

#2 Yana

Yana

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 12,466 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:18 PM

Was it the block? They show the british version on fox reality all the time...

#3 King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:10 PM

umm.. that doesnt sound right.. it might be, but could you send a link please?

#4 jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:43 AM

There was a show called "The Complex" a few years ago where a bunch of couples renovated 3 or 4 different apartments in the same building in Malibu, CA. There was one team that was gay. Each week one team was eliminated until 3 teams remained (1 for each apartment). The finished condos were auctioned off at the end and the couple who received the highest bid for their unit were the winners. Is this the show you're thinking of?

#5 nawlinsgal

nawlinsgal

• Pip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:17 PM

Visit My Website

#6 King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:11 PM

Hmmm, none of those are ringing a bell, maybe im just losing it, lol. but thanks anyways...

#7 TheMansion

TheMansion

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:03 PM

"The Mansion"

For eight weeks, our creative contestants will live together in the house they're working on. Eight competitors under one roof? At least it's a big roof. Check it out:

• 13 rooms
• 5 bedrooms
• 4 bathrooms
• 4+ acres of land - including a lake!
• Approx 7,000 square feet
• detached carriage house (2 bedroom apt) with 4 car garage

Want to know more? Check out the floor plans for the first floor, second floor, and the carriage house.

http://www.tbs.com/s...,,34776,00.html

#8 ElisabethF50

ElisabethF50

• Pip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

I remember the complex! I liked that show.

#9 kimber1369

kimber1369

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:32 PM

Hi King,

Were you talking about Trading Spaces Home Free on TLC? It was a competition version of Trading spaces. Eight couples competed (2 couples a week). This 8 week show will end with the winner having their mortgage paid off.

Hope this helps,
Kim

#10 kdzgon

kdzgon

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:38 PM

I think you are thinking of "House of Dreams" on A&E - George Wendt (Norm from “Cheers”) hosted the show. Sixteen people lived in Harmony, Florida as they worked together and competed against each other while building their “House of Dreams.” Every couple of days, the contestants, a.k.a. the Dream Builders, met in front of a door where they selected a key with which they attempted to open the door. Two of those keys didn’t open the door, and the holders of those keys became the “Red Hats,” the two candidates who were eligible for eviction at an Eviction Ceremony held a few days later. Eventually just one of the 16 won the completed house (a circus juggler named Viveca).

Another possibility is “House Wars” on USA. Four families competed for the opportunity to win their dream home. The families were the Andersons, the Dahms, the Garays, and the Hasselbachs. The show was a competition between the four families to design, create, and decorate their ultimate dream home. Each team of four started out with the shell of a house and worked on one room each week over the course of eight episodes. Each family was assigned a designer to assist them with the design for each room, and the families had to finish one room in their assigned house each week with the assigned time and budget. After they finished each room, the designers became judges and rated the families’ work (however, each designer did not judge the family they worked with.) They gave them points on the creativity of their work (points were taken away if they went over budget.) Some of the teams were eliminated along the way, and in the end, the home audience chose which family won the prize of the dream house they just designed and built, which ended up being the Dahms.

And, one more show was “House Rules” (Fox?). This show had three teams of amateur home remodelers, all of which had a little knowledge of home construction. This one was hosted by FOX’s favorite reality show host, Mark Walberg (of “Temptation Island”.) The three teams were: the Red Team, consisting of Katie and Adam, newlyweds who spent their honeymoon competing on the show; the Blue Team, consisting of Cindy and Bill, who have been married for 11 years; and the Silver Team consisting of Rebecca and Joseph, who had been in a long-distance relationship for nearly a year. Each week, the teams competed to win their share of a remodeling allowance to be used to pay for the renovations. Each week’s allowance that they won that week could only be spent for that week’s room (it couldn’t be transferred to another room later.) Contestants had to do all work themselves, with a few exceptions for major installations (mainly electrical), which were handled by experts from Lowe’s (the show's sponsors). A panel of judges viewed each team’s work for the week, and the team whose project was chosen as the week’s best will won a special prize. At the end of the 12-week competition, it was up to viewers to pick the winning team by voting (Cindy and Bill).

#11 donholder

donholder

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

I think I know the one you are talking about. It was on either CBS or ABC. The contestants lived in a big house and they had to remodel different rooms. There were 3 judges that were desigers. There was a woman on there that reminded me of Martha Stewart, I think she was the host. It was only on one season. The team that lost had to go to the garden at night and the team voted one member off. I can't remember the name of it though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users